• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC D & D OOC

And then I'll be able to use my UTILITY WIZARD SUPER POWERSSSSSSSS to help. Derp.

And it makes me feel slightly less guilty about attacking it head on, with the fact that it zaps people even if they throw things.

It is not god powered, you guys just had difficulty because you were in worse shape than I thought you would be at this point.

Personally, I would've given up by now. Considering that none of us, or our combined efforts, has been able to put a dent on the thing other than dim it, I would've retreated.

I would've destroyed the mansion later or something. Taken down the foundations and stuff.

So does that mean I get to choose a new set of spells (but not use them)? I'm not very familiar with the rules on unconciousness.

As a wizard, as opposed to a sorcerer, you have to actually prepare your spells. So until you get up and have a spare hour, you're still out of spells.

Aendri is correct, since your body still underwent rest, you can prepare spells again, you just need an hour to "study your spellbook"

Awesome, now I have to wait. I suppose all the campaigns I've been in in the past sort of lampshaded that part. Probably because my friends were too busy punching ships in two. Still, handy little tidbit of knowledge to know for the future.

Nevaraon, Sorri stayed in that room to study. Re-read my last post. It covers time from Aurelus' thanking to his heading out after Talarin.

I hear you need a cleric, I have a hankering for running a "raise an army of the dead, do ultimately kinda good things with them" type of 'evil' (read: rebuking/commanding undead) cleric. Going by the book rules, only eeevil clerics rebuke/turn undead and messing around with dead bodies, defiling them for power, and raising them is considered an evil act there. Similarly, evil clerics have to prepare heal spells rather than spontaneously cast them, I'm fine with this and it's good to have something to fill those IDK slots with heal spells on the daily list.

I was thinking he spends his morning ritually carving the fingerbones of mortals (humans, orcs, elves, etc) with curses that he uses to hold his power over death and cast focus-based spells, burning the bones in the process.

Wondering if it would work and how you perceive metaphysical 'objective' evil versus purpose-based 'subjective' evil and if the concept would work for your game and not cause too much strife.

It's either that or I'd like to play a drow ninja with a bit of a quest and backstory.

I think Controlled mindless undead actually got moved up to being neutral in one of the editions. Don't know what they did with them in 4th though. Also you could go neutral or good alignment and take your spontaneous casting as heals and use your slots to prepare raise dead and such spells then sacrifice them for healing as you need it. Also Healing used to be classified as necromancy way back in the day.

Controlling, but not creating, last I recall creating was still evil, plus I specifically want to be able to rebuke/command undead rather than turn/destroy them.

Well, the rules of this universe's nations is ultimately what governs the 'evilness' of necromancy. In my pirates campaign, necromancy was ultimately an evil endeavor. I'm sure in other campaigns, there has been at least once where it remained on the 'good' end of the spectrum.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back