• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Roku: Genjitsu Tōhi pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eden could observe a hint of fear, and apprehension in Meissa's eyes as the link was registered. But the negative emotions faded as Meissa's mind sent out a wave of relief, her eyes relaxing.

A bit more than scary, there.

"Alright, then." Meissa replied. Granted, she expected the Infantry to be clustered up pretty well. It was a fair choice from Eden, though. Meissa's martial arts let her be a more than capable foe if anyone tried to pull something. She also demonstrated basic tactical ability, which was nice.

Plus, she'd been pulling a few stops off in her private practice, which Eden probably saw via Boss. The feeling of fingernails shredding through ballistic gel in a claw...

...morbidly satisfying.

Power Armor Bay

Anastasia had taken off her helmet during the briefing, a form of comfort. She was confused and taken aback by the captain's short and just-as-unexplainable briefing.

"Clones?..." Anastasia stuttered, before being interrupted by her neko roommate's stream of questions. That couldn't be right, there couldn't be more than one dimension. Could there?

Anastasia looked around with empty eyes, slipping her black hair back under her helmet. Her understanding of the situation was deteriorating quickly, she had to see this for herself.

Power Armor Bay

Eden looked to Anastasia. "We don't know what or who we're working with, here. Clones or not, we must be prepared for those that we meet. We promised to go in unarmored as did they, though. So have your NSP's where they belong, but unsuit and filter into the Raccoon when you're ready."

Power Armor Bay

Anastasia looked back with just a slight recoil of surprise at the captain's direct response. She stood straight again just a hair after. "Understood."

She then made her way to her respective armor rack, stepping out of the Mindy and threading her cobalt wings out behind her. She closed the armor again before making her way to the shuttle, adjusting her ruffled uniform along the way.

"Hai!" The Separa replied quickly and sternly, proceeding to remove the rest of his armor. His mind was flooded with as many questions as those of the other crewmembers, but he didn't ask any of them right now, no need to convollute the already confusing situation any further. Besides, as he was assigned to the away team, he would be one of the first people to (try to) find answers.

Now, back in his standard uniform, NSP at his side, he lined up behind the others to slip inside the shuttle, dead curious and nervous to see what would await them on the other end. The whole concept of alternate realities was a wild concept to say the least, one that he was only familliar with from the many works of fiction he liked to indulge himself in from time to time.

And of course, just like everyone else here he was most curious about his "other self", wether it would be a mere impostor or an actual alternate him. Would he even look the same? According to the Shosa's explanaition, he should do, mostly.
The tense atmosphere and suspense of the moment started to itch at him, and he quickly gave a silent prayer to Pythushun for a safe encounter, and to calm his own mind...

Power Armor Bay/Shuttle Bay

After the briefing was finished, Hanna strapped a NSP and a survival knife to the side and front holsters of her bodysuit. Once she was finished equipping herself, she followed the group into the shuttle bay as the away team loaded into the Raccoon. The questions that she had still lingered in her mind, especially after Eden's vague answer. It seemed to her that everyone else knew more than she did about their circumstances. If everyone else at least had seemed to grasp what was going on, and she was clueless, why had Eden chosen her for the away team in the first place?

Her tail slightly tensed, as she thought of the shaking that the ship had underwent after she had entered the shuttle bay. She hadn't given much thought to it at the time, as such episodes were commonplace in space warfare, however, the strange circumstances that followed seemed to imply an aetheric weapon malfunction...

Last edited:
"So... Wait... There are almost exact replicas of every single person on the bridge on a nearly identical ship to the kaiyo? That's ..hard to soak in..."

Orion had also taken off his helmet for the briefing, anyone could clearly tell the mix of confusion and curiousity on his face.

Power Armor Bay

"This stinks of a trap" Amanozako commented to Eden after the briefing had come to an end.

"Everything about this. I think you should have pressed for them to send a representative here, to this ship rather than you and a rather large portion of the ship's company going over there. If they are hostile, you will be captured, or killed" she said flatly to the commanding officer of the Kaiyo. "I should come along, in case things go south. My combat experience would be of great value to you and your team in that situation"

Cabin 1

William ran up to the door and caught his breath quickly after the dead spirit he did from the PA bay. He moved and knocked on the door.

"Sensei? Princess? Are you both okay?" he asked, attempting to keep the worry from his voice as he spoke. With all the violent shaking the ship did, and all the torpedoes, he feared for their safety.

Rei nodded placidly after opening the door, seemingly unperturbed by the rocking of the Kaiyō. She looked to the princess, though, after studying William's distraught face.

The princess looked well enough, though her usually-perfect hair seemed a bit disheveled. Her White Type 35's bottom edge was pulled up high, too, revealing a thin line of her alabaster skin at the waist and leaving the jacket crumpled up under her breasts.

"We are fine, Wil-kun," Aiko confirmed, sounding just as composed as Rei appeared. She tugged at her jacket to smooth it out and shook her head from side-to-side so that her black strands could fall flat again. "And you? Has Teien-chui not assigned you somewhere to take up action stations?"

William sighed inwardly with relief that they were both okay. "I'm fine your highness. I was not told to report anywhere. I am supposed to be here with you and Sensei Rei," he replied, looking between the two.

"We will go to the power armor bay where everyone else is congregating and receive orders," Rei said tersely before looking to Aiko, which made Rei's long brown ponytail swing in the air behind her and rest over her shoulder. She brushed it behind her back again and looked to the princess before stepping toward the door and raising her arms for her to go first.

"Yes ma'am..." William replied, stepping aside and bowing slightly as she and Aiko left the room. He then moved and took up the rear of the group as he always did.

Aiko nodded when her Nepleslian friend said he hadn't been hurt. As an officer cadet in the Star Army, she knew where she had to go and did not need her samurai to remind her, but did not scold the woman. Rei was a mentor to her—though perhaps not as much as she was to William—and deserved respect befitting her position as sensei.

"A wise choice, Rei-san," the Ketsurui affirmed, already moving out from their cabin and into the crew lounge. "With whatever is occurring, your skills will more likely come into play if you're by my side."

She paused her stride out in the lounge, but did not turn to see Rei and William.

"What are you waiting for? Come!"

"Yes your grace..." William said softly, moving to follow her out and into the hall.

Rei moved quickly and determinedly behind the pair before sidling up next to William in the wake of the princess. They made their way through the passageways and interiors of the ship quietly until they were in the very busy power armor bay as personnel streamed out of it and towards the shuttle bay or stayed in, readying themselves for the unknown.

Entering the bay, Aiko walked gracefully and directly over to Eden flanked by her retainers. Her uniform's four inch dress heels clicked smartly and steadily across the chamber's polished floor and announced her presence as much as her stature did.

"Ketsurui-kohosei, reporting," she said with a crisply snapped salute. Amanozako standing there talking to Eden didn't seem to faze the royal Neko. "What would you have me do in this moment of crisis, Teien-shosa?"

"I want you to be the face of the Kaiyō for out guests. Nearly all of the remaining ship's crew will be here to assist you, and I want you to be a part of the group that will stay on the ship in order to greet those that are coming aboard. They seemed..."

Eden trailed off, then caught her voice again by saying, "There are bound to be some irregularities in this mission. Those on the bridge of this other ship looked exactly like the bridge crew of the Kaiyō." Eden thought of Arbitrated and her lack of wings and how the Neko that looked like Saki held a position of power over Eden.

Eden went on, "Though there were some differences."

"All Nekovalkyrja are subjects of my family's empire, and shall be handled with the compassion befitting their conduct, Shosa," Aiko said to accept the task given to her. She'd silently interfaced with Boss when she'd come over from her quarters, so was as up to speed on the "irregularities" of this mission as anyone on the crew could be. "And should I uncover any deceit or treason on the part of our visitors, have no fear that they will be dealt with like the pigs they are."

"Arigatou gozaimasu, Ketsurui-kohosei," Eden replied, bowing her head an inch before raising an arm where most of everyone was gathered. She meant to have Aiko join the rest of the crew that were staying aboard the ship.

The princess looked back over her shoulder to William and pointed her nose sharply, indicating that she wanted him to go first. Rei would, of course, fall into line near Aiko where ceremony and duty dictated she must remain, so the imperial cadet didn't pay the samurai any mind.

William nodded and stepped ahead of the Princess. Unlike Aiko, William had no idea what was going on. He was nervous to say the least, but his face remained blank as always. Who could these people be?

Right after Wil stepped off, Aiko moved over to where the crew who'd remain aboard were assembled. They weren't in any sort of formation yet, and seemed to be waiting for some kind of direction. The princess would bring it in time, but for now allowed them to continue discussing the odd confrontation unfolding around them.

"Rei-san," Aiko said telepathically to her samurai guardian. "You should remain by my side. But still, be prepared to don your Sarah with haste. A quick end to hostilities—should they break out—would be most desirable.

"Hai!" was Rei's only answer.

YSS Kaiyo- Bridge
Bridge

Royama was quick to burst into the bridge, eyes scanning over anything and everything around. She didn't very well want to overlook anyone that could be on the ground, or otherwise obstructed from view, or tucked in a corner somewhere.

The very first thing to really grab her attention was the very unconcious looking woman sprawled out on the ground, though on closer inspection she didn't appear to be greviously wounded, just knocked out from some blunt force trauma to her head.

The gray-paneled birb managed to let free a fatigued groan as the medic inspected her body, apparently only just now managing to return to the realm of the conscious.

The Medic moved down onto her knees beside the fallen bird and pulled a cold pack from the trauma kit she had brought along with her. The cold pack went onto the bird's forhead, as her legs were lifted up and set gently down on top of the trauma kit. Soon after her chin was gently lifted up, and her neck slowly hyper-extended. She wasn't entirely sure if Arbitrated had broken anything, and the last thing she wanted to do was worsen any injuries she may have sustained..

"We'll have you up and situated in no time at all." Royama assured her in a soothing voice, "Just stay calm for me, alright?"

"Unngh... Uhh.. Y-yeah." The elysian's voice softly filled the bridge as she let the medic's cool hands go to work on her tiny body, showing no attempt to even get up as she almost blankly stared at the ceiling for the next several seconds. "What... Happened? Can you tell me, miss...?"

Royama lowered the bird's head back down as she responded, "Royama, and I haven't a clue, other than the fact you hit your head! You're fairly lucky though, looks like a nasty bump is all you got."

The redhead smiled a little in response, her chest moving evenly as she took steady, deep breaths to keep her body somewhat calm.

"How's your vision? I'm still going to have to give you a proper look over in the medbay, but we might as well see if you're fit to get up and moving again."

"I-I'm having difficulty seeing clearly... I'm pretty sure there's only supposed to be one of you?" Arble lifted her right arm up slowly, the erect limb pointing waveringly into the air somewhere off to Roy's side.

"Sounds like we'll definitely have to be looking you over sooner than later. We'll let you rest a minute, and then see if you can stand up on your own. If not I'll lead you to the medbay."

The elysian blinked a few times, before responding with a weak, "okay... I... I think I can stand, though..." Arbitrated sowly managed to bring herself to her feet, arguably very shakily.

Royama stood up, grabbing her bag on the way up, and offered an arm to the shaky bird, "If you feel like you're going to throw up let me know and we'll stop, and try to keep that cold pack on your head."

The assistance was taken generously, the weapons operator steadying herself using Royama's shoulder. "Alright...Thank you, again..." Using her free arm to keep the pack where she was told, Shan half-shuffled, half-limped out of the bridge slowly with the medic's assistance.

The medic nodded as she guided Arbitrated out of the bridge and in the direction of the medbay, "Is anything other than your head hurting?- Neck, ribs, anything?" She asked, to make sure that the bird wasn't hurt more than what was likely a concussion.

"Um..." She thought out loud for a few moments, "neck... Ribs... Arms, no... Not my legs... Or my wings. I... No, it's just my head." One of her wings shifted about somewhat awkwardly for a few moments, as if she was testing its flexibility in the relatively close quarters.

"That's good, at least, I'd say you're relatively lucky then. You could of walked away with much worse injuries, or perhaps not walked at all." Royama said thoughtfully, with a hint of worry in her voice, though it passes quickly.

YSS Kaiyo- Medbay

The birb let out a small chuckle, interrupted by a wince. "Yeah, I should... And we're lucky to have you, as well..." Her light voice floated across the medbay, even when it was thoroughly permeated with pain.

"Glad you think so, but try not to do too much of that, wouldn't want your headache to get worse." Royama pointed to one of the three tables that took up the center of the medbay, the one to the left, "We'll get you settled in over there, and take a closer look at that head of yours. How's that sound?"

Taking cautious steps over, Arble responded with a simple, "Okay, seems easy..." By the end of the minute, she had been sat down onto the bed, slowly turning her head about.

"Now don't go falling asleep on me." Royama warned Arbitrated, before she produced her PMS. Before too long the bird is injected with the Scanner's nanobots, and the booster patch is placed on her skin, and Royama is reading over the data being relayed back to the Scanner.

"Well, you're even luckier than I thought!- No concussion, surprisingly. I suggest you rest though, you're no good wandering around with a headache. You can nap here, or I can walk you to your bed. Either or." She offered.

"I think it'd be best if I were to stay here... Just in case something worse comes up? Unless Eden would like me to muster somewhere...?" Taking slower, deeper breaths, Arble remained on the bed, too wound up from her recent experiences to return to the realm of the unconscious.

"Doesn't matter where Eden might want you, you're in no shape to do anything but rest!- Just do your very best to calm down. Let me know what that headache of yours passes and I'll take another look at you, but until then..."

Raccoon Shuttle

Eden nodded tersely to Amanozako before she followed the former NMX Neko onto the shuttle. She motioned for Meissa Nashira, Yoshida Kokoro, Leeta Aoi, Anastasia Barlow, Orion Jones, Hanna Madsen, Abart'huse Theisilis, and Amanozako to sit and she spoke out.

"We don't know what we're going into, but we do know that we are equipped and capable of protecting ourselves if things go South. If things go North, well we will have no problems and the feelings of concern I see written on all of your faces will be for naught. You have your NSP's by your sides and should feel free to communicate completely with each other. Let's get going," Eden said and then went into the cockpit to take up a position as the pilot.

She maneuvered the shuttle out of the Kaiyō just as she saw another shuttle, the same Raccoon-class, exit the ship that looked almost exactly like the Kaiyo. The blue wings of the Plumeria Eden was looking at were on a much larger ship than the Kaiyo, though, and it bore the same old Hinomaru that they had seen on the bridge. She thrusted the shuttle through space and passed over the other shuttle, noticing that the woman that looked just like her was piloting the craft. She bit her lip and continued on.

YSS Kaiyō
Shuttle Bay

Out of the shuttle that had just entered the shuttle bay came the Eden-look alike as well as several of her crew. They followed her into the power armor bay and stood in a line with their hands behind their backs and legs shoulder-width apart. They all looked just like those in the power armor bay, wore the same colored paneled uniforms, though they were all much more skin-baring than the ones the YSS Kaiyō crew wore.

"I am Taii Norogumi Eden. These are my assistants, Anne and Anna," Norogumi Eden said looking to the Neko next to her with yellow skin and black hair." "Royama Dai," the Taii said, looking to a pinkish red skinned and haired Neko, though she had a severely angered look to her. "Reina Madoka, Muyomi Peio, Matsuvo Shinomori," the Taii said and a white-haired man bowed and smiled suavely towards the Neko in the room. She went on, "Seinosuke Iemochi," Norogumi Eden said, pointing to a wing-less blonde Mochi, then said, "Sutahira Medikku," about a man that waved and smiled, and went on. "Kawakari Riku," a black-haired and ice blue-eyed man waved as Medikku had as the Taii said while she looked at a cherry-haired Neko, "Shan Arbitrated. Deio Asuka, Kyōi Kiseki," Norogumi Eden looked at a Neko with a bristling orange furred and white-tipped tail and large, pointed ears that was grumpier than one would expect. "Rei and Wila, our resident samurai and, of course, daughter of Eve, Aiko." Norogumi looked to her immediate right where there was a blue-haired and red-eyed Neko with a central horn on her head and then, Norogumi Eden looked back at the group of YSS Kaiyō personnel, expecting introductions.

IYS Kaiyō
Shuttle Bay

Eden landed the shuttle inside of the bay, noticing an assembly of her own crew in front of her. Her black brows were forced close together before she sighed and took her hands off the controls. There was even a member that looked just like Amanozako, though she was smiley and friendly-looking. There was an apparent Meissa, though she lacked the owl-ish wings and the top half of Abart was the same, though he had a Minkan body below. Anastasia's cobalt wings were absent as were Orion's. They wore the same colored panels as the YSS Kaiyō crew members wore, respectively.

Eden was the first one out of the shuttle and let the others filter out behind her. A replicate of Saki forced her hand forward, almost as if she wanted to shake Eden's hand and the captain of the YSS Kaiyō put her hand forward uncomfortably. They shook hands and Eden looked to Meissa next to her with a confused stare.

"Shaking hands?" Eden asked Meissa telepathically. "That is odd. This is not the Saki I know."

"We need to clear this matter up immediately," the replicate Saki said. "Now, are you clones of us or not?"

"We really don't know what we are to you," Eden said. "I recommend each crew member get acquainted with their other half, if you would permit it. It is the be—" Eden was cut off, though, by the other Saki.

"Yes, I would." She nodded to her crew behind her and they each slowly approached those that had exited the shuttle.

The other Meissa came forward to the Elysian and said, "I am Nashira Meissa, who are you?"

Yoshida Kokoro was approached by a surly-looking black-haired Neko with the same upside down triangles on her cheeks that simply outstretched a hand towards Yoshida, saying, "Kokoro-hei."

Leeta Aoi's dopple ganger approached her, as did the others.

The one that looked like Anastasia Barlow extended her hand to shake the black-haired and red-paneled Caelisolan's hand and said, "Red panels, technician, too, huh? What's with the wings?"

"I am Jones Orion," the orange-ish haired Minkan said. "Hello."

The sienna-skinned and cyan-haired Neko approached Hanna Madsen, as her light blue puffy tail swung one way and another as she made to shake Hanna's hand and she said, "Hanna Madsen!"

Abart'huse Theisilis's other half approached him and, like everyone else, went to shake his hand while saying, "You're weird."

The Neko that looked like Amanozako said, "You look interesting! Who are you? Are you me?"

IYS Kaiyo - Shuttle bay

"Doesn't seem like my mom, either. That handshake was stiff." Meissa telepathically replied. "I've got a theory, though, on who is who."

But not right now. Reply to herself.

"Meissa Nashira." the owl replied. "Resident explosives techie."

Already her eyes were sizing up and down her duplicate. What was she like? Did she share the series of unfortunate events as herself?

Maybe. Still a bit early to say.

"So. What's your job? Got any hobbies?" the YSS Kaiyo's Meissa asked. She thought of two jobs for her duplicate: One, explosives. Like her. Two, SAINT.

Either one was fine -- she had interaction in both fields.

YSS Kaiyo - Shuttle Bay

"Sweet, I've always wanted to meet myself." the fox quipped.

Inside, though, she was in a slight state of panic. She needed to defuse the situation, fast. The air was tense and she was sure at least one of the IYS crew was staring her down like a hawk.

Last edited:
IYS Kaiyō

Teien Eden spoke telepathically to Meissa, "Tell me more..."

Nashira Meissa looked at the Elysian with quiet, watchful eyes before speaking.

"I, for the most part, lead the away teams. My mother served in the military as do I. It is a family tradition and I'm lucky to be a part of the Star Army."

YSS Kaiyō

Norogumi Eden looked to Kyōi and smiled. "I've never had such an inclination."

YSS Kaiyo
Bridge

Misaki sat in the command chair, Kikyo finding her way into her mother's lap. Saki connected herself in every way to the wounded Kaiyo through SPINE, observing everything from the power armor bay all the way to the other vessel's exterior. Every few seconds or so, Kikyo would find herself seeing what Saki saw, whining a little bit each time, before finding herself asleep in her mother's lap.

She sent an encrypted message to Eden with a tinge of curiosity, "Tell me what you find, keep me informed."

IYS Kaiyo

"Hey, same job!" Meissa replied to herself. "Well, only been leading for the last mission or so. Same deal here except my dad served."

Note made. Mother and father were switched, but her doppleganger's backstory was similar. Probably.

She didn't want to confirm the other parent, though. Best idea not to, given how touchy the subject was for the owls. She relayed that to her CO, along with the following:

"People seem to be...in a sense, switched around. Saki seems to act pretty firm like you, so I'm guessing this ship's Eden acts like Saki. Maybe we could slowly figure out who is who. Either that, or things about us are, in a sense, inverted."

YSS Kaiyo

"Explore the great unknown, right?" Kyoi replied. Her eyes shifted to the side, the pupil focusing into a smaller point.

"....Hi"
Was the only response from the light blue winged Elysian as he shook hands with his doppleganger. He had been looking forwards to meeting someone antisocial like him, but when the other Orion just walked up to him to say hello, he lost a bit of hope.

IYS Kaiyo Shuttlebay

Amanozako frowned as she spotted her double. The personality difference was immediately evident even before the other woman had come up to greet her. A mirror opposite, she seemed, at least on the outside. Who knew if this was a show, a ruse. Amanozako also was, suddenly, wishing she'd got herself a uniform to match the others. Her plain black jumpsuit and heavy gun belt with two HHG's strapped to her thighs made her stand out quite a lot from the others.

"Let me guess" Amanozako said, looking at the much more cheerfull version of herself. "Tomohiro Izumi" she said, keeping her voice fairly low as she spoke to the other woman, the name almost forced out as she spoke it.

YSS Kaiyō
Shuttle Bay

Aiko's posture remained rigidly aristocratic as the alternate Eden introduced herself and the mirror versions of the Kaiyo's crew. Her face, too, maintained the same undisturbed mask she always wore as a member of the Imperial family, at least until the Neko who looked like her captain introduced their Aiko.

A daughter of Eve? The thought disgusted the tall, red-eyed Ketsurui Aiko. Though the uni-horned counterpart standing before them looked similar to herself—it was beyond uncanny how the other Aiko's face matched hers—she was obviously without the Ketsurui's stature as an NH-33A. But more than that, the IYS Kaiyo's Aiko lacked Ketsurui Aiko's moral stature; any suggestion that the sadistic, sociopathic Eve could ever become an Imperial leader was offensive to the point that Aiko believed she and her crew mates were part of some elaborate joke. Still, the princess was a Star Army officer and had a duty to conduct herself with tempered decorum, so a slowly-cocked eyebrow as the blue-haired Aiko was introduced was the closest she came to flinching.

"Welcome to the YSS Kaiyo, Norogumi-taii," Aiko began. Her words flowed out in a measured pace and a politely formal tense, though she didn't sound pleased in the slightest. "I am Ketsurui Aiko, sixth daughter of the first Nekovalkyrja, Yui-taisho. My samurai Rei and her apprentice William accompany me," she said, not breaking eye contact with Norogumi Eden while gesturing to her two protectors with an open palm. "The insectoids are Ann and Anna Ee'ith, representatives of a species called the I'ee.

"And the others are," Aiko continued, expecting the crew to bow or somehow indicate themselves as etiquette demanded, "Arbitrated Shan, Reina Madoka, Seinosuke Iemochi, Muyomi Peio, Matsuvo Shinomori, Kyōi Kiseki, Sutahira Medikku, Kawakari Riku, and Deio Asuka. I trust you all should be able to identify them by appearance."

Now that they were all tenuously acquainted, Aiko intended to wait and see what happened. Hostages had been exchanged, as it were. Her orders from Eden-shosa had been to greet these immodestly-dressed pretenders and nothing more, and would follow that directive. At least for now.

"I...i'm...wierd?..." Out of all the things the snakeman had thought of as a potenrial reaction, this wasn't one of them. As the thought that he might not be a Separa on the other side never occurred to him. He tried to look for a response as his snifflertoungue flicked out nervously.

"W-well, this while situation's what's weird, like, do ya even know how to walk on thise two le-......wait of course you do, what am i even saying......." His shoulders dropped slightly, already thoroughly confused. Shaking his mirror-make-minkan's hand, he decided to try and keep it simple, falling back on simply introducing himself. "*sigh*..... Abart'huse Theisilis, YSS Kaiyo's resident Separa'shan....."

All throughout this, the tip of his tail never stopped wiggling about nervously.

IYS Kaiyo
Shuttle Bay

Anastasia filtered out of the shuttle behind her captain, looking around the eerily familiar shuttle bay. The technicians mind skipped a few frames as the uncannily similar crew stood at attention.

Before she knew it, Anastasia was faced with... Anastasia. She was there, waiting for a handshake and talking to her. The winged Anastasia was frozen, with lack of an explanation and too many questions. She didn't move but her breathing began to spike. This wasn't right.

Same height, same eyes, same hair, same voice. It was like some kind of simulation. The real, or as she thought so, Anastasia stood there awkwardly locked up in the situation. She looked confused, the question "What's with the wings?" almost bouncing off her eardrums. No response came beyond a quiet, mouthed mumbling.

Anastasia tried to remain calm, looking at the differences in her other self. She had no wings, she had no honor there. And she was wearing a skirt. Anything could go wrong at any time, and this, this clone would have to climb in the chutes wearing the least efficient bottoms possible.

That little error in dignity gave Anastasia a sudden sense of grip on the situation. She exhaled and stuck her hand out to meet the doppelgangers shake, awkwardly long after it was proposed. "Yes..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back