• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 7.5] Aeon Base

Lounge

Josea looked at Sheela, "That is Kata'nova. She is a Shukaren Daur. A member of an alien race we found and are trying to locate her people. We should get her and myself to medical just to be certain we are both okay. I was thrown into her during the attack. My name is Josea Gustav, SSS Liaison."

Bridge

Katae listened to her XO while trying to puzzle this situation. "Apology accepted Misaki. This move was unanticipated. The contact we had up to this point was amicable. The leadership had to know we were heading there. The Away team leader made it clear that she was only authorized to initiate contact. It would up to her commander to discuss any formal arrangements.

Attacking us while our shields were down, and without warning was a calculated move. Keep an eye out for other ships, but I suspect it was an attempt to take us out quickly and quietly. Someone with authority there is afraid of our arrival. The question is why?"

Lounge

Sheela nodded and helped Josea to stand and moved over to Kata'nova and gently picked her up with a bit of struggle. "Could yooz show mez the way to the ship's Infirmary." This way she could keep an eye on Josea as she carried Kata'nova.

Keeping the Tenba High above the Aeon, Freyja saw the incoming shuttle and set the Tenba's targeting system to keep an eye on it. if it had strayed outside it's ordered path.

Freyja was more concerned about keeping an eye out for any more incoming missiles. She knew the Aeon could take out a good deal of them, but a few would slip through her screen, so The neko figured she would try to take as many out before they got near enough to the Aeon for the sip to engage.

Lounge

Josea looked at Sheela, "Aft to the lift and down one level. Should be easy enough."

Tenba

A number of small blips appeared at the edge of the Tenba's radar. They were too large for missiles, they also were no closing on the Aeon or the Tenba. They appeared to be aerospace craft, possibly fighters. But at the moment they seemed to be content to wait.

Bridge

Katae turned to Misaki, "I would like your input before I decide on our next action."

Lounge - Infirmary

Sheela carried Kata'nova, being careful with her as they proceeded to the ship's Infirmary with her wards, letting Josea open doors for her as her arms were full with Kata'nova. "Whot's the Tai like?" To Josea, curious of her new commander, she hasn't met yet. Hoping her two bags will okay in the lounge, even though they had her name on them.

Entering the Medical Center

Josea made his way to the infirmary slowly. He did all he could to avoid jarring his dislocated shoulder, and to keep his head from swimming.

"If you mean the commander, it is Ise-Taisa. referring to her as Tai would be an insult as that is a much lower rank." Josea said as he entered the door. He looked at Eiven, "Hey got a few more patients for you if you go room."

Medical Center:

Sheela nodded.

"Iz aint used to yooz ranks names, yet." Sheela followed. Once Josea was out of her way, carryied Kata'nova to the nearest bed and laid her gently on it. Thankful that they made it. Nodding to those in the room, scampered out, forgetting to reclaim her belt she used to bind Josea's arm. Heading back through the ship back up the lift to the lounge.

Lounge:

Pausing long enough to secure two bags, in case ship needed to maneuver and her stuff wouldn't cause any damage to ship nor crew.

Bridge:

Sheela entered the bridge, looking around with interest, muttering, "Taiza... taiza ... taiza ..." Coming to a stop near the door, just within arms reach if needed.

Last edited:
Medical

The apparent silence, that Eiven eventually took as 'no news is good news', was soon interrupted as more people arrived - or what he figured were people. A man, a mouse, and a fox were his new sources of external stimuli - a possible improvement over a reactionless environment. "I suppose I do," the doctor replied to Josea, looking between the other man and the fox-looking girl that the mouse one dropped off before running away.

He noticed the scientist's shoulder did not look the way it should, and a bruise appearing on his forehead, coupled with pupils that didn't look quite right, indicated another possible problem in wait. The girl, on the other hand, mostly looked ok; but the way her breathing was audible and the white stuff on her lips could not be ignored.

The old man tapped the chair he had been sitting in earlier while looking at Josea. "Take a seat, and relax a little, but not too much," he said, before pulling out two doses of nanites and loading one of them. "I see your eyes close," the Kohosei smirked as he injected the scientist with the first shot, "I'll throw something at you."

Eiven then loaded up the second shot and picked up the PMS-1 scanner before heading over to Kata'nova. "And you," he sighed, "I'll have to see what we have on you and check it against what's happening now. Eternity, what files do you have on this, uh, girl?"

Medical

Kata'nova laid there, with one hand on her forehead which she rubbed. She had a throbbing headache, but otherwise she was feeling relatively fine although she didn't really feel like getting up at this point in time and instead just wanted to rest there for now to let the pain in her side and head subside. "Xibu iju nf...."

Bridge

Sheela watched and listened to what was happening on the Bridge as she stood near the door. Looking at what she could see of the various control panels and monitors, she began to read what was on them. Finding the ship's status board to see if she should just wait for the Taisa or go find the Senior Tech and report to him or her and get to work.

Medical

Josea considered briefly standing up to answer Kata but looked at Eiven, so he raised his uninjured arm, when his translator said that Kata'nova wanted to know what hit her. "That would be me Kata'nova. I got thrown from my seat when the missiles hit. Before I could react I had slammed into you and then landed on the floor. Sorry about that."

Bridge

Katae looked at Sheela, if she had not already reviewed the crew member's dossier she would have given a start. "Santô Hei Swiftpaw. Welcome aboard the Aeon. Your services are required with our Engineer. She is on deck five working on restoring some of damaged systems."

Bridge

"Squeakies, Taiza!" Sheela turned and left the bridge at a scampered off the bridge, working her way through the ship to find the Engineer on the deck 5.

Coming up on Ittô Juni Usaga. "Squeak!" Announcing herself, as she came into view of Itto Juni Usaga, "Iz Santo Hei Shiftpaws. Technician to assist yooz." Jumping in to assist with the repairs. Thankful she was in her duty uniform, not her dress uniform.

Last edited:
Medical

A series of snaps and pops came from the speakers in medical, after a second series, Eternity's voice came from the speakers. "Apologies Shoi Kohosei, some of the Aeon's sub systems are causing intermittent issues with the internal communications. There is a complete file on Kata'nova compiled by Sakura-Hei. It contains blood analysis, neurological, skeletal, and physiological data." Available on volumetric if you wish, or any terminal.

Deck 5
From one of the maintenance conduits a voice could be heard. "I'm in here with Okomura-Hei. She's unconscious. Need to get her to medical."

Deck 5

Sheela scrambled into the maintenance duct, coming up to the pair of them. She nodded, seeing Okomura was a lot bigger than her and heavier. "Oh squeakies...." softly as she helped to get the unconscious person from the maintenance conduit. Mainly by dragging her by the shoulder. "Iz come aboard as a Tech, but end up being medical transporter."

Deck 5

Hisa helped push Rin out from the other side until they were clear. Hisa had a number of smudges on her face from working as well as a number of minor scraes and contusions. "Rule number one on a starship. Everyone helps move injured on a starship. Can you take her or shall I carry her there and you can finish what she was doing in there?"

Deck 5

"Iz can finish up here for her." Sheela nodded, "she's a bit to heavy for mez, Itto." Stepping to aside to allow them to pass, after helping Hisa to get Okomura into a fireman's carry. She darted into the maintenance conduit. Quickly appraising what had been done and still needed to be done, as she cleaned up the area, separating burned out parts from the good ones.

She hummed softly as she worked, finally getting to the damaged area, she began to replace components and rewiring where needed.

Last edited:
Medical

Eiven sighed as he got close enough to Kata'nova to be nearly standing over her. He did what he could to avoid looking menacing; however seeing her up close made him wonder what a teenager was doing on the ship. It took a moment for him to think back that, this may be what adults looked like for them, but Eternity seemed to have been taking her time.

The short, seeming exchange between the alien and the scientist brought him back to the moment and what he needed to do. Hearing that Josea had made a rather convincing impression of a large projectile while the Aeon was gettting hit, the doctor did not waste any further time. He gave the fury patient a hit of nanites to get the analysis started when he heard the crackled voice.

"I was wondering what happened," the old man called back, ejecting the hypospray cartridge and going back for pain killers, "Bring it up on the examination room terminal. I'll have a look at it in a minute."

The Kohosei then looked at the PMS-1 tablet to see how Josea was on the inside. Eiven sighed, half tempted to put the scientist into the final remaining tube; but with how much the ship had shaken, he wondered if it might be wiser to use one of the remaining two treatment tables instead. Either way, the young man was in pain; the doctor loaded up a dose that he figured ought to be enough to help with the pain, but not cause the younger Minkan to pass out, and hit him with it.

"Alright, let's get you on a table to fix your shoulder," he sighed with a sympathetic grimace.

Deck 5 : Maintenance Conduit

Sheela worked slowly as she had to translate a lot of the components, getting her frustrated as she knew she was a lot faster at this as their lives were depending on her to do the job right the first time through. She tested each component as she placed them in the grid, making sure things were as close to specs as possible before moving on to the next area.

Hoping that Hisa would get back soon to assist her and double check her work.

Medical

Josea got up and moved over to the table and got on it. "Kata'nova is still learning our language. We have a basic translator so when you work on her, try to use common simple words." he said as he laid back. He hissed as his shoulder complained about this movement. "Any idea what happened to us Doc?" he inquired once he was flat.

Hisa carried Rin into the medical center, and looked for a place to put her. Spotting one of the treatment beds that was empty she placed the unconscious technician on it. "Got another patient for you. Blow to the head, and multiple electrical burns." she called out turning and heading out.

"I'll get started on her Shoi." Sachi called out heading over. She activated the treatment bed and applied the PMS-1 hypospray to the neko's neck.

Deck 5

A few minutes later Hisa was back on deck 5. She approached the conduit that Sheela was working in. "How is it going with the repairs? I need to check the shield emitter switches. Some of the appear to be blown."

Deck 5 : Maintenance Conduit

"Squik!" Came the reply in a tone used for swearing, "Slow, but steady." Looking at the progress she made so far and how much was left. "Itz seams that this whole circuit was fried along with TX9-53 Series Relays. Itto. Along with the ..." Looking at a circuit board, "... 10X-19 Circuit board." Hoping that the ship had a few spares, otherwise they would have to fabricate one.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back