• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Honeybear don't care

Frank chuckled at Sanda's response. "Ill refer to you as your star army rank, when you have less of a stick up your butt or Dont fuck up a mission and get a lot of people dead or wounded like on the machine moon or the machine ship. Mabie start using your ranger training and less of your bravado like you got somthing to prove." Frank stated a bit bitterly. Frank would play the part as a attendee of the party while keeping a eye on the chairman. before keying his coms again. "From what I hear you might finally get that promotion you wanted too funny how those things tend to happen, But what's the old saying, Good soldiers fallow orders right? It was a nice chat Sanda but we have jobs to do so try not fuck it up." Frank stated parroting the phrase that Mikhail ushered to them before the mission started.

Last edited:
"Both of you knock it off before I break my size eight boot off in someone's ass. I rather like having two legs." Aliset brushed past Sanda and Frank. "You ruin my date night, it's not gonna be a pissed off Separa you have to worry about. Now then. Let's go dancing."

Sacre shifted, she wasn't comfortable with the plan that her girlfriend had been told to do. The resistance hadn't seemed like it was the type to kidnap random xenos. However, orders were orders and she had taken the same oath that Sacre had. She took a breath, "Keep on task everyone. We have a mission to do here, we are security for this group of overpaid, overweight, under appreciative civilians. Some of us are concealed, some aren't, but we all have a job to do. I know it's hard for you, but try not to be incompetent." Sacre said, taking Aliset's hand and moving towards the center of the crowd.

Aboard The Space Station

Zanven arrived at the landing pad for the party as everyone seemed to be heading towards the center stage for the big event. After the touchdown, he heard the unfastening of the safety belts as he opened the doors for the attendees to exit his shuttle. One by one they left and continued talking, but Sanda came up behind him as he was unbuckling and placing various systems into rest, she told him that if anything went wrong that she would prefer to have his assured service and then gave him a code word: Maximus and he already memorized it as she then gave him a pat on the shoulder before stepping out. "Enjoy the party Sanda, I have your back...do not worry." He said with that sly smirk of his.

Once they were off, he made sure everything was running at low power before exiting the shuttle himself. He straightened his uniform and looked at the scene as he patched into the comms for the squad. "Alright everyone, Brax here...enjoy the party and as we were told...keep your eyes peeled. I am going to stay with the shuttle and keep an eye on everything out here. The last thing we want is a compromised ride if things head south, if things DO happen though, ping me and I will be on-site faster than you can draw your weapons." He said as he stepped back into the shuttle, a few compartments in the back area had some gear stashed away for...contingency purposes. Everything checked out and he hung around the landing zone, looking at various shuttles as they came in for I.D. showing he was taking this very seriously, quickly melding in as a member of security.

Last edited:
"Welcome to tonight's event. We have arranged a number of traditional Kodian Games to take place before the ceremony proper and encourage all of our guests to take part if they so wish. The first game is shield wall, a traditional Kodian game that is inspired by the shield walls of Kodian Antiquity. It is a team-based sport with teams of players using shields and padded weapons to try to push their opponents out of a designated area.

The teams are made up of players of various sizes and strengths, with each player carrying a large wooden shield and a padded weapon, such as a sword or mace. The shields are typically made of wood and are painted with the colors and symbols of the team. The weapons are also padded to prevent injuries during the game.

The rules of the shield wall are simple, but intense. Each team starts on opposite sides of the field, with the objective being to push the opposing team out of the designated area. Players can only push with their shields and can not use their weapons to strike their opponents body, only their shield and weapon. Any player who loses their shield or weapon must retire from the game. The team that successfully pushes all of the opposing players out of the designated area is declared the winner."

Large cases of shields and padded weapons were carried to the area encircled by the dining area as attendees gathered to watch and participate. Chairman Koda himself, one of the first to begin equiping himself. As others saw this, members of the AXL quickly moved to join as well......

Anslen

Anslen Volontany stood near Koda, he had a couple of Separa'Shan who were acting as his personal security and other assistants, but they faded into the background. He looked at the shields and weapons. He was dressed in what would be expected for a Yamataian businessperson. He had seen the game played before, and an idea struck him. He took off his jacket and handed it to one of his aides. "Hold this for me if you would Naja."

The younger Separa'Shan looked up at Anslen. "What are you doing sir?" She asked.

Anslen handed her his tie. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm joining in." He said moving beside Koda and picking up a shield and weapon. "I've never played this game before, but it looks like fun." He said to the Kodian Chairman as he put on a helmet.

Aliset looked to the game and gave Sacre a wide grin, whipping off her shawl to flare the glittering cloth until it settled on her arm as she pulled Sacre towards the cases of weapons and shields. "I'm going to go play, do you want to come? This looks amazing!"

Itami

Once they were off the ship, Itami made his way away from all the posturing that Frank, now labeled the pompous jackass, had been doing. First with the insulting of 77, then the goading of Sanda. He could already tell that this man was going to be a source of contention and constant disrespect. If this Task Force was going to work, they didn't need someone like him within their ranks. Either way, Itami stepped away from the group to take his own look at the surrounding areas and look for any possible chinks in the armor of the security.

A metallic chuckling could be heard coming from the helmet's voice modulator, as Frank tried to make himself look tough by showing of the rotary gun in his arm. Why was it it that some people felt that they had to show off and posture, it was just sad. 77 didn't show off, he just did the jobs he was paid for, it was as simple as that. As the others left the shuttle, 77 would remain as he was going to be part of the RRT.

Sacre glanced towards the game, it sounded like it might be fun. However, it also felt like a distraction. They weren't there to play a silly game. Even if their VIP was getting into it. "I need to check the perimeter. If you want to join the game, stick by the VIP and make sure they don't get hurt, despite what appears to be their best attempts."

After a few minutes of looking around and helping out, it was easily seen that if issues were going to arise, they would be at the actual party. He sighed before patching a message over to Sanda as he was curious about what was going on up at the stage and party area. "Everything is clear at the shuttles and it seems to me that nearly all of the guests have arrived. How are things looking up there, need a hand?" He said as he continued to walk around, nearing the edge of the party as he would glad-hand and help funnel people to the activity that was starting to take shape.

Party

Sanda's fists tightened as Frank mouthed off to her. She took a step towards him when the Senti stepped in between them. Sanda scowled the Senti woman. She still hadn't figured out who the hell she was but she was starting to get on Sanda's nerves. Before she could say anything, Frank, in typical fashion, had walked away. That was the Frank Sanda remembered. Try and correct him and he bit your head off and walked off before you could say anything else. She was quite glad he had left the Resurgence.

A few minuets later when Frank got on the coms to continue running his mouth Sanda just muted him. She was seething and needed to calm down before she completely lost it. The drinks bar called her name and she went and ordered a drink, which she downed in one gulp. The burning liquid gave her a jolt and helped bring her back to the task at hand.

Sanda moved around the room. Quickly, but not obvious. Within 10 mins she had identified every exit and vent leading into or out of the room. She took note of which doors the staff used to bring out more food or drink. She even talked down a short way through every exit to see what was connected to it. The Ranger did a second lap around the room, seeing at what angle was there clean lines of fire and what had decorations or tables blocking them. Finally she did a third lap where her cybernetic eye ran multiple scans. Infrared, heat and even x-ray. This way she was able to see who might be hiding something behind volumetrics and who had other weapons hidden on their persons.

On her fourth lap the game was announced. Sanda was temped to join in. She felt the need to let off some steam but to her it seemed like the perfect distraction. Instead she watched those who were not playing, or even looking like they were interested in what was going on. It was then she noticed Itami making rounds, seeming to be doing just what she was doing. She moved along to a path where they would intersect. When she was up close, her impression that he was also a Ranger was strengthened. Just the way he moved and what he was focusing his attention on. She nodded to the man as they closed in. She was about to speak when she got a message from Zanven.

"Things seem peaceful enough at the moment. Come join the party. If something goes down it'll most likely happen here." She replied to Zanven.

Frank Sighed and joined the chairman. taking off the white suit jacket he would don a shield and sword and 'play along' But if worst came to worse he has enough ammo to go along with whatever the enemies did. his internal HUD in his eyes turned off strength enhancement augs so as not to damage other people when he shield charges. turning off pain sensors he put on the helmet and walked up beside the chairman. ready to fallow his lead.

Zanven received the message from Sanda and he would smirk and tapped the device against his hand a few times before he went to the bar and ordered two drinks; One scotch on the rocks and a glass of whiskey...he looked at the brands but noticed they were all top shelf so he did not put much attention to it as he pointed at two bottles and had them poured. Once he had them, he paid the bartender before walking out to find Sanda, soon walking up beside her... seeing her body language was a little tense he tapped her hand with the whiskey glass and handed it to her.

"Well now, if I remember correctly, and hearing the conversation from the shuttle along with your tense stance. Seems like you and Franky boy are at odds...what gives if you don't mind me asking Heisho?" He would say before taking a drink and watching as the AXL took up their ceremonial arms for the game and with a glance, he could easily identify the other members of the Task Force at various points.

"Alright, alright," Aliset stole a kiss before letting Sacre go do her thing. "Have fun. Be safe. I'll come meet up after I'm done ruining this luxurious dress."

As she stepped up to the crates, she dropped her shawl on a nearby bench, selecting a helm and arms in her size, noting how her small size and four hundred pound mass would provide a striking advantage in inertia alone. The stiletto boots would mess with her balance, some, but she could manage. Still, she slipped past Senator Volontany with a soft smile, hoping he didn't notice how her perfume failed to hide the scent of her lover.

Still, she decided to claim the symbol of some of the AXF players, placing herself as one of the few xenos on that team and maintaining a fun and friendly game, rather than allowing this to become a political maneuver, or being able to call out if someone decided to play games she didn't like.

Last edited:
Itami

Games were all well and good, however if the entirety of TF Piglet, dropped their guard and took part in the games, that would make an optimum time for something to happen. To reassure himself he ran a hand unconsciously along his sleeve, feeling the reassuring weight of the blades hidden there.

Catching sight of Sanda and her nod to him, he nodded back in return and with his head motioned towards the rafters. As a sniper this would be an optimum point for the insurgents to watch and cause havoc from. He kept to his pattern of walking around unobtrusively, taking note of many of the same things as Sanda. Things could go bad very quickly, if the TF wasn't able to work together as a team.

77 remained on the shuttle as, due to the fact that he was a walking set of armor, he would stick out like a sore thumb. His comm unit was on and if anything were to happen he would be quick to react.

Anslen's tounge flicked out detecting a memory of something he couldn't quite identify in the air, like someone might be related to him. There was a moment of curiosity about who it might be here. He noticed the Senti who was next to him, "So you want to get in on the game too?" The tall slim Speara'Shan asked her.

Kodian Orbital Shipyards
Gashmeres Hammer Docking Berth

Mercenaries.

Sassa didn’t hide the disdain from showing across her features as the contractor mouthed off towards the Ranger. It was his exact lack of discipline and restraint that confirmed her initial perception of mercenaries as correct, to such an extent that she almost wasn’t surprised.

He fit the stereotype perfectly, or so she believed.

Once the shuttle landed, Sassa scanned the hangar and dock areas, taking in the raised stage, the music area, and the dining space. Then, she sent a enrypted wireless transmission to the others in the group, informing them that she was going to start with the dining area. That to her seemed like the easiest place to hide a group of assassins, saboteurs, or poisoners. A knife used to cut fish could also be used to cut bear.

Playing the part of the curious, peppy Nekovalkyrja, Sassa made her way to the culinary area, where a brown-furred chef had started teaching a small group of foreigners how to prepare fish according to the principles of Kodian cuisine. The chef saw her approach and pointed towards a free cutting board, but he didn’t break his flow of words as he explained the basics of Kodian fish preparation, along with its most notable regional and cultural variations. Sassa offered him a grateful smile as she took up a cutting knife, but she made sure to scan the cooks working the event while listening, yellow eyes primed to seek out signs of a concealed weapon, any signs of spiked drinks, and possibly, anything that seemed out of place in a kitchen.

Last edited:
A message indicator appeared on Franks comms unit. It was a short ranged, heavily encrypted packet.

"Ensure the AXL shuttle in the shuttle bay has an accident shortly after leaving the station."

-K

RPG-D RPGfix
Back