• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 3.2] - Beginnings and Recoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saki was happily nomming on. She was tasting one food after another safely grading and at deciding which she is going to keep for the end. So far noodles were pretty much the same she ate at the training facilities, miso soup and rice was very good though. So were the fishes.

She was sitting ther holding onigiri with plum inside in one hand and small fish by chopsticks in second comparing the two. THen suddenly someone sit across the table fron ther and spoke to her. She quickly scanned tall Yamataian in front of her. There was nothing so special about him, except the heigt. And he was same rank, so she did not have to worry so much about being disrespectful.

During this analyse she still had small fish in her mouth, as she freezed in middle of eating. She quickly put food down and nodded to person in front of her. His sentence was pretty open, so she was going to be open too. "Ussualy I put it in my mouth, then chew it and swallow it. You do something different with food?" She asked him back with soft smile on her face.

Takamori laughed. She had an excellent repartee, whether she had meant it to be or not. "That's as good an answer I'll get today I expect. Can I join you?" This little neko seemed to be a fun sort of person.

"You probably won't have to deal with my silly questions after today. I join my ship tomorrow." He was fishing, in a way, for answers. Takamori had not seen a ship patch on her uniform like other members of the Kyoten. Dang-juni had mentioned others bound for the Aeon. But then, maybe there were others waiting to transfer to other ships. The chances of this one neko on the same ship as him were miniscule.

"Sure, sit down." Saki replied and finished her little fish. She wondered what kind of fish that was. She then pointed her attention back to person in front of her. "Well I am waiting for my ship too. Although I am a little nervous, because I will have to go through interview with Taisa." She said then.

He smiled and sat down across from her. "Santo Hei Saito Takamori. You are?" he introduced himself. He took a pair of chopsticks and began eating his food as well. A piece of fish found its way into his soup then up into his mouth.

Saki slightly bowed saying ", Santo Hei Arai Saki." She had few more bites from the various foods on her table. They were all very tasty and begain to dissappear from the tray quite fast.

Determined not to be outdone, Takamori shoveled the rest of his vegetables and rice down. "So, which ship are you waiting for?" he asked between breaths and chewing.

He began working on polishing off his fish and noodles. Then he'd go for seconds. The line had shrunk so he could go through the food line much faster than the first time. Plus, there were some meats and desserts he hadn't even seen.

Fabrication Area

A black haired Yamataian wearing a Work Uniform with red panels approached Yoshiro, "Tanaka-Hei, looking to change to red panels there Infantry? Hey we can always use an extra pair of hands. I am Ogawa Daisuke-Nitô Juni the Shift Supervisor. You can work over at Station 2, my technician for that is up in Medical giving birth. Follow me."

He then turned and walked over the station and waited.

Saki swallowed what she just bit and answered. "If everythin will go okay I will be on board of YSS Aeon." She said with hint of pride in her voice. Well she was pride, she moved through the basic training, completed final exams at Fort Ready to certain extents and of course she still needed to make through the inteview, but she felt like realy soldier already.

Takamori almost choked on his soup. After coughing for a few moments, he cleared his throat and said, "I'm bound for the Aeon too! Fort Ready... Space Infantry as well? First assignment?"

This was great! Someone else who was bound for the Aeon! Now, Takamori did not feel so bad about it. At least he would know Arai-san rather than going in completely cold.

Saki would cheered up after hearing that. "That is great Saito-san!" She said and smiled. She was happy that she won't be only new person on the ship. Save for Yoshiro, but she disliked him for now so he did not count. "And yes as you can see from my uniform I am with infantry too." She answered second question.

Yoshiro bowed to the Nito Juni and followed him to the station that he walked to. "Still going infantry sir. Just want to feel useful and help out while I am here." He said with a smile. "I just want to feel like I did before I joined up. Like I mean something rather than being a loser like I was when I was younger. Whatever I do I want to do my best and be the best that I can be. I always worked with my dad so I feel I can be of some help here."

He thought about his past and how he had hurt people with his actions. He stole, bullied and basically was a disease to society. Things changed when his younger siblings were born and he wanted to be an example. "So what should I do sir? I wouldn't want to mess anything up as I am sure that you would kill me if I did." He said and waited for instructions.

"Its pretty straight forward. These AMTC units are completely modular. The system will provide the parts over there." Daisuke said pointing. "This datapad has the instructions for assembly. Just take your time, doublecheck every connection and joint. After all, this machine may save your life some day.

When you are ready, hit the start button on the fabricator. If you run into a problem, just give me a holler."

Takamori finished his food. "I'm going to get more. How about you, Arai-san?" He eyed the much shorter line and the many hot foods he had not yet tried. Certainly, he had eaten a lot by normal standards but considering how few and far between hot meals were, this seemed like the best time to be frivolous.

Saki smiled and stood up. "Well I guess I can get some desert now that I full," she said and giggled. "I need to thin about my figure you know," she joked then and smiled some more.

He laughed. "Arai-san, you are thin as a pencil! More food is healthy for you! Our bodies need some fat; in case we get low on rations and have nothing else to survive on," Takamori half joked. He did not expect to ever have to use those kinds of survival techniques.

"If anyone ought to watch their weight, it's me. If I'm not careful, I'll end up being double your weight!"

"Got it, Ogawa-Juni." He said and then press the button to start the building process. Yoshiro looked at the datapad and started to attach the parts for a Ke-J1-E3102. He attached the emergency power supply first, making sure that the part fit where it was supposed to.

He checked the connection to make sure that it was secure and made sure to tighten up the nuts and bolts. After he did that, he took the scanner bed and fixed it to the position where it belonged. He then placed a Detachable Paitent platform to the top of the scanner bed and made sure to check to and see if it was easily removable.

After an hour he had finished the first module, the intergrated Decontamination system, medical equipment unit and the containment field systems having given him a bit of trouble. He made sure to test them and having seen them work he called Ogawa back. "Ogawa-Juni, I know that it took me a while but does this look good to you. I made sure of the connection and everything but since you know more about this I wanted to run this by you, sir." He said and waited for Ogawa's opinion.

Daisuke came over from one of the other stations, "Okay, let me take a look at it." The supervisor got down and opened the various panels, checking connections, and bolts for proper torque. He used a small inspection lamp to illuminate areas deeper in the unit. From time to time he would make alternating sounds of "hmmm", "ahh".

After a bit Daisuke stood back up and hooked up his diagnostic unit and had it run the higher level of checks than the integrated ones performed.

Once it completed is diagnostics he looked at the results, then turned to Yoshiro, "No too bad there Infantry. You might make a technician yet. Except for one small problem. You put the Detachable Patient Platform in the wrong way. You put the top where the bottom should be and vice verse."

Daisuke waited a moment, and then a broad grin spread across his face. "Nah, you did just fine. The DPP goes in either way, its reversible like that."

Saki suddenly got serious and looked at Saitou. "Luckily I can eat people if we get to situation where no rations would be avalaible. It would not be cannibalism in my case after all." SHe said and looked straightly into his eyes. She was of course joking, but he could not know that. She was betting a lot that his knowledge of Nekos is not very wide. And she wanted to see what kind of face he will make.

Takamori blinked for a second, processing what she had said. Then laughed. "Well, thanks for the warning!" If she was really being serious, Saito was not sure he liked the idea of the Nekos as much as he used to. But then, if she was pulling his leg, she was really good at it.

"Know anyone else bound for the Aeon?" he asked, trying to switch subjects.

Yoshiro looked a bit confused as to what he was talking about but then realized that Ogawa-Juni was joking. "I am glad that I did a good job sir. I wouldn't want this to fail when it is needed most." Yoshiro said with a smile as he started work on another module for the AMTC. "So Ogawa-Juni, what made you choose this job?" He asked , curiosity evident in his voice. He continued working on another Ke-J1-E3102 as he waited for the answer.

He knew why he served. He wanted to protect those that he loved and cherished more than life itself. He wanted to fight so that others may live. Even if he were sent to the most distant planet in Yamatai space he would do his duty. He remembered his time in Fort Ready and the training he did there.

He remembered the graduation excercise and how he had gotten the team killed trying to stop an simulated enemy from destroying the ship. He felt guilty about it as the pain that nagged at him about it continued to eat away at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back