• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 7.5] Aeon Base

Atlonzee looked at the alien's features, and pondered the question. After a moment he replied. "Perhaps, some bowls from which we can drink and a large container that we can refill them from. I do not believe your glasses would work for our anatomy."

Rin laughs and rub the back of his neck "yea i kind of felt stupid asking that, but okay i will be right back with your water" he walks around collocting what he needed and slowly fills up the container and bowls.

After he done this he walked back to Atlonzee "is this enough for your people?".

Atlonzee looked at what Rin brought. He was unsure and so he answered accordingly. "We shall start with this, if it is not enough. We will let you know. You have more available I presume." He then spoke to his people and handed the bowls to three of the Thaurgons. They came forward and dipped the bowls into the container. They then lifted the bowls to their mouths. A slurping sound could be heard as each drank deeply from the bowls. Once they finished their bowls they gave them to the others and the process was repeated.

While his people drank Atlonzee turned to Rin. "So what is your role aboard this vessel?"

Rin smiles "i'm a tech, well at the moment the only tech i work with the head engineer" he looks at all the Thaurgons and smiles more "seems they are all happy" he laughs slightly and turns to Atlonzee "if you don't have techs and engineer, there the people how maintain the ship and other equipment".

Atlonzee made a curious wheezing sound for a few seconds. "Atlonzee knows what techs and engineers are. I am technician supervisor. All of my team are technicians of various fields."

Rin look down "sorry Atlonzee, i was just thinking if you called it something else, to make sure you knew what it was" he sighs "this is actually my first day here in fact".

"Apologies are not required. We do in fact call it something else, but we translate it to your words. Our term means more like 'caretakers of technology'. But the concept is close enough. We have been stuck on this world for many years. Sadly essential technology was lost in the accident so we have been cut off from our home." Atlonzee replied.

Rin smiles at the alien "i like the sound of that 'caretaker of technology'" he smirks liking the sound of it "hmm i might say that is what i am, tell me about your species, you seem like a interesting species"

"We are Thaurgons, and like you and your people we are not of this place. Unlike your people our vessel suffered a mishap and crashed. You seem strange to us vertical orientation, two limbs for locomotion. A Thaurgon can use any of our limbs to manipulate things or to move. We also see all around us at all times." Atlonzee replied.

"thank you for that information, your race sounds quite cool" Rin smiles looking over the Thaurgons "you have an interesting race, we can only see in front of us and i like my may of locomotion".

"Your form obviously evolved for a different world than ours. We come from a world with a higher gravity. The ability to see from any direction was important to avoid being injured by predators, or falling objects. So you are adapted to your needs and we to ours.

How long will you and your people remain on this world? Do you plan to colonize it? There could be a problem if you do." Atlonzee answered.

Rin shrugs "i don't know, i just joined the crew while they were stationed here..... i don't think we are colonizing it though" he smiles slightly "but i really don't know".

"Your ship from what we saw when approaching is too small for colonization." Atlonzee replied. "What is your home world like? I hope it is not like this one."

Rin smiles "i didn't really go outside, i spent most of my time in my room or in a workshop, but whenever i went outside it was lovely and beautiful" he laughs "now my two siblings love going outside".

"You are a strange alien Rin. Back on our home world I would spend lots of time outside. Getting out of the workshop often helped me to come up with new inspirations. Fresh air helps stimulate the mind. Unlike here." Atlonzee said.

Rin laughs "all freh air ever game me was a headache, i liked the workshop it was my area, if i got stuck on something, i would work on a different thing till i got an idea" he smiles and looks at Atlonzee.

The Thaurgon looked at Rin for a few minutes tapping two of his limbs together. When he stopped he finally responded.

"Apologies, I fear the translation unit may have failed to properly interpret your words. Or perhaps you were using an idiom that it did not understand. Why would fresh air cause a malady of a headache? Do you require a certain level of impurities in your air to function properly? That is very curious."

Rin shrugs and looks at the Thaurgon "umm i think its more the sunlight and air, having spent most of my time under lamps and other non-natural light sourse with not that much fresh air has just made my body used to that why of living" he looks around "so basically my body doesn't like certain things, and I'm so pale" he laughs and smiles "just my body adapting".

Atlonzee chuckled at Rin's last comment. "Well, then do not stay outside in this atmosphere. I do not think you you want your body to adapt to this planet. Many of my people would dearly love to return home, or at least go to the original destination."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back