• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 4] The Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead, Midori found Lime, a happy but looking neko sprite with chin-length fluffy bright yellow-green hair and big shiny green eyes. The neko was making midnight snacks for the crew, consisting of cups of banana pudding.

"MEGAMI. Please display the names and destinations of those ships. Cross-reference with the rental of a black van, or a black van being processed through customs."

Yaichiro ordered of the IES.

"Mistress Shosa...the Communicator may or may not have a clue...I believe we should send someone to investigate the site as soon as possible. If not from this ship, then from SAINT via Yui-sama. Note that due to the time factor, such a person could likely not accompany us in any pursuit."

After taking out the ships that left before Hanako's abduction, there were just six ships that had left since then:

YSS Resupply (Yamataian) to Samurai Sector
SS Prostitute (Imperial Nepleslian) to Pisces Station
SS Danger Dancer (Imperial Nepleslian) to Pisces Station
SS Cargo Slut (Democratic Nepleslian) to Nepleslia
SS Superfreak (Imperial Nepleslian) to Halna
NSS Freedom Hawk (Imperial Nepleslian) to Yicuqibu
There were also a number of ships waiting for departure.

There seemed to be no record of the black SUV or van so far.

"Ahh...Ano, is Mango here?" Midori asked, standing in the doorway to the kitchen. She knew better then to enter, most kitchen sprites having a bad attitude about people coming into their domain.

No sign of Apple nor Mango...It was a shame the two were among her more favored sprites.

"Who's that?" Lime asked, confused. She'd never met the cook she'd replaced.

"I want the Imperial ships on the ground checked first." Misaki ordered Yaichiro. "Halt all the vessels on that list that have since left if they're in local space and send a SAINT team to investigate the ones waiting to depart on the planet. Likely we won't find the vehicle because it's already parked on one of the ships."

Sitting in the command seat, she placed the MINDY helmet in her lap. Charisma had a bit of a problem with Cherry's request, and the fact Kurusu hadn't been asked was part of it though when she was informed, she did approve it. There would be time if it mattered later to talk to the sprite about it. The XO had another DAISY of the same type (since that's what Cherry ordered) form after Sasorix-hei's.

"We're going to be boarding. If one of the ships doesn't stop then we bump it up on priority and let the local fleet detain the ones who do." She glanced over at Kage Shosa, a simple curious expression on her face passed for several moments until her gaze went back to the display.

"Understood, Mistress Shosa."

Yaichiro then sent a transmission out to Yui herself.

I have been ordered by the Eucharis's current CO to have SAINT forces inspect the ships which are currently waiting to depart from the planet. She has also ordered that the ships which have left the shipyard where Hanako-Taisa's communicator was found since the time of her capture be stopped if in Yamataian space. We're looking not only for Hanako-Taisa, but the abductors' black van with minor damage from a wooden cart and fruit.

Since I do not command SAINT, obviously, and you have deemed this mission secret; I humbly request that you amend these requests as necessary and send them.

Kage Yaichiro-Shosa
YSS Eucharis

"Request sent to the Mistress Taisho. Do you have any objections to sending a Power Armor to retrieve the communicator if we are checking the ground vessels first?"

Yui said:
Okay, I will have a team immediately go to the spaceport and thoroughly inspect the ships waiting to depart. We can also look for the communicator if you want. As for the ships that left already, most of them seem to have reached their destinations already.

Soon after Valen's DAISY was created, he stripped down to nothing and entered the power armor to get ready. He had already decided on what weapons to wield in the upcoming mission. As the armor closed around him, he felt a shiver run up his spine like he hadn't felt since his academy days.

Taisho Yui-sama,

Three of this ships have reached Star Army outposts in the Samurai Sector and at Pisces. Is it possible to have them searched by personnel at those sites? Also, do we still have a presence available to intervene at Halna?

Kage Yaichiro

Cherry donned her armor the very moment it was created, practically. It was one of her more speedier suit ups, and she was quite glad it wasn't that different from a Mindy, the only armor she ever piloted. Even then, she didn't pilot it that much.

As soon as the armor was around her, she plopped the helmet on and testingly flexed her body about. Mainly she was getting used to the shield.

Fine... I'll do this one mission for her... Then Hanako and I can consider ourselves completely even... Then I'll go.

Her fingers toyed with the trigger to the rifle.... It wasn't the spacey version, although it could still be used out of atmosphere, of course. She pressed the trigger, and the armor gave a note off to the side on her HUD that the safety was on, which she knew.

To the bridge she sent a message;

Code:
Cherry at the ready. Who is the Power armor wing leader?

She could have asked the ship, of course...

Yui said:
I will have the other ships of the First XF's Second Squadron go after the other ships and investigate. I want you to investigate the obvious spot for evidence, which is the spaceport where the communicator is.

-Taisho Yui

Understood. I will relay this to the current CO immediately. Thank you for your assistance, Mistress Taisho Yui-sama.

Kage Yaichiro-Shosa
YSS Eucharis

"Mistress Shosa. Yui-Taisho has ordered for the other ships of the 1st XF's Second Squadron to investigate the six ships which have left. Our orders are to inspect the spaceport where the communicator is, as it is the only site with tangible evidence at the moment."

"Hnn.." Misaki tapped a few controls, then hit the intercom to inform all stations. "We'll be landing shortly, the squadron is going to track down the other vessels that slipped away. Our job is to search the ships on the ground. Customize your load out accordingly. I will lead the armour squad."

The XO looked to Yaichiro. "Go get armed, I'm keeping you and Blackberry on board. I want an officer here just in case." Speaking of the sprite, "Blackberry, take us to the spaceport."

"To the spaceport," Blackberry repeated, taking the ship off autopilot and back to Kyoto.

In a few moments, the ship was on the ground again.

Yaichiro did as ordered, leaving for the armory to get an SMG. He returned quickly as well, knowing he'd be in charge again when the current CO departed the ship.

"The previous cook...Is Apple still aboard?" Midori asked as she took a tentative step into the kitchen looking around now. While it wasn't the Sakura, it still reminded her deeply of the ship. Being aboard a ship commanded by Hanako brought back all the memories, both the good and the bad.

Nana grimaced; there was no more delaying now. She'd prep quickly before meeting the Mindy head on, feeling a bit uncomfortable inside the Power Armor as opposed to outside performing repairs on one. She wasn't entirely sure what to do, so she'd go the safe route and follow everyone else.

I fear I will be more of a hindrance than a help..

"Let me know if anything changes." Misaki told Yaichiro, then put her helmet on. The team display for all the armours flashed active. In a short time the XO was at the launch bay, hovering over the ground. "We're going ship to ship." The woman ordered over through their suits. "Highest priority will be to find Hanako-Taisa, or her communicator."

"If she's held by hostiles do whatever you need to as long as she is unharmed. Cherry, you're the highest ranking soldier here under me. You're taking Kurosora and heading to the east side of the spaceport. We'll work our way from the west and meet you at the terminal. Be on the look out for the black vehicle that hasn't been recovered yet as well. Make use of units with teleportation devices. Stay in constant contact, and stars bless you all."

"Ready...ready....ready-one. Launch."

Misaki's armor shot from the ship and she spun back, streaking towards the western end of the spaceport, waiting for her part of the team to follow.

Misaki could see a team of SAINT operatives in black jumpsuits rummaging through a garbage dumpster near the edge of the landing pad. Beyond it was a damaged chain-link fence and a parking lot full of civilian vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back