• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate [Mission 1.1] Whom fortune favors - Recon

Memi stepped up, as you brought up his rifle. He was frightful of the odd, he was sure that death was riding on the shoulder of the mech.

He really didn't know where the guts were coming from. It surprised him, though he took a few moments to set the stako to record and download video from ask the others. His black box would tell the story.

Keyul smiled listening to his team mates, and while Memi had not said anything. The Kynlumu'a positioned his Stako and brought his weapon to bear with none of the lurching that he had been earlier. Of the four of them his was the most heavily armed Stako. That meant he would have to provide additional firepower to protect his team mates, and if necessary make himself the bigger target. While he waited for the enemy to appear he recited the litany of focus.

Looking down the passageway he saw what indistinct shapes in the gloom, then a mass of the crab like defilers charged into the light. He fired his fusion cannons into the group, and brought up his forearm coil weapons.

From the passages that Murr and La'tâ a similar mass of Defilers surged forward. So far only the passage they had come from was clear.

While Murr waited, she set up a quick responce code that would transmitt to all of her team mates to fall back when she gave the signal to do so. She opened up with her stako plasma cannon when they got in range, bringing fiery destructions upon the Defilers in her corridor of responcibilty. Watching them get closer and closer to the designated place for her to trigger the explosives she had set with a few seconds delay to allow the team get clear of the junction into the south corridor to avoid the mealstrom of shrapnel that would also grind into the Mech's Armor.

In the brief cool down periods of her Stako Plasma cannon, She fired quick 3-rounds burst of well aimed fire of her rifle that she brought with her. Dropping the empty magazines when it came time to reload the rifle adding to the debri that would become lethal during the chaos of the explosion.

Message 1A: Fall back into the south corridor we just came from. At least 5-10 meters to avoid the richocheing debri that may bleed into the south corridor where we are at.

Last edited:
La'tâ had readied herself for the approaching defilers and looked down the pathway at them. The mouth of her Goa'ismâ Stako opened to reveal the phased plasma canon which shot out a burst of three shots in rapid succession, letting out a sound that could almost be considered the machine's 'roar'. The three blast were aimed at those in front. She wanted to kill them but also have them block the path a little to slow the rest down. She kept her rifle at the ready and fired at those that were getting to far away from the rest of the pack to keep them grouped up. Receiving the command to retreat she did begin to fall back to the south, but keeping her eye on the corridor.

Junction

Keyul looked at Murr's message. He understood her concern for the team, but he knew that if they gave up the junction the Defilers would overwhelm them in the narrow passages. Their Stako worked best in open spaces where they could move and fight. He saw more and more of the Defilers coming down the passages in numbers that would make her charges worth while.

"The rest of you into that passage. I will stand in the entrance. My armor should protect me from any debris and I can work to keep the defilers from the other passage from crashing upon us like an ocean wave. Memi, keep a sharp out towards the back." He said as he moved into position. "Murr... detonate the charges and let's give the Defilers something to fear."

Junction

When everyone was clear of the junction, Murr triggered the explosives….

Flash of light from both sides lit up the East and West Corridors…

Sound was horrendous and in stero… Ka-boooooom! Then the wooosh of debris flying sounding of grinding metal, rocks, concrete mixed all together along with what ever Defilers got caught in the blast…

The corridors channeled the explosive concussion outward along with the debris like an oversized shotgun blast, shredding what ever was in it’s path and ricocheting off the walls….

The blast coming towards the junction with its wave of debris slammed together just off of the junction in the East corridor. With nowhere to go, it took the weakest path… upward and blew the top off the building, caving in the East and West corridors.

Once the Concussions from the duel blast passed, Murr rushed forward to see where the hell was Keyul. She prayed like she never prayed before as she rushed forward in a berserk like fashion, Just spraying and praying as her rifle spat it’s projectiles as fast as she could fire it till it ran dry, reloading and firing therifle till there was no more ammo for it, then letting hang at her side. With a continuous stream of plasma fire from her Stako’s Cannon fire into the North Corridor, advancing as she fired, till it auto-shut down to prevent it from melt-down. ...

Last edited:
Junction

Keyul rose from the squatting position his Stako was in, it emerged from the dust and debris like a leviathan from the deep. Once he had a clear field of fire he fired both fusion cannons and both coil guns into the oncoming group of Defilers from the North. He spared a moment to survey the extensive damage caused by the explosions. Keying his comm unit, "Sar-Murr... perhaps next time you should use a little less explosives. The intent was to kill the Defilers not bring the structure down around our heads." he said with a hint of mocking in his voice.

La'tâ flinched inside her Stako when the explosion went off, she was not expecting a blast with so much force. It took her a moment to react, but once the blast has stopped the Tula used her emissions scans to track heat sources and keep an eye on everything. She figured it wasn't likely that any defilers survived, but she didn't want to be the one caught off guard by them. As Keyul spoke over the comms and re-postured his stako, La'tâ moved up beside him, rifle ready. "Scanning for any moving heat sources." she spoke over the comm.

Junction

At the sound of Keyul's voice over her com's speakers, She smiled as her purr motor kicked in, knowing that Keyul had survived. She typed a message back and sent it on open channel so it appeared on their screens also::

:p Oh Mighty Hunt Leader, you had to know I could roar with the best of the warriors of this pack of ours! And to invite the others of our ship to our fun we're having. They'd be sorely displeased if we hogged all the fun we're having here with the Defilers. With sweetness and love; Murr :)

P.S I need more ammo for my rifle. End Message ::

Murr looked over the damaged she had caused. She had planned it so well and everything went off without a hitch. Liking the way the sunlight lit up the interior of a once gloomy interior. Then privately to Keyul.

:: It was the physic and dynamics of the layout that made this possible. And well placed shape charges to create such results. If I didn't offset one set of explosives, it'd gave the concussive forces two new routes to travel. Safety of my teammates and you were paramount in my placement of the charges. Buildings can be replaced a lot quicker than we can. Your Pack Member, Murr. ::

[yes the smiley faces was added to the message. Sorry Yoshi for posting out of turn :(]

Last edited:
Junction

Keyul looked at Murr's response. Gave a shake of his head that the Stako did not reproduce. He had not wanted her to collapse the passages but just use the explosive force to take out a good number of the Defilers. As it stood now there was a one in three chance of the others being able to get to them because of the damage to the passages off to their sides.

He reached down and grabbed his two spare magazines for his rifle. "Here you go. Use them wisely." He slung his rifle over his shoulder and secured it there. He had plenty of ammo for his integrated weapons and would depend on them from this point forward.

Sensors
Meanwhile La'tâ's sensor scan would show there were still a sizable number of Defilers on the other side of the collapsed passages. However, more troubling was that they were dispersing. She was picking up a a growing number of the smaller Defilers forming up behind the team further back in the passage that they had come down, and another group in front of them. Coupled with that she was getting readings of a pair of larger Defilers. Which was coming towards the passage in front of the group.

Last edited:
La'tâ muttered a few swears to herself as she received the sensor data. "The defilers have made detours, we have several small readings at our rear as well as forming up in the passage in front of us...there is also a pair of larger Defilers in front of us all well. I believe they're trying a pincer maneuver." She decided to keep her plasma canon warm, they weren't out of the woods yet. "I suggest we break through the back group. I do not have any identification data, merely the signals, so I can not tell what exactly is ahead of us."

Murr listened as she accepted the ammo from Keyul and secured them. One in the carrying case at her side within reach and the remaining one went into her weapon to get the rifle ready to fire. She checked on her Stako's Plasma Cannon, but it was still in auto-shut down mode.

She had a choice to make. To use the override auto-shut down, or give it time to release automatically. Next time she was going to take the 'Bear' Mech so she could carry more ammo and explosives.

She racked her brain as she knew there was something she was missing. She eyed Memi's Stako and then shook, which caused her Stako to shake. She had the tools to do it. But would the idea fly at leaving one of the 3 exposed who had Stako's. Her's was useless till the auto-locks on her Stako released. Glancing at her readouts, her plasma cannon generator was still overheated and she could feel the heat still radiating from it.

She typed a message to Keyul::

I have one more bomb left. My Plasma cannon generator. I can override the auto-lockdown. You remove it from my Stako. But I'll be running headless, my Stako integrity compromised. We'll have 5 minutes to clear the area before it blows. Otherwise I'll just have the rifle and ammo till the lockdown releases to fire my Plasma cannon. Please advise. Murr::

Murr sent the message to Keyul, bringing up the schemtics on the Stako to remove the 'head' of her Stako. She was on an Adreniline rush and relief everyone still together and in one piece.

They had the makings of a good combat team. Even Memi was showing he had hidden steel that rose to the occasion.

La'ta was on the ball as she kept a level head and did the necessary scans to get information. Murr smiled to herself and this was one life debt she would be willing to pay. To any of her team. She knew her family would accept all three if she brought her team home unannounced after a breif introduction and lavish the best on them beyond the point of spoiling them, much to her embarrasment as she them do the same with her brother when he brought his team in to meet the family. Keyul, being the Pack Leader, would get Papa's Lounge Pillow. Memi would get her Brother's Pillow. La'ta would get her Mother's Pillow. And she would gain a new Lounge Pillow all her own for herself. If they survived this encounter...

Those thoughts flashed through her mind in mere seconds, as Murr still focused on the job at hand.

Last edited:
Keyul read Murr's suggestion, while she was well intentioned, she was obviously mistaken about the cannon's operation. He opened a private channel to Murr.
Sar Murr,
The plasma cannon will not overload. If you remove the head of your Stako you will lose power to the weapon and the single charge it holds will dissipate.
Removing the head also means you would lose tactical capabilities and be effectively blind. Shut the system down let it reset while we move out.

Keyul also listened to La'tâ's suggestion. Retreat did not seem like the best idea. By now Murr's detonation had to have attracted the rest of the recon group. By pressing forward the could if Siamaka was with them catch the two large Defilers in a pincer move between then and the other group.

He opened his communications. "Murr, check the passage behind us quickly. Identify the structural weak points. We will see about closing this passage behind us and charge the others. The further in we go, we should hopefully be able to raise the others, and the explosions should have gotten their attention."

La'tâ heard Keyul's orders and while she wasn't sure exactly what he was thinking, if the back end passage closed, then that means they're going forward. While this wasn't her first choice for how to handle the situation, she knew disagreements would only increase the risk of the situation and someone could end up hurt, so she dedicated herself to Keyul's orders and started to work. The first thing she did was direct her attention to the scans, this time focusing mostly on the front passage to see if she can get details once more, she wants to see the shape of these larger defilers at least, maybe they can figure out what they're going to be dealing with.

Murr quickly brought out the last of her explosives, began checking as ordered, But the North/South passage that they was in, was too well built.

She nodded to herself as Keyul was wise in reminding her of her Stako operations. Feeling like 'cruit, she rebooted the cannon's entire system. That should give her plasma generator time to finish off cooling. She opened the plasma generator vents to increase the cooling effect, letting the radiated heat build-up to escape.

Murr quickly marked several spots that looked like a good spot to bring down the south passage behind them. She sent the message to Keyul to use his weapons on the marked spots in order to block the passage, but would allow them to clear it quickly if they needed to do a Tactical Withdrawel this way . Putting away her remaining two blocks of explosives. She smiled and rejoined the group near the Junction. Using explosives would totaly take away that option.

Message to Keyul :: Hit the numbered spots in sequence and it'll bring down the corridor to effectivily block it, yet will allow us to do a tactical withdrawel incase we bit off more than we can chew. Murr::

She sent the message to Keyul, as she moved back to join the group, closing the vents to prevent dust and small debris getting inside her Stako Plasma generator.

La'tâ's sensors were cross referencing against the data records in the Stako. It finally came up with an reading, there were two different large Defilers. One was a Standard Mishhu, and the second reading was coming from an armored Defiler referred to by the Yamatai as a Ripper.

Keyul turned his Stako around and trained his Fusion cannons at the points that Murr indicated. Once the debris was settling he turned back to face the North passage. "Heads up, Falling back was not an option. The rest of our shipmates are somewhere ahead of us, perhaps even on the other side of this complex. We are going forward for one reason. Its the best way to survive we punch through anything between them and us. Because our shipmates will have heard the explosions and start moving in our direction, we should have comm with them as we get deeper and then we can coordinate. Let's move out."

Lucky for Keyul that Murr was mute. For she would've gave him a tongue lashing that would've flayed his fur off and sent her straight into the doghouse. She saw red when she saw his handywork after the dust cleared enough to see.

If a Stako could stomp off in anger, Murr's would come very close. She wasn't a coward, but she liked to have her options open. And it seamed that Murr's Stako gave Keyul a head tilt to the back as in a childish snit of 'I'm not talking to you any more'. Pivoted and marched forward to the North with parade ground perfection as if Murr was marching without the Stako, weapons at ready, plasma cannon primed and charged, Rifle at low ready (barrel pointed at the floor, buttstock planted in her shoulder). Lucky the Stako didn't have a tail otherwise she would had given Keyul, the feline tail version of the middle finger.

Even though she thought world of him and respected him, he could be sooooo dense at times. Specially when facing the unknown up ahead.

Keyul watched Murr start heading out. He opened a comm to her."Sar Murr, you are going in the wrong direction. While we are going to move northward. We are not going to use that passage." He then opened a wide channel to the team.

"Okay, the enemy know we are here, and are expecting us to come down that passage. " he said pointing to the northern one. "Since they can not see us because the other passages are currently blocked we are going to out maneuver them. We are going vertical." With that he moved towards one of the sections of wall. His Stako hunkered down and then leaped just over two meters into the air and he sunk his armor's claws into the structure. "We climb people." He said and continued upward, once he reached the top he moved to a section of the structure that was sound and waited.

Last edited:
La'tâ looked over her sensor data and the cross referenced material and nodded to herself. The processing took some time so she had let Keyul and Murr handle collapsing the tunnel on their own. Now as they were about the embark the Tula took the moment to speak up. "The scans show that there is a standard type defiler ahead as well as on the Yamatain refer to as a Ripper type. It is a powered combat armor like the Anoka'ano Dahome, however it is much heavier. I do not have data on it's sensory capability but we should tread cautiously." She said such as she began to follow him upt the wall, making sure that she was keeping track of their opponent's movement.

Murr backtracked, letting La'ta and Memi go ahead of her while providing cover for the rest to get to safety. Once they joined Keyul, she brought up the rear after securing her rifle to her Stako. She climbed up, placing her claws in the previous marking to cover up the numbers of their small group as she joined the rest of them.

Murr cooled down as she focused on the job at paw. With this new twist in the route. ~~This ought to be interesting~~. Having the high ground was good tactical sence.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back