• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 7.5] Aeon Base

Rin was slightly worried at Atlonzee comment that he had go directly there to talk to the Thaurgons under his command, then turned to the new person in the cargo bay "yea everyone here is stable, but Atlonzee here is needed to to give order to a goup under his command that one of our squads found".

Eiven made his way up as the path opened, slowly realizing the young man's height as he got closer. His attention was soon taken by one of the aliens who seemed to be using some kind of device to talk to him.

"And that is the primary reason I am here," the doctor smiled before looking back up to the technician when he spoke, "Has the captain, or necessary away team, been notified of that?"

Atlonzee was uncertain how to answer the question so the alien chose to look to Rin to respond. Meanwhile several of the Thaurgons moved away from the three and began to talk amongst themselves. Then some of them pulled out small objects and they each took turns shaking them and tossing them onto the deck.

Rin looked at the doctor "no not yet i we have only just been told and we were going to make a plan first" he noticed the other Thaurgons throwing the object "what are they doing Atlonzee?"

Atlonzee looked at his companions. "It is a simple form of entertainment. One that we use to pass time. Wagering upon the outcome of the toss. Friendly wagers." He said looking back at Rin. "When one is away from base for periods of time, one needs some sort of entertainment."

Eiven nodded at Rin's response as he heard the clatter on the deck. He looked over to see the items that the Thaurgons were throwing and the possible sense of... anticipation?... that they had before each throw. The doctor grinned, not needing Altonzee's explanation, having both lived long enough and experience some as well.

"And what an old form of entertainment such things are," he grinned, "Though it's nostalgically surprising to see others do it."

One usually needs to live fairly isolated to reach his age without at least knowing about gambling. What their guests were playing initially put the cadet in mind of dice; but then another game that he had played often enough in life came to mind - poker.

The old man smiled at the memories that came to him. From betting on packages of ramen in college, and articles of clothing during residency; to the incident with one of the clinic partners after drinking too much, and late night game sessions at the academy. Eiven liked the game alright, but it was the camaraderie of friendly competition that made it more enjoyable to him.

Speaking of the academy, who was that girl who used to host those games? The Minkan's digital mind pieced together the teal hair, sea green eyes, and that indomitable personality. "Tetsuka," he mumbled to himself as the name popped up with the full image of one of his Nekovalkyrja class mates... - but now was not the time.

The man looked back to Rin and Altonzee, "By the way, I am Eiven Lankinen, Shoi Kohosei."

Rin nodded and smiled "i think i understand" being by himself most of the time he didn't really get the concept but thought it was best to pretend he knew what it was.

Atlonzee did his best attempt at the bow that the aliens used. "A pleasure to meet you." he said towards Eiven. He then turned his attention to Rin, "Sadly much of our entertainment equipment was lost in the crash. So we for times like this we have resumed older methods that do not require technology to pass the time. Typically the technicians wager work time or technically leisure time. The loser has to fill in for the winner on typically boring or menial tasks."

Eiven noticed the remaining confusion in Rin's eyes and smirked with a shake of his head. He also gave Atlonzee a chance to continue his own explanation before speaking up again. "Something tells me I should suggest a small team building event at some point," the doctor smiled, "When things settle down, that is."

Rin nodded and smiled at the two "it seems like a good time to pass the time, and a team building event sounds good" he smirked and cerus tried to walk "silly girl" he picked up cerus "you still can't walk properly yet little droid" he sighed and put the droid on his shoulder.

Eiven smiled in response - though nothing is official until the order is out - such activities can be one of the better ways to get to know a team, or a crew. His brow twitched, however, when he heard mention of 'girl' then looked to see Rin bending down to pick up his machine. The doctor shook his head and chuckled lightly, "You know, most parents try to encourage the learning process."

Rin laughs and looks at the doctor "i would to, but she is still being built and doesn't have any proper wiring to move that much yet, she can but i don't want her to burn out"

"That's too bad," Eiven smiled, "Watching a child learn to walk is one of the cutest things to watch."

He then looked back at the Thaurgons playing and noted that they were still waiting for when someone would get back with more of them. The doctor was not against waiting patiently; however it might be interesting to use the game as a way to learn more about their guests. That was when the elder Minkan recalled his scanner and pulled up the alien files up before looking to Atlonzee.

"I wonder," he began, "would you have any medical personnel with you whom I could discuss what to look for should we need to treat any of your people?"

Atlonzee turned one of his eyes towards Eiven then tapped one of the other Thaurgons. This one had a darker skin pattern featuring browns and dark green. It left the game of chance and came to stand next to Atlonzee. "I am called Marnissaa, I am a medic for our people. I can discuss with you treatments."

Across the speakers.

"Attention all hands. We anticipate the Away Team teleporting to our location in less than three minutes. Prepare to receive them and possible casualties." came Katae's voice.

Eiven smiled at being introduced, only to pause at the announcement. He listened intently then breathed a sigh to focus as he pulled out his communicator. "Cargo Bay, standing by, Ma'am," the doctor sent to the bridge before turning back to those nearest him.

"Alright," the man began, putting his communicator away, "Everyone, clear out of the main open areas so that they can arrive without worry. Santo Hei, locate a stretcher, and make it ready just in case. Marnissaa, here's hoping I don't need to learn on the fly."

The Minkan made his way in among the crates, not so far back as to be too far to help quickly, but not so close that he should intersect with someone porting in. The Kohosei seemed serious, but a small flicker in his eye seemed to betray his thoughts a little - he was happy.

Marnissa looked at Eiven trying to fathom what was going on in the alien's mind. The aliens had such a radical facial structure and manipulated in ways that she could not.

"Main risk in the reactor would be burns, either electrical or hyper heated steam. Depending on the severity of the injury on a limp, amputating the damaged area is the preferred treatment and then sealing the limb. Radiation should not be a factor unless the containment is failing but if that is the case, there won't be anyone coming back. Sterile water will be needed." she said to Eiven. 'I wish I had more than a basic medical kit. I'm not equipped for trauma, and I am uncertain about working with a person who has never worked on a Thaurgon before.' she thought.

Eiven nodded, "That is something we have back at the Medical Lab. What else would you need for the burn treatment, or do you have the supplies for that?"

The doctor then thought about the amputation possibility and looked at Marnissa and Altonzee's limbs before pulling up the scanner data that he had grabbed earlier from Eternity. "And about the amputations - what would you require for that, if needed?" he added, checking to see what kind of structure Thaurgon limbs had.

Rin listened and was lightly worried then smiled as the doctor told him to do something and quickly thought where there could be one, he looked around the cargo bay to see if there was some around there and sighed thinking quickly then looked at the doctor "will a make sift stretcher do sir, because i have an idea". He smirked and started look for the materials he would need to make one "it's just if there is someone who needs it and they come while i'm getting one it could be too late when i get back".

"Depending on where the amputation is needed, there are four major blood vessels that need to be sealed. Any sharp cutting implement can be used, but a laser blade is best as it cauterizes. " Marnissa said.

The scan data that Eiven could access were limited, but it was apparent that the musculature of the limbs were ringed which would make the cutting easier.

"There should be a real one lashed to a wall in here," the doctor told Rin, "check that first, then we'll worry about trying to make one."

Eiven then turned back to Marnissa, a bit relieved by her recommendation and the structures he was seeing in the scan data. He liked to work, but he liked it even better when things looked like they could be worked out as well.

"Laser blades shouldn't be an issue," he replied to her, "I was actually hoping they would be best for that very reason - as well as being quick, which is preferable in any procedure."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back