• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 12.4] Warm and Wet

Status
Not open for further replies.
"And what are you doing now?" Hanako asked Yuriko, leaning back and gently swimming in place on top of the warm pool. "Now that you are back, have you found an occupation?"

The captain also briefly looked around to see what the others were up to.

While Helen went about waiting for the Onsen service people to bring along booze, her gaze would land upon someone who strolled by, and it caused her to look to Armundo and give a little smirk. "You know, I think I have a solution to this. Instead of being selfish with the booze, we should go back and share. It may help get rid of the angry mood from that over-sized chicken, and it could get Hanako to be less prim and proper. I've heard stories of her in a good party, it would certainly beat what is going on right now." As Helen finished speaking, one of the Onsen staff brought along a large box of various booze which were for sale, upon the arrival, Helen picked out the best of the litter, and went about making the purchase before scooping up some of the booze, and pointing Armundo to the other bottles. "Come on, give me a hand, we can liven this place up."

When Hanako would look about, she would spot Helen walking over while fully dressed, cradled in her arms were bottles, at least half a dozen, of sake and imported wines. "I've found the catalyst to our R&R." Helen spoke, with a bit of a sly smile, as she sat down near the pool, and then looked to the woman she recalled from her previous mission's briefing. "Mm, interesting to see you on this side of the border, what brings you this way Yuriko?" Helen asked, in quite the civil tone, as she held out a bottle to the woman, and the label of which was in Lorath text, it was a bottle of their liquor apparently.

Yuriko declined the bottle offered to her. It did no good anymore anyways... "Now? Looking for a new position I suppose. If it does not go well, I could always look elsewhere for employment." she said to Hanako before looking off to the side toward Helen.

"Ah, Helen. A pleasure to see you again. How has life and your profession been treating you as of late?" her tone too was light-hearted yet civil.

"Although I am surprised to see you attached to Hanako's crew."

"Klein-Shosa. There is a bottle of Nepleslian Whiskey with my things. I believe that would help." Michael said as he sat back down, seemingly not noticing the angry stares he was getting.

"Perhaps, Ma'am, if you'd excuse me, maybe you could rejoin the SAOY and serve on the Eucharis? I'm sure that it'd go a long way. I myself requested permission to serve on the ship, to get a better perspective on Yamataian and Nekovalkyrja culture. Not much help it did, though." Michael said to Yuriko, telepathically. "I've been moody, and angry, and depressed it seems. I miss being around other Elysians, and I find it hard to get over my dislike for the Ketsurui around Hanako-Shosho. Maybe when I leave, you can join this ship and be more useful than I was."

Reika was slightly embarrassed that she couldn't really respond well to Hanako's queries. As a fairly new Neko -- barely more than a year old -- she had few if any experiences outside her basic training. Prior to joining the Eucharis, the only homes she had ever known were various training barracks. The Star Army organization itself was probably the only real 'home' she had ever known. Also, her love-life was completely non-existent. As yet, Reika had never been intimate with anyone -- though she had occasionally found herself attracted to some of her co-workers from time-to-time.

When Yuriko joined the crew in the onsen, Reika also introduced herself with a faint smile. "Tachihara Reika, Nitô Hei. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." The neko operative leaned back on her bench, listening intently as Yuriko began to converse with the assembled Eucharis crew.

Sune was relaxing and watching Hanako's reunion with a former crew member. When Helen returned to the pool clothed and carrying an armful of bottles. Her comment about a catalyst for the R&R made him even more wary. No good will come of this. What is she up to? he wondered.

At Yuriko's comment of looking for a new position, Sune's attention shifted from worry about Helen's attempt to start something, to considering the idea that Yuriko came here with the purpose of asking to join Hanako's crew. Michael's suggestion of the same made what was a veiled request into something more concrete.

The whole UOC situation even before its apparently collapse was one that Sune was uncomfortable with. To have an entire Expeditionary Fleet defect from the Empire to start their own with lofty goals; he could not fully fathom why trusted high ranking officers would betray their oaths. And the idea of having one such person wanting to serve aboard the Eucharis, Sune was not at all sure how he felt about that. It was of course Hanako's decision, but he would have to work with the person and depending on her rank, find himself back in the untenable solution of being above a person in the command infrastructure who had a higher rank than he.

"I go where the Empire tells me to go, it is the life of someone in the service." Helen replied, as she set the bottle down beside herself as she studied the look of the woman who chose to walk a path different than all of the others present. She knew well enough of the publicly known accomplishments of the woman, and that was enough to establish a level of appreciation of her capacity, what she knew from her mission in the Matriarchy was enough to solidify that into a sense of civility which she reserved for those which were competent and capable.

Though, even with the civility, there was the simple matter of knowing who was who in regard to the 'big players' in interstellar politics. Yuriko knew of Helen's exploits no doubt, she knew of Yuriko's, and it was purely just by being well informed and through knowing the right people to form a sort of interstellar social network. Knowing of each others reputation and activities made for conversation that was just a bit more interesting. "As for my profession, it treats me well. How fares your corporate life, and how are the kids and clan?"

Hanako got out of the water, and pranced wet and naked over to the box of alcohol. "The air feels cool after being in the warm spring for so long!" she grinned, holding both arms across her middle while she crouched down and looked through the selection. There was a bottle of fine red wine from Hanako's World in there and she took the bottle and opened it. The cork made a loud pop. Next Hanako fished a stack of plastic cups out of the box and took one and poured herself a serving of the wine and moved to the edge of the pool where she sat with her feet in the warm water and enjoyed the drink.

"Are you asking to come fight evil with us?" she half-jokingly asked Yuriko.

"Safe and sound out of harm's way. My daughter sends her regards." Yuriko said to Helen with a soft shake of the head to Hanako's question and returning the smile Reika had offered before shaking her head again.

Such a subjective term. 'Fight evil.' she thought.

"No. I came here to relax and calm myself after a stint at the War College. However the instructors have made it apparent I am not wanted there. Past accolades or not. After this I may move on. Seek out friends in my adoptive father's nation of Nepleslia. Possibly go back to the front lines where I belong. While under a different banner, the cause is the same. Elimination of the NMX."

Ramiro had been lying back, just listening to what was going on around him. The situation with the newcomer intrigued him, and he even opened an eye to examine the person. When he saw Hanako hop out of the water he rolled his eyes a bit. Why does she always have to do that? After getting over his moment of subtle embarrassment he closed his eyes again and listened to the duration of the conversation.

Sune had been admiring the sight of Hanako as she exited the pool, noting the effect the temperature change had on certain parts of her body. When she picked up the bottle of wine he recognized it as the same the two of them shared over dinner awhile back. He decided that a single glass would not hurt.

He made his way out over to the edge of the pool, and hoisted himself out of the water. He walked over got himself to the box, grabbed a cup and filled it with the red wine. He then walked back to the pool, placed the cup by the edge and lowered himself back in. He took a sip of the wine, savored the fragrance and taste then swallowed it.

He looked at Yuriko, "Ma'am, what about another venue, there are civilian organizations that would probably be more than glad to have a person of your experience?"

The lone elysian shrugged, and then chuckled as Hanako jumped out of the pool. "Ah well," he thought, "I might as well sit back and enjoy the scenery."

The water was warm and soothing and the drinks were cool and tasty.

Hanako finished her glass and poured a second.

After a while onsen got dimmer as more clouds blocked the sun. A few flashes of lightning flickered in approaching dark clouds. Along with the wet smells of the spring water, a smoky meat smell drifted through the air from the onsen building, hinting of an upcoming meal.

His eyes closed, he could hear the rolling of thunder and when he opened his eyes, vaguely noticed the flashes. "Wouldn't it be a good idea to get out of the water with that going on," he asked but not really loud enough for anyone to hear and more so just enough for him to hear.

With a slight shake of his head, Takeyu just closed his eyes to relax more.

"Hmm..." was what Yuriko said as she mulled over Sune's suggestion while looking at the grey-tinted sky. Thankfully she'd only put a toe into the water, which was promptly brought back out.

"Possibly. Quite possibly. But my mind has been made as for where I'll go I think. But... I'll keep what you've suggested in mind for future use perhaps."

Taking note of the apparent approaching storm Sune finished his cup of wine. "It would appear that the weather on Yamatai is as fickle as reported. Ketsurui-Shoso, I suggest we move to another part of the facility." He said as he crossed the pool to the steps, retrieved his towel as he ascended them.

With his towel in hand, he turned and said. "Is there an enclosed room where we can go ma'am?"

Hanako watched Sune as he exited the pool, then looked up at his face as he made his inquiry, grinning and replying "The onsen visit package I purchased comes with a free yukata and a meal. I can smell it cooking. How about we all get washed up now and eat together?"

Yuriko clasped her hands together as she backed out of the pool, standing on solid stone.

"Then I will take my leave if you all will be attending dinner."

"You are welcome to join us for lunch," Hanako offered. She stood and went into the shower room and sat down in one of the stations and began rising her hair and rubbing herself all over with a sponge. Blueberry went over to Hanako and they helped get each others' backs.

Back outside, a warm sprinkling rain began to come down again.

Inside the nearby changing rooms, fluffy towels and a stack of clean white cotton yukatas with a blue bamboo print pattern were waiting for everyone.

Takeyu gave a light relaxed sigh before getting up out of the water, he stood there for a moment, letting the warm water run off his skin before he exited and grabbed his towel from nearby and draped it around his waist.

Being completely naked actually revealed just how muscular he was, with his ripped abs and bulging muscles. He headed for the changing room where he cleaned himself off with his towel, then tossed it into a nearby hamper before grabbing a white yukata and putting it on. With a slight smile he walked out and waited just outside the changing room for the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back