• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 3.0] Pickets and Surveys

Status
Not open for further replies.
GENUS Medbay

Hikaru shifted his position on the bed to one that was more comfortable. "Certainly, I can imagine you have lots of questions. If you hold off on them until I finish my report, I will answer any that you still have.

Oh, a VCMAD-Land drone will be returning to the medbay shortly. Its my way of getting around the ship and unarmed so I would appreciate no one shooting it."

Hikaru looked around spotted Josea and smiled briefly.

"You must be with the Aeon, since I see Gustav-San is with you. Sorry, been a while since I have had someone other than the MEGAMI to talk with.

The GENUS was part of an expedition to the Sairen System, which your ship explored.

Before we could arrive the expedition was ordered to return to the closest Yamatai safe port. The expedition leader ordered the ships to return to the Yamatai system at best speed. Our CDD system failed enroute due to our running it a max for longer than recommended. We could not keep up with the other ships, so we told them to continue and we were going to look for a planet to land and effect repairs.

We detected this star system and limped along at 40% speed and found this planet. From orbit it appeared to be the perfect safe haven. We dispatched two shuttles to see if there were any signs of intelligent life, and or enemy forces." Hikaru paused for a moment to take a sip out of the cup on the stand next to his position.

"You can imagine our excitement when the survey teams reported extensive ruins, and no sign of enemy or any active settlements. So Captain Fujita ordered us down to the surface.

We knew it was going to take time for the techs to repair the engines and we decide to let the expedition members setup a camp and start exploring the ruins. We thought it was a win-win situation, but ultimate it was the start of the nightmare.

The Scientists discovered a cavern about 5 km north of here, and they found a massive intact complex, a giant computer facility. Their poking around apparently woke it up. They learned that it was built by a race of humans centuries ago, and that it was designed to help with all aspects of their lives. It was called the Intellicus.

A few days after Intellicus woke up, things started going wrong. We found one of our survey groups unconscious and unresponsive. We sent a medical team to check them and bring them back. They vanished, along with the survey team. We conducted a search on the ground and in the air and could not find them.

They had been possessed, but we did not know that at the time. We instituted security procedures, everyone traveled in pairs or larger groups. But more people vanished.

Then we discovered the culprits...." He said pointing to two glass specimen containers. The containers had two examples of large insects, one brown and the other blue.

"Those are deactivated. They are not actual insects, but small machines designed to look like insects. The brown ones are the real danger. They inject a drug into their victim which puts them in a coma like state, then they enter the body and attach to the spinal column. When the person awakes many of them have entered and take control of the body. The hostile people you encountered are members of the crew and expedition. They are controlled by the Intellicus.

They are in a living hellish existence, their minds are free but they have no control over their body. And the Intellicus after time can access their memories. Some of our crew are telepathic and they reported what they could over time.

The Intellicus wants the GENUS so that it can move its consciousness to another planet and take it over. It also has control of the planetary weapon systems its creators made.

Captain Fujita and I were the last two, so we made an attempt to destroy the Intellicus. We went to it with the intent to blow up the cavern and it with it. We were ambushed, and they dragged the Captain out of the LUT.

I came back here and barely made it into the GENUS safely. Loss my cybernetic legs when the airlock slammed shut on them.

Since then its been a stalemate, I have monitored their activities, and kept them from getting the ship. But I don't have the skills to finish the repairs to the engines. And I don't dare launch for fear of them shooting the GENUS down." Hikaru stopped and waited for questions.

Kyoka bowed once the man introduced himself, not wanting to be rude to a superior officer. Once he began speaking, however, she began recording the conversation to pass on to the command above. Wow, sounds like something out of a horror movie. The Neko thought as she listened on.

Pausing a moment to send a message on*, Kyoka shuffled down the wall as Arkase directed, presumably to allow him more room to stand. She then asked Hikaru, "So, is this ship still able to fly?"

*The message reads as follows, sent to Ise Katae.
Code:
Ise-Taisa
We have made contact with the XO of the Genus, and have found out some information that might be of importance. I have enclosed a recorded sound file with this message.
Tsubei-hei
Attatched - Hikaru.aac

GENUS Medbay

Hikaru smiled, "Yes, the GENUS can fly. Atmospheric systems, STL drives and Hyperdrive are functional. The CDD is still offline. The GENUS requires more than one person to operate it, which is why even if I wanted to risk trying to leave I couldn't.

Her weapon systems are operational, but we can not use the weapon pods to attack Intellicus. It will EMP anything that gets flies close too it. I sent a VCMAD-A to recon the area and it was shot down. To be honest I would hate to think about it getting a hold of that tech."

At that moment a VCMAD-T came rolling into the Medbay, the top of a chair attached to it. "Ah, I see my ride has arrived.

Sho and I captured one of the possessed and brought them to the medbay. The data showed that by the time the implants have complete control, they are too integrated into the brain and nervous system to remove.

The resources of the GENUS and myself are at your disposal."

----------------------------------------------------

Eun-Kyung's target spasmed a few times involuntarily, but otherwise was still.

----------------------------------------------------
AEON Engineering

Hisa looked with dismay at the system status screens. She dialed up the bridge on the intercom, "Engineering to bridge, I have red lights on systems on the pylons, specifically the auxiliary engines, and the particle accelerator cannons. I am going to head down and survey the damage first hand."

MEDBAY

Yani and Sunflower approached the medbay from two different directions. They had to put out fires just to get to the hatchway. The hatch to the medbay was lying on the floor of the deck bent and twisted by the force of the blast. They looked around the room at the devastation. They eventually found Kim's under some of the debris, her Mindy having taken most of the force of the blast. Its surface was pitted and scoured by flames and debris. They opened her helmet and found no pulse.

Aeon, the Genus is apparently operable. Genus appears secure. One survivor. Orders on how to proceed?

"Could you wait a moment? I'm contacting my superiors on how to proceed." Arkase said, watching the VCMAD's progress.

He wondered quietly how Nakano had survived on his own. Arkase would have driven himself mad with "what might have been" by now.

"You said Genus' MEGAMI was operable?"

GENUS MEDBAY

Hikaru smiled, "Yes, Miki is fully operational. We had to shut down incoming radio communications to her because Intellicus kept trying to hack into her. Say hello Miki."

From the speakers in the Medbay came a sultry female voice, "Greetings Star Army personnel. All of my functions are operating within normal parameters. How may I be of service?"

Seeing her prisoner twitch, but otherwise appear unconscious, Eun-Kyung decided she couldn't wait any longer. Glancing at the prone Yamataian one more time, she spent a moment arbitrarily selecting a new target to pursue. She finally decided on the one that had broken off right and launched into a run. Crashing through the underbrush, she reached out with her sensors, trying to track down the target again. She also considered simply activating her CFS and scanning from above but decided that for the moment the risk of drawing hostile fire was too great.

Trampling a particularly large bush, she opened her comms again. “O'Kutsuu-Hei, please respond.”

GENUS MEDBAY

AEON to Oshiro-Heisho
Glad to hear you found a survivor and that the GENUS is operational. Have reviewed information provided.

Aeon sustained damage to medbay and our Pylon systems are currently offline. We are working on repairs. Shina Kim-Hei was killed in the explosion/

Priority Task - Neutralize Intellicus

a) Utilize what resources the Genus and the survivor have to neutralize this Intellicus.

b) Suggest that after you have neutralized this computer threat, that you take the Genus into orbit to dock with the AEON.

c) Genus while a valuable resource safety of the crew comes first, if necessary sacrifice the ship.

d) If you have to sacrifice the Genus, be sure to download all pertinent data on this planet and its species. We can use the Vigilant to retrieve the Away team if the defense network is disabled.

Ise-Taisa

Kame *cursed* herself pulled up her rifle and quickly dashed after the east most one, to the Shoi's left from back the direction they game. Her instinct was to attempt to shoot his legs, but the Shoi had said no firing, which included using pistols on stun.

Slowly she ran after the Yamataian; however, because her suit was still slightly tight, her gait was more of rapid struggling hobble of much cursing. Ruffling in her bag, she looked for something to stop the intruder. Quickly she pulled out the first power armor part she could find and threw--- a Shoe. A Shoe!? She thought as she gasped, Who the hell throws a shoe? I mean everyone knows even out-of-shape political leaders can dodge flying shoes.

Kame then swore when she heard a pistol fire on stun and immediately pivoted around with her sniper rifle to make sure the Shoi was ok. Quickly, she realized it was Eun-Kyung that fired she sighed lightly. Picking up a nearby rock, she turned back around threw it as hard as she could at Yamataian. She was so focus as rushed after her prey again that she completely missed the Shoi's first call.

Kame's target went down when the power armor assisted fast ball slammed into the back of its head. It hit the ground and tumbled before it came to a stop.

Trowa took up position near the door and watched the hallway as the XO told his story. Trowa cursed out loud. This was bad, very very bad. And apparently the good news didn't end there. The Aeon was now damaged. Someone's gonna pay for damaging my ship. The Nepleslian pilot thought.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the ship's AI speaking. Trowa grinned and muttered under his breath, "Is that the only reason you turned her off?"

He focused on the task at hand. He was a good fighter, but not as good as the others. Ships were his specialty. He turned to Oshiro-Heisho. "Sir, with your permission, I'd like to go to the bridge and see for myself what kind of shape this ship is in. With the XO's and Miki's help I think I could fly her out of here."

GENUS MEDBAY

Hikaru replied, "I never turned Miki off. Just shut down access to her via radio. Intellicus was becoming rather annoying to her. And to be honest, I needed her company otherwise I would probably have gone crazy here alone. Especially at night.... the nights are the worst."

He lowered himself onto his improvised transport. "Well, if your commander says its okay, I'll instruct Miki to give you access... Do your armors have AI's or computers, if so you might want to keep an eye on them. Intellicus probably may not know what they are, and if it does I wouldn't be at all surprised if it tried to hack them.

The tips of Arkase's fingers went numb. His tongue went dry and began to prickle and itch.

Shina Kim was dead. Given, it wasn't a permanent death -- but what if it had been? What if she had never returned? And it was all his fault.

I shouldn't have left them to fend for themselves. I'm lucky Kame-Hei isn't fragged too. He thought.

He took a breath, and returned to the situation at hand.

"Right." He told Hikaru. "Miki, please send the files mentioned to Gustav-San and I."

To Trowa, Arkase said "Later. The Taisa is ordering us to neutralize Intellicus -- good news for you and Miki, Nakano-San."

Arkase shook his head. He needed to think out a plan of action. He needed to link up with his people by the shuttle. They could salvage the LUT that had fallen from the shuttle in the during the crash landing...

"Alright. We're going to link up with Eun-Kyung-Shoi -- who has landed by the shuttle -- and Kame-Hei. From there we will proceed to the LUT that was spotted in the trees from the crash-site. If it's usable, we'll then make our move against Intellicus. If it's not... We make our move anyway.

The Aeon is under attack, and we don't have time to wait around. We will end this. Quickly."

Code:
Eun-Kyung Shoi, the Away Team is proceeding to your position at the shuttle crash-site.

Ise Taisa has ordered the immediate neutralization of the enemy named 'Intellicus'. I will brief you on any details you may have missed upon arrival.

Recommend we attempt to salvage the LUT viewable from the shuttle crash-site. Then advance immediately upon the enemy's position.

Oshiro Arkase-Heisho

"Nakano-San, could you start warming the Genus up for launch to orbit? We'll be back after Intellicus is dead to help you get your baby back up with her wings under her."

Eun-Kyung ground to a halt. Between O'Kutsuu's continued silence, the faint crashing noise her sensors had picked up behind her - she hoped this was O'Kutsuu doing something, and now the Heisho's comm traffic, charging further away into the undergrowth seemed unwise. She turned and started back towards her prisoner.
Code:
Oshiro-Heisho,

Understood. I will be expecting your element presently. Be advised that I have captured one of the bomber's companions and O'Kutsuu-Hei ought to be attempting to apprehend another. One is evading us in the woods on foot. Perhaps these are agents of this "Intellicus" you describe. The prisoner is at my coordinates. Once secured, I concur that aggressive action to neutralize the threat is in order.

Kim Eun-Kyung Shoi
Coming upon her prisoner, she nudged him in the ribs with her armored boot, trying to gage whether the Yamataian was still unconscious or not. At the same time she opened her local comm up, again. "O'Kutsuu-Hei, we're going to have company. Quit ignoring your comms and respond, now!"

Hikaru considered Arkase's statement. "I will head to the bridge and start pre-flighting the GENUS and go through our launch checklist. But I'll need someone to assist when its time to launch. I can handle atmospheric travel alone, but not STL and FTL." The VMCAD-T he was sitting on started heading to the door when he motioned for it to stop.

"Sir, you might want to visit our Armory, and the Vehicle bay. Most of our armory equipment is still present, plus we picked up some salvage equipment that I think is more suited to your needs.

We still have an unarmed ESTV and a LUT in storage." He motioned for the vehicle to resume. "Miki grant the Star Army personnel access to the armory." he said aloud as he moved down the hall.

Satisfied with timely assistance of her new rock friend, Luca the 5th, Kame approached her target's neck, which she carefully injected with a dose of her pistol on stun at point-blank range. Using available stretcher and poles in the first aid kit, the engineer lashed together small travois. The basic construction consisted of a platform or netting mounted on two long poles, lashed in the shape of an elongated isosceles triangle; the frame was dragged with the sharply pointed end forward. She then tied up his arms and legs with a cable before dragging very carefully his body onto the travois.
As she took her standard power armor-issued cutting implement to slice away at the Yamataians clothing to his boxers, the engineering briefly glanced away at the Shoi, who had started chasing the other bandit. As she turned back to her business to stripping the body and scanning it, she heard Eun-Kyung call a second time, but does not notice how it ended suddenly with static. Kame replied in a soft voice, “Roger Eun-Kyung, I have managed to subdue my target and am--… !?”. The Engineer broke off as she noticed an all-too-familiar deep gash in the man’s stomach. “Oh Sticks!”, Kame responded not hearing the spasms of the dead static across the line as she worked.
_______
The Engineer backed away slowly as she whipped out an issued medical scanner and scanned her target attempting to discern what kind of bomb was inside the bound male’s lower abdomen. As she scanned, she noticed the unusually large amount of static and realized that something must of happened to her suit’s communications. She quickly attempted at patch repair by taking out her communicator patching into a portion of a lines along her shoulder that connected her Mindy’s array to the mic and the speakers. Finally she heard the Shoi (a third time), she waved at her Shoi to call the officer, “Eun-Kyung are you there!? Sorry, something must have gone wrong with my suits communication systems. I’ve managed to subdue my target, but I suspect that he may be armed with an explosive!” Kame double-checked her reading from the medical scanner after finding some kind of metallic object inside the unconscious, naked individual. “Hu'tegh!! Yeah I am positive this Yamatain’s wired-hot. We do not happen to have another demolitions expert on the Aeon or in the away team… Do we!? In fact, I am will to bet good money that if my person’s armed either the first one you took down or one you chasing is armed too. Chances are that whoever, put these explosives in probably used the exact same ordinance. While I can certainly improvise here and there, I like to have someone with more demolition experience to hopefully ID.” Kame was hesitant to extract the bomb without the Shoi’s input. After all, she was no black heavily accented Cyclops with a drinking problem. “I mean should a try to extract this thing or put this guy out of his misery with a controlled explosion!?” She finished.

Trowa looked down the hall again; making sure it was still clear then said to Arkase, "Sir, I'm not a foot soldier. I'm a pilot. I think that I'd do more good here than in the field." Cocky Nepleslian though he was, Trowa was honest enough with himself when other's lives were at stake. "Besides sir," he persisted. "If we can get this ship operational, we could use its weapons to blow Intellicus up. At the very least the ships activity would be a distraction. It could possibly allow you to get in close."

Trowa activated his privet channel so the next thing he said would only be heard by Arkase. "Sir, if what Nakano-San said is true about Intellicus possibly being able to hack computers, even personal ones, then I'm in trouble." He pointed to his head where his implants were. "Not that I believe this thing could hack me, but it's a risk I think you should consider, Sir."

Arkase resented his orders being questioned by the Hei, but he made a good point about the hacking -- and the fact that he was a starship operator and not an infantryman by vocation. Yet Arkase needed his rifle.

"No." He told Trowa dead-pan.

Arkase then turned to Hikaru. "We'll be happy to use your Armory and LUT. Thank you, Nakano-San. Once Intellicus is destroyed, we'll be back to help you launch the Genus. For now, though, I need every single body I can get to the firing line. There are potentially dozens of hostiles we'll have to cut through to reach Intellicus."

"Now, all of you with me. We're stopping by the Armory and then taking the LUT Nakano-San offered before heading out to the XO. We need to move quickly."

That said, Arkase hustled to the Armory to outfit his team.

Attempted to jump up an down, try to further get the Shoi's attention. In hindsight, she regretted not taking the free "Demolitions 1046: How to blow shit up" course at the Academy. Sighing she suspected that the only course of action was put the Yamataian out of his misery. Making made sure her sniper rifle was armed, she quickly glanced around for a spot to fire safely from. She was going to however to wait for the Shoi's ok.

Asine nodded, following along behind Arkase as they headed for the medbay. He was keeping his mouth shut about how suspicious all of this seemed to him for the moment, if only because he didn't have any proof of his theories, yet. He wasn't sure he agreed with the plan to head out just with themselves and a truck; after all, why go on foot when they had an armed ship right here, and a pilot who could fly it? It seemed as though the whole plan was shaky to him.

“You will address me with the respect owed my rank!” snapped Eun-Kyung. She was annoyed, frustrated, upset with herself, the situation, and the engineer. Hearing herself referred to by her given name, with no rank, no honorific of any sort, was enough to push her over the edge.

“And if your prisoner is secure, then get the hell away from him. Shina-Hei was hit by surprise. You should know better. Just get back and keep watch. Oshiro-Heisho is bring the rest of the away team back here shortly, and I don't want you to fire any warning shots at them.” She paused, checking her scan data, before continuing quietly. “And we will discuss your comms situation later.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back