• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

"Please hold while I contact Ketsurui-Shosho," came the response from Ramiro. He put specific emphasis on Hanako's current rank, since whoever he was talking to must not have been aware of her promotion. He then drafted a message on his station and sent it to Hanako.

Cabin
Misato rolled over in her bunk, borrowing deeper into her blankets. Ending up on her back she felt a sharp pain just above her butt. It was bad enough to cause her to get up, “What the hell’” she rubbed her hand down her back and hit her new tail, “Oh yha, Derr!” Shaking her head, she walked over to her locker and pulled out a fresh long sleeve duty uniform, and threw it over her shoulder. She headed out into the lounge to head over to the shower.
Lounge
As she crossed the room she heard voices coming from upstairs in the wardroom, so she moved quickly to the showers so not to get caught in her jammies. In her hast to get to the showers she didn’t notice everything under Yule tree.
She quickly scrubbed and rinsed off, toweled and dressed in 15 minutes. Proud that she did her morning routine in a timely manner she figured that after dropping her jammies off she would head up stairs for some breakfast and see what all was going on up there.

After the disturbing news, Hanako got in her uniform and went straight to the bridge.

Takeyu smiled, the presents before were great and a welcome addition to what he had already, but the other two gifts were just as great. A pie that he would enjoy, and a photo of his younger sister, whom he knew he was fine and safe.

But his concern right now was for the ship that was following them, and he pondered what it was bringing..

Bridge

After he got a message back from Hanako, Ramiro began to get worried. This though hadn't occurred to him and, like always, the Shosho was completely correct. He suddenly became baffled by the fact that someone was able to find them. Given the new situation, Ramiro pulled out his NSP and checked to make sure the batter was full before holstering it again.

"Atsureki, this is Eucharis. You are cleared for cargo transfer. Once the items are on board your personnel are to depart immediately from the ship, at which point I would highly recommend you clear away from this vessel. I would also like to inquire as to how you were able to locate the Eucharis while it was on stealth running and how you were able to follow it undetected."

He sighed as he began pulling up all of the system information. The moment Hanako appeared on the bridge Ramiro jumped to attention.

"Ma'am, I've given them instructions to dock and deliver the cargo. I'm not quite sure how long they've been following us, or how they managed to do so undetected. However, once you reminded me that were were in stealth, I began to realize that some of the things stated by their starship operator didn't make sense.

First of all, she mentioned that the gifts were to be delivered if we stopped at the KMS. But I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that we haven't been there in quite a while, which leads me to wonder how they knew which system to look in, not even including the fact hey they managed to bye past our stealth."

As he spoke, Ramiro pulled up the relevant comm logs in a text format on the main screen.

"It also appears that they are delivering repair supplies for our engines and pylons, which seems to be quite an odd gift, especially since we just had a full repair on the engines and pylons.

However, I should also note that they've been most cooperative thus far. Scans confirm that they are carrying mostly cargo, Plumeria repair equipment to be precise. They made no attempt to deter scans, their weapons are unpowered, and they waited so long to initiate contact to avoid blowing our cover. The only questionable items that they seem to be carrying are heavily modified LAMIA armor."

Wardroom

"I believe these presents are from the Shosho, Akemi-Hei," said Konoka. "Since she's busy with other matters right now, why don't we go open our gifts in the Lounge and then thank her afterwards, when its more convenient? I'm going to go open mine, at least. I hope it's something cute~"

She smiled at Akemi. "I love cute things. Don't you? And it's so nice that we not only have gifts to open, but that we have time to relax and enjoy them! Honestly, I think if we wait, we may not have time to open them. I know the Eucharis...it's rare on this ship to have much time between missions and such. We should take advantage of it."

Wardroom

"So do I. Sure, I only really intended to wait since I'm not in a rush to open mine and I figured she might drop in shortly after us, but that seems less likely now given what's currently going on." Akemi smiled and headed downstairs to the tree with the pink haired neko.

Lounge

Once they were standing in front of it and away from the others she answered her last question. "I love cute things too. That's why I asked if you'd be my roommate. I think you're absolutely adorable." She looked intently at Konoka to gauge her response to her words. If she seemed pleased by them she'd smile once more.

Eucharis - Bridge

Helen, who had been at her post on the bridge while the others were in the lounge, went about giving a nod to Hanako the moment she arrived. "A Bellystabber is not exactly standard issue for KMS, though, Nishitama Port Authority does seem to employ a large number of civilian ships." Helen spoke, speaking up on what to her was routine knowledge. "Also, that is Yaichiro's outfit... as our former engineer, it is likely he has some sort of knowledge of our ship which would permit him to spot us. We would have to question him later about such a detail." Helen spoke with a frown, before she went on to say; "As for our mission, now that our approach has been compromised, I would recommend that we consider altering our approach method, since the arrival of the Bellystabber would have been easily spotted from several light-years away."

Wardroom

Sune noting Hanako's abrupt departure stood up. "Pardon me but I am going to the bridge to see what is going on. As you were for now." he said as he walked away from the table.

Bridge
Sune walked on the bridge, took his station while he downloaded a complete update on what was going on from Charisma.

"Or we could use the Bellystabber to our advantage. If our stealth is operating normally and they followed us because of information supplied by Yaichiro. We could stage a conflict. One in which the Bellystabber destroys what it was following. We rig an antimatter/aether explosion. The Bellystabber leaves the way it came visible, and we continue on in stealth but altering our course in a more circuitous path to ensure we are not being followed."

Bridge

"I think an explosion would just draw more attention to us," said Hanako.

"I agree," stated Ramiro. "The bottom line is that if the enemy believes that the Shosho is on her way to where the copied Hanako resides, there is nothing we can do to fool them. They know of the Shosho's determination, they know our habit of trying to trick them, and they know that we won't give up without a fight.

I believe that we should simply move and try an approach from a different vector, once we get rid of our followers of course. If the squiddies do, in fact, know that we're here, they will be expecting us no matter what we do, and our best bet is to simply approach from a different direction. If the enemy does not know we're here, then us coming in from a different direction won't change their blindness, and the only thing we'll have lost is time. No matter what the situation, I believe that to be our best option."

As Ramiro finished talking, he pulled up the comm and scanner information on his station, slightly concerned that the Bellystabber hadn't contacted yet, nor had they begun their docking procedures.

Lounge

"..I think you're absolutely adorable."

Konoka blushed, flattered by Akemi's compliment. Nobody had ever called her 'adorable' before. A guy or two had called her 'cute', maybe, but this was...different.
"T-thank you so much, Akemi-Hei," Konoka smiled. "Umm...I try to be," she chuckled. "I've never met another crew member as obsessed with kawaiisa* as me! I think we're going to be great friends. Let's open our gifts together."

Konoka opened her gift to find an assortment of luxury goods, including ten civilian outfits, almost all of which were in Konoka's favorite sweet shade of pink. "Cute!" she smiled. Besides that, Konoka had received two special presents from the Shosho: a huge tin of candies and...

"A Karaoke Machine!" Konoka cried with delight. "Oh, I wanna play with it!" she giggled. "Akemi-Hei, do you have time for a duet and some of my candy? Or maybe just some candy. Do you like candy? I do. Oh, well, before you do anything, open YOUR gift! Knowing the Shosho, it's probably as awesome as mine!"

Konoka smiled hyperly. However Akemi responded, she knew this was going to be an awesome day. The Eucharis never had enough of those.

*kawaiisa = cute things

After a bit, the Bellystabber acknowledged, and began docking procedures. it had taken slightly longer than it should have, for reasons unknown. It was then that the neko spoke again.

"...There seems to be a bit of damage to your stealth, by the way. I wasn't sure whether I should just charge in to alert you or not...but the further you went, the more important it seemed. Some of the parts here are geared toward repairing such things, thankfully. Kage-Taisa said that the Eucharis was operating in a steady state of incomplete repairs from overwork when he was aboard, particularly the engine pylons and nacelles which seemed to take damage frequently. Part of his gift is fresh parts and paint, and assorted other repair systems to bring the craft up to spec, since our home fleet seems to have a bit of trouble doing so...he possesses complete control of one of a Star Fortress' production bays in his new position in the Seventh Fleet, so it is the least he could do. There are also some personal gifts as well."

Kuroi continued, dressed in a skimpy santa outfit. "There are also assorted personal yuletide gifts to the Shosho and her crew, which will also be delivered...though I must also pose a warning to Hanako-Shosho."

Kuroi's voice changed slightly, her eyes more focused. "Whatever you are doing, be careful. A cell within SAINT attached to a certain former group has been confirmed as having its own ambitions within the KMS, and working at least superficially toward positive NMX relations. Recently, open combat has been initiated. Kage-Taisa's initial suspicions of an information leak within the First Expeditionary Fleet caused by various compromised missions have been all too harshly confirmed by the statements of captured prisoners. They use obsolete body types though, so in the future, their access to PANTHEON may well be limited, but for now...you may do well to operate under the assumption that the Eucharis' mission data has been compromised. Of course, I hope this not to be the case."

Lounge

"Sure, I'd love to sing with you. I really like karaoke. I've got an Anaba of my own and a Game Buddy. I'm normally too shy to sing in front of others though. I really like dancing too, but I've got the same problem with that. I'm not that great at either, but I really want to get better at both. I'd also like to sample some of your candy. I've got a bit of a sweet tooth."

Akemi opened her box and briefly examined some of the clothing she had received. She held each piece up so that Konoka could get a good view of it. All of it was distinctly feminine and designed to look cute. Her gifts came in a wide range of colours and most of them had a youthful feel. "Oh, these are great," Akemi said, smiling once more. Eventually she saw the custom exercise outfit with chibi bunny and kitten print and held it up. "Aww, look at this." Then she got to the music disks. "I've got quite a collection of music, but I could always use some more. How about we go back to our room to sing?"

When the neko had finished speaking, Ramiro sat back and began slowly rubbing his chin in a thinking-like pose. "Charisma, could you run a full diagnostic of the stealth system? Any damage that can be fixed immediately should be done so, especially if it can temporarily restore full stealth capabilities."

Ramiro then spun forward to his system and sent a message to Takeyu

Ramiro thought about speaking up about the security breach as well, but figured that it wasn't really his area of expertise. Besides, he had been giving too much input anyways and this was a discussion better suited for the officers in charge.

Lounge

Hakujou was the last one into the lounge, wandering in with a somewhat sour look on her face, messy hair and her lab coat over a set of pajamas. She cracked an eye at what was happening, then swore in Yamataian and headed right for the nearest cup of hot coffee.

Eucharis

Helen mulled over the situation, it was a rather embarrassing affair, not so much for her, but for the Shosho and her ship. Being told it is damaged, and several systems being ineffective... it just seemed rude.

"Shosho, I don't like this one bit, people showing up and telling us what is what about our ship, approaching us while we're in a covert operation, and, waiting for so long to do so? If this were ten years ago, I am fairly sure that the lot of them would be lined up and executed for their impudence." Helen spoke, as she clenched her jaw. "Worse, we should have seen them coming from further away."

Takeyu let out a silent sigh as he read Ramiro's message, with the repairs done to the ship, there shouldn't have been any damage to the stealth systems and yet apperently there must've been. He sent a short reply, comprised of a thank you and that he would look into it.

Sitting there though he had to wonder how the system could get damaged without there being any combat, the KFY techs were rather meticulous in their work and there would be no way for them to overlook any kind of damage to the ship. Either something wasn't installed properly, which is possible afterall, or... his mind raced with the possibility that someone may have deliberately sabotauged the field generators but that was something he wasn't going to speak of right now since he had no proof.

Silently, however, he asked Charisma to inspect all of the logs of anyone who had access to the stealth systems and may have done any kind of work on them, or anyone who may have been close to the systems in general.

Lounge

"That sounds great!" Konoka smiled, munching a candy and offering Akemi one as well. "And I love your new outfits. Oh, and I'll help you learn to sing and dance better, if you'd like." Konoka was excited....she'd never had a friend with such similiar interests before. "Yay, let's go, Akemi-Hei!" she smiled chipperly, heading for her room.

Seeing Hakujou out of the corner of her eye, Konoka called to her, "I think there's a present under the tree for you, as well, Hakushi-Juni! You should go look if you haven't already!" She then continued to skip towards her quarters merrily.

Bridge

As Hanako sat on the bridge, she reviewed the final logs of the Sakura, reliving the moments where they had rescued Empress Yuumi from Eve's stronghold and lost the Sakura to the SMX. She had given her power armor to Yuumi and just before the armor teleported out, she had been shot and fell to the ground. It was a real possibility that her old body was captured. Still, she couldn't help but wonder if this was a trap by Melisson.

"What is the status on the cargo transfer?" Hanako asked.

- - -

Engineering

MEGAMI said that the stealth system was working both in the hull and CFS, although both were only at around 85% to 95% efficiency due to leftover minor damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…