• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Beta Team

Takeyu was on the verge of calling out the bomber, before he felt himself thrusted into the ground, but it took his mind only a few seconds to realize that they were still much to close. "Forgive me ma'am, but I'm afraid this won't work, we are well within range that when the bomb explodes we'll be killed, we both have teleportation modules, so we can get away from here safely," commented the Shoi as he got himself out from under Helen. He knew from double checking the load out that Rieka and Tomomi didn't have modules, he was glad he kept his on his armor, but then he was the paranoid type.

He then quickly grabbed onto Tomomi. "Hang on!" he shouted as he engaged his teleportation module and disappeared out of the area, though hoping that Helen would be able to get out as well.

"Damn!" Ramiro cursed under his breath. It had been several minutes and he had received no response message from Beta team. If the ping was from Beta Team then they're either out of my sight or they're dead. And the only reason that they would be pinging us is if they've identified the target or a are searching for Hanako Two, he thought to himself. If the ping was from Hanako Two, then that's our objective point anyways.

A communication came from Ramiro's AIES to the other two team members.

It seems we're heading for those mountains ahead of us. Whomever is up there, they've pinged themselves as friendly on our IFF. If it's Hanako Two then that's our objective point and if it's Beta Team, it gives us an opportunity to regroup with them and come up with a plan. Let's move.

Ramiro stood and started sprinting towards the mountain the Beta Team was on, making sure to keep as much cover as he could.

Engineering

Cherry pushed an errant lock of her vibrant red hair from her face when she removed her helmet. Looking around the engineering there were multiple warning lights flashing around the room.

She picked up the intercom handset and dialed the bridge.

"Engineering to bridge, I am starting repairs. I am dispatching Pineapple to the bridge."

She then pulled up the status display on the console she was closest too.

Engineering Status Report
WARNING: a intermittent gravity system failure has been detected in the power distribution center.

WARNING: a mild electrical hazard has been detected on the ship's ventral side.

WARNING: a small fire has been detected in main engineering.

"Right, fire first." she muttered as she returned her helmet and grabbed an extinguisher. She surveyed the room, quickly finding the source of the fire she charged in and positioned herself as she fired the FOAM at the base of the power distribution board. "Great one more thing to check after the fire is out."

Alpha Team

Akemi nodded to Ramiro and followed behind him while keeping some distance between the two of them.

B-Team - Impending Doom

There were three people in life which Helen knew never to argue with, her bartender, her doctor, and her engineer. "Alright, teleporting to coordinates last confirmed as clear." Helen spoke, coordinating the teleport with Takeyu's armor, before vanishing from the blast zone with Reika, leaving Tomomi to Takeyu. She made her choice based upon mass, as she ditched a good portion of her Kylie's common place accessories to the explosion... along with bits and pieces of her own flesh in the process, but certainly enough to move her and Reika through space and to somewhere safer than the space beneath a bomb.

On the other end of the teleport, Helen was quick to try to evaluate her surroundings, as she called out; "B-Team, report in.", not wanting to radio it quite yet, that was until she heard the transmission from the Eucharis. "B-Team leader, confirming reception of message." she said, sounding pained, as she worked with her Kylie's life support system to rebuild her lost tissues, once in progress, the task was easily done, as flesh and bone were created out of Kylie-provided hemosynth material.

Bors had wanted to say something about waiting to see if there were any survivors or maybe having a five minute smoke break, but decided to leave questioning orders to someone else and merely just shrugged and said "I'll take up rear guard" and ran behind the other two making sure no NMX were going to sneak up behind them.

Alpha Team
Konoka followed Akemi and Ramiro. She'd been next to Akemi when the blast happened, so she'd survived, too. That was why I wanted Akemi to forget about the drones and run, she thought. I knew we needed to get out of the blast zone.

Konoka had been right behind them since they'd regrouped, but because she'd been so uncharacteristacallly quiet she wondered if they even knew she was there, following them, limping after them determinedly. She communicated stealthily to her team:
Do any of you need medical attention after that blast?

Alpha Team

I'm fine. Both my arms and neck suffered fractures when I was hit by the main cannon of one of the tanks, but they're of course gradually fixing themselves. I've only lost a little blood and I don't need help dealing with the pain.
Akemi didn't think her injuries were worth mentioning, but she didn't want Konoka to worry about her hiding something serious. It would be natural for her to suspect such if she said nothing given the two big hits she took. She felt a great deal of pain, but she wanted to endure it without assistance to prove and improve her mental toughness.

The results from Ramiro's passive scans lit up suddenly. Holding up his hand, he signaled the team to halt. Taking a knee, he ran through some thoughts in his head. Large energy signatures from the site of the ping as well as a new location, appears to be at least two, which means it can't be Hanako Two. Must be Beta Team.

Ramiro pinged his IFF to signal Beta Team before looking back over his shoulder at the rest of Alpha. After pointing towards their new trajectory, he took off in that direction.

Alpha Team

I could use some, I'm missing half my hand and i may have a broken rib, along with some blood loss

Bors replied to Konoka's question nearly forgetting that she was there until the message came. Bors had suffered worse in the past, but he dicided that he might as well try to gain some combat effectiveness while he had the chance.

Reappearing a distance from where he teleported, Takeyu looked in the direction. "You alright Tomomi?" he asked before hearing Helen's call out, he looked around and then noticed her a short distance away.

"We're fine," Takeyu shouted back as he ran a check on his systems just to make sure nothing was damaged in teleportation.

Beta Team

Reika came out of the trans-location kneeling on the ground beside Helen, disoriented by the sudden shift in position and the unfamiliar physical sensations of the teleportation process. As she tried to regain her footing and started an armor diagnostic the Neko turned to Helen and spoke in a dry, ironic voice to her superior.

"I think I have most if not all of my pieces... If we should somehow finish this mission and get off this planet alive, remind me to upgrade my armor and equipment to something a little more... adaptable.... having to keep hitching rides like this is starting to get a little embarrassing."

The operative turned her gaze towards the source of Takeyu's shout and declaration that Tomomi and he were both alright. Hidden beneath her armors helmet Reika grinned softly before she responded to them aloud with the words, "Glad to hear it."

Alpha Team - alone

The blast had thrown Misato a goodly distance; the concussive force damaged her Mindy quite intensively. She was in a bad way, given enough time she could heal but at the moment in a combat zone she was a liability. Her left leg was broken in at least two places, as far as she could tell it was knitting, but she couldn’t put any weight on it. Her comms where out, and she missed all the communications of the alpha team and which way they headed, and being fearful that the NMX nekos could intercept a telepathic signal she stayed quiet. She used her Ke-M2-W2913 as a make shift crutch, as started to head toward the mountains. Hopefully she could find a place she could hide in long enough to repair her comms and get an read on the rest of the team.

B-Team - Planetside

A sigh escaped Helen, as she nodded lightly and spoke up; "Glad to hear you're all alive, I think that went better than could be expected." she stated, as she reached into the buttpack of her armor, rummaging for the medical kit, before pulling it out and producing a container of hemosynth material, as she again went about injecting herself through one of the breaches in her Kylie armor.

As Helen worked on knitting herself back together, she spoke to Tomomi; "Tomomi, interface with the Eucharis' sensors, and begin a surface scan and signal pinging operation, only after confirming that there are not any detectable NMX assets present on the planet."

Beta Team

Being the first time she has ever teleported, Tomomi fell to both knees and her hands from being disoriented. She gave a thumbs up with her right hand and started to get up when Takeyu asked if she was ok. When Helen gave Tomomi her orders, she spoke out a simple yes while still resisting the urge to vomit.

Tomomi moved to a location more open to the sky. Once there she calculated where the Eucharis is so she could establish a secure link with the ship's MEGAMI.

Ramiro paused when he realized that the others weren't following him. He knelt on the ground and waited for Konoka to administer the first aid. Still no replies, he thought worriedly. He sent another couple of pings across the IFF, hoping that he could at least get a reply that led him to believe that they weren't the only four left alive on the planet.

Alpha Team

There's no need to wait on my account.
Akemi stood partially crouching, ready to move or be administered to if either Konoka or Ramiro insisted she should be.

After the sun-bright explosion and its subsequent violent shockwave obliterated half of the mountain where Bravo Team had just been, a calm settled over the burned wasteland on the planet that, thus far, seemed very lonely and empty. Temperatures were dropping rapidly as the frigid ice storms swept away the heat of the explosions...though there were still semi-molten craters at each impact site.

Beta Team

Picking up the the communication link with the Eucharis, Tomomi linked her AIES with the ship's MEGAMI. She waited patiently while the two computers interrogated each other in order to establish a secure connection. "Link established." Tomomi said out loud without turning her head towards Helen.

She proceeded to gather a situational report from MEGAMI before she gave the command through her spine interface to iniate the ship's sensors to scan the surface to detect if there were anymore NMX assets on the planet, as well as looking for the Hanako duplicate.

Beta Team

As Takeyu waited to see what was going to happen next. He unslung his rifle and began to survey the area, he wanted to use his drones but it was still to risky - given that the bomber who dropped that bomb might still be in the area somewhere and could pick up on the drone.

So, he waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back