• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 7.5] Aeon Base

Hisa looked at Rin for a moment and what he was holding. "Actually I was wondering what you were doing in my Engineering taking tools and supplies. I am Usaga Hisa-Ittô Juni. I am the Chief Engineer aboard the Aeon. So I figure from those red panels you are sporting, that you are to be a member of my team." she said taking note that he had unpacked a drone of some sort but not his clothes.

Rin smiles "Santô Hei Rin Okumura, i am the newest member of the Aeon, i am an engineer but the captain put me as a Technician ma'am" he looks her over "glad i have such a good boss". He smiles "is there anything you want me to do? or do you want to talk" he looks back at that bag in his locker and sighs a bit mumbling "i either need to use it or give it back to that guy".

"Well, for starters why don't you tell me more about what you were working on?" Hisa replied with a smile. "At the moment the Aeon is shipshape since we just left the repair facility prior to heading here."

Rin smiles "oh you mean Cerus, my baby the droid i'm making, she is going to be a helper droid for me in engineering" he looks at her "um, i do have something you might like, as a gift for letting me work with you" he jesters to the bag, it held a omni-tool he aquired while in the academy from a nice droid that didn't mind him taking it.

"You don't need to give me gifts Okumura-San, and well there is nothing wrong with being called a technician. It is just semantics. I'm the ship's engineer, having multiple people calling themselves engineer can get confusing. And it means if something goes wrong, I get to explain to the Taisa. "

So my new red shirt is a tinkerer, nothing wrong with that.

"The Aeon already has four MARI drones, and several Spanner drones to help with maintenance and repairs. But I guess you can have this one with you. I was working on an inspection drone shortly after I got on the ship with my sister. Now that life is slowing down, maybe I will have time to work on it."

Rin smiles and gets the bag opening it revealing the edge of the omni-tool "you sure?" he smiles pulling it out, it was a big omni-tool and a bit heavy "i bet you could have use of this" he puts it on the bed and smiles "don't ask how i got it though".

He smiles and looks at her "anything we can do around here, while we wait for orders?".

"If you wish to donate the tool to the ship, that would be fine. Well, there is one bit of work we could do. the Taisa acquired some Lifeform Detection System units, I have not had the opportunity to get installed. Care to help?"

Rin smiles and nods "sure, sounds like a way to pass the time till we are need" he looks at her "lead the way, I'm still getting used to the ship" he slowly walks to the door "so I heard that only me and you are in engineering".

"That is true, seems everyone wants more exciting jobs. Me I like machines, I am proud to keep the Aeon and Eternity fully operational. It was nicr when my sister was here to help. But now I have a new soldier tohelp."

"yea, i hope you will find it nice working with me" Rin looks down and stops "hmm" he walks back to the bed and picks up the omni-tool, "just incase we need it" he laughs and smiles more "lets get going".

Hisa moved to the door, "First stop is the hold. Pick up the LDS units then to engineering. We will assemble them then install them."

Hisa lead the way to the cargo hold. Once there she turned to Rin, "The Taisa wants one of these per deck. They will need to be positioned to provide the most coverage of the restricted areas. They are in the box over here." she said crossing over. "Use your tool you brought to open the crate."

Rin smiles and holds out the omni-tool and it slowly turns to a crowbar "okay then, sounds simple enough" he kneels by the crate and gets the crowbar into the gap on one side and pulls on the crowbar opening the crate, then slowly takes out the LDS units "hmm there seems to be enough, lets hope that we don't need extra" he laughs a bit.

Last edited:
"Okay, lets get to the fabrication area, and we will put them together and calibrate them." After that installation is fairly simple. Mount them and connect them to power and a data line. Of course the requires us to run one of these." She said holding up a 1 meter cable with two connections at each end.

"okay then" Rin smiles and picks up the LDS units and looks at her "lets go then", he look at the door "so lets go now and deal with this".

Hisa entered the passage way carrying the cables they would need. She entered the fabrication room and walked over to one of the work benches. She pulled out a pair of tools kits, and placed them on the work tables.

Rin laughs and places the LDS units on workbench and smiles at her "lets get to work shall we" he laughs again and pulls some tools out of one of the kits.

he starts to work on one of the LDS his hands moving fast and accurately making easy work of it and smiles while working on it.

Hisa worked on her LDS while occasionally checking Rin's progress with brief glances. She had her two done, and checked in a matter of minutes. She picked up a molecure tape dispenser which would be used to mount them on the ceilings. "Ready when you are."

Rin smiles and has his ones ready "ready now ma'am" he picks up the LDS units then turns to Hisa "so should we go bottom deck to top or top to bottom deck" he waits so he knows where to go.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back