• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genesis [Episode 2] A Maiden's Voyage

"Yea, but I just hopes they actually even let us have booze on the ship - we don't know if she's a dry ship or not, yaknow?" Yoko pointed out as the elevator ascended. As the doors whisked open, the Geshrin strode out first and turned on her heel, briefly walking backwards to face them. "An they'd betta not take away ouwa cawfee - no shittin way am I drinking that pissy tea of theas," she added, before turning her back on the two men again as Yoko went back to walking normally.

"Theys can take away our booze, but they can neva take away oua cawfee!"

She clenched a fist at the imagined injustice.

"Nothin's stoppin' you from making your own coffee." Spencer suggested as he waltzed casually past her and into the mess where the others were gathered. He stepped ahead of whatever line was formed at the counter and leaned over it, intense eyes peering into the kitchen beyond and the various utensils arranged throughout.

Without looking to anyone in particular, he asked. "Is there beer?"

"Well, that was exciting..." Ben commented at the commotion caused by Tani, but he kept more or less quiet after that, until another group began entering the Mess.

"I'll have to take a rain check on that joke, looks like I gotta get to my job now" he apologized gruffly, making his way to the kitchen so that he could properly serve the newcomers.

Upon hearing the request, he pulled out a datapad and perused it for a moment before looking up at Yoko. "Ehh, Sorry, hun, but I can't give ya any right now. Regs say I can't give you any alcohol within an hour of a planned launch, or when you're on duty. So, considering we currently qualify for the former, the best I can do you is soda, or coffee."

'It's already stahted,' she thought, sighing

"I'll take a cawfee, bl - " Yoko paused and considered her choice. If they were going to loose their coffee too, she wanted to enjoy what may be one of her final cups. "Actually, can ya whip up a cappuchino?" the Geshrin asked.

Tanka_001 said:
“You guys want to hear a Crude joke?”

"Sure? Shoot?" Amethyst added before her eyes layed upon the small group entering the mess. There was the gruff fellow Nepleslian again... and a woman she hadn't really seen from up close just yet.

"Oh... Shinon, is that that girl you were talkin' about earlier?" Amethyst asked quitely as she awaited Tani's joke.

Shinon looked the way Amethyst was looking only to notice Yoko. "Oh yeah, that is Yoko. Want me to get her sit down with us?" She asked back. Though it might ended with Yoko joking about Shinon again.

Ben chuckled at Yoko's choice. He could tell, from the sighs and the woman's body language, that she was afraid they would be taking away her 'pleasures' of life. "Ya can have coffee all ya want, no worries." the cook assuaged, going and making a move to make the engineer's chosen beverage. "We just wanna make sure nobody's intoxicated when they're supposed to be doing a job, or during especially risky operations, like, Oh, Iunno, launching a ship for the first time. You fly around on starships for a few decades and you see your share of accidents. Not somethin' we need happening here in front of the Star Army and a Princess and all."

Handing Yoko her drink, Ben pointed off to the group he just left " I'm thinkin' they want you, get on over there and enjoy yourself," with that, he turned to the next person in line, and asked "What can I get ya?"

“Oil” Tani giggled at her own horrible joke, "Get it, Crude Oil." “Anyway,” Looking at Shinon, “I tried to get into the armory to look around at the weapons that are aboard the ship, and the computer wouldn’t let me in, who would I go to see about getting clearance to it.” She smiled at the thought of getting some range time on new and different weapons.

Having spent the duration of Yoko's order leering into the kitchen with squinted eyes, Spencer was thrown by the sudden address. He slowly turned his weathered head to Geiger and scowled.

"You talk like a child." He said derisively, "I don't want nothin'. I got work to do."

Then, as if guided by a mysterious force, he backed away for the first few steps before turning around and pushing the call button for the elevator. He pressed it again. Again.

"Who's holdin' up the god-damn elevator?!" He asked bitterly, before the doors slid open to reveal an empty car. Spencer let out a 'hmph' and walked into the car and out of the mess.

For now.

Shinon looked at Tani with certain expression of amazement. That was probably the worst joke she has ever heard. It could not really even be classified as joke. Poor neko seemed clueless to the fact though. Shinon mentally slapped herself and smiled appeared on her face. She tried for it to be natural, but it was hard anyway. She bet Amethyst would see right through her, Tani wouldn't have to though. Luckily Tani changed topic fast.

"Well Armoury access is a little problematic." She said to her subordinate. "Currently even I do not have access to it. Only XO and Captain have it now. I hope to get, but if Laraii-san will say no, I won't go over his head. About the equipment stores there, I am sure computer could give you a list."

"Huh, what's gotten inta him?" Yoko asked as Spencer stormed away.

The Geshrin took a sip of her velvety drink and nodded to the man who gave it to her. It seemed as though she were yet unnoticed, so she decided to merely listen and sip at her drink, savoring every drop. The engineer couldn't help but frown as Shinon spoke. "Aw geeze Shinon, you havin problems too huh? I can't do shit and fix the ship if the weapon stoaage down below's kept locked up," she spoke up, cutting into the conversation.

"We only gots access to the poawt side of the ship since we can only go through engineeain, yaknow?" She then scratched her cheek with her free hand. "So...who's that wicha? Can't quite rememba the name," Yoko shrugged with a hint of cocky embarrassment.

Rüd was being boring. He followed in silence, listened in silence, and then sat in silence- and alone. The Abwehran was watching the crew without any purpose but to pass the time. He skimmed right over Yoko; he'd seen and heard enough to what she was like. Otherwise he spent minutes doting on each shipmate, sizing them up, scrutinizing quirks or inherent faults, and mentally noting particularly pleasant or unpleasant socialization.

Boring.

Shinon looked to Yoko who came to the table. She gave her a smile and pointed to few free chairs. For some reason, even when Yoko did her best to annoy he every now and then, Shinon still liked her. She was funny and interesting. A welcome thing after living whole live in stuck-up Yamatai. Amethyst was like that too.

"Oh hi Yoko, please sit down with us. You too Mr. Rüd." She said, waving over the empty chairs. "These are Tani Mako, member of my infantry team and Origin uniform clad girl is Amethyst. You will most likely work together a lot with her Yoko." Shinon presented the others pointing first to young neko and then to nepleslian girl.

"And well yeah, the armoury thing is pretty annoying." She said then and shook her head in disbelief. "I hope XO will get me permanent access later. I am a damn infantry team leader, I would like to be able to equip my troops if needed. At least they let us keep our sidearms." She then added and frowned a little. Of course she did not carry her gun with her, but she had it in her room if needed.

Evelyn made it halfway back to her post before stopping. Things safely packed away, she had intended to return to the medical equipment before a new thought occurred to her: she was hungry as hell.

With a sigh, she queried Genesis for directions to the Mess, and also dictated a message to be delivered to the Doctor notifying him she would be away from her post for a little bit.

She made her entrance quietly and without event, a rarity that Evelyn cherished. She stood a few feet away from the group silently, waiting for a chance to interject and find out how to order some food.

"Oh, hey! How ya doin cherry?"

Despite sounding oh-so innocent, one couldn't help notice how Yoko included the 'r's in the word when she normally dropped them due to her accent. She took a sip of her frothy drink and flipped a chair about so its back faced the front before plopping herself right on down. "Yea, well, it's not a real deal like what we gots down in engineeain - we can only checks like, half da ship's engines an shit," She explained.

As she talked to the Yamataian, Yoko noticed that Rüd was sitting off and watching them all closely. Perhaps like a meal? She wasn't sure, but winked at him anyways. "It's a big problem, yaknow?" Yoko added to Shinon. Of course, Rüd wasn't the only one being standoffish either. 'Whats whit people today?' she asked herself mentally before waving Evelyn over.

'Lets see...what was her name again? Damn, too many new faces...' She then settled her eyes on Mako. "Ey, we meet yet?" Yoko asked curiously. Right then and there, the head engineer wanted to bring the palm of her hand to her face, but didn't show her desire in the slightest.

The vivid memory of the same girl tumbling out of the shuttle came to mind. 'Right, it's Clutz,' she thought to herself, nicknaming the girl.

Mako was nodding at Shinon’s comments about the armory; it did indeed seem awkward that the head of the infantry wouldn’t have access either. And more she thought about it more she grew unease by it. Hopefully though now that the commander of the ship was now on board maybe things might get sorted out.

She waved and smiled at Rud when he sat down, then went back to listening to Shinon, trying to not let her unease show. As Yoko sat down and started talking with Shinon, Mako started to take a drink of her green tea. Swallowing quickly, “Yes we have, Earlier in the Cargo Bay Ma'am," Mako smiled and nodded to Shinon, "it was when I was reporting to her."

"It is quite annoying," Shinon responded to Yoko. "Not to mention this all rule-bending. I am used to certain regulation and military style. Not that this is bad, it might be actually good idea, when we have civilian and military crew mixed together. I just hope this won't end as a disaster."

Spencer stood at the door of the armory with his datapad in hand. He looked over his shoulder into the halls beyond and peered to the area around him. Seeing that there was no one around, he approached the door to the armory and summoned a volumetric display with a quick swipe of his hand.

"I ain't been lookin' forward to this...Now, now, let's see what the tentacle-humpers are so desperate to hide from their own people." He said, with a hint of bile in his voice. "I just hope it ain't hard to catalog in the inventory so I can get the hell out of that blasted room quickly before any rubberneckers show up."

Spencer keyed in his access code and the official override code he'd received with his orders. It was like being the janitor, having the keys to every room and no authority to use any of the stuff inside. All the little sneaky people always wanted to get to know the janitor. Spencer sighed and stood tall in front of the door, waiting to dash in and let it slide shut as soon as it opened.

"Ah, right, right! I remember yous now!" She replied, snapping her fingers at the confirmation. It's Clutz, yea, its definitely her. At Shinon's remark however, Yoko couldn't help but snicker; the engineer-without-the-r turned to look at the other woman with a less-than-reputable expression on her face. She bit her lower lip with a large smile and put an arm over Shinon's shoulders to pull her up close and tight. "But the rule bending is the best paht! YaknowwhatImean?" she asked, next, turning to settle her eyes on Mako. "Wouldn't ya agree?"

One of Yoko's fingers traced lazy circles over Shinon's chest.

Shrugging at Shinon's statement, "Wouldn't know Ma'am, it isn't like I've been around long enough to ever worry about such things." She watched the engineer carefully, this was an most interesting person. "All I know is every time I run into some one of a greater rank I now have to fight the urge to bow to them. Not sure if I won't go insane from it all."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back