• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Fifth Fleet: The Unluckies

I've posted sorry for the delay. I got a question, are you guys picking up on Damien's dislike for military order? Idk if I'm doing it right or not.

Reynolds said:
I thought you'd already requested a set for us a while back? I'd been waiting to hear word on that.
He requested the chibis in the thread. You're supposed to request chibis on your own.

Sorry, sorry. I'm the old man again it looks like. Had more doggie medical things to deal with since I've been puttering back around. Good until next Friday on that now though so I'll have a post out in a jiff and stop keeping the plot all stiff.

Wes said:
Reynolds said:
I thought you'd already requested a set for us a while back? I'd been waiting to hear word on that.
He requested the chibis in the thread. You're supposed to request chibis on your own.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You want us to each ask individually? There seem to be several other instances of one person setting up art for multiple characters.

Since I already have one picture, I'm probably not going to ask for one of these unless we're all getting them.

You want us to each ask individually?
If a person can't even take the time to post a request, why should I spend $4-5 on buying them art? To me, it shows they don't care.

No one is trying to be needlessly contradictory or uncaring here Wes - just a bit confused. I believe a lot of us were under the impression that GM's requested the chibis on a blanket plot basis in order to streamline the process and be easily able to send them all off where they need to be when done.

And I don't know about it with everything else but there is certainly at least one set of them that sets that precedent as Fieke's picture came to me as a complete surprise (one that I still smile about every time I see it) when art was done/compiled for the crew of the Genesis.

If you want everyone to go by a player by player request system though that is fine and doable without a doubt and would certainly leave little room for misunderstanding.

For all of you who don't lurk in Kai's IRC and bother him at every opportunity you can there was a summit today and the Caddington and Kai have convened and confirmed information between GM and Co-GM.

What all that means is we have been super promised a post tomorrow and we should be actually getting it this time, huzzah!

On other subjects, anybody else think we should have a Pisces style non-mission thread for some casual character interaction that wouldn't need direction from higher up to play around in?

Ah, cool!

As for the idea of a character interaction thread: I think it'd have some merit, yeah, especially since I imagine that at least some of the most significant interactions between characters would take place off the battlefield. On the other hand, I'm kind of worried that I'd forget to post in it.

Just letting you guys know, for this chapter, Sif is more or less in charge of you guys- I will be focusing on portraying your enemies, so my posts won't come immediately after Cadette's.

I just wanted to make Anzu talk like she's from Earth Defense Force for a bit there...if her chanting "S-A-Y, S-A-Y!" in my next post is too much, let me know! Heh heh.

I was trying to think of some way to work a "still looks better than Old Detroit" joke in there, but it didn't quite fit. The ant farm will have to do for now.

Works for me, Reynolds! ;)

By the way, I think it's kind of nice how Anzu's trying to help out her junior and lighten the mood. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I think that Aya and Anzu will become firm friends.

We'll see if it works out! That's about how I tried to write her...liked by her peers, doesn't get along with the officers. Isn't yet so incredible at her job that she can escape backlash for her attitude.

I'm currently left a little confused at the moment - I could have sworn we were supposed to have started killing you all by now. Actually, a few days ago even, but that's...not the case? Once I figure this out, I'll post today regardless.

Ok, got the ball rolling, though I took longer than I wanted to.

After finding the movement was a rag, our group is a little bit in disarray after the initial tension wore off. Looking 'down' the street at where the enemy generally is, Fieke is the forward-most, and is currently pinned down behind a car in one of the centermost lanes as the Ripper is firing on it with one of the forearm guns. Anzu and Aya are the furthest 'back' and have taken cover behind the upturned semi-truck's trailer to the 'left', which is taking up half the road where they're at due to how its diagonally laying. Meanwhile, Damien dashed to the 'right' of the street and into a store.

The enemy Ripper is advancing down the street and bearing down on Fieke, while the Reapers have divided themselves. One is in a storefront to the 'left' while another is hiding behind an upturned truck to the right - something like a...Chevy Silverado or something. Not another 18-wheeler.

Of course, there's implications to this current positioning, but the biggest one I'll point out is that since they're now pushed back behind the Semi-Truck, Aya and Anzu can't get a line of sight on the Ripper and Reaper to the left without being exposed to the Reaper to the 'right' which is behind the truck. Meanwhile, Damien can only see the Ripper and Reaper to the 'left' but if he were to aim for the Reaper - he can't see the Reaper on the same side of the street as he is.

Good luck!

Ok, sorry about that guys; I had several things on my table and got frazzled. As a result, I rushed a post out forgetting about the schedule, and ended up autoing your characters too much as well. Because of this, I took the post down - Kai should be posting tomorrow, and we'll be sticking to the schedule of Wednesday and Saturday.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back