• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Fort Ready Discussion Thread

And just in case it wasn't clear, you guys are to go post for orders again now that you're done with here. You get to move on to one of the more permanent plots now.

Yeah, thanks Gabriel and Aendri for the game and introduction. I cannot imagine how lost I would have been if I had just jumped into another plot without Fort Ready to teach me the ropes.

Now I'll go look for some orders and hopefully I won't embarrass my instructors too much~

I was rereading Yui's graduation post and I noticed a few errors. They've been corrected now, so feel free to see the updated version that makes sense!

Those of you who didn't already have orders, now have orders, so go reply, and I'll have a post up by this evening at the latest.

Sorry I haven't been able to post yet, the last two days have been super-busy. Missing posted assuming there was nobody else, so now I'm kind of confused as to what to do. I don't have time to post today, but I should tomorrow.

Hi, how's everyone doing? Just signed on for a tour here, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Neal, username qsx1, and I'll be playing the role of Suigin Jairen.

Just wondering how I should insert my character, since it appears the bus has already left the landing area. Should I just wait until everyone gets to the fort, and have him show up there? Or maybe he already arrived, and I'll have him getting settled in when everyone else shows up.

Advice is always welcome, and I look forward to having a good time with all.

Just jump in on the bus. These four aren't the only people on the bus, so you can just have been quiet until now.

qsx1, Please note that we don't want people autoing each other's characters without permission. Now I know what you wrote was just minor, but keep that in mind for the future- let the other players play their characters and react as the players want.

You can post you doing something or trying to do something but not the other character's reaction, got it?

My bad, I'll try to avoid doing it in the future. I have to remember this isn't an IFF, where temporary hijacking of characters happens frequently. It just seemed like a logical progression that after falling on the floor, she'd brush the dirt off so she wouldn't look messy when we got to the fort. I apologize to Jimmy if I overstepped my bounds.

Just to clarify, that is the action you were referring to, right? I would assume that holding someone's 'uncertain gaze' doesn't count as an action per se, but rather a distinct period of inaction which allows the other poster a reaction. If it does, though, I will refrain from using them in future posts. Thank you for your info on this matter.

all of that counts- the brushing, the gaze, they are all things that the character might not do, as easily as they might do.

Like I said, it's minor right now, but the point of Fort ready is to help ease people in the RP, and so we can notice little things like this before they can become a problem.

If you've any other questions about our generally accepted RP conduct, feel free to ask Aendri or myself.

Aendri: I moved that old Class 4 Signup Thread into the archives since it was just taking up space now.

He pulled up next to the instructor who was waiting there, and opened the doors, tilting his head back enough to yell, "We're here, now get off my bus. Go annoy someone else."

That one. :mrgreen:

Hey everyone.

Just letting you know that Krissi's had problems with her connection and was only able to get in contact with Aendri yesterday. We've been hoping for a post since then, but we may have to wait until it's fixed. I'd like to say it won't take long and mean it, but public infrastructure here is not known for keeping a schedule.

Hopefully by today or tomorrow it will all be working, so please be patient just a little longer.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back