• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready [Class Four] Fort Ready Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aidan said nothing filing off the bus. Apples, he thought to himself; that was an unexpected response. Dutifully, he filed out of the bus with the other cadets. He politely saluted the officer awaiting there. Finally, things were moving, and Aidan cracked a slight smile. Today was indeed improving.

Filing out with the rest of the recruits, Ringo stared wide-eyed at the rank pin on the Juni's uniform. She looked with awe at the Blue-haired instructor, that must have survived and lived for quite some time to reach that rank, especially considering that she was wearing infantry colors. The young NH-29 instantly felt a feeling of kinship with the Warrant Officer, not only due to the fact that they were both Nekovalkyrja, but also the fact that Ringo was wearing the same midtnight panels on her uniform. She fell in line with the other cadets and waited for the Santo Juni to speak.

The Juni spoke as soon as everyone was "assembled" in front of her. Holding back a wince at their horrible formation, she bit her tongue a moment before starting "Welcome, Recruits, To Fort Ready II. To start off the Evening, you will have dinner in the mess hall, and then afterward you will head to your bunks to make bunk arrangements and unpack. Once you're unpacked, you may turn in for the night. The Mess hall is run Cafeteria style; you will wait in line and pick up your food in an assembly-line fashion, then choose a table to sit at. Try to get to know your fellow classmates while you're at it." She paused for a moment, judging the group's reactions before a quick "Dismissed" was uttered and she scooted out of the way.

Akaza Xado stood straight as the Juni spoke. After she was done speaking, he began to follow the others into the mess hall. Staying close to the white haired guy and neko, he hesitated before saying to both of them, "Hi there. I'm Akaza Xado...and you guys are...?" A little awkward but he thought he had to start somewhere and now was a good a time as any.

Silic’s stomach growled hungrily at the thought of food, but then it always seemed to be a missed meal and two hours away from cannibalisation. Keeping his head down and readjusting his glasses slightly he followed the other cadets through to the mess hall, “I wonder if they have chopsticks or knives and forks here?” he thought to himself “Maybe sporks, what about foons...”

Kail caught Silic's muttering as he walked past, and felt it hospitable to inform him what was there. "We have forks and spoons, as well as chopsticks, if you prefer." She smiled. It wasn't difficult for her to do, she looked rather cute, with that warm smile. "I hope you enjoy the meal. Our staff worked hard at preparing it."

It wasn't long, however, before a stream of Hungry Neko decided to push Silic on into the mess hall before he had a chance to answer. if the man looked back, he would notice that the Juni was nowhere to be seen, but before him was a large spread of food to choose from. The Nekos jabbered at him in Yamataian and Nepleslian to hurry up and choose his food so they could get theirs.

Yaeko made her way to the line, trying to peer over the people to see what was for dinner. Looking at all the delicious food she ran through her mind what she was going to get. She was just about to the front of the line when the person in front of her started taking an alarmingly long time. She waited patiently as she thought to herself, Oh well, there's so much delicious stuff, she's probably just having a tough time deciding.

Deciding to get to know the people around the place better she started making small talk. "So much food to choose from isn't there? This place must have an excellent kitchen staff. I mean just look at all of the food, I can already tell I'm going to have a wonderful time here, I mean, I have a wonderful time everywhere." She let out a big smile and gave a little, giddy, squeak.

Not messing around Silic loaded up with a little bit of almost everything, although he shied away from some particularly innocent looking Chinese cabbage, he’d been burned before on that stuff. Shooting through the line going at the Mach 9 of all walking speeds, holding a pair of chopsticks in his mouth, and a tray in his hand, loading it rapidly with food. It wasn’t until he received a helpful shunt from the recruit behind that he shuffled out of the line with a tray deserving of a sign saying “Wide Load” and began looking for a place to sit.

By this time about half the seats were loaded down with recruits, Mostly the Yamataian, Nepleslian, and Geshrin men with big appetites, though a fair amount of Neko were spread about the place, mostly in little groups, speaking quickly in Yamataian to one another about what they thought training was going to be like and how nice of a place this brand new facility was, and questioning one another about their short histories.

Yaeko was answered by a slightly tall Neko with Green hair similar to the Juni's "Hai, this does seem like a nice place. I heard the Head cook was famous." She smiled sweetly at the other neko until Munkata Squeaked, which reminded the green-haired recruit of someone that had annoyed her during her youngling days. She gave an annoyed sigh and commented "Issa... What is your profession? I would think acting so childish in battle would be a negative thing, so you must not be infantry, Ne?"

Yaeko started filling her plate with food as she responded to the green haired Neko. "No, no, not infantry. I could never run around all the time like they do. No, I'm a bridge operator, I specialize in communications. And acting the way I do is never a bad thing, it's not childish it's happy, because I'm always happy." She beamed at the Neko before continuing to load up food. "And what of you, what is your profession?"

The green haired sprite pointed to the Midnight of her uniform "Infantry." As if it should have been obvious to the other Neko. "My name is Ianna, by the way" Ianna muttered, grabbing a tray and beginning to load it with food, mostly meat and fish, but a good amount of vegetables. The Infantry recruit was obviously going for protein.

"Oh, I should have seen that." She looked down at her plating, deciding that the little bit of everything she had would be satisfactory. "And hello Ianna, my name is Yaeko. Well it was nice meeting you, maybe I'll see you around sometime." With that she skipped off towards and table in the corner, hair bouncing as she went, sat down, and started eating. What a lovely person, she though to herself. It's always good to make new friends!

The table Yaeko had chosen wasn't unoccupied, and across from the Neko sat a wiry Yamataian figure, clad in a male uniform with the uniform trenchcoat over it. The person had a sharp, girlish face and features that were ostensibly pretty, but acted in a gruff, brusque manner as he ate up a meal that couldn't possibly fit into his lean frame. He ignored the recruit for some time, only passing her notice as she had completely settled into her seat.

The pin on the uniform said, 'Nito Hei'.

"Oi. You must be one of the greenhorns." He said in a chesty contralto, glancing up with deep green eyes as he gave his blonde ponytail a toss.

Ianna finished filling her plate, and grabbed a can of soda from an ice-laden tray for her drink. She wandered about the Mess Hall, before selecting a table full of other Infantry Neko, and sitting down to talk with them while she ate.

The level of noise in the hall steadily rose as the chatter continued, and people worked to talk over one another. All in all, it was a lot of noise, but no more than to be expected in such a place. By now, the recruits would notice the sun had just about gone down, casting long shadows over the Fort and painting the sky crimson, all this sight could be seen through the Mess Hall's windows.

Letting the conversation around him flow over him Sil had been spending his time trying to figure out how to take apart each piece of furniture in the room in his head, pondering the problem in between bowls of food, so far he’d managed the tables, chairs, bench and was working on the stove visible from the kitchen. It surprised him to suddenly find the sun setting, it was one of his favourite times of the day, dawn and dusk but he’d never gotten up in time to see that first one without severe encouragement.

“Ah, jus look’t that…” he murmured to himself as he looked through the window from where he was sitting, he’d just arrived and he’d already found two perks, maybe this place wouldn’t be so bad after all.

Silic's joy at the sunset was mirrored all over the room, A number of recruits would stop eating to watch it, including almost all of the Nekovalkyrja, most of whom had never seen a real sunset on a planet before. A chorus of excited "Aaaaahhh's" could be heard from some of the more easily amused among the group, but the constant scraping of utensils against flatware didn't cease, many of the Nepleslian and Geshrin recruits not caring.

Yaeko had sat down at her seat, not really noticing the person on the other side, and began eating. Once she was spoken to she jumped, not having expected anyone to say much to her. "Greenhorn? That's not a term I'm familiar with." She replied as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

A loud snerk erupted after the awe given to the setting sun. Fort Ready's General Combat Instructor, Asher Orkin Westwood, chuckled with his hands on a tray of food, shaking his head at the group of entertained Neko. He was clad in the modern standard of Yamataian males in the Star Army, along with the black leather gloves he usually wore. He looked around figuring a spot to take a seat and spotted a relatively empty table where Yaeko and a thinnish looking person where occupying. The short Yamataian strolled on over.

Gabriel said:
"Greenhorn? That's not a term I'm familiar with."

"She-man here iss' callin' you a newb, a freshie', a rook." Asher butted in loudly and slapped his tray down. He poked a bit of his food.

"N'whass' all dis' Oooin' and Ahhhin' ova' a sunset? It's goin' ova' tha' horizon, s'what?" Asher shrugged and looked around. "I can find betta' things t'screw my eyes ova' wit'."

Asher was replied to at large by the Neko occupants of the room, many whom scolded him in Yamatain for ruining the experience, some explaining that they had never seen a sunset before, but Asher wouldn't be able to understand it all jumbled as it was. None of them even stopped to think that he was a higher-ranked soldier or an instructor. Ianna simply rolled her eyes at her sisters, annoyed at how many were childish.

Asher turned on his seat to face the Neko's chattering at him. His fist rested on the table and he pointed to his Itto-Hei pin.

"Any a'you kitten's wanna' repeat that in a language y'instructa' cn'unda'stand?" He spoke with a rather crazed looking grin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back