• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready [Class Four] Fort Ready Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sil walked in and collected his bags from the few that remained on the floor and went to claim his bunk, dropping his duffel bag on the ground and kicking it underneath one of the last free bunks left. Dropping his back pack beside him as he sat on his bunk and pulled out his maintenance kit, it was rolled up in a canvas cloth, with several pouches for all his tools. Putting on a small magnifying lens and headlamp with an elastic band he examined his broken hand more closely, “Yep, this is gonna take a while.” he thought to himself as he began disconnecting his hand. Sil wasn’t quite sure how Yamatians would react to a man pulling parts of his own body off, but he made a mental note not to show his “stump” around, it was too soon after dinner for that.

Devonus Doga took a few minutes to enjoy the view of the training facility as the shuttle flew into the new fort ready, though in all honesty most military bases were not visually pleasing. But Devonus could see the beauty in the militaristic design; it was a place to be trained in, not to vacation in.

The shuttle driver unceremoniously kicked him out of the passenger seat and yelled as he pulled away about how lucky Devonus was for not being executed for desertion.

Devonus couldn't help but smirk to himself as he hoisted his duffel bag and shouldered his ruck, then entered the barracks and walked up the steps. May have been better off that way. He stopped just before reaching the top where he heard various conversations chattering away in Yamataiain, with a seemingly happy and giddy voice. He sat his ruck down and took a second to straighten his uniform and insure his 10mm Zen armaments covert operations pistol was correctly cleared, placed on safe, and holstered as well as having Darkheart correctly sheathed and positioned.

With one last sigh he took the last couple of steps and approached what appeared to be an instructor, Devonus's cold blue eyes quickly scanning his body and build and surmising him up to be a rough gung-ho yamataian character of possible dubious history.

"Santo Hei Doga reporting for duty sir"

Devonus mentally braced himself for the hail of questions, accusations, and possible threats of court martial that may or may not soon ensue.

Kail was about to answer Asher when another recruit showed up, this one looked vaguely familiar. She stood off to the side, amused as he addressed Asher, as if the Nekovalkyrja was not there. She let the recruit stand there for a few moments before speaking up. "Recruit Doga. It's been, what? a year since you first came to Fort Ready? Did losing that sparring match really shame you that much that you dropped out before even being awarded a rank? You must have gotten over it, since you're back." She smirked at the man, shifting her weight a little before walking forward and putting a hand on the man's sword. "I will have to take this, we do not want any more blood drawn during training."

"Defeat is but a minor setback to a true soldier, we live, we grow, we overcome, failure to do so reflects poorly on the both the soldier and those who trained him..."

Devonus gave her a smile of appreciation at being recognized as he reached down and unbuckled his scabbard and handed it to her, a slightly mischievous grin passing over his features as their hands slightly touch while he handed her the sword.

"....and of course I would never choose to do anything to tarnish the reputation of such a beautiful instructor, sensei Kail. I had.... other matters that required my attention, I apologize."

"Cut the cute shit, Doga. And It's Tarrim-Juni, to you." Kail said, taking the sheathed sword and holding it to her side. "Now, get into the barracks, you're late, and we've a busy day tomorrow." With that, the Juni nodded at asher to head outside, and walked that direction herself, leaving the late recruit to make his way up to the barracks and find a bunk.

Sil worked patiently with the striped down collection of gears and motors that was once, and would be again, his pinky finger. It was hard trying to work on your own hand, as now he only had one set of digits and a stump to work with, but he was managing it. As he was working on it one of the minute gears sprung from the contraption, bounced off his bed and rolled along the floor. Sil swore quietly and began scurrying around on the floor looking for the wayward piece of metal.

Sil would be stopped in his tracks by the green-haired Infantry Neko that had been so angry earlier. Although she looked quite unamused, she was crouched in front of the man, holding the tiny piece in her nail-less fingers. "Need help?" she asked, motioning towards his stump.

Looking up at the green haired neko Sil laughed sheepishly, one of the lenses of his glasses hugely distorted from the magnifying glass “Sucker gave me the slip for a second there.” He admitted, raising off the floor to a kneeling position, his missing hand slipped quietly into his pocket while his natural rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. “Honestly its fairly tedious work, not something a young buck would be interested in."

"What, recruits are allowed t'leave n'come back?" Asher asked as he began to follow Kail. The guy that approached them earlier causing him to arch his brow highly. He had not been to sure on who he was exactlyu at first, but apparently Kail knew him better. Though, as he eyed the sword in the Juni's hand, he began to gain a suspicious face.

"And uh... Whatcha' thinkin' on doin' wit' that sword, eh?" Asher asked again.

"Any idea what's for training tomorrow?" asked Sil, reaching out slowly to accept the part of his knuckle back, "Because I just hope we don't get the big guy on our first day, the mans psychotic."

"Not usually, No." Tarrim-Juni replied to the junior instructor. "We'll just have to see where this one goes. He showed some promise but was shipped off before he completed training, and even that wasn't to an active unit. It was as if he were placed in storage. I assume he's coming here to complete his training. As for the Sword; It's going to the Armory." And with that, Kail disappeared from the hallway, padding off towards the armory to stow the sword before heading to the instructor's barracks.

"You'd be surprised what us 'young bucks' are interested in." Ianna replied to sill, looking mildly unamused. "I've disassembled and reassembled LAMIA powered armors as a youngling, I think I can handle a hand. Besides, my fingers are smaller, I can put things in tight spaces for you." The green-haired Neko stood up, walking over towards Sil's bunk, and leaning against it, before answering his next question.

"Tomorrow I think is simply physical training with a few introductory courses."

“Oh, well that’s good to hear...” replied Sil as he stood up, sounding distracted as he looked at his hand (the one still attached), his fingers splayed out. “If the palms are the same size wouldn’t each finger be bigger...” he pondered in his head, examining his own digits in earnest. Still in a world of his own he extended his hand towards the greened haired neko, palm forward, before shaking his head and returning to reality. “Silic Vas by the way, mechanical nut unordinaire.” he said, hastily switching the movement to a handshake.

Ianna held out her hand as well, it was much smaller and more slender than Sil's and only had three fingers and a thumb, as Nekovalkyrja lacked pinkies. "Ianna Lill, by Nepleslian naming standards, anyway, but you can call me Ianna. I'm a powered armor pilot, Pleased to meet you."

With the introduction out of the way, the green-haired Neko looked to the bed, seeing the mechanical hand resting there, halfway disassembled, and nodded to the tools, picking one up and beginning to survey the hand's mechanical workings.

Devonus smiled as Kail walked away, slightly amused by his immediate dismissal by the Neko. He had known better then to expect friendly banter from an instructor, and would have been disappointed if there had been.Their here to teach, not flirt or become friends with the recruits. But still maybe I'll pursue her further, depends which roads fate present in the future.

He looked around the room, examining the various occupants and partners of his current class. Most seemed to dozing off, a few chatted here and there while two seemed to be working over a piece of equipment of some kind.. Is that a hand? But what about the species restriction act?....maybe it was appealed, must be so otherwise this man wouldn't be here.

There was a near by bunk to those two, though of course the top was occupied by a snoring neko. Devonus stowed his equipment quickly and turned to watch the precedings. He heard their little conversation and could not help but think back to his little sparring match with Yuril. "If she knows what she is doing she'll fix that much faster. Even if her hand wasn't smaller, their hands are steadier and more agile then most species..." his mind flashes back to when Yuril knocked him out due to her quick reactions..."... much more agile, even compared to us yamataians."

Devonus could not help but grimace a little in disgrace at his defeat, his eyes echoing his inner feeling as they reverted to their natural icy glare. His mind quickly replayed the match step by step, before he realized his entire stance and look had changed.... Can't be having that now, no one is suppose to know about that side of me here. He quickly smiles again and Extends his hand to the man. "Devonus Doga, I'm a power armor pilot, just like the neko here with the gentle touch."

"Feh." Asher hurumphed as the taller, more superior instructor walked off. It often peeved and baffled him on how she couldn't loosen up in the lightest. Then again, his meager philosophical side would answer that every person is how they are for a reason concerning their past.

Just as, his more bestial side would respond, Asher is great because there's an A in awesome, and an A in Asher. In a figuring of that side and his greatest intelligence, Kail is the way she is because she was raised that way, and there's also a 'K' in Killjoy. Though, thoughts like that have to be pushed to the side, because thinking while walking is a dangerous thing. Especially so, when you are walking to the Instructor's Barracks, a.k.a The Luxury Barracks.

As he made it to the facility, he wondered if any other instructors had decided to take it easy and relax before the start of tomorrow.

Shaking Ianna’s hand firmly but carefully he tried to discretely turn their hands so her fingers were visible, he unconsciously leant sideways a bit and saw that indeed her fingers were much more nimble than his. Suddenly a new voice knocked his brain back into gear “If she knows what she is doing she'll fix that much faster. Even if her hand wasn't smaller, their hands are steadier and more agile then most species... much more agile, even compared to us Yamataians." said a blond young man, approaching the two of them. "Devonus Doga, I'm a power armor pilot, just like the neko here with the gentle touch.” sticking his hand out for an handshake.

Despite the mans soft words and greeting something tweaked Sils brain, most native Yamataians would bow instead of offering a handshake, mildly intrigued Sil left a mental note about it and shoved it sideways. “Silic Vas. Looks like I’ll be the one keeping you guys flying, although I think you’ll find a hand is a different kettle of fish to a LAMIA, not to mention that it uses Nep parts.” he replied, releasing Ianna’s hand and taking Devonus’s, silently regretting having only one hand to shake with, it wasn’t everyday he shook hands with pretty young ladies, even if she did have hairy ears.

Ianna continued to probe Sil's mechanical hand "It's quite a bit simpler than a LAMIA, actually." She noted, popping the small piece back into place. She reassembled one of the fingers, and began moving it, it made a clicking noise and caught an several spots, and she clucked disappointedly at it "You've stripped the master gear on this finger. The rest are fine, but you'll need a replacement gear on this one." With that, the Neko put the tool back, and brushed her hands off, turning to the new man. "Ianna Lill" She introduced herself, bowing lightly and holding a hand out for a handshake. Devonus would notice she looked exactly like Tarrim-Juni, except green instead of blue.

"Konbanwa Lill-san," Devonus bowed in greeting to the neko, she was cute much like Tarrim-Juni.. Actually she looks very much like her, then again neko's do often share very similar characteristics. Still I'll be wary. He then accepted her hand and shook it.

He held onto her hand for little bit to long, looking into her eyes trying to judge her, he spaced out a little. His eyes had grown cold again, fixated on this rare specimen of a calm young neko, he could not help but try to see in her eyes what made her different.She was calm, quiet, and pretty, two of those traits extremely rare in a neko so young. He finally shrugged it off and turned to talk to Silic, he didn't even realize he was still holding her hand, he was so caught up in this neko and what made her different. I've met giddy shy neko's, young brash neko's, stuck up neko's, curious neko's, but never a neko so young who was so serious. Most neko's calm down after a few battles and seeing their sister torn to bits if they ever do calm down..

And yet even as he thought this he began to speak to Silic, poor Ianna's hand still in his. "All power armor pilots must know how to keep our armors running, and you must also remember that both nekos and Yamataians have completely artificial bodies." He shrugged. "Don't feel bad, i felt obsolete too when I immigrated from Neplesia, you'll get over it when you realize they have human flaws too."

Sil’s hand tightened, he quickly tucked it out of Devonus’s line of sight “Obsolete?” anger flaring briefly in his mind before dwindling down again. “Yeah, but if captains fixed ships they wouldn’t have time to yell at people.” he countered, his voice still calm, shrugging off the obsolete comment casually. He’d heard the like before, but one plus to being ‘just a nep’ is that people tended to underestimate them at the wrong moment. “Besides, they need something to keep me from making mischief .” he went on in a lighter tone, bringing his hand up and making a show of examining his nails, not that there was anything special about them, but he felt a degree of modesty as in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back