• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 8.0] Destination North by Northeast

Repair Bay -> Aeon

Sheela let out a soft "squeak" of dismay as she broke formation with her stuff and madly dashed aboard the Aeon, passing Katae in her rush to find a spot to repack a travel kit. Her stuff behind her, following on squeaky wheels due to the load of wheeled case had to carry now. She found a corner in the cargo bay aboard the Aeon and dumped her bags onto the deck and began to go through her gear. Repacking stuff that she wouldn't need neatly back into the Duffle bag of hers.

Once her stuff was packed again, she secured her duffle bag in Cargo for now. As she still hadn't been assigned quarters as far as she knew currently. She came back down with her wheeled case behind her with the stuff she would need. Life was interesting. Passing Katae on her way out, she nodded her head with a soft "squeakies" of thanks by her tone for being assigned such position of trust.

Her tail behind her weaved excited curves to assist her rapid movements and maneuvers to avoid personnel and cargo. It came close to hitting Kate, but fortunately missed by a few centimeters. On her MIDF uniform was the Aeon ship patch safety pinned over her uniform unit patch.

Cargo Hold - YSS Aeon

Katae looked around the hold as she waited for Freyja to join her. This was definitely not a good time for Freyja to decide that she wanted to leave the ship. She would have to find a way to convince her to stay.

Freyja almost jumped at the calling of her name. She didn't think that Katae would be willing to talk to her so soon. She glanced over to the SSCT full of the cool hovering bots. She really wanted one, but she was sure she would get a change to get on after speaking to the ship's CO. "Yes Ma'am." quickly she fell in step with Katae as they went up into the ship.

"So, you said you wanted to change your status on the ship. By that do you mean you wish a transfer off the Aeon? Because if so, your timing could not be worse." Katae said in an even tone.

"No!" Freyja responded panicky, "No Ma'am I want to stay aboard!"

"So what is the change that you are wanting to make?"

"I would like to do more then fly the shuttles around. Not that I don't like to fly it... but it seems all i am lately is a bus driver." She frowned and hoped she wasn't offending the CO with her statement.

"I am glad to hear that, because for now I consider that a waste of your talents being a shuttle pilot. So what do you want to do?"

Freyja stopped mid-stride and thought how to ask. It took her a moment to put the words together. "I would like to..." She blushed a little. "Fight the ship... Fly it and maybe even use the weapons... I was trained to fight them back in... In my training."

Katae smiled. "So you want a bridge position. Good, we are short bridge personnel on day shift. I have been training one person but to reach maximum potential. We need two working together to reach that."

The Red head nodded and smiled, "Can I really? I promise not to break the ship..." She wanted to promise not to make anyone sick from her flying, but there were just things she wasn't capable to promise.

"You break her, I will dock your salary for her repairs. The Eternity is a good ship, and has a strong heart. Work with her and you will do fine. Fight against her, and it will not go well. After the contact mission you can serve on our bridge. For now you should return to the others. I will notify the XO of your change of position."

"Yes Ma'am.. umm.. Will I be flying the other ship?" Freyja pointed back out the ramp to the ship they would be leaving on.

"Ultimately that will be up to the Chusa, but the bridge on the Tanoshimi has three stations. So it would be in her interest to have to operators working there with her."

"Ok. I hope so... Sitting around waiting to do something is boring.." Even though the words were winey in themselves, the tone was anything but. She was quite excited that even if she had to wait until they got back to the Aeon, she would be flying again, and thing time something funner then a shuttle.

"The XO is going to need to concentrate on command. So she will delegate ship functions to allow her to focus on the big picture. Oh, and remember the Tanoshimi was a gift from my clan. So don't scratch the paint job."

her eyes widened, concern and mild panic rolled through them, "I wasn't planning on doing anything of the like. It doesn't seem to be the kind of ship to take into combat maneuvers.."

"This is a first contact with a species we know very little about. From what we can tell Kata'nova is young by human standards and she is in their military. We need to proceed with caution. We do not know what will happen. I hope it goes well. But it only takes one mistake to turn a first contact into a horrible historic event."

"I understand... I will fly... um... non-threatening." she smiled at her stupid joke and looked around. "I'll try to keep the others from doing something," She paused, tipping her head to the side thinking. "Regrettable."

"That's all I can ask. Best get back out there for whatever the XO wants to tell you folks. After that its mental backup time."

"Yes Ma'am. Thank you again." Freyja bowed and then turned to head back down the ramp. She wanted to ask about Josea, but that would have to wait.

Yoshiro returned to his quarters and packed his supplies and some clothing for the trip. He made sure that his uniform was straightened out and he made sure that his FARS was equipped with first aid systems and made sure that he had all of the components. After gathering his things he went back to where the Chusa would brief them and waited for her to arrive.

Repair Bay

Kata'nova nodded her head, a smile on her face that was there for only a brief moment before she looked down at the audio player; her eyes then moved about the bay for a place to sit and once seated she fiddled around with the player; its simple design made it pretty easy to tell 'how' to start it, although the icons on the buttons made no sense to her, she pretty much had a general idea 'what' each meant. Before starting up the player, she set her suit to begin recording, so that she could better analyze the sound later on.

Flicking the 'play' button, she listened to the sounds coming through it, the first few minutes were generic - background noise - although she could vaguely pick up on the occasional burst of 'music', sketchy and barely understandable but enough that she could tell that it 'was' music, although not enough to tell 'whose' music it was. As the playback continued, she would pick up some voices, transmissions of sorts - barely audible but enough that she could make out a few words here and there, but a more indepth analyze would be needed.

Hitting the stop button, she leaned back against a crate and folded her arms, she began to think about 'what' it was that was on the audio player, what the words meant. Glancing back down at the player, she squeezd it tightly and brought it up to her face, then back down and looked over at those still in the bay. She didn't hear her name being called, but then, maybe it was justa given that she might be going - if her people were on that planet, this crew had a better chance of having first contact with her there due to her people's current standing orders, those being: to avoid all contact with unknown ships or persons. Although she had to wonder, was that order really a full navy order, or just one restrained to her mission......

Repair Bay -> YSS Aeon

Rin walked over to Kata'nova, he had heard the audio player and hoped he could help her. He smiled at the girl and gulped not sure if she would understand all of what he said to her "hello miss, I heard the player would you like some help to try and get the voices clearer" he wanted to help the girl get to her own species and if the audio player helped in anyway he wanted to help her. As he looked down at his duffel bag then back at her "let me sort out a small bag to take then we can work on it together" he bowed and walked onto the ship looking for a cabin with a spare bed, finding one he dumped the bag on the non used bed and starts taking out what he didn't need, leaving tools, Cerus, some clothes and what he had on him at the moment.

As Rin walked back out he sighed and rubbed his eyes, his time with his sister had done a lot of damage to his sleep and also he hadn't eaten that much as he worried a lot while with her, he still did worry but she was better and being looked after by his brother so all was well, he made his way back outside and brought out Cerus the little quadripedal robot and started working on it talking to it while he did calling it a her, to the others he most of seemed weird but he didn't care.

Repair Bay

Eiven was a little surprised at being sent along on the trip; however seeing as he was now the third of three officers, the selection made some sense. Seeing the XO not offer up much and the Captain mention backups just prior to leaving, the doctor looked over at Kurusu and bowed, "Ma'am, the fifteen minute pack is fine, but backups for some may take longer. Will this be incorporated into the time table?"

The officer cadet was quickly glad he had taken the time before showing up in order to be ready. He had wondered if perhaps he was being a little silly about it; but with the likelihood that the doctor would be spending more time backing others up rather than having the time for himself, it was a concern. Try not to feel too comfortable being prepared, he thought to himself, You know damn well how quickly things can go downhill when you least expect it.

Repair Bay

Katae walked back out to the remaining crew. She looked at her XO. "Perhaps it is best to let them make their preparations and then you can address the members of your team."

"All right. They need time to prepare anyway. I have readied the bridge already. We should be spaceworthy, but after I speak with them I will get the bridge crew in place and then let them adjust the systems to their preferences." She agreed, "I have taken one of the gift swords with me. Do you have any other gifts you might wish to present to her people? I am looking forward to this, though not as much when not on a warship. The last time I had major diplomatic experience was with her highness, at least we can estimate /these/ people probably do not live under the sea. Though, that was a very good learning experience." The XO admitted, it had been one of her first non-combat missions that did not directly support the war effort in some manner.

The manifest of her team updated, bringing the change in position for Freyja, which meant she would have an experienced pilot on board and not need to worry about that herself. It made the samurai feel a touch more at ease about popping into an unknown and unexplored system as far as the Empire was concerned, and trying to say hello. She had been reviewing many of the recent first contacts of the Empire, they had been going better than some years ago, and she did not plan on changing that improving record.

"My effects are on board of course. I expect to bring her back in no more than three different pieces." The officer said in a deadpan. She was trying her hand at a joke but she was not exactly known for it. Too stiff for many Nekovalkryja, too affable and affectionate, she was sure as the latter had come after her samurai training, for her instructors then.

:: Scout ship ::

Sheela had her stuff and gear in her assigned den (quarters) aboard the Scout ship they was taking to meet up with Kata's people. She scampered through the ship, peeking and poking into what ever she could access on the way to the engineering section of the Scout Ship.

::Scout Ship Engineering Section::

"Squeakies!" Giving her usual announcement of arriving to alert whomever was in charge. "Iz Swiftpaws, Temp duty assignment." Moving over to the engineering console and activating it to see the status of the ship the Aeon Advance Team was taking.

This was going to be interesting to say the least. She went to reading the information being displayed on the screen before her as her fingers danced on the keyboard. Claws making a soft ticking sounds as she inputted commands to the ship's computer to display what she wanted to see and read. It may be slower than what the Nekos could do, she wanted first hand knowledge straight from the ship.

Repair Bay

Katae raised an eyebrow at Kurusu. It took her a moment to realize that her XO was actually making an attempt at a joke. She smiled at Kurusa, "Good to see you have a criteria for success. The Tanoshimi was a gift from my clan. So I would appreciate it if you brought her back in no more than two pieces." she said with a grin. "Well, we have a few minutes while the crew makes their backups. There is coffee aboard the Tanoshimi. Care to join me in a cup while we wait."

Engineering
Sheela would find the Tanoshimi's systems responsive to her touch. It showed that several of the systems, communications, the Psionic Signal Controller had been upgraded to SAOY versions. The ship was already running on its Aether generators.

Repair Bay

Seeing the XO's reply being more directed at the Captain than him, Eiven noted the information provided while he waited for a polite time to bow out and get his own things done. Meanwhile, he thought to himself about whether or not he was really needed for the backups as Sunflower was more than competent enough and there really was only one chair. Kurusu's rather deadpan joke on the other hand did end up coming across rather cute - like someone first learning how to throw a ball, or a kitten attacking a laser painted surface.

Seeing the closure made by Katae, the doctor bowed to both superior officers. "Then I shall get my affairs in order then," he offered, "See you on the Tanoshimi, Chusa. Taisa, I'll see to keeping everyone each in one piece." With a wink offered for the latter, Eiven gave both another bow before making his way to his cabin.

Cabin 7

Upon arrival, Eiven was quick to pull his daybag out a gain and made sure to throw in the essentials: socks, underwear, and spare NSP batteries. Next, he tossed in a fresh towel, toiletries (each item in their own sealed plastic bags), and a spare uniform. Thinking he was about ready, however, the officer cadet paused at the door before recalling his lab coat. Grabbing that as well, the doctor waved good by to the digital picture frame that changed between various pictures of his family and left for the Tanoshimi.

Aeon

Sunflower had followed Eiven at a discrete distance. She wondered if he was going to help with the backups. When she saw him leave his room with his bags, she surmised he was not.

"Good Luck Shoi Kohosei. I'll take care of things here in your absence." she said, then gave a curt bow and made her way to Medical. Once she arrived in medical she fired up the Mental Backup station.

Aeon ~~ Cabin 8

The cabin was a furry of uniforms and requested SAINT equipment begin tossed onto the bed. Freyja was trying to get her gear packed quickly so that she could also get a chance to build a cool drone for herself. They all went into one of her bags, care to make sure the equipment she brought along were on the bottom, well hidden. She finally zipped the bag shut and turned to a little box on her desk.

Sitting down she opened the box and looked at the matching pair of glasses. These were built to look identical to her current pair, but these were upgraded to be for intelligence agents. She had requested them along with a few other little toys during the leave. She was a bit trepidations to be in a different pair then what she was used to, but she knew she would have to adapt. She took off her old pair and slipped the new ones on, leaving the old in the box on the desk.

Freyja smiled and grabbed the last vital piece of equipment and stuffed Mr. Waffles under her arm. "We're going on an adventure." she joked to the stuffed stegosaurus as she pulled her bag and left the cabin.

Repair Bay.

She pulled her bag up and set her stuffed animal on it, before going over to the SSCT and started working on putting together her personal assistance drone.

Repair Bay

Rin looked up from his little robot to see that people were getting ready as he puts Cerus on his back "stay girl" he chuckled and walked around seeing what others were doing while they wait to leave, he saw a girl working on a assistance drone and decided that was the most interesting thing at the moment and watched the girl work on the drone. He found it interesting as he hadn't watched other people work before, he was normally in the back working on some random pieces of metal to see if he could create something out of it, other people working actually interested him more than he would care to admit to anyone.

Repair Bay

Kata'nova merely smiled at Rin's offer for help and watched as the crewmen left; she leaned backwards a bit and flipped the record in and around her fingers while thinking about its contents; not even realizing that with the amount of time that had passed that Rin had actually returned and hadn't noticed his return either. May as well practice their language while looking through this file, she thought to herself and placed the recorder onto her knee-cap. "The voices sound like of my people," she began to say in Yamataian, without realizing it... and unaware that she had her helmets external speakers on, "But are intermixed, I hear - other stuff," she started the recording that had been recorded by her suit.

Thinking to herself, she knew that she was screwing up the language bit - so she stopped and spoke some of the words again in her mind before continuing on.

The voices played again, as they did so, she lifted up her wrist and activated the function that caused a holographic image to explode out of the wrist guard. She tapped on a small keypad before lowering her wrist back down and using her other hand to shift through the recording. "It does that there are voices, but what they," the holo-screen shifted and blew up a part of the recording that showed a spike where the voices. "I'll have to let the program run a bit more to seperate the voices better.. ughs.. I wish I had my craft, it has the processing power to do this, it would take it mere minutes instead of a couple days, of course... I 'could' always attempt to upgrade the suits processing power, that would take a few hours at most.. upgrading the software wouldn't take to long afterwards!" the kit nodded enthusiatically.

Repair Bay

On his way out, Eiven did offer a bow back to Sunflower after her fairwell, but then continued on to worry himself about getting the rest set up. Arriving back in the Repair Bay, he began adding the first aid addition to the EM-J5 he had been assigned as a way to wait for the secondary briefing. Everything seemed to be simple enough as the doctor continued through the personalization settings; however the Emoticon Pack was a little odd.

Running through the samples of each personality, the old man widened his eyes, shook his head, smiled with great reserve, and on it went through the others. As fun or entertaining as they all were, the drawbacks for what Eiven felt he needed made the choices all rather difficult. Even with how innocent the kitten managed to be, the memory of one he had years ago caused him to cringe thinking about how it would try to 'help' around the med bay.

Seeing as so many could possibly be ok, Eiven decided to just break down and use a random number generator on SYNC. Upon getting the number back and noticing which it was, the old man sighed and shook his head before selecting it. The kitten it would be, and he would hope that it did not try to be too 'helpful'.

Repair Bay

Rin went back to Kata'nova and smiled slightly listening to the girl talk about her craft and that it would take minutes not days to work sort out the voices "can you tell me how that works? It sounds really interesting, if you don't mind I would love to talk shop with you on our journey, I would like to know more about your race anything that your allowed to share of course, I guess a lot of your technology your not allowed to share." He stops talking then looks down "sorry I must seem really weird saying this, I am Santo Hei Rin Okumura engineer/techie" he chuckles and gave a little bow to the girl then stood up and looked at the girl's wrists then takes off his belt "if you need tools here, there are a lot of tools in here to help."

Repair Bay

Josea came back out of the Aeon carrying an SSS duffel bag. He noted Rin talking with Kata'nova. More to the point he noticed that their guest was actually trying to talk to him. Definitely progress in his opinion. He approached and spoke after Rin.

"Kata'nova. You are assigned guest cabin 2 on the Tanoshimi. The life support has been programmed to provide lighting per your norm. I will be in cabin 1. I am taking my stuff in so that when the XO is ready to leave I will not have to get the secured then."

Repair Bay

Kata'nova shook her head. "Not wierd," she responded in plain Yamataian. "Tools....?" her head shifted a bit on her body as she didn't really know 'what' the soldier meant by that word and waited until the translation software kicked in to match it up with a word of a similair meaning in her language, based off what the soldier had done with his belt. "Ahh! I fine."

The girl looked back at the holo-image and pondered. "I can't talk about technology much, it forbidden," she said in response to his earlier inquiry. "I know not how much I can speak of, and no want to risk ire of superiors if return happens..." she wasn't going to mention that her suit actually was recording everything she was doing, every word, every action, every moment was being consigned to the suits micro-black box; a function unique to the version of armoured body suit that she wore and a function not commonly found on the standard suit. "But, mayhap this is fine?" she shrugged her shoulders and lifted her wrist to show that there were tiny emitters located along the top and even along the hands, then tapped her helmet - located just above the visor were several other emitter like disks, part of the suits holographic system. "These let holograms work," she smiled.

Repair Bay

Rin listened to the girl talk as he put his belt slowly back on, he also heard Josea and what she said about Cabin 2 and he smiled then looked at the armour that covered the girl in front of him "that is very cool, I really like your armour it is very interesting" he went back to his bag and got Cerus then brought her back to the girl "this is Cerus, I have been working on her for a while, if you want you can have her for the trip." Rin smiled brightly as the robot he was holding still needed a lot of work but the over shape was there, similar to a spider but with four legs not eight "she is still a work in progress though, I still love her though."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back