• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 7.5] Aeon Base

Misaki felt better when she saw Katae was looking well, she had a feeling that would just deepen over time, apart from her natural training and instinct to watch over her direct superior like any good samurai should. Once she was gone to take her rounds on the ship, the XO plotted a careful path back to the target area the taisa had requested they go to, and checked the status of engineering for safety's sake before calmly informing them of her next movement.

After that, the Aeon slid back towards the last team, drawing into the atmosphere as she looked for possible trouble from the surface. The more quickly they could get their team on board the more quickly she would feel less ill-at-ease with the new species they'd encountered, thanks to what she had gleaned from the combined data she reviewed as the vessel worked it's way through the atmosphere to the last of the Aeon's team.

You are looking no worse for wear, is there anything else I need to know? We'll be on top of them soon enough. She sent to Katae through the lovely cloud of thoughts Nekovalkyrja often found themselves communicating to each other through.

Katae smiled at Misaki's comment. 'Half of our Heavy Quad Anti-Mecha Cannons are non-functional thanks to that pulse. The team is meeting with the local leader of the Thaurgons. Something about all this does not seem right. Some of these Thaurgons seem to appreciate our presence. Namely the ones on the ship. But the ones your team encountered were distrustful. Contact Aria-Heisho and get a sitrep from her. We are moving the wounded to the medical center.' she replied telepathically.

Cargo Bay

Using her inertial manipulation abilities, Eun-Kyung did her best to aid the Taisa's efforts. She realized Katae was being as gentle as possible but even still a twinge of agony shot up from her right leg as it withdrew from the suit. The left was mercifully numb at the moment. Free of the armor, she settled down on the decking again as easily as she could.

"Thank you, ma'am," she said, panting a little. "I'll have to pick some other body parts next time."

Katae smiled and gave the young officer a moment to compose herself. "Well, if you lose another foot I may have to write you up for losing government property." she replied. "So what do you make of our guests?" she inquired hoping that giving Eun-Kyung something to concentrate on besides her body would help her.

Meanwhile on the bridge, the tactical systems reported that the Aeon was being tracked by multiple radar sources.

Cargo Bay

"Thanks, Ma'am," Eiven replied to Katae, "I'll page them once we get to the the Med Lab."

He then looked over to Marnissa's response. "Almost -" the doctor was cut off by Yani's declaration of having Sunflower ready, leaving him feeling slightly useless in that tiny moment. The Minkan then remembered the last on his list and turned to Trowa.

"Think you have enough energy follow with us, son?" he asked the Heisho kindly, "Have a rest somewhere else other than the cold deck?"

Cargo Bay

Eun-Kyung eased herself back down onto the decking again, catching her breath.

“Well, ma’am, I haven’t interacted with them too much, aside from some rather rapid conversation with Atlonzee-san.” She frowned a little, trying to come up with anything she could share with the Taisa that would actually be useful. “The data recorded by the AIES will tell you more, but they seem to have a decent technology level. The information I was sent implied that they were marooned here, or at least settling in for a long wait, which seems odd. The impact seriously damaged their ship, ma’am, but it was still in relatively decent shape. Frankly, I’d find it quite unlikely that all of their comm systems, or facilities to repair their comm systems, were completely destroyed.”

Katae pondered what Eun-Kyung had to say as they made their way to the medical center. "Well that was only a piece of their ship. We detected a number of large fragments across the planet. The largest near their settlement. It does however seem to be a bit strange that they had no emergency beacons available, or that all of them were lost."

Trowa looked up at Eiven. "I'll probably need a hand to make it there. My head is spinning and there are spots swimming before my eyes." he then struggled up to his feet.

Eiven quickly made his way over and helped Trowa up. "Sounds like fatigue," he commented, "dehydration... Let's get you some water and a seat once we get to Medical." The doctor offered the helmsman support for the way there, then noted the rest of the crew present were on the move.

"Follow me," the Minkan offered to Marnissa as he walked the Nepleslian past the Thaurgons, "I think we might want to take you guys up the Cargo Elevator." He then adjusted his destination to match, calling the lift down when he got to the doors.

Aria-heisho. This is Aeon-actual. Sitrep requested. Misaki sent to the team as she mulled over what Katae had thought back to her. The other contacts were more friendly? That made her mind spin around a few thoughts, the most likely of which she voiced to her.

What if one group was after the other in some sort of internal conflict? Wondered the Chusa, Or some sort of ritualistic hunt? There is also the possibility they were in a fight in orbit, and one group was hoping to get rescued by another faction. All of this is speculation, but I believe we should not let the crew get their guard down until we learn what is going on. There was...tension, if I can infer that from a newly contacted species, at least on our part. The thought nagged at her lightly while she waited for the report, hoping the rest of the mission would not blow up in their faces, but she did feel better with their current position, rather than when they had more fractured forces.

Medical Center

Katae assisted getting Eun-Kyung into the medical area, and seated on one of the medical stations.

Hold

Marnissa and the other two Thaurgons assisting with carrying the injured stepped into the lift when it arrived. She waited for Eiven to select the destination level.

Bridge

Gi was maneuvering the Gunship looking for a suitable landing zone. She noticed something out of the corner of her eye a blinking from the other station. As she brought up the sensor data on a volumetric display the display flashed red.

"ATTENTION ALL HANDS. COLLISION ALERT, COLLISION ALERT, IN COMING MISSILE." came Eternity's voice across the ship's speakers.

"What the FISH..." Gi sent the command to bring up the CFS but the shield came up too slowly and the first missile struck the Aeon's underbelly. The ship was shoved hard from below as the explosion pushed against the hull. Anything lose would be thrown about as the inertial dampening system struggled to compensate. Gi was grateful for her shoulder straps and accelerated the Gunship and banked it away from the area.

Medical Center

Katae looked up briefly at the speakers when Eternity spoke. 'What the hell is going on up there?' she thought. When the impact struck the ship she was able to hold her position by grabbing onto the medical unit, and grabbed a hold of Eun-Kyung's arm to try to stabilize her.

Lounge

Josea had been looking at the information Kata'nova was showing when the warning came out. But there was not really enough time to brace oneself. He found himself launched towards Kata'nova. His body impacting her as he pasesed.

Lift

Eiven was in the corner about to hit the button for Deck 2 when Eternity's voice called out. The only thought that when through the doctor's head was an explicative as the hand near the buttons slammed down onto the rail while the other pulled Trowa in tight. It was just in time as the impact threw his legs out from under him and into the open space before he managed to pull himself and the Heisho back into the corner.

The old man tried his damnedest to protect the helmsman during the shaking, but his Minkan strength was only so much as the bounced around a little - pivoting on the one point of contact. He managed to bounce his head off something at some point and a colourful metaphor exited his lips; Eiven's ears then began to ring when things settled again.

"Everyone awake, sound off..." the Kohosei called out weaker than he had expected himself too - holding his head soon after from the pain it caused him.

Kata'nova could be heard letting out a surprised yelp when the lounge shifted and she found herself thrown, but not to far before Josea had slammed into her; her bodysuit blunted the impact but she could still feel it in her bones as she landed on the deck on her chest. Owww..... that hurt.... she thought and looked over at Josea.

Freyja was still nude and wet. She was one her way across the shower when the missiles hit. They threw her against the far wall hitting her head. A few curses escaped her mouth as she reached up and grabbed her towel. once she was wrapped up in the fluffy protection she felt her head and the large lump that was forming there.

With a deep growl she grabbed her used flight suit and slipped back into it, as she sent a mental message to Katae, "ma'am I'm capable to scramble the shuttle again if you want a cap being flown..."

Medical Bay

The Taisa kept Eun-Kyung from completely flying off the unit, but her shattered right leg and left stump still impacted quit hard. Somehow she only let out a gasping sob of agony and managed to bite down any further screams of pain, literally - she tasted blood in her mouth as her eyes filled with tears.

“Go, ma’am!” she managed to choke out. “I’m fine. Fight the ship.”

She lay there trying to calm down, but the searing sensations creeping up from her lower extremities were still too strong for her physiological abilities to dampen. Instead she was left to drown in them and to feel utterly helpless, if not worse. Not only was she injured and unable to join in the defense of the ship, she was actually keeping the Taisa away from her proper place. The tiny corner of her brain that still had rational intellectual capacity knew those feelings were likely caused by shock. That wasn’t enough to make them go away.

Medical Bay

Katae let go of Eun-Kyung, "Best grab a hold of something, there may be more bumps along the way." she said, and dashed out of the medical on her way to the bridge.

Bridge

With the collision alarms sounding a second missile detonated against the ship. This one throwing everything loose in the opposite direction. Gi activated what defense cannons were online and hoped they were in position to deal with anymore in bounds. As she continued to move the ship away from the launch sites.

In one of the maintenance conduits Eira hurt, her toolbox was spilled along with burnt out components. Tossed around and pelted with her tools twice in short order, her most of her body hurt though her face was hurting the most. She had a feeling that part of her face had a tool imprint on it.

Lift

Hearing no sound bothered Eiven to the core. He hit the button for Deck 2, prompting the lift to begin ascending before calling out again. "Is everyone alright?!" he shouted in the small space, looking to Trowa to see if at least he was conscious - he seemed out of it.

The doctor's head hurt as he tried to focus, but did not get much further before everything shook again. He grabbed for the handhold, trying to avoid shaking too much, though the situation still amplified the pain in his head. The Minkan then hit himself with a PMS1 spray when things calmed down, breathing a sigh of relief when the door opened at the lift's destination.

Medical

The Kohosei half stumbled into the med bay, soon dropping his Heisho burden on a table. He then pulled out the PMS1 machine to see how screwed up he managed to get himself. "I'm not gonna be able to do all this perfectly with those impacts," the old man grumbled, "Eternity, page Nami-Hei down here - I'll need her help."

"Alert condition, all hands to stations!" Misaki barked, "Captain to the bridge." She called out calmly as she sat down in her seat, waiting for Katae to arrive, but not doing so in any idle manner.

Sensors report we're being painted by several radar sites. Misaki sent her, We are extracting ourselves.

"Return fire if we are in range, priority to missile interdiction." She called, "I want us out of their range asap." The samurai called calmly, but clearly over the din of the alarms, smoothly interfacing with Eternity to aid in target tracking and destruction with what they had. If she could get a shot on the nearest inbound, that would be her first priority. If she could hit them down below? That was second, in the meantime it was a race to wreck everything coming their way and get out of range of the weapons, while she tried to identify the sources of the locks.

Bridge

There were two more missiles inbound, Misaki could only get a firing solution on one as the other was on a trajectory with no functioning quad cannon. Eternity had positions for each of the launch sites that had fired, and two others that had not fired. Gi making a quick assessment of the situation, rolled the Aeon on its back and flew her inverted. This put the fully functioning shields in place and gave Misaki multiple operational quad cannons to use for intercept.

Katae was ascending the 0-g passageway that lead to the bridge.

Medical

"I'm already here, Nami-Hei reporting." Sachi said coming out of the Mental backup area a minor laceration bleeding on her forehead. "Just got tossed around a bit." She quickly came over to assist Eiven. "Are you okay sir?"

Marnissa and her entourage came in behind the others. They had fared better with the bouncing due to their low stature. She waited to see where Eiven would want her to set up shop.

Medical

The machine hadn't given him his answer quick enough, though his sense of time seemed to be a bit askew. Eiven looked up from the screen when Sachi came out, his face dropping some when he noticed the blood dripping from her head. He needed to figure out how to get all of this dealt with and every new detail was beginning to tax what felt like diminished mental resources.

"No, not quite," the doctor replied, blinking while holding onto the wall some, "I will need you to help Marnissa prep her patients while I hit myself with some hemosynth and... what the heck... a stimulant. We also need to get Kim-Chui and Sakura-Hei into the tanks and deal with that scratch on your head."

The old man's speech was slow and each part seemed to require some effort on his part, but he did manage to look in the direction of what needed to happen. That was until a feeling of fog hit him, causing the Minkan to shake his head, then grip it due to the pain that caused him. After that, he opened his mouth only to pause as if lost. That seemed to make him a little more frustrated.

"Take care of that scratch and help Marnissa," he repeated, only half aware that he had just done so, "Let me shoot myself, and the next thing will come next." The officer cadet then began digging in the pack he had, pulling out a hemosynth vial and reading the label extra carefully before loading it into an injector and applying it directly over his carotid artery. He then did the same with a stimulant vial - injecting it instead into his arm to avoid shocking his system.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back