• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [MIssion 7.3] Ground Site

"Thank you, Governor General Zeumatozela" Maki responded to the welcome, bowing respectfully to the alien leader. "I am Joto Hei Nagato Maki and these are my companions, Nito Heisho Arai Saki and Nito Heisho Tanaka Yoshi" she gestured to her fellow soldiers. "I would like to thank you for your kind hospitality" she said and bowed again to the Governor General.

Zeumatozela listened to the alien, and made note of the gestures that it made. He raised up his forward section and cross his front limbs briefly. "So Joto Hei Nagato Maki, you are the leader of the group with you. Gildozee has relayed to me that your people have been quite busy. Rescuing Atlonzee's group at the salvage site. Is this typical of what you folks do, or did you come to this world for another reason?

As we are unfamiliar with your species, could you please identify which gender term should be used for each of you?"

"Good to meat you Governer General. As my comrade said I am Arai Saki. I hold the highest rank in the group." Saki moved into the conversation with a nod of her head. "Alas, Nagato-san is handling diplomacy. I am afraid I am just a simple soldier. As gender terms, me and Nagato-san are both females, while Tanaka-heisho is a male. What lead is to this word is actually a quest of exploration."

Zeumatozela listened to the other alien speak at least now he knew how to address them with respect to gender. "Thank you for the clarification. We understand that among humans it is important to acknowledge their gender correctly. Among the Thaurgon the matter is mostly irrelevant. Simple soldier, I think not. You allow another to handle the diplomacy so that you can observe and evaluate. Very shrewd. I approve of such tactics when dealing with unknown situations."

Meanwhile the AIES in Maki's armor was detecting a lot of electronic activity in the area. There were at least eight different streams of data being transferred across the room. There was also at least two systems that were pinging the communication system of the armor. So far there was no sign of an obvious attempt to infiltrate. But ....

Maki was letting Saki speak with Zeumatozela, they seemed to be hitting it off rather well and she felt no need to interrupt the soldiers as they conversed. So, while they were at that, the SAINT operative entertained herself with seeing what interesting things her power armor's sensors picked up on.

'Oh, well that is interesting' she thought as her suit informed her of the electronic activity around her. She was especially interested in the signals trying to catch the attention of her communications array. She checked her armor's electronic security systems, ratcheting them up to full and isolated the main comm antenna from the system. 'Now lets see what you are, shall we?' she grinned and sent a passive inquire signal back.

Zeumatozela looked at Saki, "So you are explorers. You have already been told by my subordinates that this is not the planet we were intended for. I would suggest that in the interests of diplomacy that you keep your interest here strictly exploration as it is unlikely that the Federation will relinquish the world."

Several of the pings were just that pings from some computer in the building detecting a new computer and trying to access it. Obviously lacking the proper protocols, the pings stopped after a few attempts.

However, the remaining one seemed a bit more determined. While Maki had not yet determined the source, this one was trying a number of different attempts to establish a connection.

'Mmmhmmm interesting' Maki thought to herself as she brushed aside all of the benign signals and focused in on the one that really was trying to work it's way past her electronic defenses. 'What have we here?' she mused as she made some adjustments to her system protection.

Maki locked onto the signal and scrutinized it for frequency, bandwidth, any form of signal processing or whatever else interesting she could gather about it to try and fine out what kind of signal it was and what sort of access it was trying to get to her systems.

'Simple soldier does not have to do simple things.' Saki replied to the comment about her being shrewd. The commander pretty much saw through her. 'I like to be careful, don't take it badly. You are correct are mission here is of exploration. It was actually lucky for use to run into you as we do seek contact with other intelligent lifeforms. I do dare to say that we did start on a good terms and I hope to keep it that way. Alas I am just an infantry-woman so further progress will have to be done by my superious. I think that is actually first thing we should handle. How and when you or your representative will meet with my captain or her representative. I am afraid all I have right to do is meet and greet.'

"Do you know if your commander plans to come here? Or if she wishes to meet at a neutral location. We would need information from you if she is to come here. Such as how many will be in her delegation. It would be best if delicate discussions were handled by persons of similar responsibility. No offense is meant, but it is apparent that you can not speak for your Captain." Zeumatozela replied, "Although if she is coming here then perhaps you would be willing to accept our hospitality."

The signal seemed to be attempting to initiate a secure connection to Maki's system. It was sending queries along the transmission in an attempt to identify the system it detected. After another minute the attempts started diminishing in frequency.

"Hmm" Maki frowned. She wanted to know what this signal was and who was sending it, but now it was fading away, like whoever was sending it was giving up. She bit her lip and quickly began securing all of her systems, locking them down under multi-layer protection and encryption. Then she isolated off the comm array from the rest of the system, firewalling the hell out of it so not one bit of data could get through to the rest of the system without her authorization.

"Okay" she breathed quietly and adjusted her communications antenna, locking in on the probing signal and querying it. "Who are you?" she asked nobody as she waited for a response.

Once Maki started transmitting, a stream of data started downloading. After a few seconds, the AIES showed that it was receiving a large file that consisted of trade and Thaurgon. Someone or something was transferring the Thaurgon translation algorithm.

'Ohohoho, language pack' Maki thought to herself with a grin. She scanned the incoming file for any malicious programing, twice, then checked to see if it was usable with her power armor's universal translation system. 'Well, if we want to share' she smiled and sent back a file of her own, the Yamataian language.

The transmission of the language pack continued for another two minutes. Then after a twenty second pause a message came in spoken in Thaurgon. The AIES then translated to the following.

Greetings. Can you understand this transmission? Please reply.

I am Bardezela, the legally appointed governor of this colony. However, Zeumatozela has seized control of the settlement and removed the civilian leadership. It was the consensus of myself and the council that we should signal the homeworld for a rescue. But Zeumatozela refused, he sees that as a black mark on his career. Instead he has his soldiers sending long wave communications stating the colony is thriving.

"I would have to contact my captain and give her all the information." Saki replied with a nod. "I am sure that there would be a meeting sooner or later. I think if you would give us a way to contact you. For now though, once we are done talking we will go back in our shuttle. As much as your hospitality is appreciated, I would like to talk this with my captain face to face."

Maki felt a chill run up her spine as she read
the message on her HUD. The hell? Military coup? Thats all they needed.

Code:
How do I know what you are telling me is the truth? We have not met and your military leader has not yet given me reason to doubt them.
she replied, needing some kind of confirmation before she considered informing her shipmates about the conversation she was now having.

That is difficult to say the least. I could provide you with video of the events. But how would know that they were accurate and not a fabrication. There is a technician who not in the compound. A civilian who was charged with salvage duties during this cycle. If you can find him, he can collaborate on what I am saying.

Code:
"These are fairly serious allegations you have posed against your military leader. I would like to see this video, but I think meeting with your technician is going to be difficult. I do not think, even if nothing was actually going on, your military staff would let an alien such as myself wander around your complex unattended.
Maki replied via the communications beam

RPG-D RPGfix
Back