• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 8.0] Destination North by Northeast

Katae listened the suggestion Kurusu made to Eiven. She decided that since her XO was involved with Eiven she would leave. Katae stood up and adjusted her uniform. "I will be heading back to Aeon. I will have the squadron ready to leave right after you folks go." she said. She walked to the doorway and turned to Kurusu. "Have you decided who will be your acting XO?"

Kata'nova smiled nervously at Rin. "Language not easy, difficult; different from Yamatai speak. Take many seasons, unless dedicated." Kata'nova found it curious that this one wanted to learn her language, espically given that she herself didn't fully 'know' her own language as she was still in the midst of learning it before she left on her mission; after all, just because a person was part of the Youth Corp didn't mean that they were no longer being schooled. Their language was always evolving, always changing, if a word meant only two things on season might mean several more another season later.

"Can try," she said and tapped her chin curiously. "First, where Josea?" she asked.

Saki ran to her room to pack up things, she wanted to take when she got an idea. She grabbed her communicator and send message to Captain Katae, with XO in copy.
Captain,

I would humly request your permission to take power armour along for me and Yoshiro just to be secure. Only with LASR, counter-measure pods and teleport packs. Nothing too heavy. We probably won't need them, but better have them and not need them, rather then not having them and need them. Would this be acceptable? Of course should First Officer Kurusu decide against it, I think it is her right as mission leader. Thank you.

Arai Saki Joto-Hei

Saki was not sure if she formulated the message right, but that will be yet to see. She send the message and went back to packing.

Sheela finished her checks and adjustment to the new ship she was on and was on. She made her way back to the engineering section an stowed away her tools and equipment. Unsure what to do next. She meandered up through the ship, hoping there was room for her.

Realizing she hadn't checked in yet, made her way to the CO's Quarters. As she approached, she saw Katae blocking the entrance with her back to her. "Mez Lady Captain! The ship is ready for the mission at paws!"

Rin looked at the girl "hmmm I don't know, well if you want to go around and find him, I can help unless you don't want me to come with you." He grinned and leaned against the wall not really sure what to do, he felt he may be weirding her out.

Last edited:
Tanoshimi ~Bridge

The systems and lay out of controls seemed fairly standard as Freyja worked through the different thrust profiles. She sat there and started working through the flight plans and laying out courses that would bring them to where they wanted. It wasn't like flying a fighter or the shuttle, but it was close enough.

"Sorry Chusa, and I will look into that then," Eiven bowed, "Otherwise, no further questions."

How could that have slipped his mind was beyond him; but the doctor figured it may be best to just be on call instead of being the one calling. Katae's question, did pique his interest; however with how badly he presented himself and now one of the technicians looking for Kurusu's attention, Eiven decided he may wish to cut his losses instead.

"Permission to carry on then, Chusa?" he asked, hoping he could make a less embarrassing exit.

Last edited:
"Mr. Lankien should fit the bill. I will have Oinari on the bridge for other eventualities of course, but I am interested to see how a man with his background performs for first contact." Kurusu replied to Katae.

Of the two that most stuck in her mind on the bridge, he was the closest to a full officer she would have for the mission. He could always be moved back to the sickbay if she required medical staff to handle casualties, but a first contact was a good mission to give someone more experience with,"Report to the bridge after your station and report are ready. You are dismissed." She nodded to Eiven, and then looked to the newest arrival in the cabin.

"Very well. We will be getting underway shortly. Report to your station." She ordered Sheela.

Kata let Kurusu deal with her people, she then said, "May fortune watch over you and keep you safe." She then walked down the hallway and exited the Tanoshimi to return to the Aeon. Once on board she picked up the handset in the hold. "All hands prepare to get underway."

Tanoshimi : Captain's Cabin

Sheela was confused at first as she watched Katae walk away without responding to her. Then the other Female Senior Officer spoke up, ordering her to her station. "Squea?" In puzzlement. "Iz miss something?" Used to having Katae in charge.

Sheela looked at the Officer."Iz am Sheela Swiftpaws, Engineer. " She blinked a few times letting her mind race through the possibilities of what was going on. "May Iz ask, Whoz yooz?" Head tilted to the side in genuine curiosity as she took measure of Kurusu.

Hearing Kurusu's decision for acting XO as Katae left made Eiven pause a little. Of course the doctor did want to be in on the decision making process; to ensure he would be on the same page as the Chui, and maybe get a more practical idea of how things worked. So in the end this was logical position to do that from, despite his attempt to be as reasonable as possible in looking for it.

The old man thanked the samurai and bowed accordingly; but when he heard Sheela's questions after being given her orders he found that his own gaff could have been worse. The situation also however, did not elude Eiven as he realized the test may have already started, and this time there was no instructor to restart the simulation. Without knowing Kurusu very well though, he was not sure about the optimum way to complement her command style, but he was not about to leave this all in her hands.

"This is Chusa Kurusu Misaki," he began calmly, "XO of the Aeon and acting Captain of this mission. In short, she is in charge."

Eiven wanted to keep it neutral and quick as a way to gauge how the senior officer perceived his intervention, and how best to proceed from there.

Hakken chimed in from the speakers, "IseTaisa has sent the following message. Messge is as follows:

I personally do not believe that power armor is ppropriate for a first contact mission. However, use your discretion on the matter. Though restricted technology such teleportation pods should not be brought since there is no armory to secure them on the Tanoshimi."

"Roger that ma'am," Saki responded and finished with her things. She grabbed her new katana and 10mm pistol for too, just to have everything. Her NSP was on her belt anyway. She was said she had to leave her Jacket, but this was time to be in uniform and not time to look cool. She tossed small bag over her shoulder and flew fast. She did not have much time.

Right no teleportation, so it was probably better to grab Barrier modules. Sure the PAs were not a good thing for first contact, but Saki just wanted to have them on board, not to actually meet other race in them. Better to have them and not need them and all that. So she took a pushcart used to carry cargo and loaded two PAs along with rifles, capacitors and barrier modules on. Also counter-measure modules. Pretty much defensive stuff. With all that she boarded Tanoshimi through its cargo-board.

"This is Arai-heisho, I am on board." She reported to Tanoshimi's bridge and moved out to get into crew space.

Tanoshimi : Captain's Cabin

Sheela nodded and turned from the room to follows orders. She headed on back through the ship to engineering section. Unless called to the bridge to man a station there.

Kata'nova nodded her head and walked out of the cabin, glancing up and down the hallway before folding her arms over her chest and thinking for a moment. "Which way?" she asked, wondering if Rin would know the way around this ship.

Rin smiled and walked with the girl and thought for a moment "ummm I am not sure where they would be, I know my way around but.... I am not sure, lets go around and see if we can find them."

The Tanoshimi systems thrummed as the Hogosha computer Hakken brought all systems except weapons to flight state. The subharmonics of the aether reactor inducing a slight vibration. The interior lights grew a bit brighter throughout the ship. Except where Kata'nova was where they actually dimmed by several lumens.

From a wall speaker came Hakken's male voice "Okumura-San, if I may be of assistance. Gustav-san is currently in the lounge."

On the bridge the console in front of Freyja reconfigured the programmable screens. Hakken uploaded precofigured set of parameters that Katae had used when she flew the ship.

"I hope you find this arrangement suitable. It is the configuration of displays and touch screens used by Ise Katae. I have modified them to fit with your physical parameters. I am looking forward to working with you, Freyja Oinari." came Hakken's voice.

Almost jumping from her seat Freyja looked around the room for a second before realizing it was the ship's AI speaking to her. "Hello..." she spoke as she busily looked over the new setup before her. "Thank you, I look forward to working with you also... If I may ask what is your name? I'm just Freyja. You don't need to use my sir name."

she reached out and shifted the throttle control a little, but for the most part she left the setting where they laid. they seem to be pretty intuitive.

Bridge

"The name given to my by Ise Katae is Hakken, Freyja-san. It means discovery. The Hanto-Class was commissioned by Ise-san for use by her clan. The symbol on the exterior and in the guest quarters is the symbol of her clan. "

Lounge

Saki walked ino the lounge, setting her small back by the wall and leaning her katana against the wall. It was a normal Tamahagane blade, but it was nice. Saki got it after, she gave her original one away. She looked around and saw that Gustav was already there.

"Hello," Saki said to Josea as she joined them. "Anxious to meet new race?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back