• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Roku: Genjitsu Tōhi pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoshida tilted her head, slowly, as the strange copy before her aproached with what she perceived to be a somewhat sour look. "Hmmm... Greetings Kokoro-hei, I'm kokoro-hei!" She stared her up and down, the usual, exciteable grin on her face. But it was tinged with suspicion. This couldn't possibly be her, so downtrodden and beaten by, whatever world this one came from. "Right, well, its nice to meet you miss doppleganger! Maybe one of us could be the other's stunt double in a magnificent play?"

She took a look over to Anastaisa next, her tail curling in on itself as she watched. "Hmm... Hope they're doing okay" She said to her current, hand shaking companion, before motioning to the pair.

YSS Kaiyo
Shuttle Bay

Anna watched in excitement and curiosity as the YSS shuttle took off, heading towards the IYS Kaiyo. In just a few minutes, duplicates of those they just saw leave and more came out of a shuttle from the IYS Kaiyo. They looks magnificently similar to the ones on the YSS Kaiyo crew. This first mission turned out to be wonderful- she not only found out about the enemies, and the crew of the YSS Kaiyo, but an alternate version of the crew.

While Anna observed the crew with excitement, Anne was observing them with resentment. She normally wouldn't care meeting new people, but these were no ordinary people. They were duplicates of themselves, and nothing possibly could be good about that. Neither Anne or Anna even passed the possibility that the two nekos that were with Eden were duplicates of themselves- they were Nekos after all, not I'ee.

After everyone was introduced, Anna flew a little closer, wobbly landing on the ground, still not use to the artificial gravity. She smiled as she spoke. "As you were told, I am Anne Ee'ith." she said, pausing a moment and shook her head in frustration. "I am sorry, my sister is Anne and I am Anna." She said, fixing herself. "It is such a pleasure to meet all of you." Anna finished, scanning the row of people, about five feet from them. Meanwhile Anne was nervously fiddling with her gun, not moving an inch from where she originally stood.

Last edited:
IYS Kaiyō
Shuttle Bay

"Ummm...Hello?", Hanna said in response to her excitable counterpart, a visible look of consternation appearing on her face, as she shook her extended hand. This Hanna...she's a mirror image of myself.

As she glanced up and down her counterpart, taking in her appearance and disposition, it suddenly dawned on her that these people were not affiliated with the Yamatai she knew. They may look alike, but they were from a different...dimension.

"Who...who are you? What do you do?", Hanna asked, her own cyan tail tensing up in nervous anticipation.

Last edited:
IYS Kaiyō

Eden replied to the Saki on the YSS Kaiyō first, "We've found that the crew we've brought along have replicates on this ship. On the IYS Kaiyō. I will inform you of further developments. Take care of yourself over there— and Kikyō."

As she told this to Saki telepathically over encrypted channels, Eden noticed Norogumi Saki flinch and Eden looked at her through lidded eyes. She bowed to Norogumi Saki and spoke out to her.

"Would you like to show me around the ship?"

"We can do our introductions here," Norogumi Saki said in a clipped, guarded tone.

"Very well," Eden said as she turned her head to the right to look at the crew getting acquainted with the others. Eden nearly spoke telepathically to Meissa, then held her proverbial tongue. She wondered if Meissa would be able to figure out why she had gone dark suddenly.

Meissa's other self said, "That's odd... Your mother did not serve? Both of my parents did."

Orion's counterpart reached a hand out, touching the Elysian's sky-blue wings and stroked them. "Wow... You're so inadequate but it's beautiful!"

"At your service!" Tomohiro Izumi said. "Er, at her service, more like."

Staring at the Separa'Shan with a look of incredulousness, the two-legged Abart laughed out and said, "I've never heard of an alien serving in the army!" He laughed again and put his hand on his belly.

Anastasia's double said, "You're not really... You're not really anything like me, are you?"

The other Yoshida said nothing and merely watched Anastasia and her look-alike and grimaced at the two of them, then looked at Yoshida. "One of them was bad enough."

Hanna's other self said, "I'm an infantry Neko for the Star Army of Yamatai. And you?" She bounced up on her heels and then moved to the tip of her toes before saying quickly, "Or do you mean like, what do we do in general? We fight for the Empire of Eve!"

Eden looked directly at Hanna's opposite from across the shuttle bay and grimaced as she said, "Eve?!'

"Problem?" Norogumi Saki asked in a terse tone while she put both of her hands behind her back and squared up her stance.

YSS Kaiyō

"The great unknown sometimes explores us," Norogumi Eden said.

The blue-haired Neko with the sole horn on her head had her red eyes trained on the Ketsurui Princess while she had spoken and only let her eyes slip to look at William once. A subtle smile showed itself on her face as she did, but it was soon replaced with a look of solemnity.

To Aiko, the Princess of Eve said, "You surely have quite the ship, would you allow us a brief tour?"

Anne and Anna from the IYS looked at the I'ee, then at one another.

Anne said, "Are you supposed to be us?"

"You're not doing a very good job of pretending to be, if you are," Anna said.

YSS Kaiyo

Kyoi looked at the replica I'ee sideways, tilting her head. Her tail flattened against her legs.

"Why would I try to be one of you when I can be myself?" she asked.

IYS Kaiyo

This time, Meissa was the one to flinch.

"I'm...not sure." she replied. She refrained from telepathic communications. Seems like the IYS's Saki shared, perhaps, similar encryptions of sorts.

She debated on the possibility of experimenting with how far the encryptions went. She could probably encrypt and talk with herself, she could try and speak with their own Saki, maybe even their Eden. There were too many possibilities to play with.

Or she could, you know, do nothing. That seemed like it would be the best idea.

YSS Kaiyo Medbay

Normally, Arble would be an obedient patient and obey all of the doctor's orders. In fact, she's done so plenty of times. But curiosity, a slightly discombobulated mind, and MEGAMI saying that most of the crew was ordered to muster in the power armor bay resulted in the small angel sliding to her feet, and stumbling out of the medbay, through the passageways, and finally, into the entrance of the armor bay. Her forehead still was bruised, although the movement had slightly improved her posture so she didn't look like a drunkard as she saluted... Only to realize that Eden wasn't there.

"I-Itto Hei Shan, report-huh?" Okay, she thought that the double vision had faded. Seriously thought it was gone. But it looked like there was in fact two of almost everyone present. She seemed to shock herself into a viable form of alertness, her body stiffening as if electrocuted as she realized that what she was seeing was NOT a side-effect of her bonking her head, but instead there was an array of nekos and minkans, at least one of which had what looked like a horn. The undersized angel stood in the doorway, mouth agape in the perfect fly-catching form.

IYS Kaiyō
Shuttle Bay

Hanna's cheerful and seemingly innocent counterpart had unwittingly ignited tension within the shuttle bay upon speaking her bold proclamation. Upon hearing Norogumi Saki's abrupt response, Hanna's tail tensed up at a ninety degree angle as she resisted the urge to place an errant hand on her survival knife, instead opting to place her hands across her chest.

"We are alike in profession...", started Hanna in a strained voice, "But you serve a...", Hanna finished, cutting her thoughts off before she did something rash.

What do we do?, Hanna sent telepathically to Teien-Shosa, a mix of uncertainty and tightness in her expression as she looked to her captain for guidance.

"Eh..ehehehe...." The akward snakeman akwardly giggled along with his Minkan self, only just starting to reallize the words he just spoke. "Heheh.... uh, wait. You mean your Star Army only has Minkan and Neko's? No Separa, Kodians, Elysians, Phods........ at all?"

He might just have opened a massive can of worms there, but he never stopped to think about it, as his moment of disbelief just flapped out that question instantly. At this point his tail had stopped shaking, and his pale green slitted eyes stared at the minkan with curiosity, though a sliight hint of nervousness was starting to seep through.

IYS Kaiyō
Shuttle Bay

Anastasia looked at her double with a questioning look. "No... not really... Barlow, Anastasia. Itto Hei."

Anastasia didn't seem to happy or comfortable about this encounter, keeping her commentary to a minimum for now. Her wings gave an occasion little twitch, ruffling feathers between the two.

Anna looked shocked as the two nekos Anne and Anna claimed that they were their alternates. "We are I'ee, there is no way we are the alternates of you.....your Nekos" She stated simply, a little hurt at the claim. She just wanted to be friends to these new beings. Anne watched, determined to see the slightest aggressive movement, gripping her gun.

IYS Kaiyo

"I see" Amanozako replied to the alternate version of herself. "It disturbed her to see a polar opposite to herself. She had never been cheerful like this one, never had the chance. She had been born to the NMX, thrust into battle my Mishhu tentacles as soon as she'd been removed from her hemosyth tube.

"Who created you?" she asked flatly.

"OI! hands off!" Was the hasty reply from the slightly red faced Elysian as he pulled away from his counterpart. His wings folded back into a hidden position as he backed off angrily.

"No touching!!"

In all his time aboard the kaiyo, in fact, in all his life his wings had never been touched by another being except for his mother when he was young, it made him feel extremely vunerable to anything as he backed off from his counterpart, with a red face.

it was yoshida's turn to flinch, and recoil. How could she not like anastasia?! they were best friends! Though, after a brief moment of silence, it made sense, after all, the clones were suaulyl total oppisites weren't they? "She's been my absolute best friend since forever!" Yoshida harumphed a bit as she spoke and lashed her tail around.

"I don't know how your ana is, but mine is one of my favorite people i've ever met."

YSS Kaiyo
PA Bay

Sutahira Medikku couldn't take his eyes off of his look-alike as it introduced itself. He was wearing his Type-35 uniform with it's teal panel over his torso. The other team introduced themselves, and Sutahira introduced himself. "Sutahira Medikku, medic aboard to YSS Kaiyo. A pleasure to meet you." He said, smiling and waving. He looked over at Arble as she stumbled in, her eyes wide and mouth ajar. She was supposed to be in the Medbay resting, not up and about.

YSS Kaiyō

Mat observed the going-ons and commented; "This is weird." He also searched for his counterpart, whom he assumed would be on the same ship as he was since everyone else was meeting their own counterparts.

He eventually spied his alternate self at the back of the group of duplicates (and looking rather smug) and walked over to greet him.

"Hi there uh... me?" Mat scratched the back of his head. "How does this work?"

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyō
Bridge
Communications/Mission Ops

Riku busied himself from what must have been an extremely awkward and eye-opening experience, with work and other miscellaneous tasks. He had trouble understanding how exactly they had gotten into such a situation, his mind going back to a set process of trying to make sense out of a senseless scenario; rendering it a futile effort. The previous thoughts that he had, that his family might be alive and well in this "alternate reality" were meaningless - for even if they were, they wouldn't be his. As the Minkan looked over the communications console, he noted that the transmission he had sent out during their encounter with the IYS to the squadron went unanswered; an unwelcome but expected outcome.

He was comfortable where he was, sitting in the chair that gave him the responsibilities of watching over the ship and crew through keen ears and empathetic minds, even if right now there wasn't much except MEGAMI and the repetition of hands maintaining the ship's communications and keeping a watchful eye on away team personnel aboard the other look-alike.

As the proceedings went on he realized that there needed to be some sort of official liaison, preferably one that actually knew how to communicate and diplomatically extricate one's self from when the literal fecal matter hit the fan. With a sigh, he patted the console in front of him.

"You have the comms."

With that, Riku stood up and made his way out of the bridge - his destination?
To meet and see the alternate reality's crew for himself. He hoped his other self wouldn't be around; that sort of a situation would only further compound his already growing concern.

How are we going to get back to our own universe?

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyo
Power Armor Bay

Ketsurui Aiko had been sending out her share of "bad vibes" toward the visiting impostors, but was startled at how the IYS Kaiyo's versions of Anne and Anna were so frank about their differences from the I'ee. The entire situation was beyond normal logic. But even so, Aiko was born to be a diplomat and representative of Yamatai and took some offense at the mirror Kaiyo crew's lack of basic decorum. Nonetheless, she pressed on.

"Of course, Neko-san," Ketsurui Aiko replied to her blue-haired counterpart's request for a tour, refusing to call her by the name she herself took so much pride in. "For some reason, I trust that you will not be surprised by the layout of our ship," she said, turning her nose up before looking toward the Power Armor Bay's door. "Please, follow alongside me, Norogumi-shosa; Hime-san. And make sure your subordinates do not stray from our collective path—I would not want some unavoidable incident to mar this unique exchange."

With that, Ketsurui Aiko turned and marched in the direction of the next compartment, trusting that her crew and the visitors would follow along.

"Rei-san," Aiko said to her yojimbo via private telepathy. "Please remain at the rear of our formation and ensure that these pretenders cannot get the drop on us if it comes to that. Wil-kun should remain by my side, though. He should be sufficient to assist me should an initial threat arise."

IYS Kaiyō

Norogumi Saki said, "On second thought, I would like to bring something to you all. Give me a moment."

Teien Eden did not reply to Hanna, but looked over at the Neko covertly and tried to convey to her through her facial expression alone that she could not reply.

Meissa's counterpart asked Norogumi Saki telepathically, "What do we do with the impostors?"

The IYS Saki replied hastily so both Meissa could hear, "Do not talk to me over these channels!"

Abart looked confusedly and said, "Why would there be?"

Amanozako's other half looked at the ex-NMX Neko and said, "I was born on planet Nataria 12. My creator is Eve, though, and none other."

Hanna Madsen of the IYS Kaiyō looked to Norogumi Saki and then back to Hanna with a simple shrug. "Our way is better. That's all I know about the situation."

Barlow Anastasia said simply, "Oh, well. The wings are... A nice touch." Under her breath, she said, "I doubt you're nearly as powerful as me, though."

"She's a bitch," Yoshida's other self said, then looked to the YSS Yoshida and said, "You seem to be just as bad, though. Who even are you?"

IYS' Jones Orion stepped forward, extending a hand, "No, no. I'm sorry. Forgive me. We can be friends."

It was then that Norogumi Saki re-entered the shuttle bay with a potted plant, ferny and green in nature with a single white flower at its peak, in hand.

"A gift to the YSS Kaiyō crew."

YSS Kaiyō

The other Kyōi frowned at the YSS Kaiyō Kyōi's rhetorical question. She looked to Norogumi Eden, who clapped her hands together and opened her mouth, then closed it again.

The Neko Anna frowned, then breathed out, exasperated. "You are not I'ee, you are abominations that should not be serving in the Army, let alone standing shoulder to shoulder with Neko."

IYS Kaiyō Medikku laughed and stuck out his hand, then when Medikku was close enough, the happy demeanor faded and he was soon sternly growling out words at the YSS Kaiyō's Medikku, "Don't think you're better than me..."

Shan's double looked across the room and frowned, disgusted.

YSS Kaiyo
Power Armor Bay

William stood by Aiko as the new guests arrived, and he had to struggle to keep his shock and confusion deep down. His eyes widened for only a moment as he took in the doppelgangers. His eyes met each of their's as the other Eden introduced everyone. Then his eyes fell on his doppelganger, and this time he could not contain his surprise.

William... no... Wila, looked very similar to original, yet feminine. She was a neko like the others, similar facial features except her's were much softer. She was very well built, and strong. Her long blonde hair kept in a tight bun with a few locks of hair escaping here or there. William looked dumbfounded. "Wait, you are me?" William blurted out to Wila. "Everyone else appears to be mostly the same, except for us..." He added. "What else is different? Is Rei," He motioned to Rei's doppleganger. "your mother as well?" He asked, being rather inquisitive.

This was too weird... and William was having trouble wrapping his head around it. He then saw the other Aiko's eyes linger on his. He diverted his gaze quickly and moved with the original Aiko as she moved to begin the tour of the Kaiyo.

IYS Kaiyo

Whoa.

Yep. Definitely not like mom. Wow. The mental shouting caused Meissa to take a bit of time to adjust herself a bit. Hey, at least it proved her theory.

"Screw relativity, am I right." Meissa told her counterpart. She kept a firm eye on the plant.

YSS Kaiyo

"Have some humor, Kyōi. Come on." the YSS Kaiyo's pilot told her...counterpart. Now that the shock wore off, everything was quite...in a sense, amusing to her, as her ears perked up straight and her tail softly wiggled in the air.

"Everything's relative here. To us, you're the imposter, and to you, we're the imposter. It's a funny situation, don't you think? It's all quite ridiculous."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back