• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC (Independent) ISS Sobek plot-ship

That's possible. Or, there's the funnier version where whenever anyone asks the three of them how they met, they all replay with some variation of 'we don't talk about that' and you can just focus on getting the plot up and running...

Sure. My rough plan at the moment is that Dom needs to acquire some weaponry. The wrong type of person learns that he is looking to buy, so he must have money to spend, so a bunch of bullies come to part him from his possessions. Unfortunately for them, they intercept him AFTER her arms himself. A bit of a barney ensues and at some point, Dom has to dive for cover. I can almost imagine him finding Sobek characters taking cover from the gunfire. "Mornin' folks. Apologies for the ruckus, but the fine upstanding gents o'er yonder have taken a strange notion that I was going to give them all my stuff for the asking. Shocking, I know. Now I do hate to be rude, but someone has to educate these yahoos. Ladies, a pleasure!" *tips his cowboy hat, takes a breath and vaults from cover, shotgun a'blazing.* Presumably they help, end up talking and he gets a job.

LOL I can see it now

The anthro bunny firing from cover with her stun pistol, the human doing a full-on charge Katana drawn, and slug thrower pistol barking at them in her other hand. And if someone attempts to sneak up behind Nikicon, she can spray them full-on in the face with the Fox mace she carries.

Currently only weapons Mileena has is in her implants, and the knife in the survival kit, so she could easily use them to say hello to the bad guys, and talk after.

Yeah, we'll definitely write it up later. Maybe before a return trip to Sood Zadra so we can do it as a flashback style thing?

Hey Damaske.

Sorry if it's been like I've been ghosting you a bit with this whole Sobek thing- I was waiting on certain Sood Zadra situations to resolve themselves, then a bunch of stuff happened in real life, and I kinda just thought you started without me, to be honest...

Could just join, and get one of the other Silanbar characters wikified, at this point, though.

Is that alright with you? Any areas of crew expertise that really need filling?

From what I can see on the crew page, we have

1. 3 cargo handlers (1 cargo Master)
  2. 2 tactical
  3. 4 engineers (Zeck hadn’t had their struct updated yet)
  4. 1 small craft pilot.

what I think we could use more of, and Damaske can disagree if they want to

1. Medics. (we currently don’t have any medic characters)
  2. Sensors and communications (no characters)
The only reason that Mileena has small craft piloting is I need a way for her to get here, which she did in her Guppy. Which I have linked to the page.

Sorry i just wanted to note this here.

We also don't have a paymaster/clerk who are usually a big role on cargo vessels (someone has to do all the paperwork and keep the meticulous records). Is there a cook? Maybe we could get a long-term paying passenger or two, or maybe some one who does odd jobs in return for transport.

Well, Dom is kinda ready to go all Dad-mode and semi-adopt a bunch of young'uns with daddy issues? Hopefully he doesn't get saddled with doing all the paperwork - I know there's a heck of a lot involved with the logistics of cargo transport, including stuff like licenses, shipping records, staff certifications, safety records etc etc

Hey Damaske.

Sorry if it's been like I've been ghosting you a bit with this whole Sobek thing- I was waiting on certain Sood Zadra situations to resolve themselves, then a bunch of stuff happened in real life, and I kinda just thought you started without me, to be honest...

Could just join, and get one of the other Silanbar characters wikified, at this point, though.

Is that alright with you? Any areas of crew expertise that really need filling?
Hey that is fine with me life happened and the Sood Zadra was holding me up as I was hoping for it to close up quickly so I started this then it stalled hard. I do remember that you were not thinking of having Kotema sticking around with the Sobek, and I don't remember the plan for the other Silnbar we found in the parts ship we flew crashed next to the Sobek at the starport.

I am really looking for Sensors, medical, cook, and maybe a second help with operations and accounting as I was going to have Lenna do that as Captain.

From what I can see on the crew page, we have

1. 3 cargo handlers (1 cargo Master)
  2. 2 tactical
  3. 4 engineers (Zeck hadn’t had their struct updated yet)
  4. 1 small craft pilot.

what I think we could use more of, and Damaske can disagree if they want to

1. Medics. (we currently don’t have any medic characters)
  2. Sensors and communications (no characters)
The only reason that Mileena has small craft piloting is I need a way for her to get here, which she did in her Guppy. Which I have linked to the page.

Sorry i just wanted to note this here.

Thanks, you beat me to most of what I was looking for, was distracted by an old friend and we played games and were catching up, even missed the meeting in Discord (which I am very upset about, but that is another story)

We also don't have a paymaster/clerk who are usually a big role on cargo vessels (someone has to do all the paperwork and keep the meticulous records). Is there a cook? Maybe we could get a long-term paying passenger or two, or maybe some one who does odd jobs in return for transport.
The paymaster and clerk I was thinking of Lenna or Nikicon kind of filling in those roles, but if someone wants to do them and take some of the load of me the GM that would be wonderful! As for the long-term stowaway/fugitive, I mean paying passengers that "could" be interesting.

According to my notes from talking to Yuuki long ago, Soon did assign the following to the ship also:
  • Koloon Bardoon: Communications and Navigation
  • Sodoon Bardoon: Navigation and Communications
  • A bunch of surly, unmotivated NMX Nekos
  • A Graxlat tech
  • A L'kor or two that does/do something Maybe the cook
  • Some Elefirn
As far as Koloon and Sodoon, I am not sure they are going to be with us, as with Yohgiro the Player Engineer from the open rp, Remy was listed as operations, accounting, missions control, and vendor but not sure if they are going to be with us here, BUT they are welcome to pop in and out as needed for getting Soon the parts they she was selling in the open rp.

Also If someone wishes to make NPCs from the list above, or any other random NPC, please feel free to make em and send em to me and I'll introduce them as they are finished.

Last edited:
Hey, All this is a reminder to get in your posts for the week, Its Sunday and only one has posted back. Is once a week too fast of a posting time for everyone? I would like to keep a fast pace for the times to post, but if someone is unable to I would hate to pass them up and need to play catch up.

Also, what are your thoughts on a JP night like Wes is doing for his plot The YSS Resurgence?

As was stated on Discord, it's a good idea, but hard to get everyone in the same place.

I don't think there is anything wrong with just having multiple side-RPs, though.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back