• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 1.1] A little training Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eun-Kyung was stopped short of speaking again, the second time in less than a minute. She’d been given command of shuttles and other small craft before during training exercises, even the command of warships during simulations, but this, quite obviously, was something rather different. “I… Thank you, ma’am,” she managed to get out as the Captain rose. Unsure whether to take the seat yet or not, she spent a moment nearly twitching with tension. “Ma’am, do you wish me to take the seat now?”

Katae smiled, "Well Kim-Shoi Kohosei that is the traditional place from which to command the bridge. It is probably best that you take the center seat. Some midshipmen have been known to hyperventilate or in some cases forget to breath and faint. I would prefer that you do neither. When we get underway I will observe bridge operation by standing behind you or sitting at the Mission Control station."

-------------------------------------------------------

Preparing simulation Tsukiki-Hei, Eternity answered, You will be piloting a simulation of the Aeon through an asteroid field while persuing a fleeing vessel. Objectives, disable or destroy the vessel, keep from smashing the Aeon to expanding debris.... Simulation ready, difficulty level 1. Beginning simulation.

With no other warning Alia suddenly "saw" the fleeing ship, and the asteroids around the Sim-Aeon. Of course she wasn't seeing through her eyes, which were still seeing the real bridge of the real Aeon. She was seeing Through the Sim-Aeon's sensors.

She felt the warmth of the thrusters, and the aura of the Combined Field drive as if it were a part of her being. She was almost lost to the feeling when klaxons went off inside her head that signaled a imminent collision. Pulling herself together she ended the rapture by maneuvering the ship up and around the asteroid.
Sorry Eternity, that won't happen again.

It was an interesting thing having the same cabin as the SSS liaison. Toranaga chalked it up as opportunity to learn more about the new organization and he purposely sought the opportunity. Perhaps in the future he might join the SSS but for the moment he needed to unpack his things and hurry to the power armor bay. When he finished stowing his items away, most of which consisted of old documents and booklets, he hurriedly made his way to the power armor bay.

Toranaga entered the power armor bay just in time to witness Haruhi-Juni dressing down the other Santô Hei. He resisted the urge to cringe- the Juni’s actions were clearly exaggerated for effect. Making his way to a corner of the bay he observed as the energetic Juni moved on to two others, her interaction with them no less intense. A tangible feeling of dread tugged on him as he waited for her to finish with the pair.

Tsukiki-Hei, I would suggest that you close your eyes to reduce sensory conflict. Eternity offered.

Asi followed Hoshi up out o the bay, not at all dissatisfied to be leaving Haruhi's criticisms behind. "Im'inao Asine. What's your job here on the ship?"

"I'm a trained Corpsmen... But I'll be an Infantryman as long as that new autonomous equipment doesn't fail." Hoshi looked around.

"I just remembered... I have to go fix things up in my cabin, and then check out that equipment before we roll out." Hoshi began walking.

"Sorry... I'll catch you later, Asine-Hei!"

A little down the corridor, he contacted Eternity.
"Eternity, can you give me the route to the autonomous Medi-Bay from Cabin Nine? Along with the manuals for that equipment?"

Certainly Yukimura-Santô Hei. You are currently passing the Medbay at this moment. Your cabin is forward and up one level. So your path would be just a reverse of that. Ise-Taii has already authorized you access to the crew medical records, material, and the manuals for the AMTC equipment. Eternity responded.

"Thank you, Eternity."

With a little maneuvering, Hoshi found himself at his Cabin. Going inside, he began quickly organizing his things. Once finished, he headed straight back to the Medi-Bay to review the equipment and their manuals.

He laughed about half-way back to the Medi-Bay. I'm still studying, even here...

Haruhi watched the others rack their armours and climb out for a few moments – with a nod in return to Eun-Kyung as she departed – before a ping from Eternity informed her she had yet another Santô Hei to get fitted. “Tch.” She had hoped that she had already taken care of them all and that she could get her own Mindy together in relative peace, but now time was getting short.

“Late!” she barked, her displeasure evident in her voice. “The Taii gave us half an hour, not half a day, so what the hell do you think you were doing hiding in the corner?” Haruhi didn't bother waiting for a reply. “Now get over to your Mindy,” her arm snapped around and locked onto the bigger of the two armours that remained out, “and prep it for inspection like you should have done five minutes ago!”

Haruhi wasn't going to wait for the lone latecomer to finish before doing her own Mindy, so as soon as she finished speaking the short Neko turned on her heel and strode over to her own armour where she quickly broke down the packaged accessories then checked and stowed them according to her preferences in an efficient, practised manner. She then checked the suit over by hand, running an eye over the suit and confirming each part and system that was different to the older 2A.

The Juni followed her checks up with the diagnostic unit while she waited for the Santô Hei to get his act together and finish readying his own unit, repeating once more the checks she had used twice already on the armours of others. This time though she went a bit deeper and tweaked some of the settings now that she knew she would change later anyway to suit her own quirks rather than leave it for later.

It didn't taken long to complete all this and soon Haruhi straightened up and stood beside her Mindy arms crossed over her chest as she silently waited for the Santô Hei to finish.

Alia defocused enough from the simulation to close her eyelids and then delved once more into the surrealism of the sim. She had done tons of sim flights with many classes of ships but it felt different being on the ship you were performing the simulation of.

Currently she was flying at a low speed trying to stay a step ahead of the oncoming asteroids and trying to reach weapon range of the fleeing ship. She liked the thrill of the hunt, she couldn't wait for a real one.

"No problem, I understand." Asine watched as Hoshi left, then thought about it, and headed for his own cabin. Thinking about it, he decided to find something to do, assuming he had nothing he had been ordered to do at least. Before he got to his room, he sent a quick query to Eternity. Eternity, now that I have finished with the Power Armor deal, how much time do I have before we're supposed to be at stations? And more to the point, what would my assigned station be for this training?

Hello Im'inao-Santô Hei, if you wish to avoid the wrath of the Ise-Taii, it would be prudent to use some of this time to get to medical and make your mental backup. Infantry members aboard ship fall under the Master At Arms and provide ship security during alerts, and also perform damage control as needed. I am sure that Haruhi-Santô Juni will arrange for training on those matters.

However, I am not at liberty to divulge details about the training mission. I can inform you that it will not take place aboard the Aeon. It will be an away team mission. Eternity
replied.

He blinked a little. How had he forgotten that? Thank you Eternity. Looks like I'll be seeing Yukimura-Hei sooner than either of us thought. He turned around, and headed back to the recently passed med-bay. He'd been so close to his quarters. Oh well. Once he arrived there, he knocked lightly on the door frame before entering.

Hoshi was inside, sitting on a spare seat while reading through one of the manuals. "Hello, Asine-Hei." He called.
"I was just about to get myself a mental back-up -- Do you need something?"

"Actually, that's exactly why I'm here. Eternity said that Ise-Taii would most likely prefer us to back-up as soon as possible, so I figured I'd get it done now." He shrugged. "I can wait until you're done though."

Hisa nodded to Taikai when she entered engineering. "Sum'ishi-Santô Hei bring the drives up so that we will be ready to depart when the Taii gives the order. Also initiate a full diagnostic of the starboard STL engine, it was damaged during the last battle and I want to be sure it is operating normally. I'll go ahead and run the weapon systems through diagnostics and warm up." She watched Taikai make her way to the drive console, while she moved to the weapon systems station.

Alia was good pilot, but evidently the sim-pilot was better. No matter how hard she tried she could not get close enough for a weapon's lock. She weaved around the asteroids and gunned her engines to the maximum safety limits but the other ship always stayed one step ahead.

It took her a moment, while still weaving and accelerating, to think of an out of the box idea.
Eternity, can you help me plot a jump that would keep our momentum? I think the best option will be to jump right beside him. I know it will be a difficult if not impossible jump due to the asteroids, but it's the only thing I can think of that will catch us up to him.

"Eh..." Hoshi stood, looking at the equipment. "Very well, Asine-Hei."
The Mental Back-Up unit is still the same, really. He thought, heading over to the device.

"Eternity, are you running the AMTC here?" He asked, just as much so Asine could hear it as to get an answer. "If so, could you start up the Back-Up Unit for me?"

Tsukiki-Hei a hypespace jump of such a short duration under these conditions is definitely a bad move. We would probably take the target out in the ensuring explosion. Given the way the target is altering course we can not safely make a jump and even be sure they will be there.

Perhaps a better course of action would be to force the enemy to move to where you want them. By targeting the asteroids near them and force them to make a course correction advantagous to you. Eternity
offered.

----------------------------------------------------
"Yukimura-Hei, the AMTC is not under my direct control." Eterinity replied through the medbay speakers.

The ABMU Dokuta powered up and its synthesized voice spoke. "Mental Backup requested, dispatching available Na-su. Please wait and the Na-su will be with you momentarily."

The ANU (Na-su) switched on and silently moved from its storage position to the control panel of the memory backup unit. Once in position the robotic arms started working the console for the backup. "Good day, I am the Na-su. I will be overseeing your backup. Please stand by, while I initiate the mental backup. You have the option to be sedated during the process. If you wish to be sedated please say 'Sedation Requested.' when the Synaptic Interface Unit lowers into position. Thank you." The equipment started to hum and the SIU moved over Hoshi. "Preparing for initial scan of subject." Came from the backup unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back