• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 3.2] - Beginnings and Recoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saki smiled with him, when replied on her gruesome comment. "Ah you are no fun, you looked right through me." She said and laughed some more. It looked like this Saito is pretty fun to be aroun. Well she know him only for few minutes, but so far he is fun. Well he can he as fun as he was, but if he is fail as a soldier... well let'S hope he is not.

He then asked about any other Aeon-bound soldiers. "Well yeah," she replied. Her face got a little sadder suddenly. "Yes there is one from my Fort Ready class. He is heading to Aeon too." She said and stopped. She did not like Yoshiro and she did not want to talk about him.

Daisuke smiled, "Well, growing up I was always taking things apart to see how they worked. Much to the dismay of my parents. I cost them a fair amount of credits replacing or repairing what I tinkered with. When I was in Secondary School I took every shop class they had, and would check out all the technical books I could find in the library.

So when I decided to join the Star Army, it just seemed to make sense that I would become a tech. After all, the military gets the newest tech first.

So why did you choose infantry?"

Takamori laughed. "No, I decided to bet you were joking but you did have me going!" Then she answered his question.

"Okay." It was all he could manage. The slight change in her made it obvious that this was not a topic to be broached yet. Quietly, he ladled a brown, strong smelling soup into his bowl. It wasn't a fish soup so it had probably used a meat stock like beef or pork.

"Well, if you ever want an explosive solution to a problem, let me know. That's what I do. Blow things up. Though, I have been told I have a sharp tongue. You have a specialty? Or just here to see what the rest of us taste like?"

Saki was happy that the topic has changed. "Well I don't really have any specialization. As every other infantry I was trained in using weapons, including swords and knives. I can kill human with my bare hands, but I expect the same from you the. Except for that I am schooled driver, I even got quick course about mecha. Well and I am trying to lear to be gunsmith, since all kind of weapons interests me." She replied with the smile. Of course her knowledge of mecha was limited, since SAoY did not use any, but her basic training facility bought an Ashigaru from Origin. They probably wanted their people to ready to face them. Origin could start selling them to everyone at one point.

Yoshiro thought about what Daisuke asked. "I wanted to protect the ones that are dear to me and make sure that the enemies that we face do not threaten them and all that we stand for. Besides that, I feel that I owe Yamatai itself a great debt. I wasn't always a good person." He said "I used to steal and cause people some grief. I always thought that I was better than everyone else but when my brother and sister were born I felt that I needed to be a better example."

He smiled at the memory and continued to speak. "Once I was old enough and had a chance I joined up and here I am. Just like you though, my parents told me that it wasn't a good idea. They thought I was rebelling against them but I convinced them that I was not and that I actually wanted to serve the empire that has honestly given me so much." Yoshiro said proudly. "I guess the only reminder of my youth is the scar i gave myself. I always thought that it would make me look cool but now it reminds me that there are always better things to be or something like that."

"Well that sounds like a pretty good reason to sign-up. Once you complete this unit, it will be end of our shift. We will be off until 0700 tomorrow. If you are bored you can come back down and work with us." Daisuke said, and he walked away to check on the progress of the other technicians.

Takamori nodded. "I can see that. Guns are good. But it seems, to me at least, that the best way to ensure your opponent is dead is the use of excessive explosive force," his eyes glazed, thinking about the demolitions courses he had taken. The instructors had always said that he used a little too much. What they did not know was that he had deliberately used too much every time. Except when the times when precision mattered.

"Still, not like I want to blow everything up. Joined up to protect the Empire, meet new people, see cool places. That kind of thing."

Saki smiled at the Saito. "Well if you wanted to really experience new thing you should have been borned a neko!" She said to him and set her elbows on the table. "I mean I am on this world whole three months and everything is so new. For example all this food, we didn't eat like this at basic training. This is amazing. Also this station! Did you know it has park? And even swimming pool. I want to go there before Aeon arrives!" She said. SHe looked like little nepleslian kid who was let on firing range with permition to fire any gun she wants. Even the big ones.

This little neko reminded Taka of his sister. Unconsciously, he smiled. It would, however, be a terrible mistake to think of her like his naive little sister, Tomiko. Arai-san, unlike Tomiko, was capable of killing a lot of people without the slightest hesitation.

"Hey, I grew up on a civilized world for the last twenty years. If I'm finding all of this to be new, you haven't seen anything yet. Like the cliffs back home, with the waves crashing against them while the wind cuts into your skin." That had been the absolute last time he had let his younger siblings drag him to the shores during winter. To their credit, it was as spectacular as they had said - just too cold after more than a minute.

Pool. Sounded relaxing after a meal. "We're on leave. Why not? We can check out the park, walk off lunch then hit the pool. I always wondered if you nekos were as frightened of water as your four legged feline counter-parts. What say you?"

He nodded and finished with his work. After checking that the conncetions were solid and he checked the work he finished up and went to his room. He took a shower and and put on his dress uniform and his sidearm and went out to the recreation area to play some video games and relax.

He played some shooters and thought about his future. Yoshiro had left behind a future uncertain to protect that which he loved. He did not want to be a bad example to his brother and sister, so he resolved to do his best. To do that however he needed to talk Arai-hei and resolve some issues to deal with the problems that he had.

Saki smiled back a at him and raised her palm making a winking smiley on it with her holo-projection. "No worries, I like water alright. Give me a minute first!" She said and stood up.

She noticed new target that just came up from kitchen. It was pudding. Saki was coming back with plate with sweet-sweet jiggly treasure on it. She sat back to her place, her eyes sparkling. "Nyaaaa..." she let out in stunned by the yummy thing in front of her. She raised her spoon and dug in.

He gestured for her to continue. Takamori was happy to wait for her to finish the pudding. His stomach was quite content to digest the food he had already eaten.

Pudding was something he had eaten many times before so it was not quite the treat it must be to Arai-san. "First time with pudding?" he asked conversationally.

Saki was suddenly stunned. She was caught being childish and unprofessional. She never actred like this and it got to her. Hey eyes were circling around the room. In the end she said "Yhesh," with spoon still in her mouth and eyes bashfuly looking at the pudding. Her cheeks red with how much she blushed.

When he heard and saw her embarrassment, Takamori chuckled. Just like his sister. Ah well... "Please, continue enjoying the pudding." He leaned back on his chair. If only all of his military career was like this... alas, it probably would not.

Saki looked at Saito still blushing. "Thank you," she said quietly and had another spoon-full of pudding. "You should get one too, it's rilly tasty." She added and continued to nom.

Takamori waved the suggestion away. "No, no. Eat up - I want to see how big of a park they have. Seems like it would be really difficult to maintain a park in a space station. The amount of water alone..."

He did not want to tell her it probably was not as good as his mother's. That was something else about the Nekovalkyrja. They were made and then thrown into combat. What were they fighting for? Yamataians like him had a vested interest in protecting family and home. The Nekos seemed to be doing because they were programmed to.

Saki ate last spoon of pudding and after a while of destroying a bits of pudding left in a bowl she finished those too. She then looked sadly in an empty bowl before standing up. "Well let's put dishes away and go to the park. It should be up top and rilly big. At least according to Ishi's data." She said to Saito while picking tray with bowls and dished and returning them.

Takamori shot up from his seat after Arai-san had put her dishes away. "Alright, let's go! But if you get stuck up a tree, there are no firemen to come get you! I'd just blow the tree at its base to save you!" he exclaimed, grabbing the Neko's hand and pulling her along.

Then he realised a slight problem. He turned to Saki. "Which way is it?"

Saki just smiled and connected to starbase AI. Her eyes went up and she seemed a little freaky while connected. After few seconds it stopped and she pointed towards one corridor. "It's this way," she said.

Takamori let go, watching with a small amount of confusion at the Neko's change. When she finished and said she knew the way, he shrugged. "Lead the way then, fearless leader."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back