• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 8.0] Destination North by Northeast

Repair bay

Sachi waved back at Yoshiro briefly since they were not at attention and she would not get into trouble. She had fun the night before and was looking forward to spending more time with Yoshiro.

Passageway

Josea turned to Saki, "Actually it is more the other way around. As you know we have been searching for Kata'nova's people. Since our arrival in this system we had the Kyoten and the rest of the squadron using their sensor arrays looking for radio signals. The data from those four was channeled to Eternity who compared the data. We have located a star system that radio signals similar to those of her fighter were emanating there awhile back. There were a few other sources, but this one was the strongest. Eternity and I even ran the signal through our translation program. The signal was definitely speaking in her language.

Let's get back and share the information with the rest of the crew." he said his eyes twinkling in anticipation of finding the Neshaten.

Last edited:
Repair Bay

"And I do seem to remember you," Eiven turned to Rin, "One needs to pay attention in emergent situations. You never know what is going to require attending to from on second to the next." The doctor then offered a smirk at the end to indicate that he wasn't looking to scare the technician; but also wanted to ensure he was ready for the next time - whatever it happened to be.

Repair Bay

"Everything seems in order so far." Misaki reported in a tone that passed for casual from her. It was still going to take some time to get her moods to be more obvious to newer crew members. The ones that cared, anyway. Reaching up o ensure her hair was behaving, she looked over everyone that had gathered so far in a passive inspection of their uniforms. It never hurt to make them remember that even on a small vessel such as the Aeon military decorum was still important.

"I am pleased to see everyone is so relaxed, hopefully it means our focus will be as good as I have come to expect on the whole, though this mission is not as standard as they come it will only give us all a chance to operate in a new way." She ventured, though remained glib on the mission details in deference to Katae, and the fact that they did not have everyone assembled yet.

Repair Bay

Rin smiled and bowed "I am truely sorry, something happened to my sister, I had to go be with her" he looked at the doctor and chuckled, it looked like he hadn't slept or ate properly for a while and his purple eyes had no shine to them and use ppale skin looked slightly paler, he was trying to hide the fact from the others by acting happy and calm. He looked around at the others "she has recovered and I don't think anything bad will happen to her now, she has been station with my brother so they ill look after each other."

Repair Bay : Aeon:

Sheela fidgeted as the others greeted each other. She took note of the crew. She kneeled next to her case and uprighted it. She then stuck her duffelbag on the case. At least her luggage would be ready when it came time to board the ship for departure.

Repair Bay - In the Shadows

Kata'nova had been trying to get some shut eye... keyword being "try", but that just wasn't possible now after being woken up by the chatter going on below. The young girl had found herself a nice elevated area of the bay where it was dark and that the lights of the bay would only barely reach, it was enough to permit her with a place to sleep after what had happened the day before. Her suit was still analyzing the compounds that had caused her mind to go out of control, although she'd alreayd had a general idea of what had happened, it never hurt to be sure.

Listening to the exchange below, she choose to go without the translator. Hmm..... wonder what is going on...

Passageway

"True, let's not have captain wait. We want to stay on her good side after all." Saki nodded to Josea with a smile and sped up her walking pace.

Repair Bay

Saki walked out of the ship with Josea in tow. She walked up to the captain and bowed. The blue haired neko seemed a bit pleased for whatever reason. She had a mild smile on her face as she brushed a stray lock of her hair from her forehead.

"Captain," she greeted her commander again. "I am back and brought Gus- Josea-san."

Cabin 8

Freyja sat there at her desk dreading leaving her cabin. She had been in the room, other then sneaking out for food and restroom breaks, since she finished up the little bits of shopping she wanted to do. She had spent hours interrogating Mr. Waffles for advice, but he was no hope. And she knew that, but talking things out sometimes brought her the answers.

Now it was time to get back underway again, and she would have to leave her cabin, so she found herself dressed in her pilot's uniform and sitting at her desk looking at Mr Waffles. "I'm not sure I can do this... I have to, but I don't think I'll be able to deal with things." The stuffed dinosaur sat there staring at her unblinkingly. "I KNOW... I know I have to go out there now... But I'm nervous... "
She replied to the dino. "Would you stop staring at me..." She tossed the stegosaurus over to her bunk and stood up with a huff. She pulled her new plain colored NSP from her locker and put it on her hip, along with the spare mags for it, then pulling out from under her panties she retrieved the black on and put it in the thigh holster under her skirt. It was one of the few things she picked up. At least this way she would feel a little like a Saint operative out there and not just a shuttle driver.

She went back tot he bed and picked Mr. Waffles up. "I'm sorry I know you're just trying to help." She squeezed the stuffed companion tightly before putting him to rights on her bunk. "Take care... and stay out of trouble." She smiled and headed out the door.

REPAIR BAY

Freyja came wondering in with her hair partially covering her glasses. Though she was going over a few notices that Saint had sent out. Mainly information on equipment upgrades, and non-classified diplomatic updates. It seemed like a lot of different things were happening out there in the stars.

When she saw the Captain she smiled faintly and walked up to her. "Ma'am when you have a moment of time, I would like to ask you..." She stopped for a moment and thought out her next words. "About changing my status on the ship."

Repair Bay

Josea had taken a place at the end of the crew formation and stood waiting for Katae to start.

Katae looked at Freyja, 'This is not the time for personnel changes.' she thought. "Very well, speak to me after the briefing. Kindly fall in with the others."

She then turned her attention to the crew at large. In a clear loud voice she started.

"Good Morning crew.

As you know our mission is to find our guest Kata'nova's people the Neshaten. While we were on the surface of the planet dealing with the Thaurgons, our squadron and the Kyoten were conducting scans to try and find them. Josea would you please provide your report."

Josea stepped forward and stood next to Katae.

"Thank you Taisa." he said, and sent a command to the Kyoten's MEGAMI. A volumetric display of the sector appeared behind him.

"Our squadron and the Kyoten since we arrived in the AX-3 system have been conducting extensive electromagnetic scans. They were looking for signal emissions like those from Kata'nova's fighter when she arrived.

All of their sensor data was then shunted to Eternity as well as the other ships. The MEGAMI's looking for any electronic whisper that matched. Once they had several candidates, then all resources were trained in those directions. They effectively became a giant antenna array giving us a greater resolution.

I will not bore you with the technical details. But suffice it to say that last night. We found a star system that appears to be the source of a number of signals from the Neshaten. Via triangulation we have a fix on that star system. Eternity and I have spent the past few hours analyzing the data and have confirmed that the signals were speaking her language.

Due to the distance involved. The only thing we can be certain is, that at one time the Neshaten were in this system. The signals are still coming in. So we can only hope that they still have a presence there."

Repair Bay

"Yes Ma'am" and Freyja did. She stood there listening until Josea started talking. She blushed and tried to keep from running to hide again. Though she recorded the briefing and understood it all, she wished she was somewhere else. She prayed to anyone above, to keep others from noticing her, and her blush.

All in all though she was pleased they were steps in getting Kata' home. She would be sad to see her go, but at least she would be home with her friends and family. And maybe once they did find her home Freyja could figure out a way to keep in contact.

Repair Bay

Sheela watched the latecomers appear and fall in formation. She listened in on the few conversations that her sentive hearing could pick up by swiveling her ears to get the best reception. Then turned her attention to Katae when she spoke. Then listened to the brief given by Josea and looked over the volmetric display that appeared behind him.

Repair Bay

Rin just watched the others fill into the area, then listened to the speech and smiled "oh that sounds good, means we can take her home to her people" he seemed happy that they could help someone. He looked around at everyone, last time he was here he didn't really meet anyone then left too suddendly to actually meet anyone and form bonds with them, he was happy he got another change to prove himself and meet the crew.

Repair Bay

So they were getting closer to figuring out where that fox girl had come from. Primed from his first set of aliens to deal with, another set that Eiven may have the chance to get to know was exciting news. That said, where was that Kata'nova anyway? He had heard that an emergency that involved her turned medical rather quickly. The doctor would have to enquirer at some point once they hit the good ol' dusty.

Repair Bay

Josea took his place next to the crew. Katae stepped forward and pointed to the volumetric.

"So as Josea has said; we have a target system. However, we also know her people have a space born military. What we do not know is their mindset towards aliens. I have been doing a great deal of thinking about how best to proceed. I have misgivings about bringing the squadron into the system. A squadron of warships might appear as provocative.

So Chusa Kurusu is going to take the Tanoshimi, my personal starship into the system. A civilian craft should not be seen as a threat. Obviously she is going to need a crew. So after the briefing, I will provide the list of those going. Meanwhile as the Tanoshimi goes in, the squadron under my command will be in full cloak. We will hold 30 light seconds behind the contact team.

Those of you going will have fifteen minutes to pack a small personal bag."

Repair Bay

Thump!

Sheela's luggage and gear fell to the floor beside in her excitement at the chance to be part of a contact team. Only to be reminded that it would take more than fifteen minutes to be ready when the time came for the team to depart. She visibly deflated, looking at her stuff next to her on the deck.

"Squeee..." In a soft exhaling sigh as she up righted her stuff again, trying not to be disruptive of those around her in formation and briefing by the Katae.

"Just a quick question, taisa. Should we defend ourselves somehow if things turn hostile?" Yoshiro asked. He didn't want to fight if he didn't have to but he wanted to protect his crewmates.

Repair Bay

Katae looked over at Yoshiro, "The Tanoshimi is lightly armed. Obviously if attacked you will have the option of defending yourself. Of course that decision will be made by the Chusa.

Here is the list of personnel who will be going on the Contact team.
Kurusu Misaki, Eiven Lankinen, Arai Saki, Tanaka, Yoshiro, Nagato Maki, Freyja Oinari, Oto Ni, Swiftpaw Sheela, Okumura Rin. Gustav Josea."

She then turned to Kurusu. "Chusa, do you have anything you wish to say to the contact team?"

Repair Bay

Kata'nova continued to listen in and, in the end, choose to go with the translator again since she still couldn't fully grasp the language entirely... Yamataian.. such a difficult language, at least thats what she felt anyway. Moving her head curiously to one side, listening to the words spoken into her ears, she knew that this was about her people and the potential of them finding a planet that held a set of signals.. was it the one her own suit had picked up? Doubtful, she thought and sat up, her legs curled inward in a sitting posture and her hands collasped within. I wonder how my people would respond to seeing these people... I better consider the possibly of an altercation 'just' in case, hmm.. I could always use 'that' method... since its unknown to these people. With a broad smile on her face the young Kit stood up and glanced back down toward the group.

She then descended along the side of the containers, out of sight, and landed silently upon the deck before walking out into view; the lack of a helmet being on, although carried under her arms, showed her curiousity.

Repair Bay

Josea seeing Kata'nova come out of her hiding place moved over to her. He handed her a simple audio player. "I would appreciate it if you would take some time and listen to these recordings. They are old, but perhaps you can here something that might sound familiar. It would be good if we had some sort of idea what that star system was used for in your past."

Katae looked around, and before Kurusu could speak. "Two other details, everyone on the contact team will be issued a EM-J5-1a FARS for the duration which you can customize from the modules over there." she said pointing to a pair of SSCTs' Lastly, if your mental backup is not current. I strongly suggest you get it taken care of. New folks that means a trip to medical either aboard the Aeon or Kyoten. Anyone with a SPINE can update their backup remotely as well."

She then started walking and stopped in front of Freyja. "Freyja Oinari - Nitô Hei come with me and we will talk." she resumed her walking and entered the Aeon's open cargo hold by walking up the ramp.

Repair Bay

As Rin listened he thought he wouldn't be one of the people on the civilian ship as he had only just returned and there was probably more people in the cre better for the task than the engineer, he had to retrace what Katae said, him on the team! He was really happy with this news and a small smiled formed on his face, at least he could still smile with happiness he thought to himself as he stood up and got his duffle bag, "hmm well then, guess I will dump this somewhere then unpack what I need and bring that" he was talking to himself not really realising that he had spoken out loud.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back