• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 16.1] Hanako's World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wardroom

As Bors was thinking about what to bring on leave, his train of thought was abruptly derailed by the irresistible force that was Konoka dragging him though the ship, along with the rest the group he was taking leave with. The next thing he knew he had a ticket in hand and was being led off the ship and through the star port.

Shuttle

Before he knew it Bors was on the shuttle headed for Hanako's World. As he boarded the shuttle he went straight to the back and took a window seat and settled in for the ride and a quick nap, Should try to catch a few winks, I got a feeling that I wont have much time for sleep during the next three days.

Shuttle

Tomomi changed into her duty uniform the first chance she gotten after retrieving her sad looking duffel bag. But she intended to bring it full on the way back. Once arriving in the passenger section, she took the seat in front of Bors.

Sune made his way to the Transporter, and took a seat on the right side close to wall. He offered the other seats to Cherry for her to choose from. He was content to watch the other crewmembers come on board.

He was unfamiliar with the Transporter, so he did a quick query on his Communicator.

"Riko-Hei, Kurita-Hei, what are your plans when you get to the surface?" he inquired.

Mitsuko's eyes were incredibly wide behind her glasses, as she was lead off the ship. She wasn't a fan of areas this big, especially with this many people. The Neko tried to cling to her roommate as they walked...fixing her gaze longingly on the bookstore, although she'd soon wind up on the shuttle with everyone else. At least this one wasn't as crowded, or dangerous, as the last few she'd ridden on.

Shuttle

Once the crew finished loading into the Tenba-class shuttle, they were given a smooth and fast ride to a spaceport just outside the capital city, New Kyoto. As the door opened, a gust of warm air blew into the transport. It was very bright and sunny and around 27Β° C (81Β° F) with a mild breeze going and from here they could smell the pristine seas nearby. The city was built flat on a heavy stone foundation near the shore and at the base of rising hills that sloped upward into the small continent’s central mountain range. The buildings here were made in a traditional Japanese theme, with dark lacquered wood frames and white walls, and shops were denoted with hanging signs. Sidewalks and roads were made of smooth, perfectly-fitted stone slabs of prodigious size, and the local people were dressed minimally, with loincloths or short skirts and loose aloha shirts and bikini tops.

Hanako waved to those traveling elsewhere and led the way out of the transport, stopping at a large fountain between the shuttle lot and the city streets.

Sune stepped out of the Transporter, and took a moment or two to take in the view. The planet was just as wonderful as it was when he first set foot on it. He spotted Hanako near the fountain and walked over. He did not approach Hanako, but rather the side of the fountain. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a .5 KS coin. He closed his eyes, and tossed it into the air. It was only when he heard it it the water with a soft kerplunk that he opened his eyes.

He then turned to Hanako and gave a slight nod of his head. "Have a pleasant Shore Leave Hanako-San." He said before walking off to join Cherry. "Jalen-San, what were you doing by the fountain. "

"My adoptive family had a tradition when they came upon a fountain for the first time. They would make a wish and toss a coin in. The theory was that the ritual would bring about good luck. I don't know the origin of the practice. But in memory of them, I felt it was right to do so." he replied.

"I secured a Zephyr for our journey to the Temple. I own one that is stored on Kyoto. So this will be a chance to actually check one out. If you like, you can drive for part of the way." He said with a grin.

Landing Area

"I have to get some clothes," Hanako told Sune, heading for the car rental place. Near Sune's sleek sports hovercar was a Big Cat minivan Hanako had rented for the shopping trip. "I like the black coats, but this place is too hot for them! It is useful the new regulations allow us to forgo them," Hanako commented. She put her suitcase into the back of the van. "Come on, Ramiro," she grinned, looking forward to building a civilian wardrobe again.

Landing Area

"Coming ma'am!" Ramiro called out as he jogged after Hanako, one of the last ones to exit the Transporter. He had a duffel bag slung over his shoulder, already stuffed half full of his belongings. Tossing his stuff into the van next to Hanako's Ramiro climbed into the passenger seat and buckled himself in.

Heading to the shuttle

AS Misato Suzume walked from the ship to the shuttle she noticed her roommates discomfort, before she knew it Mitsuko was clinging to her arm. She knew they were of the same rank but Suzume had gone on one more mission then her new roommate, so she felt responsible for her younger neko. "Dear the trick, that I find works, is to stare at the feet of the person ahead of you as you cross a large area like this. I hate this environments also, not as much as atmo-reentry but still it is hard."

Shuttle

She found some seats in the back of the shuttle so that Helen, Mitsuko, and her self could seat all together. As the shuttle flew down to the surface of the planet she gritted her teeth while trying to keep a neutral look on her face.

Planet Surface

"Well Ma'am where should we head first?" She tried to continued addressing Helen with the fact that she was a much higher ranking officer.

Mitsuko was thankful for her roommate's help, taking her advice and trying not to look up at the crowded area too much. She was also glad Misato didn't seem to mind being clung to. "...I don't mind going up or down in the shuttles. It's being...out there that worries me. It's too big and open and empty..." She shivers at the thought.

Landing Area

Murakami kept a tight grip on her duffel as she exited the shuttle with the others. Once again, she found it hard to keep from staring at everything around her. There was too much going on, too many possible places to go. She managed to focus her attention on the other two Neko she was travelling with, brow furrowing as she frowned. "...it's too hot." She sniffed. "...and it smells."

As they got off the shuttle Natsumi was all wide eyes, almost unable to take in everything around her. This was her first time in a civilian environment and it was not what she had anticipated. She made sure to stick close to Konoka, Bors and Tomom as they moved away from the shuttle. It would not have been good to get lost right away on their shore leave

Eucharis

Helen was glad to see that her two travel companions, while apparently a bit skittish, were also eager to get going on their vacation, and surely enough, the trio of them made their way off the ship, as Helen mostly filled the part of herding them along into their new environment. "I'm sure you two will both do fine. Your sword seems fine enough, but perhaps store it in the hotel room later, if you decide to go swimming or to an entertainment venue, it may be somewhat distracting or cumbersome." Helen advised, as they left the ship.

Station and Shuttle

As the group made their way onto the station, Helen looked through the transparent gangway, and to the Eucharis. As she looked, she released a soft whistle, impressed by how much the little ship had been forced into. Inwardly, she wondered if it was cost efficient to repair and replace when so much work was clearly needed, of course, that was why they were able to enjoy their leave time, because the deciding factor between saving the ship and replacing the ship was time.

Once they were passing along to the transport, Helen briefly darted away from the group for only a moment as she approached a kiosk, swiped her KS card, and then darted back to the group. As she walked along with everyone, she put on her purchase; a pair of titanium framed aviator sunglasses with a rose colored tint to the lenses. As she walked, she overheard the comforting advice from Misato to Mitsuko. "What helps me is curling my toes, like little fists, at least during transit." Helen spoke, sounding ever casual, yet serious on the matter, as they approached the transport.

Once they were aboard the transport shuttle, she sat down with her two traveling companions, as she used her built-in communications to bring up travel related information. Weather data, points of interest, eateries with favorable reviews, and with the data she went about creating an overlay which she would be able to place over her field of vision. When Helen was done, she figured what she had put together was tourism on easy-mode.

As Helen put together her travel guide, she looked to her companions, and could not help but to feel for them. They were fresh and young, vulnerable, unsure, and they needed to have a good experience on a planet for once. What she knew they needed, were fond memories, of what they worked so hard to keep safe. Though, while looking to her travel companions, she could not help but to notice the stress which one of them was under as the shuttle was in descent.

"Misato, don't worry, re-entry is only a big fuss because of molecules of air and the exterior of a ship or shield creating friction between each other, and reaching temperatures of one-thousand-two-hundred-sixty degrees Celsius. Compare that to a plasma weapon, that reaches twenty-five-thousand degrees Celsius. This transport is equipped with a CFS shield generator, which has a military-grade damage tolerance. What I'm getting at, is that there is nothing to be worried about. More so, if something does go wrong, you won't have time to worry and you'll wake up nice and cozy in a medical bay." As Helen finished speaking, she smiled softly, sympathetic and supportive despite the entirely rational statement which she hoped would calm Misato.

Planetside

Eventually, the shuttle did touch down safely, and it led Helen to say simply; "See? I told you, nothing to worry about." She assured her travel companion, before they disembarked. As she stepped out into the open air, Helen took in a deep breath as she looked up to the sky and could not help but to have a genuine smile part her lips. I wonder why I ever go above such a lovely thing. she mused at the trick of sunlight and water-vapor. Helen pulled her head out of the clouds, as she looked to her young travel companions.

"You'll be encountering a lot of different smells here, most of them will be pleasant, if you let them be." Helen spoke, as she reached into a pouch on her belt, before producing her copy of their travel papers. "We have to catch our transfer, we have passes for the transport shuttle to the transit station near the beach, that is where we'll be renting our air-bikes." Helen explained, as she brought up her tourist-friendly overlay, and pointed in the direction of one of the shuttle pads, and the shuttle that was on it. "Over there." she spoke, before leading the way to the shuttle.

"Mm, and one more thing." Helen spoke as they walked; "We're on vacation, try to relax. Have an open mind, let yourself be submerged in the experience of being somewhere new. I'll be here to watch over you to make sure you'll be okay, so no worries, alright?" With those words, Helen felt a bit more at ease herself.

Helen's guidance eventually led into the beach-bound shuttle, where she led her companions to their seats, as they would wait for any other passengers, before the shuttle would take off, and complete the quick and easy trip to the beach, where they would be dropped off near the air-bike rentals and the boardwalk. During transit though, Helen did want to assure the pair about something of importance; "If we do happen to get separated for any reason, do not hesitate to use our built-in communications to get in touch, and retrieve location data from the network. We each have access to maps and real-time location data, so there won't be much chance of really getting lost." Helen explained to her companions.

Reactions: Wes
Landing Area

Mitsuko was glad there was someone around that seemed perfectly calm about all of this. Helen was obviously older and more experienced than her or Misato, although she couldn't be sure just how much older. A few years, probably? Regardless, she tried to take the advice offered, rubbing at her nose while hoping she'd eventually get used to the strong, salty smell.

As they rode another shuttle, just a quick hop directly to the beach, Murakami suddenly realized something : there was just the three of them, now. They'd split off from the main group to board this shuttle. Since her creation, she hadn't ever really been this far away from a Star Army base or large group of soldiers. Specifically Neko. She seemed nervous again, as they exited the second shuttle, glancing around at all the strange faces. Tourists, locals, workers. Misato found her roommate attached to her side again, the spectacled Neko chewing her lip as she quietly fretted.

Beach bound Shuttle

Helen was such a good choice Misato thought to her self on the way to the beach area. Mitsuko, well hell, she needed someone to look out for so she was glad for her company. she missed the nekos from her training group. they were her sisters, and more she felt they were her charges. Even though she was the same rank and what not with them she always made sure that she watch over them.

Mitsuko was quite an interesting breed, she wondered why the creators of that batch designed her to be so mousy. The sky was bright and almost painful on the eyes, it was only then she noticed Helen wearing the sunglasses. "Ma'am I was wondering, would there be a place to pick up some sunglasses near the bike rentals?" She would have to get some or even better some darkened goggles.

Landing Area

As Bors exited the shuttle he brought his hand up to shield his eyes from the sun. Shoulda bought a pair of sunglasses in the starport He thought taking a look around getting a feel for his surroundings.

"Well this is already turning out to be a good leave great weather, great location," Bors said to Natsumi, Konoka and Tomomi. As he looked around a bit more he saw a couple of local girls in their short shorts and bikini tops, and quickly added "Scenery's great as well"

Shuttle

Takeyu sat and waited, feeling the shuttle and how it descended through the atmosphere and headed for the surface. He half pondered how the vacation would go and hoped that nothing would interrupt it.

Glancing over at Reika, he wondered how the girl might feel about all of this. He relaxed a bit, folding his arms over his chest, and closing his eyes while he listened.

Planetside

Once the shuttle was on the planet, he grabbed his bag and stepped out, waiting a bit for Reika before heading over to the shuttle that would take them to the beach and boarding it as well - just a bit behind Helen before and took a seat. "When we get to the hotel," he started saying to Reika, "we can figure out our plans even further."

Tenba Transporter - Docked

Once her luggage was stowed away, Reika took a seat in the passenger apartment and waited patiently as people boarded and she waited for the rest of the crew to arrive. When Takeyu entered at took a seat, Reika briefly flashed the officer a hesitant smile, before leaning back and waiting for the transporter to take the group down to the planet below.

Tenba Transporter - Planetside

Once the ship set down, Reika waited for the pilot to give the all clear for the passengers to take their bags and vacate the vehicle. Once she retrieved her gear, the neko left the ship and spotted her partner Takeyu already waiting ahead of her. Reika entered the shuttle headed for the beach with him, sitting down beside him.

Takeyu said:
"When we get to the hotel," he started saying to Reika, "we can figure out our plans even further."
The neko responded with a soft, smiling nod. "I'll be nice to be pampered a little and rest in a nice, comfy hotel room..." the neko added.

Landing Area

Coming off the transport with her sad looking duffel bag over her left shoulder, Tomomi looked around. She was silent for most of the time before Bors spoke. "Why don't you just howl at the scenery too while you are at it." She said crossing her arms. "Where to first?"

Landing Area

Hanako waved to the other Eucharis crew and got in the passenger seat of the van. β€œWould you drive?” she asked Ramiro.

Once Ramiro was in the van seated next to him, she became especially serious for a moment and told him, β€œRamiro, the reason we are travelling in pairs and groups is for safety. The Eucharis and I are potential political targets. I was once kidnapped in the middle of downtown Kyoto of all places, so we have to stay vigilant so something like that does not happen again. I want you to keep your eyes on me, okay? Stay close to me.” She gave his arm a little squeeze.

With that, they were headed into the city.

Shuttle
On the shuttle, Konoka grabbed a seat with her group. She couldn't stop grinning.

Planetside
"Aw, Kurita- san, be nice," pouted Konoka semiseriously at Tomomi after the "howling" comment. "As for where to, there's a cute shop I went to last time where we can get some nice civilian clothes. After we're in them, I thought we'd hit the beach. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…