• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready [Class Four] Fort Ready Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boy in the trenchcoat shrugged and continued eating, the expression on his fine-featured face nearly being one that was kind of bored. As Asher angrily called out his detractors, he let out a small 'hmph', tracing circles in the thin mixture of curry and rice remaining on his plate. Green eyes peered over to the man and made a quiet grunt. "I believe..."

"...that at least seven of them called you a useless waste of hemosynth flesh." The Yamataian-looking person replied, scratching his head. He seemed to be slightly disinterested by the situation, and did not seem perturbed by this fact. "The others have equally bad, but mixed expressions."

He made a thin smile as he concluded this. The Itto Hei heard the voice again, this time with a a slightly odd resonant quality as it was made telepathically. "Let them be. Tomorrow, you get to play Kami-sama again." The strange ring almost made the Nito Hei's telepathic voice sound like that of a girl, even with his rough intonation.

I'll mull that suggestion ova' as I eat, She-man. Asher slapped his hand on the table. As he turned back to his plate, he kept his hostile glare on the group of Nekos before finally focusing back on his food. With the start of his nomming, he looked up to Yaeko, and then looked to his side at the guy next to him.

"Wassap." Asher said simply, putting some food in his mouth.

Many of the Neko glared back at Asher, but most of them were content to return to their food and mutter to their sisters. The moment completely ruined, many labeled the tiny instructor man on their black lists, even just already. by contrast, none of the Nepleslians, Geshrin, or Yamataians seemed to care, and didn't say anything, mostly wondering why they had chosen to join the military if the majority were these crazy Neko chicks.

Ianna was somewhat annoyed by her sisters, but didn't show it, rather just continuing to power through her dinner. By now she had stopped talking, those around her easily filling the gaps in conversation her vocal absence left.

A Nepleslian man next to Silic nudged him. "You see all that? Crazy these folks are" he muttered, looking miffed by what was going on.

“With those ears, I’d be a little sensitive too.” Sill murmured back, hoping those ears weren’t as sensitive as they looked.

"Not sure it's the ears" the Nepleslian man answered, shaking his head at Silic, whom he found very odd. "Hey, what is it you do? Why you stuck here at this training base?" he asked, curious.

“Hmm, well I think they’re a contributing factor.” hypothesized Silic, picking up a ball of rice with his chopsticks and began munching contentedly.

kai said:
Hey, what is it you do? Why you stuck here at this training base?" he asked, curious.
Sil swallowed “Me? Oh, I just like fixing things, it’s an obsession.” He replied humbly, continuing more loudly “I guess they stuck me here to make sure I can use this…” he demonstrated by raising his left arm and letting the prosthetic hand swivel three-hundred-and-sixty degrees a few times, “…can’t shoot for the life of me neither.” he finished, taking a drink from his mug as his hand stopped spinning. A small smile crossing his face as he remembered the first time he did that, he'd thought he'd broken his arm all over again.

Sitting down across from Asher was a partcular neko indeed. She didn't look different from the other neko, she was particularly average looking, long black hair, fairly average build. She did have a cute little ahoge that stuck up out of her hair, but what really set her apart from her sisters was her tray of food. The thing must have had a pound of applesauce caked in the center, three whole apples off to the side, her desert was a slice of apple pie, and her main course appeared to be some sort of baked apple dish. The golden liquid she was drinking was no doubt applejuice, given her apparent predilection for the fruit. And she was scarfing it all down happily.

One of the benefits from having a hemosynth body was, after all, the ability to process just about anything edible as food, and this particular neko was just taking advantage of that fact.

As Silic chatted with his new found friend, discussing assignments, where they wanted to go and even reminiscing about the old country a little bit when Sil looked past his buddy and down the table, noticing a plate that seemed filled entirely with different incarnations of apples. Leaning over he realised it wasn’t just one plate, someone had taken just about every type of apple product available and made it their entire meal, there was probably enough sugar there to have any normal nepleslian bouncing off the walls.

Raising an eyebrow, Sil leaned back, trying to make out the apple lover, he just couldn’t quite see them in the row “As soon as I found out who that is, they are so getting the call-sign “Apple Child”.” he thought to himself as his buddy turned around curiously, wondering what he was looking at.

Yaeko quietly finished her plate of food. Once it was finished she excused herself from the table, placed her dishes in the proper area, then looked around wondering what she was supposed to be doing next. Silently she looked over the crowd of people, noticing how diverse everyone was, even though the majority looked Neko. Probably newly made, haven't been alive for more than a day, she though sadly to herself as she remembered her past.

Asher arched his brow at Yaeko as she left the table. He looked at She-man next to him and then at the Neko that took a seat in front of him. The Yamataian stared at her meal for a second and then looked up at her then back at her meal.

"Heh heh heh." Asher chuckled shaking his fork at her. "Let me guess, yo'name is Apple." He continued to grin until he caught himself, "Naw, naw, that's too easy."

He leaned over to the man sitting next to him,

"Ey, wass' Yamataian f'Apple?"

The Nepleslian glanced over at the other table Silic was looking at, it contained an obnoxious looking midget, some Androgynous thing in a trench coat, and several Neko, one of which had the tray Sil had spoken of. "Crazy cats" The man muttered to himself, getting back to his food. he mumbled aloud "Why'd I join the cat army again?"

The Nekovalkyrja with the plate of apples looked very serious as she answered Asher. "りんごはりんごニャ~" she replied in Yamataian, a little surprised that a Yamataian wouldn't know the Yamataian word for 'apple.' "一等兵せんぱいはネプレスリア語と邪馬台語がわかりますか?" she asked him, curiously before adding proudly, "すべてのネコもわかります." Perhaps it wasn't proper to talk to a superior officer this way, but it was mess and Ringo was far too giddy from the day's events, as many of the neko were. "りんごはりんごの一番の食べ物ニャ~" she noted, explaining her choice in menu selection.

==========
For our non-Yamataian speakers:
りんごはりんごニャ~ (Ringo wa Ringo nya~): "Ringo is Apple, meow"*
一等兵せんぱいはネプレスリア語と邪馬台語がわかりますか? (Itto-Hei Sempai wa nepuresuriago to yamataigo ga wakarimasuka?): "Does the Itto-Hei not understand Nepleslian and Yamataian?"
すべてのネコもわかります. (Subete no neko mo wakarimasu): "All Neko can also understand both."
りんごはりんごの一番の食べ物ニャ~ (Ringo wa Ringo no ichiban no tabemono nya~): "Apples are Ringo's favorite food, meow."

*Could also mean that she's telling him her name is Ringo, or that she is an apple herself.

Asher looked over at the recruit as she responded to him. His brow arched for a second, and he then leaned in towards her.

"What'd you say 'bout my mudda'?" Asher squinted as he spoke.

Ianna, Several tables away, managed to hear Ringo, and promptly rolled her eyes. She'd had enough of all the chittering of most of the Nekos, it made her Race seem immature and stupid. She got up, restraining herself from becoming violent, and walked over to the Neko in question. "How about..." she began, barely keeping her voice calm before exploding "SPEAKING INTELLIGIBLY!" with a bit of a roar at the other Neko, vertually frothing. She pulled her bangs behind her ears to keep them out of the way, then walked off, gathering her tray and depositing it before heading out the door of the Mess hall.

After remembering they were supposed be choosing bunks Yaeko wondered whether they went individually as they finished eating or as a group. After looking around for the person that had told them their schedule she approached the person and bowed. "Ma'am, if I may interrupt for a moment, are we to report to our bunks individually or shall I wait until the others are finished."

The Person Yaeko had thought was an instructor blinked and brushed hair out of her face, revealing to Yaeko it was not the instructor, but another neko; Their hair was a bit longer, and they had a different face, with no freckles and brown eyes instead of blue. Not to mention this neko had a Santo Hei pin on her chest. She blinked in surprise a few times before answering "Ano.. I don't really know. Instructor-Juni has not been around since we came in here. Angry hei** just stormed out toward the barracks so I would assume we can go though" The Neko answered, trying to be helpful.

**Ianna

“What, defending the light of civilisation not enough for you?” Sil joked, an eyebrow raised as he watched the scene down the table unfold.

The apple lover talked in a stream of rapid-fire Yamataian most of which flew right over Sil’s head. His brain had just managed to catch up when another neko began putting the word to Apple Lover, quite loudly. “Whoa, step back.” Sil murmured to himself as the other neko stormed out of the building.

"Mudder?" Ringo repeated, blinking as she stared back at the Yamataian with little to no comprehension reflecting in her brownish-green eyes. That's when she spotted the green haired neko that looked really familiar. Ringo couldn't recall why she thought she had met her before, but she was certain that she had.

When Ianna had said her peace and stormed off, Ringo was even more confused than she was before. "Sister can't understand Yamataian either?" she said, asking no one in particular. Turning back to Asher, the NH-29 apologized, bowing her head as low as she could without getting a face full of applesauce. "Ringo is sorry, nya~ Ringo did not know that Itto-Hei Sempai had trouble with understanding Yamataian."

Having finished her meal, Yoshiko looked around the room from the quiet corner she was sitting in, absorbing her new surroundings. After awhile she got up and looked for the Juni that greeted them when they got off the bus, finding her just as Yaeko asked her question.

"Yoshiko would like to know the same Juni-san"

Taking this as a good enough response, Yaeko looked around to see what the others were doing. She jumped a little when the other girl popped up. "Uhm, this is not Juni-hei, however it does seem as though we may proceed to the barracks." And with that Yaeko started out the door towards the barracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back