• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

B-Team

There was a disgruntled sigh from Helen, the area she had decided to sweep had no indications of Hanako present, and it left her feeling agitated that they were limited to such slow speeds in power armor while in atmosphere. Some time had passed, and she figured it would be wise to try connecting to the Eucharis again.

Helen just hoped the technicians which remained aboard the Eucharis had fixed the problem which prevented Tomomi from connecting to the ship in the first place.

Computer Room

"Well I have patched the power distribution panels up as best as I can at the moment. Since you have Charisma awakening, I will go and start working on assessing and repairing our combined field system. They way they sliced into us, I am sure its a mess to." she said standing up and dusting off her knees.

"Workin as best I can on it Boss...err Sir" Bors said to Ramiro "I don't have the luxury of self-healing, but i'll be fine, takes a bit more than a missing hand and broken rib to kill me." Bors chuckled a bit at his own comment, remembering how lucky he was that the shot missed his chest and hit his hand, or otherwise he probably would of been dead. Bors took another drag from his E-cig and then stashed it away and put his helmet back on snapping it back into place "Any news on the VIP Boss I mean Sir, sorry old habit"

"No news," Ramiro responded to Bors. "I'm hoping the black-panel will have some intel for me when she arrives." Ramiro's head turned as he scanned the horizon for a sign of Reika. "And damn it, don't call me sir. I'm not an officer."

Alpha Team Alone and Lost

Misato kept moving, her leg was knitting quickly but it still hurt, and slowed her progress but at least now she could put a little weight on it. As she hiked she was able to reboot her suit and get its primary system up and running, it was touch and go with a lot of the systems, she couldn’t trust the targeting and the flight mode was sketchy but she believed that she got the radio system up and running, so she sent out a quick message on a very weak signal so that it wouldn’t go much further than a mile. She didn’t want to broadcast her position but she also wanted to find the rest of her team. The message was simple and short,
Misato here, lost, Mindy fritzy, ping in response
She only sent it out one so far but her plan was to send it and move a mile further on and send it again. She also didn't want to mention that she was wounded. don't want to call the jackals down on her.

Her first mission and she got her butt handed to her and she lost the rest of her team. She started worrying if she would ever be allowed to join another away team again, and if that was the case would the SA keep her around, on a combat ship. “I’ll probably end up as a laborer, scrubbing ship hulls in some back space station.” She grumbled to herself.

Ramiro noticed a small signal being picked up by his AIES. It appeared to be some sort of communication, but the signal was too weak to tell what the communication was supposed to be. Wonder what that is. There aren't many NMX left, but maybe it's Hanako2. After running a diagnostic, he confirmed that the signal was actually coming from a Mindy. It's coming from our drop point. Maybe another one of them survived after all.

Ramiro quickly sent a return communication. "This is Valencia-Juni of the Star Army of Yamatai. Identify yourself.

Beta Team

Getting out to his maximum range, Takeyu scowled lowly as his systems picked up no traces of who they were looking for. "Damn, nothing," he said and began to look around.

"It's like searching through a needle in a hay stack... well, a needle in a hay stack the size of an entire planet anyway." He spun around in his armor, looking throughout the area for any signs of life, not including his own.

He then began to make his way back, but more slowly just in case he missed something.

Alpha Team, Alone and Lost

Misato had got on about a quarter mile after her third broadcast, before a reply came back to her. It was a male voice and it was a name from her squad. She didn’t see a problem with broadcasting her name but until she knew for sure it was a friendly she wasn’t about to give her exact location. Sadly she never did get her iff system up and running. She decided to send a challenge with her ident.
This is Misato Suzume, I’m alive, Challenge: What liquid was in all of our presents from the Sho’sho’?
As soon as she sent the message she changed her direction of travel by 45 degs to the right, she didn’t want any receiver to track her coarse and hunt her down.

Cherry paused at the door, "Ma'am, do you know if any of the other ship's in the squadron have any VCMAD-A's. With the NMX out of the system, one of those could help." She offered, then with her tools in hand made for the maintenance conduits to start checking the CFS modules. Until she had more data from Charisma, she would start at the primary units and survey them and make what repairs should could.

After moving through the conduit she came upon the primary cluster of coils, relays and emitters. It was the same story they had seen earlier. So she started testing the modules. See how many modules are intact and if necessary cannibalize parts from one module to make as many operational. she thought.

Computer Room

"I think there should be one on each of the other ships," Hanako said. "I will have them transferred to Alpha Team." The Shosho pursed her lips as she entered some commands. "I believe we have the computer systems working normally again. I am going to go down to the sensor dome and I see if I can help Blueberry."

Bravo Team

A trio of T7 shuttles, each carrying a portable outpost module, flew overhead.

"Victory to Bravo Team. I have a visual. Where would you like us to set up your base?"

Planet-H - B-Team

Helen flew, and flew, entirely fruitless in her efforts until a message came through from Victory. When Helen heard the news of setting up a base, she furrowed her brow behind the helmet. All of the advanced technology available, and they were unable to pick out someone who they had on record? It was annoying, but, Helen had to play it by the book; "Shosa Klein to Victory, recommend base-camp be constructed on the highest defensible location available. We need to optimize sensor and communication line of sight, as well as being able to maintain a defensive perimeter by providing line for outgoing weapons fire, in the event the NMX return." Helen advised, before she peeled off of her current route, and flew alongside the T7 shuttles.

Planet H - Base Camp

The shuttles, as directed, deposited their modules and supplies near the top of one of the planet's highest mountains. A plasma torch had to be used to cut out spots for them and they were secured with molecure solution because the wind constantly threatened to blow them away. As bad as the temperature at sea level had been, the mountaintop temperature was worse (OOC: -46 degrees Celsius, -50.8 degrees Fahrenheit). This would be the away teams' home for the immediate future.

"Please let me know if you need anything," Victory said to Helen. "I will be available to make runs from here to the ship. I will return with some aerial drones on the next delivery."

The shuttles departed, leaving the tiny outpost.

- - -

Eucharis

Hanako stopped to send a message to Helen. "Please get an update on the status of all members of both teams and report back to me."

Planet-H - Encampment

"Victory, just keep your eyes open, and take the nice long way through the atmosphere with sensors pointed downward... and try to get the technicians to throw together some sort of stationary scanning and communication device we could hook up to the base camp generator. Fly safe." Helen said, with a rather encouraging tone to her voice as she waved a departure to the shuttles, then opened a communication line to the rest of the planet-side group.

"Shosa Klein to A and B teams, we've set up a base camp at my location. Make your way here and continue to search. On arrival, we will formulate a proper search pattern. For now, all team members, report in with group and individual status." Helen communicated, before she turned to the building and sighed. It was going to be dismal, she sure picked a cold place to set up shop, but, it had to be done for the sake of the mission.

Alpha Team

Ramiro's hoped that the Hei was observant of what was happening on board the shuttle when the crew was opening presents. "Acknowledged Hei. Challenge Response: Unknown, I did not open presents due to a pressing matter upon the bridge."

When the message arrived from Helen, Ramiro's head immediately turned to look at the mountain. She sure did pick a difficult spot... Shaking his head, he surveyed his team and responded. Klein-Shosa, this is Valencia-Juni. Preparing to adjust our heading towards your location. Status report to follow: Jalen-Shosa is dead. Akemi-Hei has minor injuries, Riko-Hei has more serious injuries and will require a medlab for further assistance. Myself and Miyazawa-Hei are alright, and Suzuke-Hei is en route to our location with an unknown status. Tachihara-Hei has yet to arrive at our location.

Turning to the rest of his team, Ramiro shouted, "Alright guys, you've got five minutes before we're packing up and getting our asses to a safe location.

Alpha Team

Akemi stood straight up, ready to depart. She transmitted a message to her teammates and Helen. "Koga-hei reporting, in addition to what Valencia-Juni said, my power armor has been damaged and isn't working quite right. A systems check hasn't revealed exactly what is wrong with it." The soldier didn't like admitting she didn't know the precise status of her equipment given her expert knowledge of it, but she thought she had best speak up. When they got to their base camp she'd thoroughly examine it manually.

B-team

Takeyu stopped his flight and floated there in the air for a few while she surveyed the area. When he got the Shosa's message he turned in the direction of the camp. "Nayacesen-shoi here, scans are negative, contining search while heading to base."

He kept his eyes open though and his rifle ready, he'd use his drones but right now he wanted to keep them contained. It's too quiet....

Planet H - Encampment

"Messages acknowleged, head here as soon as you're able. Shosa Klein, out." Helen replied to the team as she multi-tasked. As Helen received the messages from the rest of the group, she converted the verbal transmissions to text before forwarding the information to the Eucharis. Along with the information, she added a message from herself.

"Helen to Shosho, status down here is iffy at best. We've got armor malfunctions, wounded personnel, we're lacking proper sensor equipment, and we're a man short." She spoke, sounding grim in her tone. "If the NMX come back, we're also lacking proper defensive equipment to maintain an upper hand. We're kind of in a bad situation, and we need to find your other self ASAP, or risk a failure of the mission due to logistics and personnel limitations, Shosho. Furthermore, do we have any intel on where those NMX went?" she asked, as she peered down from the edge of the mountain top, wishing that by some miracle that upon looking down she'd see Hanako. Dead, alive, it did not matter, they just needed to be done with the wretched rock they were on.

Cherry climbed out of yet another maintenance conduit. This was the last of the CFS modules. Now I just need to run diagnostics and calibrate. she thought. She took a moment to stretch and flex, Even a Neko can get cramps having to work in the conduits so long. Once she was sure she had worked out the muscle kinks she picked up the damaged modules she had replaced.

Looking at the blackened and charred units she muttered, "The fabrication bay for you and recycling." Cherry made her way to the fabrication bay. Put the latest damaged units on the growing pile. She picked up the intercom handset. She dialed the ship wide not wanting to take the time to get Hanako's location.

"Shosho, I've replaced all the damaged components of the CFS. I am off to engineering to calibrate and make any necessary adjustments."

She exited the fabrication area, and entered Engineering. Surveying the room she realized how much more work there was for her. First she needed to finish the CFS repairs, then she could see about what repairs she could make to the Engineering section.

"Aye Shosa. Will comply," came a response from Ramiro moments after he received Helen's instructions. "Alright everyone, we're packing it up and moving it to the top of that mountain," he pointed at the appropriate mountain as he spoke. "Our orders are to report there as soon as humanly possible. Once there, then we can finalize any needed first aid. Let's move out!"

With a jump Ramiro's armor shot stories into the air before landing several dozen yards closer to the mountain. As he landed he took of at a sprint, making sure to look behind and check that the others were following.

Eucharis

Hanako returned to the bridge to reply to Helen. "Set up for the night in your base camp. We can have Alpha and Bravo team work in shifts to search while the other rests. Eucharis will also move to do scans when we are capable. We do not know where the NMX ships went. What kind of defensive equipment would you like? How many replacement sets of armor do you need? What medical supplies do you need? Victory is collecting drones and we can send you what we have available on the next cargo run."

Base Camp

The bone-chilling environment on the mountain was not ideal for the Durandium barracks module, which was well below freezing inside. So far no one had turned on the environmental systems and the quilted insulated liner was missing. The blue water in the toilets was already turning into icy slush and the team's water supply was quickly freezing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…