• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready Class 3 - Another Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, is that all? Here let me fix that for you." Maya past the big guy and increased the pressure to the hot water faucet of his shower to compensate. "Just wait a few minutes and it should warm eventually." Maya then noticed the perplexed look on his face. "Are you alright? You look like your about to faint." She places her hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

Managing to slip away from the showers unseen, Yumiko looked up her name in the list of the recruits and walked inside the room which was supposed to be hers. There she ate the apple and waited, lying on the bed, for some time.

When she heard other people going to the showers, she realized Maya and the big guy couldn’t be there any more. “Ok, I hope she’s having a good time”, Yumiko thought while she was finally taking the hot shower. After that, she hurried to her bed to get some rest after this crazy day. The last thoughts she could remember before falling asleep were: “Shifuda Kuriko, Shifuda Kuriko, Shifuda Kuriko. I have to remember Kuriko’s name otherwise I’ll look like total idiot”.

After dropping in to the commissary to snag a bottle of water, Kazuma started to walk to the barracks, but saw something that interested him. At first, all he was was some silver reflecting off the lights in the base, but then saw it was a person, sneaking out of the base. Someone else is restless. Can't blame him, after that battle. He crept around the building to where the man was just as he crossed the wall. He proceeded to climb over the wall shortly behind him, dropping off the wall onto the soft ground.

Strelgar pulled out his pack resting on the ground just on the outside of the wall. The wall was no threat it is people he worried over, he reached inside his pack and pulled out his long black cloak, and slid on his fathers dead skull dipped in an alloy. Now I belong to the night. He walked calmly as if he were nothing more than a ghost, missing twigs and other objects that could make more than the sound of his boots touching the ground.

Kazuma watched as the man walked through the forest, now with a black cloak and skull on. He may be harder to follow with that cloak on... he thought. A challenge, I see... he thought with a smirk. His path was about around fifty meters away from Strelgar.

The walk to where the bus crashed took about 10 minutes until they reached the site of the crashed bus. It seemed they had not cleared out the bus yet, but there were no signs of conflict, other then footprints and the remnants of the fire Kazuma snuffed out.

"Yes I was expecting something like this to happen." Strelgar sneered, the site had foot prints all over. Mainly the prints were all small like the feet of those strange Yamat's. He was looking for the Tentacle Beasts trail. "I wonder my Yamat shadow. Would aliens hold back on the killing of so few strange Yamat females?" Strelgar shot out the katana to its length of about 3/4 of his total height, which sent out a metal ring that was harmony to Strelgar's soul. He took his low stance, ready to defend from any angle.

Thought I'd be noticed. Probably was seen the whole time... he thought. "No, I would have to say they wouldn't let them all live," Kazuma said, walking out of the trees, the dark sky hiding almost everything except a pair of bright green eyes. "The instructors said they were fake, but you can never be too sure...," he thought out loud while walking over to the bus. If this man attacked him with the sword, he was hoping to find something durable on the bus. "Could just be a cover up, didn't want to cause a commotion this early in the training. Is this what you came out here to see?"

"Could be little Yamat. My home world there is a legend, it goes something like this." Strelgar sheathed his sword and relaxed a little still keeping his gauntleted hand on his dagger hilt. "Nuos, the death on black angel wings. He was a killer, killed everyone he saw that looked feeble or far to old to be useful. He wore a skull on his head, and black cloak. His weapon though was these short pair of one handed scythes. Quite devastating they were. He soon ruled his own country just adjacent to my birth kingdom. He hid the fact millions of soldiers loyal to his cause had died trying to find a treasure." Strelgar pointed to left arm grabbing the hilt. He started pacing, as he rubbed his chin with his right hand. Waiting for the Yamat to respond so far.

The story interested Kazuma so far, so he walked away from the bus upon seeing the sword sheath. The clouds had started to part, allowing the moon to shine upon them. "Let me guess, you killed him and stole the treasure?"

"No, he died by his own doing." Strelgar laughed, "You smart little Yamat, I kill many in my journey. Not him though." He shook his head, only seeing those jade green eyes of his. Mother, you had green eyes- "Back to tale, the people killed him. He hid many things from them. He died by being a liar, much like the military has the ability to be. Do you see where I come from when I examine past battle ground?" He asked the little Yamat. The moon light made him look so much like his servant Jecria a good friend of his back home. The first to accept death by his hand, an honor one of the most injuring act of killing he ever committed.

"Know the enemy and know yourself and you will never be defeated," Kazuma thought out loud. "The battleground here seems to check out though, no signs of the tentacled creatures. Just like the old man in your story, they may just be waiting to die by lying." He walked around the area, seeing the fire scattered and footprints. Upon closer observation however, he was able to see a little projector embedded in the tree. He pointed at the device and sighed. "Well, that helps their story."

Strelgar liked the little Yamat, he listened to his tale which doesn't happen often. "Little Yamat you have a name it is yours to give if you choose." He lifted his arms and pulled out a little necklace from his pocket, it glimmered with precious jewels on it. "I made this on my travel, and I enjoy your company little Yamat. Understand me being who I am this doesn't happen often." Strelgar tried to smile, it only ended looking like he was a little annoyed so he stopped. Approaching the Yamat left arm out and his right hand holding out the shimmering ornament. "You listened it deserve reward as is customary to my gods law." He held the jewel so the Yamat can grab it out of his hand. "Please accept, it would make me most satisfied with my trust, for helping me figure out truth."

The Yamataian walked over to the serious man covered in weapons, who was showing he meant no harm with his hands out. "My name's Kazuma. I'm honored you would give me this necklace." He slowly took the necklace out of his hand, not too fast so he wouldn't mistake it for snatching it out of his hand. "If it doesn't bother you, what should I call you by?" he said while looking at the necklace in his hand.

"Strelgar my birth name. Sergei is the one my good friend called me." Strelgar felt a pang of regret, shoved it aside and continued. "Those are rare jewels from my family vault. Take care of them, treat them with respect and good things will come." He looked to the direction of the wall building he left from to come here. "Should go bosses might punish, I could handle it. You little Yamat would break." He started the way he came removing his skull helmet and putting back in its' bag. "Come trusted look out for their brother." Strelgar enjoyed having some one to talk to, he spent many years alone with only his mind.

Kazuma slid the necklace over his neck and followed Strelgar into the trees, back to the Fort. "Us Yamats can take a punch, mind you," he said with a laugh. "I'll be sure to be your partner when we practice hand-to-hand and show you what I can do."

"Yes that would be entertaining, be wary. We from my home don not know the meaning of hold back." Strelgar stretched he enjoyed having company almost more then the sword.

Ten minutes of walking and conversing passed as the two reached the wall into the Fort. They quickly climbed over and entered the barracks, where most of the recruits were fast asleep. Kazuma found his assigned bunk, took off his jacket, and tried to sleep.

Strelgar looked around at the confining resting places, "ACK! warriors don't sleep on soft rest." He rested against the wall right nest to the shower, his Katana resting on his shoulder. "Stupid small bed area. Sides, I not want take time for reading. I just relax here." Although sleep never came easy to Strelgar he began to drift. Rubbing his white jacket of his families, thinking about how he will miss his heritage not being worn on him. His belongings and everything else he would be without for some time. "I-ll keep the daggers in my boots or the jacket. I couldn't live without at least some part of me." He whispered as he relaxed, eyes closed.

Kuriko took a quick trip to the cafeteria once the instructors released them. After grabbing a quick snack Kuriko went to the dorms, stripped down and went to take a shower.

As Kuriko entered the shower area she noticed a neko standing behind a rather large yamataian. "Konbanwa." Kuriko said as she stepped up next to Paxton and turned on the shower. As the cold water ran down her slender body Kuriko sighed with relief. "Today was an interesting day ne?" Kuriko asked glancing over at Paxton as she started to soak her hair under the cold water.

As the young neko reached out and touched Paxton's forehead, he jerked back as if he had been bitten by a snake. It was bad enough that he was already terrified of the girl, but this was overloading him. How was he supposed to react in this situation? His parents had sheltered him from this sort of thing as a child. Fights he could handle. This was altogether different.

The two stood and looked at each other in silence for a minute or so. Paxton's muscles had tensed up so much it had nearly caused him to tremble. The water wasn't getting any warmer either, so he told him it was just the chill.

Moments later, another neko devoid of clothing sauntered into the showers and took up the one next to his.

"Konbanwa"

He watched her turn on the water on and begin to relax as droplets started trickling down her slender form.

"Today was an interesting day ne?"

"Kon...bon..." panic took over before Paxton could finish the greeting. For a brief moment he had thought to make it a point to learn their names, but that was lost amidst a torrent of confusion. With soap still in his hair, and the water still on, he turned and took off running as fast as the confines of the small room and slippery floor tiling would let him. As he rounded a corner to leave the showers, he began to lose his footing on the slick, wet floor. He flailed his arms out to his sides in a desperate attempt to retain his balance, but to no avail. He landed square on his rump. Despite his size, he managed to gain his feet again in a display of spectacular agility that never before in his life had he managed, even if for a total lack of grace. He proceeded out of the showers at great haste and made his way over to his bunk.

He was still sopping wet, and there was no sign of towels in sight. With a sigh, he attempted to shake as much water off of himself as he could before grabbing his shirt and drying the rest off. Hopefully, the cadets would be issued uniforms soon and he wouldn't have to wear civies again for a while.

Maya could not help but jump back as the big guy just bolted all of sudden and then stated slipping all over the place. She then looked at Kuriko. "Could you excuse me I'm going to make sure he's alright." Maya walked out of the showers being careful not to trip herself while grabbing a towel on her way our and walked over to the big guy who was standing by a bunk.

"Hey, are you alright? You just ran off started falling all over the place. Look its alright don't be scared, my name is Maya, I"m a friend and I'm not going to hurt you." She said as calmly and compassionately as she could without scaring him and she hands him the towel she was caring to dry off. "So whats your name? I don't recall seeing you on the bus?"

"I was in the back. Probably passed out and drooling on the window. I'm Paxton. Paxton Daysun." he said, offering her his hand. Drying off and burying his face into his makeshift towel had given him a few minutes to gather his thoughts. "Sorry. It's just...the shower...in the...It's a lot to take in. I'm ok now."

After hearing that and seeing the look on his face Maya looked down at her half-naked self. "Oh... now I see what the problem is. Well just so you know most Nekovalkyrja are usually comfortable with there sexuality and don't see any reason for modesty and besides this is a unisex barracks so you'll just have to get used to it, but if it will make you feel better I'll try to cover up when your around. Deal?" She then held out her hand to him.

Kuriko watched as Paxton took off in a hustle. That was wierd. Kuriko thought as she finished rinsing out her hair. Could it be that he isn't used to seeing people naked or something? Kuriko wondered.

Once Kuriko had finished washing she grabbed her towel, wrapped it around her body and headed to her bunk. As she approached she noticed the same Yamataian beside the her bunk with the neko from earlier, whose hand was extended. Oh, looks like we might be bunk-mates.... Kuriko thought to herself as she approached. "Anou, about earlier, sorry for startling you" Kuriko paused for a second, trying to think of the Yamataian's name. "I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name earlier. I am sorry about that, my hearing is sometimes bad. Could you give it to me one more time?" Kuriko asked.

((edit: removed some japanese, and fixed a pronoun error.))

A third scantily-clad Neko appeared before them, a towel over her shoulder and not much else. She shook her vibrant blue hair, then said, rather loudly and obnoxiously "What's the giant's problem?" She stepped forward and looked at Paxton. "Saw you take a dive, that was harsh. You're a Yamataian now, right? you should be able to catch yourself with gravity manipulation yannow?" she said, demonstrating the fact by floating up to be level with him. She sighed, a little exasperated, then floated off towards the showers, muttering something about "Kids these days" though she was only 4 months old herself.

The commotion in the showers didn't help relax, in fact it was getting annoying. Getting up to look for the cause. "Maybe it will be quieter there!" He almost shouted. "You all know what, I am going out for a walk. At least there I can sleep!" He said as he passed by a few half dressed strange Yamats', letting his more agitated side flare.

"Female Yamats' need to learn manners." He pointed as he left out the barracks, trembling with anger. Checking his Katana with the word mother inscribed on it. This particular weapon was his most prized weapon, he smithed it himself. "Mother I be a barbarian but, people just don't have honor. Common sense either." He held mother close to his heart. "I miss you mom you were the only other person to care."

He felt so much sorrow, he stood outside, the moon darling. "Pretty moon give help to those without honor." Strelgar relaxed on the wall the night air refreshing. His soul burned with battle lust. It has been so long since I have truly killed, I yearn for it.

He jumped over the wall, landing softly taking a long walk.

A lake a darling clear lake. With his guitar wrapped in a water proof material and his weapons left to dry by fire after the swim. getting across would pose no problem.

As he walked around the lake he started to think. A trusted Kazuma. The Yamat made him laugh, it has been years since he laughed at something other then the bemusement of killing.
Playing his electric guitar, the sky his only light. Kazuma trusted, not alone. He kept on playing the tune, the sorrow rung out to let all hear. Yet, out of all the sorrow he could hear a tune of hope there to.

Yamamoto Hotaru was heading towards the barracks, recalling the day's events and her part in them...Or not, as the case may be.
She had been on the bus that 'crashed' at the start of the test and followed the instructors commands to disembark. Being the shy type, Hotaru stayed away from the main group of cadets, preferring to observe as was her habit. She didn't stand out so nobody really noticed her. When the attacks started happening, she was really shook up. Looking around she noticed a volumetric projector up in one of the trees, and correctly surmised it was a test. Especially when the instructors became scarce. With that in mind, when the others ran off, she went back into the bus to get her kitbag. Exiting, Hotaru made good time towards the base. She got to the base just as one of the Neko's was screaming.....
Jolted out of her thoughts, she heard some shouting and commotion happening. She quickened her steps to the entrance, barely missing a tall Geshrin striding outside towards the courtyard. Heading inside, towards the living areas, she sees three barely dressed Nekos speaking with a tall Yamataian.

Deciding on a course of action, Hotaru walks over to the group intending to introduce herself after she had checked the bunk assignments. Even though she was shy, she figured this was a good way of overcoming her little problem.

Within ten minutes, the lights in the barracks slowly dimmed, as if to warn of the coming darkness. Within a few seconds, the lights had fully shut off and the barracks was covered in darkness.

The first day is always the warm-up day, so the instructors didn't do their worst. The black haired instructor walked into the room with an air horn in hand. The smile on his face proved that this was his favorite time of day. "GET UP OR GET SCUFFED!" he shouted, blowing the air horn in the faces of those not moving in their beds yet. "Report outside for morning exercises, you have 10 minutes. I'd suggest you get your asses in gear and move it!"

Just then, something caught his eye. An empty bunk. Shit... he thought, pounding his fist on the wall. The instructor stormed out of the room and through the door labeled "Staff Only."

"Kiyoshi, Kail come here," he said in an urgent but less aggressive manner than with the recruits. "We have a problem. One of the recruits is missing. No idea where he want, or why. Could be in trouble, or could just be a wandering troublemaker. Since we don't know the nature of this, I want you two to take out two Daisies and scout the area. His name is Strelgar Jextair VelCroix. If it's not an emergency, be sure to treat him like shit for this," he said in a serious tone. Kiyoshi found it hard to understand if it was sarcasm or not, but it was wise not to question him. "Understood sir," Kiyoshi said, bowing to his superior.

Maya was still holding out her hand when all of a sudden the lights shut down all around them and that was when her natural neko night vision then kicked in to compensate. Maya lowered her hand and started looking around. "Lights out I guess, sorry everybody but I guess will just have to save this for another time." Maya then left the group trying to find the way back to her bunk. "By the way, to whoever is sharing my bunk, I got the top!." Maya then jumped on the top bunk and got under the covers to get ready for sleep. "Good night roomies!" After that she was out like a light.

In the morning an instructor barged in the barracks yelling at everyone to get up and blowing an air horn. Maya however, despite all the racket, was still some how able to sleep peacefully with a smile on her face and purring between snores. The instructor noticing this walked over to Maya's bunk and place his air horn over Maya's catlike sensitive ear and blew away. "Ahhhhhhh!!!!" Maya yelled in fright jumping out of the bed high enough to hit her head on the ceiling and fall flat on her face on the cold floor.

When the instructor moved on, Maya was up and about, crying as usual, holding her poor head and putting her hands over her ears trying to make them stop ringing. As Maya was about to start getting dressed that was when she realized other then her dirty and torn jumpsuit she didn't have anything else to wear. "Oh boy.... I guess this means I have to go out there in nothing but my underwear. Can things get any worse?" She said with a sigh. She then double timed it out of there outside for inspection.

Satomi, ever restless, had been up before the instructor even opened the door. Quickly she got up and dressed in the same clothes she'd been wearing last night. Shaking out her blue hair, she rushed past the instructor and towards the mess hall.

"WHAT? A Recruit, Missing? this has never happened before! I told you we needed to actually turn on the security systems, and even after that attack by the Mishhu, you ignored me!" Kail burst at the black haired instructor, before storming out of the room and towards the PA hangar, to mount a Daisy and search out this "Strelgar" individual.

With the lights out Hotaru decided she'd introduce herself in the morning and made her way to her assigned bunk. There was already someone in the top, so with a sigh she dumped her kitbag on top of her footlocker, took off her kit and uniform before getting in to bed.
Hotaru was in the shower when she heard
Yagen said:
"GET UP OR GET SCUFFED!"
Then someone blowing the air horn and more shouting
Yagen said:
"Report outside for morning exercises, you have 10 minutes. I'd suggest you get your asses in gear and move it!"

With that, she shut off the shower, grabbed a towel and made her way to her bunk. Deciding not to wear a clean uniform, she started dressing in the uniform she was wearing yesterday. Hotaru made it outside in just under ten minutes.

As soon as his head hit the pillow, Paxton was dead asleep. His feet hung off the end of bed and no matter how he positioned himself at least one of his arms hung off the side and rested on the floor. These beds were decidedly not made for someone of his size.

----

*HHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

A loud horn went off right next to his head. Paxton jolted up out of his sleep.

*WHAM!*

His head slammed into the bunk above him. He tried to open his eyes, but couldn't see anything except white through the searing pain in his head. Writhing in apparent agony, he managed to roll out of bed and make it to his knees. When his sight returned to him, he found a coating of blood on the hand he had used to rub some of the pain away from his forehead. Paxton knew enough to put pressure on the wound, but other than a little cut there didn't seem to be anything wrong. Besides, these head cuts always looked worse than they really were.

"Damn that smarts!" He muttered out loud to himself.

"Report outside for morning exercises, you have 10 minutes. I'd suggest you get your asses in gear and move it!"

Paxton, hand still on his forehead, peered into the bunk to witness the cause of his injury. The offending support beam that helped hold up the top mattress had bent slightly under the impact. A spark of pride helped to dull the embarrassment that he kept to himself. As he took a look around, it was apparent that he wasn't the only one. The blond neko from the night before was on the floor sobbing into her hands with a great big knot on her head. He would've stopped to see if she was ok, but he had his own immediate injuries to attend to.

He walked into the bathroom to find a sink to clean up. When he saw his face in the mirror, he chuckled to himself. Blood was all over his face. The looks he must've gotten while walking in here would have been amusing to watch if he had been paying attention. It really looked like he was in serious trouble, but having gotten head wounds in the past, he knew this was nothing. The bleeding had stopped by then, so he proceeded to turn on the water and wash his face. The water was still cold. Maybe it wasn't that neko, maybe it was just the instructors. "What did she say her name was?" He thought to himself. "Maya? Yeah, that was it."

The brisk water felt good this early in the morning. It helped to wake him up. The water drained down the sink with a very noticeable pink hue as the blood came off his face. The cut was still fresh, but it had closed up fairly quickly.

His face clean, Paxton made his way back to his bunk. He put on the cloths he had the day before and wondered when they would be getting new uniforms.

The shirt was still slightly damp, but dry enough to be wearable. He sniffed it just to make sure, but didn't there wasn't any noticeable smells that he could tell. With that, he made his way to the stairs and headed out the door.

As the lights dimmed Kuriko put her undergarments on as fast as possible. "Sorry for making you uncomfortable earlier like that..." Kuriko muttered to Paxton as she threw on her undergarments and climbed onto the top bunk. It didn't take the neko long to fall asleep.

----

Kuriko was sleeping peacefully until their was a loud air horn triggered underneath her bed. As her body kicked awake the bead shook a bit as Paxton slammed his head into one of it's supports. "That didn't sound good." Kuriko muttered as Paxton wandered off to the bathroom.

Taking Paxtons absence as an optortunity to change into her clothes, Kuriko awkwardly climbed down the bed, yawning a little as she did so. As soon as Kuriko was dressed she headed outside.

((edit: sentence fix))

ON
The sun had not finished rising on the base as Kail and Kiyoshi made it to the power armor bay. The ride did not take long in the vehicles, since the idea of an emergency made them drive faster than normal. Once there, Kiyoshi took off his uniform, folded it, and placed it in a holder. He grabbed one of the Daisies marked for instructors, and ran some initial diagnostics while waiting for Kail.

Kail was similarly quick, Shucking her bodysuit uniform and throwing it in her cubby before selecting her Daisy and Jumping in. "Good morning, Lady" She sent the AIES, 'waking' it up and powering up. She ran her diagnostics in a fraction of the time it took Kiyoshi, and soon announced "Ready, let's get searching"

Good morning Instructor Kail. Search for recruit name "Strelgar" initiated. After a few seconds, the AIES chirped. Heat source detected just outside the wall surrounding the main base, the AIES said, showing a map of the Fort, with a heat signature clearly visable. Vitals appear to be normal, no harm done.

Strelgar stood leaning against a tree, lost in thought from last nights vision. "Wrong today, something-

The two armors quickly closed the distance between them and their target. The quick speed killed any form of stealth, which they did not hope to need. The branches swayed in the wind they created upon landing and Kail and Kiyoshi stopped next to the bank. Seeing as Kail was his superior, Kiyoshi decided to let her handle things.

Kail stepped forward, towards the tree, quickly having AIES look up the person leaning against it, finding soon that it was indeed recruit Strelgar, She relaxed her LASR and spoke to him "Recruit Velcroix, What do you think you are doing outside the compound? we have walls for a reason, you know" She took another step forward, clearly miffed, and stopped, glaring at him through her helmet, though he would not be able to tell.

"What is contraption?" Strelgar looked at the bulky armors, curious by the fast approach. He stood with only curious intent. You could avoid them, but how? Strelgar took a step forward. "Challenge, cat mouse. I need see how bulky armor work." Strelgar making his accent thick. He already had a plan, keep up a chase as he was light. He had left his things in his locker box very late at night. Beside the close he wore he had nothing except the jewel embedded in his chest.

"I asked you, Why are you outside the compound, Recruit?" Kail said, ignoring his questions. Something about his accent and body language were off, She couldn't tell whether it was a natural difference or if he was planning something, So she had AIES pot as many escape vectors he could have, and ways to counter them. Hopefully, they wouldn't be needed.

Kiyoshi stood puzzled for a minute. We were worried about him and he wants to play games... He sighed, not sure what to do. Orders Kail? You going to go at him one versus one? [\i] he sent telepathically. He switched to the radio and started to laugh. " or should I give firing support?"

"No need, Kiyoshi, he can't escape, and so long as he answers me, I won't hurt him" She telepathically answered

Can't escape, might have fun. "Reason! I sleep once a week rarely, Strange Yamat females rude. Stop me from sleep, I could kill, but not." Laying more of the accent of his on.

"If you can't sleep, go buy some earplugs next time you've a free day. And you should be mighty glad you didn't kill anyone, because if you did, A Worse fate will await you, we don't take kindly to criminals around here" Kail subtly shifter her LASR when he said "kill" into a position where she could more easily use it as a melee weapon if need be. "If he gets violent, pop him in the head with a training round" she ordered Kiyoshi.

"Boom Boom, I know mother wrote it. Sword no equal all though." Stralgar grinned his twisted grin. Although I have no blade, I would love know how I fare. He shook his head. "I have tale, has those bulky things are in." He started pacing, thinking about the story.

Roger he sent, glancing down at his gun making sure the magazine was the training rounds. Real rounds were not normally loaded into the LASRs by default, so a magazine of training rounds rested in the gun. Ready and waiting.

"A Tale you say? Well, hurry up and tell us before too long, Or you'll be in even deeper shit than you are now" She replied, rather Frankly.

Strelgar grinned, "Me see, then I will move if boss say so." Strelgar started to head back towards the direction of the. He stopped, "Not nice, I will go my will." He turned to face them, Strelgar knew about firearms. Deadly little boom stick, they owe to listen to tale. "One part, owe me. I go willingly, you listen to tale." He held out his hand, "But if force me go, then this happen often. I make nights filled horrible retrieval job." He stood waiting for deal in the common he watched, called a hand shake.

Patiently watching the recruit walk slowly away, Kail had AIES translate his accent into more intelligible words. "So long as you promise to keep to the barracks, we'll be fine" She answered, Holding her armored hand for him to shake.

"Yes good, I tell stupid other females be considerate. You excluded, you common sense." He shook the armored hand. "Me go back fast. With own legs." He sprinted as he headed towards the fort. Flipping with ease over the wall, showing off his ability by triple flipping down into the court yard. Grinning his own twisted smile, as he saw people gathering there.

Soon, he'd notice a familiar green armored figure land on the ground in front of him, LASR held horizontally to help block his path. "uh-uh, You don't get to come with everyone else like a good boy, You've got to come with us, so you can tell us your 'Story', Okay, Strelgar?" motioning towards a closed door on the barracks building, which soon opened to reveal another instructor, motioning for Strelgar to join him inside.

Strelgar entered, as he thought. This fun, I get meet boss. I find agreement. He nodded with the same twisted grin.

The recruits lined up outside in rows of four by ten. The morning sun just began to rise over the mountains as the recruits walked on the wet grass. Instructors led the recruits through basic marching and various exercises, eventually ending up at the mess hall.

The cooks were serving eggs, bacon, and hot oatmeal as well as orange juice and coffee.

For the most part, the drills weren't too intensive. Mostly marching and formation drills. The instructors didn't seem to be yelling at anyone too much. Paxton had expected worse. Maybe this was the calm before the storm? He steeled his mind and knew that the hammer would drop eventually.

The people around him mostly wore the same clothing they had on yesterday, and there were a few cadets that smelled a little ripe, but Paxton couldn't pick out who. It didn't help that their feet churned the wet grass into a dark, sticky mud that put off its own distinct odor. Others, like Maya, simply just walked around in their undergarments. It didn't bother him as much as it did at first. The shock factor was gone. It was a little unnerving, but he managed to maintain his composure.

As they approached the Mess, another smell began to overpower the stench amongst the ranks - bacon. Paxton's stomach began to rumble in anticipation of a hot meal. As their maneuvers moved them closer to the mess, the instructors ordered the column into a series of doubling back maneuvers, turning them away from the mess. "Oh, those bastards!" He thought. They didn't need to yell. They were cruel in a completely twisted way - denial of bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back