• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [MIssion 7.3] Ground Site

"Sorry, I sadly has no middle limbs. Also I would be lying if I did that and would not be good. I believe in honesty. This suit I am wearing is armed by default, but don't worry all my weapons are now set offline. All we wish is to make a contact with your race. We are on a mission of exploration." Saki explained to the Thaurgon. Maybe this diplomacy thing was not so hard after all.

Maki smiled as Saki got involved in the conversation. She liked how up front she was and that she had not yet tried to hold things back. She checked her internal chronometer and noted that the sun should be setting rather soon, making it close to when Gildozee said the monsters would be coming out. "Well, I think we should probably not hold things up any longer?" she commented, looking to see that the shuttle was ready to go. "We are ready to go when you are, Gildozee"

Gildozee moved toward the ramp that lead up to the forward section of their craft. He stood at the ramp. "Advise the operator of your conveyance to follow our flight trajectory. Deviating when we approach the Garrison could result in unfortunate results." He touched control on the ramp, and lamps illuminated above the hatch shining on the ramp.

Maki nodded and relayed this information to Yoshiro in the shuttle. "Thank you" she said, then followed Gildozee to the ramp. "Shall we?" she asked Saki as she came to the foot of the ramp.

Gildozee looked at the two aliens about to enter. "We do not have proper restraints for you. Our flyer pilot will attempt to avoid turbulent moves." he said. Meanwhile the engines of the flyer began to spin up, the turbines in them creating small vortexes above them.

"We will take our own shuttle and follow," Saki said, more to the SAINT neko then the other aliens. "Shuttle what is your ETA? Our friends are about to leave? Me and Nagato will do a mid-air boarding. Also be sure to follow trajectory of our friends as close as possible." Saki radioed to the Shuttle and took to the air in her PA, waiting for shuttle to arrive so she can board it.

"I am two minutes out. Ready to receive you and Nagato as soon as you can see me, Arai-heisho." Yoshiro said as he flew the shuttle towards the destination that he plotted into the computer.

Gildozee watched the Alien take flight in its armor. I wonder what method of propulsion it is using. He thought. "As you wish, we will launch and wait for your craft to join us." He stepped into the cabin and the door slid silently closed. The lights on the ramp went out and it retracted. The craft leapt into the air when given full thrust. It leveled out at 500 feet, and rotated on its axis to the heading it would take back to garrison. Gildozee instructed the flyer to open a radio frequency to the aliens, and engage the translation system.

Maki took off, kicking in her MINDY's gravity manipulation system, forming up with Saki. She came to a stop next to the other woman and switched to a private channel between them.

"So what do you think of our new friends?" She asked the senior ranked neko. "Outwardly at least they seem genuine and friendly" she said. She did retain a level of skepticism that she kept unspoken, it was part of being a SAINT operative.

"They did not start shooting yet, that is a good sign." Saki replied using non-trackable laser comms, hovering in the air an waiting for Yoshiro and Shina-heisho to bring in the shuttle. "But don't let your guard down, they are bringing us to something that is obviously a compound with anti-air weaponry. That suggests a military base. They might not be so friendly there. There is only few of them here, and plenty of them here. They might want to take us captive and juice as for info. Or they will just offer us tea, but I want to be read for both cases. Should anything happen we cause havoc, try to not kill anyone, just destroy equipment and high-tail it to shuttle. Then straight away and up in the space."

"Ever vigilant, understood" Maki replied with a curt nod. She had no reason and no intention to question the motives of the senior infantry woman. While the aliens had been friendly, welcoming and helpful so far it was always prudent to remain on guard. While Maki liked to remain optimistic and think these aliens were good at their word and truly were genuine, the SAINT training instilled in her mind always ALWAYS demanded she remain skeptical about everyone and everything.

The Thaurgon craft started heading away from the site, and slowly accelerating. The craft was traveling on a straight path for the moment.

As soon as the Aeon's shuttle arrived, Saki waved at Maki and flew inside of it. She did not take off her armour, her plan was to to in the Thaurgon base in mindy. She did in fact put away her rifle though, it would look better to Thaurgons, who did not know that Mindy was still equipped with very potent forearm weaponry.

"Why did you take your armour off Yoshiro?" Saki frowned in her helmet. "We are meeting potentially dangerous aliens and you take off your Mindy? Not a greatest idea. I want you to suit up as soon as we get there. You will go down with us. Shina-heisho will wait in the shuttle."

"Sorry, Arai-heisho. Just not used to piloting with my armor on. First time pilot and all." Yoshiro said apologetically. "I take it we are not sure of the alien's intentions toward us?" He monitored the controls through his SPINE and made sure that he was following the ship that the aliens were on and exactly on the path that the aliens were on.

"That is why we have Shina-heisho to pilot for us Yoshiro." Saki replied with a slight frown, invisible under her helmet. "We assume the aliens are friendly, but we prepare for them turning hostile. Three guns on the ground are better than two. Still I assume nothing will happen, but my assumptions might be wrong."

"I'll go ahead and suit up. I'll leave the flying to Shina-heisho. " Yoshiro said and "I apologize again for my mistake." He felt bad for his mistake, and it showed. He disconnected from the SPINE and went to the cargo hold. His shoulders slumped briefly but he regained his focus and determination as he put on his armor. "All right. Lets get a weapon and make sure that we are ready for action." He said to himself as he made sure that his sniper rifle was loaded, the sights zeroed and extra ammo stored up.

Maki had joined Dani into the shuttle as it followed the alien craft. Like her infantry counterpart she parted with external weaponry, the MINDY had plenty of built in weaponry for a pinch.

"we will want to keep the number of people involved in ongoing first contact proceedures limited and everyone else will protect the shuttle"

The Thaurgon transport started decreasing its speed. The shuttles sensors showed a sizable structure ahead. The Thaurgon ship sent a message back to the shuttle.

"Yamatai soldiers, follow our craft down. Land next to us and wait until Gildozee approaches your craft. This is for your safety since the others have no experience with you."

"Okay Shina-san, follow their instructions. They want us to land so as soon as we get out you lock the shuttle. Don't turn off the engines and if anyone of them approaches the shuttle, call us." Saki said to the pilot and then turned to the her team. She opened her helmet and smiled at both of them. Yoshiro was veteran, she did not have to worry about him. She did not know too much about the SAINT agent yet though. Saki felt thought that the neko agent will do just fine. She did not seem very gung-ho and trigger happy.

"Okay as soon as we land, we are to wait for Gildozee to come pick us up. They careful, so we will do the same." Saki looked at Yoshiro. "Yoshiro, I don't you will need that sniper rifle, we will be in their encampment. Beside it is better to not look threatening. We still have our armour and that gives us plenty offensive options. I know we have to turn our barriers off, since they hurt living matter, but that is fine. Just remember your ellipsoid shields should anything happen. The important thing is though, that we don't want a fight, we just need to be ready for one. Out goal here is to set up friendly or at least neutral contact with these alien. Nagato-san I want you to do the talking. You seemed to establish a contact earlier so it is better if you would continue with the diplomacy and what not. Just be calm you too, we are just going there to say hello." Saki them smiled again and closed her helmet.

Yoshiro put up the sniper rifle up on the rack. He was not about to cause an intergalactic incidetnt because he was doing something he shouldn't. He was nervous but it seemed as though Saki knew what she was doing so he relaxed a bit. "I hope that I don't do anything stupid." Yoshiro whispered to himself.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back