• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Eucharis

Blueberry contacted both armor teams via encrypted subspace radio. "Most ship sensors are down right now and MEGAMI is offline. Shosho Hanako is working on the system right now. We took some major damage after we pounced on the enemy battleship. The other ships of the squadron are a little better off but they're patrolling on guard duty watching for NMX reinforcements. I do not know how long we have until more Mishhuvurthyar arrive in the system. We should have Sune back in the land of the living soon. We are sending the T7 shuttle, which will be there to evac your teams if necessary. Blueberry out."

B-Team - Planetside

With the message from Blueberry in regard to the Eucharis' sensors, Helen gestured to Tomomi with a simple slashing gesture across her armored neck. "Forget the Eucharis' sensors, we'll have to do this another way." Helen spoke, before she patched a message through to Blueberry. "Blueberry, request that the T7 conducts a sensor and communication sweep of the surface during their entry orbit, furthermore, request the shuttle follows the equator, since it would be the optimal location for a Nekovalkryja of Hanako's model to seek refuge from the cold. B-Team will meanwhile begin a search pattern until the shuttle arrives."

With the message sent, Helen weighed her options. Reika was going to be something of a ball-and-chain in her Daisy, but there was a task which she could carry out with her limited range. "Reika, track down A-Team, see if you can render aid to them, and make sure they are ready for pick up. Keep your communication receiver active, and inform us if you receive any messages of importance..." Helen's gaze then went to the other team members; "Takeyu, Tomomi, we're going to conduct a quick search of this area. Tomomi, you will begin a circular sweep, extending out from this location, and gradually spiralling into a wider sweep. Maintain an altitude of five hundred meters, and space out your sweeps to optimize the use of your scanner device."

After instructing Tomomi, Helen shifted her gaze to Takeyu. "Takeyu, you and I will begin a fly over of the nearest six-hundred miles in opposite directions. Conduct communication pings, and return to this location for pick up once each of us have made it out to six hundred miles. If anything is detected, communicate it to Reika, and she will patch it to the rest of the team. If we fail to detect our objective prior to the arrival of the shuttle, we will use other methods as soon as they become available."

Engineering

After extinquishing the fire near the primary power distribution board, Cherry stowed the extinguisher. It took her only a few minutes to remove the cover panel from the unit. She could see that several of breakers and the coils were damaged. Well that explains the gravity fluctuation. she thought when she spotted several power cables that were almost melted through.

With practiced skill she swapped out the damaged parts and initiated a power system check.

"Bridge, Cherry here, I've patched the primary distribution board. Primary power should be restored to main systems. I am going to check on the conduits near Charisma." she sent via intercom.

Looking towards the sky when the communications came through, Ramiro thought about the information. If open comms are okay, then I should probably contact Beta Team. Sending out an open communication, he attempted to make contact.

"Beta Team, this is Valencia-Juni. Radio Check."

Beta Team

"Aye Shosa," replied Takeyu as he stood up and shouldered his rifle. Then he checked the diagnostic he had been running on his armors systems, finding everything in the green with the exception of the teleportation unit which was showing a recharge counter on it.

"Though I am wondering where that Bomber went..." having said that, he looked off into the sky. "Ready to go on your order ma'am," he said, waiting to see which direction Helen would go so he'd go in the opposite.

B-Team - Planetside

"Klein to Valencia, reception confirmed. Request future comms be put through Reika's relay. Beta team is splitting up for a search pattern. Inform Reika of your position, she will be joining up with you." Helen stated, before she looked to Takeyu. "They likely are rounding up more ships for a proper planetary assault, using the retreat in hopes of lulling us into a false sense of security, that is why we must hurry." Helen spoke, before she pointed to the horizon. "I'm heading this way." with that, she ascended from the ground, and took off with the sound of her armor instantly ripping through the sound barrier as she began to transmit a steady series of communication pings, in hopes of raising the older Hanako.

Beta Team

Reika nodded softly to Klein's instructions and replied with a succinct, "Yes, Shosa." She took a moment to ascertain their new position relative to the last known co-ordinates of Team Alpha, before turning about and heading back through the new environment -- they were even farther removed from Alpha team than they had been prior to the emergency teleport and it would take her a bit longer to join up with them. She initiated her suits flight capability and stealth function -- hopefully she would go unnoticed by any NMX that might be remaining in the area, there was no telling what kind of stragglers or surprises the Mishhuvurthyar might have left behind.

When she picked Ramiro's transmission and then Helen's added reply, Reika sent a transmission out as well as she flew through the air at a rate much faster than she could run in her armor.

"I'm already most of the way back Valencia-Juni and will be in your general area in just a few minutes -- transmit your co-ordinates and I'll be with you as soon as I am able. An update on the condition of Alpha team would also be helpful if I'm to be ready to provide assistance when I arrive."

Update....right, Ramiro thought to himself as he warily looked back at his mangled team. Compiling the necessary data, he sent his transmission to Reika. "Valencia-Juni to Reika-Hei. Location is roughly 2 km south-east of the mountains, grid coordinates to follow." Ramiro paused as his AIES transmitted their exact coordinates. "Current Conditions: Jalen-Shosa is down, two team members with moderate to sever injuries."

Beta Team

Takeyu gave a nod and watched Helen fly away, he then tapped the ground with his armored foot for a moment before he too took off in the opposite direction while breaking the sound barrier.

He began to send out a series of communications pings, while keeping his eyes out for any NMX activity. Gearing up for another assault eh? Let's just hope they wait until we leave... he said as he continued moving through the air.

Alpha Team
"OK, Riko-Hei," said Konoka, "since you're the worst off and Akemi-Hei says she's alright, I'll focus on you." First I should take care of that hand before he loses any more blood, she decided. She got out a clotting agent, some hemosynth, disinfectant, and liquid bandage, and went to work. Soon the remains of Bors' hand were thoroughly tourniqueted up. "I'll find a more permanent solution later," she promised.

Next, Konoka thought about the problem of the broken rib. Fish, that might be an issue! she thought. If only he were a neko like me. It would mend on its own. She decided to offer him some hemosynth.

"We had better finish this fishing mission soon," she sighed. "You need a medlab."

Alpha Team

"Fishing?" Akemi thought. She cracked a smile and messaged Konoka privately to avoid sounding unprofessional to the others. "Oh, your self-censorship is so cute." It was nice to have something amusing to take her mind off the discomfort she was feeling.

The A Team

Bors gave a nod of thanks to Konoka and popped off his helmet and wiped some more of the ash off the visor, "Don't worry too much about the hand doc, I’ll just get it replaced when I get a chance" he said taking out his E-Cig and putting it in his mouth "Not the first time I’ve lost it either". Bors then walked over to a nearby rock and sat down leaning his back up against it and watched for any signs of NMX forces while waiting for the shuttle.

Alpha Team

Konoka smiled and blushed at Akemi's compliment, replying, "Thank you, I'm glad you think so. Are you sure your injuries will be alright?"

When Bors spoke, she laughed weakly, saying, "Riko-Hei, I'll ALWAYS worry about injured appendages like that. How did you fix your hand last time?" she asked, not wanting to pry as to how it was lost the first time. She wondered who had treated his hand last time, and why, since Bors was Nepleslian, he hadn't just replaced it with cybernetics. Didn't Neplesians seem to love doing that every time they lost parts?

Bors glanced over his shoulder at Konoka and tried to figure out how he could explain his hand situation without divulging to much information about his somewhat shady past. "An old friend fixed it for me back on Neplesia. She was experimenting with a new type of cybernetics, one that incorporated actual muscle and mechanics, and needed a guniea pig and well I needed a hand so we had a deal." He said in a nonchalant manner and took another drag of his E-Cig, "Shame the idea never had a chance her stuff felt more natural, but it was way too expensive and not to mention how she got some of her....materials.... wasn’t what you call ethical."

Alpha Team

"Definitely," replied Akemi. "I found what you said amusing enough to be somewhat distracted from my discomfort so you've already treated me in a way. Just keep being yourself and I'm sure I soon won't even notice my injuries at all." Her playful tone made it clear she was innocently teasing the medic.

Alpha Team

Ramiro walked back over and knelt down next to the other three. "Try to get those injuries cleared up as quick as possible. We're going to need all of you functioning if we have any hope of retrieving Number Two. It's only a matter of time before more NMX arrive in the system and, trust me, if they understand why we are here then they will be sending an armada after us. I don't know about you but I don't want the Shosho to be losing another ship, especially since I don't want to wind up stranded on some deserted planet in the middle of nowhere."

Computer Room
Cherry made her way up to the MEGAMI chamber. She was carrying some parts that Hanako might need to restore Charisma. When she arrived she saw the blue haired neko hard at work.

"Hello ma'am, I pulled some items from storage that you might require. I brought a space command and interface cable. Several I/O boards." she said placing them on the floor.

"Has there been any word from the Away Teams on the progress of finding the other you?" she inquired as she knelt down and started opening one of the interior panels. She pulled out a module and inspected it, satisfied with it, she put it back into the wall and continued her inspection to the next. "Once Charisma is back online, I will go and check the CFS modules. Doing manual inspections will take longer than it will for us to get her online and get a report from her." she said.

Alpha Team

Akemi turned to Ramiro. "Yes sir, I understand the situation. I'm doing much better now than I was a while ago."

Beta Team

"Understood ma'am." Tomomi said to Helen once she terminated her link with the Eucharis and heard her new orders. Slightly grumbling below the volume her microphone to the speakers would pick up, she prepared the settings to her suit's sensors to the previous specs she specified once again. But she also selected a setting to pick up any NMX forces and lifeforms.

Content, she took off at a high rate of speed after the rest. Reaching 500 meters in the atmosphere, she began her circular patrol and sweep.

Computer Room

"Thank you. We should be okay soon," Hanako told Cherry. "The energy surge from their position cannons was so strong it knocked out a lot of our electronics. Blueberry is working on the sensors while I Charisma and I get the ship's main computer systems working again from the backups. Right now we're doing everything from the command line. I just got the AI unit going so work on the systems should be much faster from now. The guns are autonomous so I am having Mango and Lime manually check their status. Engineering and the power room are a mess right now and the main cannon is a total loss until we can hit drydock."

Shuttle Bay

After the ship's rear bay doors opened, Victory skillfully squeezed the large shuttle out of the bay and headed towards the planet with supplies. "Where the hell is Hakujou?" she grumbled, noting yet another shuttle missed by the doctor.

Bravo Team

At this rate, it was going to take ages to scan for Hanako 2, especially if she was underground somewhere. There had to be a better way than blindly sweeping the entire planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…