• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [MIssion 7.3] Ground Site

Shina assumed control of the shuttle, she wondered if Saki was being just a bit too careful, but she kept such thoughts to herself. After all Saki was responsible for the team. So she was obviously wanting to err on the side of caution. This initial contact was going well, no need to spoil things.

She brought the shuttle down and chose to land so that the side door was facing the shuttle. That way if things got hostile there was less opportunity for other Thaurgons to shoot into it. The shuttle touched down lightly, Shina left the engines powered but in a standby state so that their emissions were minimal.

She noted that the Thaurgon craft started lowering its ramp, as the ramp was lowering she noted two Thaurgons descending. She also noted that a number of Thaurgons were gathering about 50 meters to the front and rear of the shuttle.

"Heisho, we have a couple of the aliens exiting Gildozee's craft and there are two groups forming in front and behind us." she said turning towards Saki.

"They are probably just curious, but keep watching them. Yoshiro, trust in yourself. You are great soldier. Now let's get ready." Saki said to the folks around them and moved to back ramp. She still did not open it at all. "Okay Shina-san tell us when the aliens who left the craft get to our shuttle. That is when we are supposed to come out and meet them."

Maki took a long relaxing breath as they prepared to go out once more. "unless they are planning to spring a trap on us now I think things are on the level" the SAINT operative commented.

She joined Saki at the ramp. "Ready for this?" she asked.

Shina watched the aliens, from what she could tell, Gildozee was standing by the shuttle. "Looks like Gildozee is ready and waiting. The others are holding position and seem to be in a defensive posture."

"No surprise, I am in pretty defensive feeling myself." Saki laughed a bit nervously and walked to back hatch. She waved at Yoshiro and Maki to follow. Hopefully this would be just a lot of talking and no shooting at all. Shooting a race you just made first contact with, was bat idea in Saki's book. The neko walked to the hatch, making sure her armour was closed up. "Okay I am opening it now. Be careful Shiina-heisho, call us should anything go on, while we go for the chat." Saying that, Saki went and opened the hatch, expecting anything from greetings to gunfire.

Gildozee moved forward. "Welcome to our Garrison. I began to fear that perhaps you had changed your mind about meeting with our leaders." he said walking up to stand beside the ramp.

"Zeumatozela is Commander of the garrison. I am sure she will have many questions about you, your people, and your mission here." He added.

"I apologise for our tardiness, we were simply getting ready. We are anxious to meet your leader." Saki replied and gave Gildozee a small bow.

Looking about the garrison was ringed by a wall that surrounded the entire location. There were six sides to the wall, and it was fifteen meters high. At various point were positions manned by sentries. There also appeared to be weapons at those locations. All of which were facing outward.

The location that the shuttle landed was obviously designed for just such a purpose. The surface was reinforces and a number of craft came and went while the team started moving.

A fair number of Thaurgons who were not armed were gathered beyond those who had been put in place as a security contingent.

"Zeumatozela is in the Command building. It is part of what we call the core of the Garrison. Please do not let the curiosity of the others concern you. Many of them have never been on another world than this one, so you and your people are the first 'aliens' that they have seen. Most of those are too young to serve in the Garrison so they perform other tasks." Gildozee said moving towards a cluster of reinforced buildings.

"I think I can relate to them really," Saki continued with small talk. She believed that being friendly was way to go. "We were also surprised to find you here. I hope that this is a good thing and our both nation can come to friendly terms. One cannot have too many friends. I also notice that this is very defensible position, it is hard to believe that you would have setup a small fort like this just because of wildlife."

Gildozee made the wheezing laugh sound before he answered. "We were also surprised to find us here. This is not where we were intended to go.

The system we were supposed to arrive at had a more hospitable environment. Our vessel was a colony ship with all the materials we needed to establish a fort and the initial colony. Is it not the same with your people that where you build a colony that you establish a defensive presence?

Unfortunately our ship was damaged upon entering the system. We were forced to make an emergency landing and the ship broke up during descent. So the survivors started building with what they have according to standard protocol. So the Garrison was built first. For now the civilian contingent lives within the walls to protect them from the predators. But that will change in the near future, a second wall will be constructed further out that will permit larger food growing areas, and room for proper civilian infrastructure."

Maki had exited the shuttle with Saki and stood beside her. Her MINDY's sensors sweeping the area in a low powered passive scan, getting a feel for their surroundings. She was happy to let her Infantry superior take the lead for a few minutes on this while she did a bit of research and listening. The SAINT operative was surprised to learn that these people had crashed here and were making do as best they could.

"If this is not the intended world you were to colonize, was it not possible to contact your homeworld for assistance in being recovered and delivered to your proper destination world?" she asked

Gildozee turned briefly towards Maki, "Sadly we lost our subspace communications in the mishap. Without it we are cut off from the home world. We have been trying another method to make them aware of our presence. However, thus far it has proved to be unsuccessful."

Yoshiro followed Saki and the others and watched the people that had brought them here. He remained silent on the matter of the subspace communications which was beyond him anyways. He remained alert but relaxed so if anything happened that wasn't good he would be prepared.

"We indeed might," Saki agree, but then gave Maki a small unvisible frown under the helmet. "After we talk with our commanding officer that is. We are just simple soldiers, not for us to decide such things sadly."

Gildozee listened to the aliens. The prospect of being able to communicate with homeworld, to either receive resupply, or relocation sounded very good to him. "Naturally, we who serve in the front are like you subject to the decisions of those above us. Though it is my hope that our two leaders when they meet will be able to work out an amicable arrangement for both our people." he said. The group was approaching the structure they had been heading towards. "This is the command collective, our leader, Zeumatozela awaits within."

Maki smiled as she listened to the alien. "I am confident the meeting between our leaders will come to an agreeable conclusion" the SAINT operative said.

She looked at the building they now stood outside and nodded. "Shall we the?"

Gildozee looked around to survey the mood of the sentries. He then looked back at Maki and her team mates.

"Yes, it is best that we keep moving. Once we pass through the doors, we will proceed down the hallway. The inner sentries will let us pass into Zeumatozela's chamber. I am sure he is even more curious about you folks that I am."

Maki nodded. "Let's not keep him waiting then" she SAINT operative replied and followed Gildozee, keeping pace with the alien.

Gildozee spoke something to the sentries without translating it. Two Thaurgons moved up and opened the doors to the inner chamber. Meanwhile above the group a pair of Thaurgons moved across the ceiling with easy. They were utilizing small spiked that protruded from the surface and would stop to replace light sources that had ceased to work.

Once the doors were fully opened Gildozee moved ahead of the group. The chamber for Zeumatozela was not the posh room of a nobleman. There were several tables and several upright panels. Most of which were covered in images of the surface. Others were distinctive geological features and notes written upon them.

"Zeumatozela, Governor General of the Garrison. I Gildozee wish to present to you the aliens we radioed the base about. "They are a part of the Yamatai Star Empire's military." the Thaurgon said holding his forelimbs out in front of himself intertwined.

Zeumatozela was a larger Thaurgon than their companion. His skin bore the scars of battle with modern weapons as well as a sizable number that were gained fighting the local life.

"Welcome to the Thaurgon Garrison on Fouled Mist. I have never met anyone from your Empire. We have some humans in the Federation." the leader said approaching.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back