• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 8.0] Destination North by Northeast

"Coffee? That is a good drink before battle-or, hopefully not that much." The XO took a moment though, before she followed the captain on board the smaller ship, to send a message to the crew for the time being.

This is Kurusu. Please ensure your belongings are stowed on board before we disembark. I will be on board while we make final preparations. Once you have settled report in.

"I suppose I could just speak to them on board, though there's not quite as much room as on the deck, it will get us underway faster." She observed as they got on board, "I will present them a gift, assuming we get to the stage of dignitaries meeting. One should hope having one of their pilots means at least we'll be regarded as more than just a threat to them. It would be odd frankly if they did not view us as that, unless their own systems are far superior to our own." Suggested the samurai, and once they were inside, well, she made short work of finding where the coffee had been hidden from her, though she waited for Katae to take her seat before doing the same, naturally.

Tanoshimi

Katae lead Kurusu to the Owner's suite the door opened as she approached. "Thank you Hakken" she said, a male voice came from the intercom. "Welcome about Ise Katae. I am looking forward to this opportunity to serve."

Katae stepped into the room, while nicely decorated it still had a bit of a spartan feel. There on the coffee table in front of the sofa was an insulated pot of coffee. She took a seat at the end of the sofa closet to the shelves. The shelves were mostly filled with an assortment of books. She picked up the coffee and poured herself a cup. She added a spoonful of raw sugar and stirred it.

She looked at Kurusu. "Eternity has briefed Hakken as to the nature of the mission, and that you are in command." She relaxed on the couch and took a sip.

"It is my fervent hope that Kata'nova's presence will smooth things. But we can not say. We know very little about her people. Nor do we know what contact they have had with other species, and if those were peaceful or not." she said in response

Tanoshimi

Sheela scampered through the ship, getting familiar with the lay out, checking on the Aether Generators and making sure they were up to operation specs. She glared at her wrist computer as it chirped an incoming message waiting for attention. "Squick! Whot now?" She paused long enough to check the message out.

"Squoh!" Sheela spoke and resumed her rounds of familiarization, forgetting to report in as she tweaked a few setting to optimize performance on a few system.

Tanoshimi

Once he had everything figured out with the robot, Eiven made his way onto the Tanoshimi and down the hall to the closest staircase. From there, he went down to Deck 2 where he took another set of hallways to the Medical Bay where he started to get things secure. Looking around, however, the doctor began to recall the old days before a certain technology that made many of the things he had learned obsolete.

"Well, I guess this will be your new home for a little while," he mumbled to himself, "Here's hoping we don't need it too often."

Repair Bay

Kata'nova looked it over from the front and side, it was cute - in its own way - it did resemble what her people would consider to be arachnid although the ones she was used to seeing had a lot more legs... and were much 'much' taller, this one naturally was a toy so it wasn't something that worried her, but she was curious. "If love, why give way?" she had a mixture of curiousity and confusion on her face, this wasn't a gesture she understood.

Repair Bay

Rin smiled happily "well think of it as a little thing to play with while your on the ship, I would like to talk with you more and want you to have some fun before you go home" he chuckled and looked at Cerus "she is what I spent my time at the academy doing, Cerus is her name I hope you will like her" he felt weird calling Cerus a she to other people but he was used to it and couldn't stop.

Tanoshimi

Tables looked good, cabinets were stocked, the place even looked like it had been cleaned recently, how about that. Eiven nodded and left his bag and drone next to the desk before wondering what next needed to be worried about. He could try bothering Kurusu again; however he wondered if that would only result in a repeat of last time he tried.

That said, being the only other officer who would be aboard, they needed to talk. They needed to make sure what was happening was understood. The doctor paused a moment more, but then asked the computer to find out where the XO was.

Tanoshimi

Hakken replied, "She is in the Owner's Suite with Ise-Taisa. Sakura-Jôtô Hei has transferred all data on the transferred crew and Kata'nova for your use, Sir."

Bridge

Josea was on the bridge at the sensor station. He had finished uploading the latest Translation Algorithm for the Neshaten language. He also programmed the various frequencies that they had isolated from the scan. This way the ship had a chance of locating the same frequency when in system. Once this was completed he left the bridge and made his way to the lounge. He unrolled his keyboard and began working on a new piece.

Yoshiro hurried to the shuttle and boarded. He activated his FARS emoticon and found that he had installed the young female emoticon and it started to look around as it hovered. "Wow, so I guess that we are going to be partners and such. Glad to meet ya!" The FARS said and giggled. Yoshiro looked a bit surprised and then decided to talk to it. "So I assume that you need a name. How about Hoshiko?" Yoshiro asked and the FARS stopped and hovered as if in thought then giggled. "I guess that would be fine though I am not a little star." Hoshiko said and giggled again. Yoshiro sighed, deciding that it was too late to do anything about switching personailities for his FARS.

Tanoshimi

After boarding Freyja found an out of the way place to drop her bag, she ordered Mr. Cuddles with Mr. Waffles riding it to watch her bags. It would report to her if anyone tried to tamper with it or the bags. Patting it on the to of it's chassis, Freyja turned and started her way to the bridge. She wasn't sure if she would be allowed to fly it but she figured it would be the best place for her to wait.

Tanoshimi ~Bridge

As she walked onto the bridge she say Joesa She blushed again before moving to the pilot's station and made her self quite busy getting used to the controls and the lay out of the ship's thrust profile. She hoped He couldn't see her blush or even really noticed her there.

Tanoshimi

Rin smiled and looked at Kata'nova "we better get on the ship or you will never get home now lets go" he gently holds her wrist and takes her onto the civilian ship "okay lets see if we can find your room miss" he goes towards the cabins and lets go of Kata'nova's wrist.

"The best hope out of this is to make some sort of accord to begin diplomatic relations. Barring that, coming back in one piece would be nice. Her ship was indeed armed after all." The other woman pointed out as she studied Katae's face, hoping she'd see her again in the near future, before things became a bit harried again. That was the nature of relationships in the service though, "I should mention I feel a bit odd being away from you for so long, I am used to being the sword. I will manage though, do not worry. Most of the crew has checked in, we'll be able to get underway soon." She had been keeping tabs on them through the ship's link to her, and added, "Would you like to add anything else before we get underway?" As she poured her own coffee, black, she joined Katae by sitting next to her, but not crowding her.

"I brought my dress uniform in the hope things go exceptionally well, and we'll end up all needing to look snappy. Snappy is the word, isn't it?"

Owners Suite

Katae listened to her Kurusu. She thought about the subtle changes in her XO as she learned to relax and interact. She put down her cup of coffee. "This is a good opportunity for you. As you said our goal is to at least establish favorable conditions for the Premier to come and finalize relations.

Once you establish communications and determine if they are interested in contact. I'll bring the Aeon in and we can see about breaking the crew up into smaller groups. Our objective will be to learn what we can about the Neshaten, and teach them some of what Yamatai means. As we know medically there are challenges, so it would be good to have our new Medical officer meet with some of their medical people. Likewise with our other members."

She reached over and took Kurusus's hand she brought it up and kissed it. "Snappy is the word. Make me proud and serve our Empire well."

Tanoshimi - Medical

Thanking Hakken for the information, Eiven was reminded of two other issues that needed to be taken care of before take off. First he took a quick look through the back up information Sunflower had sent him and passed back to her a kindly worded thank-you and good luck. Then the doctor sent a note to Josea stating that he would like to talk about Kata'nova when the opportunity presents itself after their departure.

That all concluded, the old man looked around again and noted that his FARS drone was chasing volumetrics around behind various pieces of equipment. Heaving a sigh, Eiven could only shake his head before leaving the desk and making his way to the Med Bay door. He had made his choice and knew very well that such should be expected from his new assistant.

Owner's Suite

Keeping in mind that the Captain would still be around, the Shoi Kohosei took his time going up the stairs then across Deck 1 to the Owner's Suite. He hoped that in doing this he had given them time for discussions and that his arrival would not be an excessive disruption. Arriving at the door, however, Eiven's confidence in that assumption wavered and waited a few minutes more before finally ringing the chime.

Tanoshimi

Sheela scowled as she came across someone's kit with their stuffed animal and robot. She moved the bags out of the way of the panel it blocked. She kneeled and opened the panel as she conferred with her wrist computer. She looked in with glances to the her wrist computer screen.

She reached in and made a few adjustments to a small control panel there and ran a quick response test. She smiled at the readings the panel displayed. "Squea..." Softly as she closed the panel and scampered off. Leaving the luggage kit where she had moved it to.

She could sense through the harmonics and soft vibration of an active ship that was just about reaching it fullest performance capabilities.

As Kata'nova was lead to teh Tanoshimi, she thought about what was going to happen from here on out; if they ran into her people, how would 'they' respond to her being on some foreign vessel? Although she also wondered if they'd run into her people's enemy, and wondered if she should at least give Josea - the person who seemed to understand her a bit, along with Freqya, a heads up on this. Problem is? She knew not how to contact either right now, as the systems on the ship were still quite foreign to her.

After getting to her cabin, she looked inside for a moment, then down the hallway. "Than ou," she said to Rin, although butchering the language a bit

Owner's Suite

Katae let go of Kurusu's hand. "Seems our moment is gone for now." She turned her attention to the door.

"Hakken, open door please." The door slid open before Eiven.

Tanoshimi

Rin smiled at the girl "no problem, your name is Kata'nova right?" he said the name weird not really sure how it was pronounced, he looked at her "I hope we find your family, as family is important" he turned to leave Cerus still with Kata'nova as he hoped she would enjoy the bot. "Oh I had an idea, could you teach me some of your language?" he said stopping "it could help as you could speak normally and when we meet your ship I can help talk to them."

Owner's Suite

Seeing the doors open, Eiven respectfully made his way in; but was caught off guard by seeing both Katae and Kurusu there. He bowed to both as he began to remember that this was not the partnership practice he had been part of for over a decade - it was a hierarchy of duty, responsibility, merit, and respect. As the doctor rose, he realized his original approach was not going to work out well, nor would it ever have. He needed to do this somewhat politically, and build on his reputation one brick at a time.

"Sorry if I am interrupting," the Shoi Kohosei began with a second bow, "Chui, I just wanted to let you know that the Medical Bay is in order and the back-ups have all been uploaded and squared away. Is there anything you want me to look into before I start into my other duties?"

It seems so. Kurusu sent back to Katae as her expression became more neutral as Eiven stepped into the cabin.

"I am a Chusa. You are not interrupting." Misaki replied, and regarded the junior officer,"Have the ship postulate on the possible conditions we might face in terms of atmosphere and other factors if we go to a planet that might support the species of out guest. Given she has seemed to have no difficulty with Imperial standards I do not anticipate anything, but it is good practice for what I am certain will need to be an extensive preliminary xenobiological report when we finish."

"Do you have any questions? Now that all our backups are complete I will address the crew from stations and we will get underway."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back