• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission San: Kaizen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"All guns on the other entrance!" Meissa yelled. "Yoshida, take Anastasia's Aether Beam! You'll be more accurate! Someone take that Gatling instead!"

Meissa flew over towards the other entrance, and checked down the hall using a single brave Wing drone.

Last edited:
L'Kor Albatross Egneig niern

Anastasia slowly pulled herself back to her knees, arm wrapped around her right side as every movement recoiled in pain. She didn't dare look back at the wing damage, but could the feel the charred wound with every breath. A whole thin slice of the wing, and its metal plating, had been scorched through. "I-It'll be fine, Yosh. It's just a scratch", she reassured herself. Feeling comforted by the presence of her minigun-toting friend, she looked over at the L'Kor technician, who had only suffered minimal damage from the fall, not being struck by the blade during the engagement. She didn't feel like an utter failure.

Anastasia tried to make it to her feet, leaning against the railing of the walkway the away team stood on. It took a moment for her to register the combat medic's question, but she broke out rather abruptly, still in serious pain. "He-here, armor, breached." She couldn't stand to say much, the nerves across her whole right side sending molten flares to the technicians already racing brain. She didn't respond to Meissa, but did pat the deactivated Aether Saber Rifle clipped to the side of her armor.

Orion got back from finally killing a L'Kor from earlier, he got to where the group was, dodging the goo after seeing what it did to mats armor.

"I seem to have missed a lot..."

He got over to Anastasia, determined to help.

His armor was slightly scratched, his shields we're pretty low from the fighting he had gotten into earlier, after all, snipers aren't really effective in close quarters.

Albatross, still in Engineering

Carter quickly averted his stream of death when reinforcements arrived, not wanting to risk friendly fire. Meissa's distraction had gone beautifully, but she was right. There was another door to cover. He quickly expressed his thanks to the infantry Neko with a "Good timing." before turning his attention to protecting the wounded of their own squad by sliding over to the other doorway and establishing a sightline. "Barlow was hit and Murakami's armor was damaged when she tackled a L'Kor into a wall. Other than that, I think we have mostly minimal damage and a few subdued L'Kor techies to deal with."

Albatross

Yoshida let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as anastasia stood up, and the fact they had reinforcements. Just for the moment she waved of meissa's comment "Think i'd rather just use the wrist guns if it comes to that really- besides she's back up..." She winced under the helmet as she pushed herself off the wall and moved to check on the heisho in the wall, setting the gattling rifle against the wall for the moment. In any sort of long range engagement she wouldn't be much of a help right now, but she could help keep an extra pair of eyes on the wounded, and the door everyone was just turning away from now that the larger group was down. She was somewhat hunched over, feeling a bit down now that the excitement of the battle was wearing off, her tail drooping as well. "Ana is okay, how about you ma'am?" She did her best to wave the medic over to their current position, pointing out the other two while trying to avoid drawing attention to her own wound.

"Anyone with undamaged armor and shields holding, come with me. We'll hold down the door without mysterious goop flying out. If someone comes the other way through the goop just scream or yell something about L'Kor. If one of them decides to chuck a grenade at us or something make sure to spot it or we all stand on the receiving end of an explosion worthy of me." Meissa replied, to no one really. "Oh, and Yoshida, if that's the case, hand your Aether Gatling to someone else. We need to maximize our firepower. Anastasia, you think you can handle direct combat again? If yes, we need you with that beam."

She probably wouldn't get much for doing this. In fact under a more pissy CO (thankfully, Eden was not) she'd probably get yelled at for insubordination. Hopefully she'd at least get a shiny for assuming some degree of command and keeping the unit together while their on-field commander was downed.

Commander down...oh, right! Yes! Talk to Eden! That's what they do all the time, right? She had no idea what she was doing. She was more suited to fight shit, shoot shit, kill shit, just in general be the goon/henchman/work horse/whatever. She did have to admit, though, that doing all this command stuff...quite exhilarating in its own way.

Don't get too carried away. Make the report.

Meissa cleared her throat, before opening her comms to the bridge. "This is Nito Hei Nashira. We have mostly secured Engineering. Currently one entrance to the battlefield is blocked off from my successful gamble. Mitsuko is currently downed and seems to be somewhat unresponsive, but still alive. Technician Barlow was shot through the wing as her shields broke. I've told her to hand her Aether Beam to someone else, unless she is okay to resume combat. Yoshida has taken a good deal of damage, and will be switching over to forearm pulse cannons. I have told her to hand her Gatling Rifle to someone else. Mat was brawling with enemy infantry, but retreated in time and so his shields are low. I've told him to watch the end blocked off by the spray of hot unidentified propellant. We have one Gatling Rifle unit still active. I still have my Aether Beam and all four Sylph drones, but my explosives are near empty. Other than that, our suit integritiy is okay and all units with shields holding are encamped around entrance two. Carter, what's your ammunition looking like?"

There, that should be good.

Last edited:
"Suzume-chan...Suzume-chan, stop hogging the covers...mmff, roll over...you're taking up the whole bunk..." Mitsuko felt crowded and squashed, as she tried to wriggle about, finally sliding completely free of the spot she was wedged in. The sound of Carter's shots hitting something quite near her finally brought her back from a cramped bunk on the Eucharis to the present situation.

L'Kor Albatross, Engineering

She was awake, but this still felt like a dream. Her head was swimming, vision blurry. It took her several moments to decipher the images her suit was sending her, both armor and occupant battered and bruised all over. Although thankfully no truly important parts of either were significantly damaged.

"I...threw up in my Mindy. Again..."

Mitsuko wasn't quite aware that this, and her earlier ramblings, were being transmitted to the rest of the away team. She slowly sat up as Yoshida got her attention, finally noticing the other soldier looming over her. "I'm...fine, Kokoro-Hei. Barlow-Hei needs the attention...her suit needs to be sealed up." The Logistics Neko was rather wobbly as she tried to get her feet under her, finding herself awkwardly leaning on Yoshida for support. Which brought something to her attention. "...and you, are you injured, Kokoro-Hei?" She tried to focus on the reports from the other Neko's armor, even as her own worked to repair (and clean) itself.

This perusal led to her seeing the increased number of friendly armors in the room, as she twisted to get a good look at their reinforcements. "Infantry...secure the entrances. We need con...control of local systems immediately. The Taii is waiting on us." She hadn't quite heard Meissa's report, turning towards her last. "Nashira-Hei...p-please...prepare the emergency exit we...mff...discussed earlier."

YSS Kaiyō
Bridge

"You've taken Engineering!" Eden said to the away team with a twinge of excitement. "Good! Now take the ship! Mitsuko is back up and at them, but I need you to fully support her in these dire times!"

Mochi answered Eden, "They're... Not taking this well."

We will not surrender, we will not give up this fight! We denounce your rules, your "rights of first contact" and we will send you our own in the form of severed heads of the team you sent in to our battleship!

"Princess Aiko, would you like to say a few words to the L'Kor before we decimate them?" Taii Teien Eden asked after she had turned around towards the towering, red-eyed, young Neko.

She put a hand on her XO's shoulder, saying over encrypted telepathy, "Thank you, my sweet."

L'Kor Albatross

The medic stabilized Mitsuko and made sure she wasn't moving her head too much, as it was likely she had a mild concussion. With a med scanner, she injected scanner nanomachines through the emergency port of the power armor and they went to the brain, checking for hemorrhaging and got to work decreasing bruising thefe.

Maki Miyako said, "You'll have a mild dizziness for a few minutes, Jôtô Heisho! Your suit's hemosynthetics system will repair a good deal of damage, but you need to be more careful, Jôtô Heisho!"

She turned to Yoshida and Anastasia and quickly pushed in the same injections into their ports of their Mindy 4's.

"No fractures! Not too many burns or cuts! You're going to be okay, girls!" Maki Miyako said to them as she took out the scanners. "You're all good to go! Or stay! I don't quite know the plan!"

"What is the plan, Meissa-hei?" Leeta asked. "Or—" the red-head looked to Mitsuko in her state, then back to Meissa.

"Hey, hei! Let little ol' Leeta know so we can stay or we can go now!" Reina Madoka called out, looking to the feathered Star Army soldier.

"Acknowledged, Taii. Anyone with good shields, head down the unblocked path. We don't want L'Kor sneaking behind us, so all of you with low shields stay behind and let those recover."

Meissa looked around the Engineering room while she talked. She paused.

What the hell, she's basically the commanding officer now. Definitely didn't expect this when she woke up today.

Back to the objective, Meissa. She definitely agreed with the statement that they needed to begin using this ship against itself.

"One of you technician types figure out how the heck those consoles work. See if you can do anything to screw with the Bridge before we actually go in there. Mitsuko, Engineering has already been cleared."

She sent her Wing drones out to check on the status of the Aether-welded door leading to the barracks. She had a slight suspicion they busted it open.

"I'm checking on the Barracks first with my drones to see if they busted that door open. If not, we will continue onto the bridge. Injured units, medic, stand guard over the side with the propellant. Technicians, you know what to do. All others, we're heading down the other side."

Meissa took out her Aether Beam again and began to look down the side of Engineering not covered by brown sticky gunk. She muttered to herself, barely audible by the others.

"If we head down this side, they'll probably expect it...but the other side is the equivalent of walking through our own minefield. With less units we should be doing this much more strategically...

Mat's left arm was unresponsive, but he picked himself up and walked slowly over to Meissa. He hefted his Aether SMG with his right.

"I can still help..." He said in a shaky voice.

"What can I do?"

"See if Yoshida will hand over her Gatling, she might not be able to use it as effectively in her current state. If you can get your arm repaired by a techie use the Gatling, otherwise hand it off to someone else. Keep an eye down that way." Meissa pointed at the side with the propellant. "Make sure no brave souls flank us. If they do you have a gun. Once your shields regenerate to full, hop on the inevitable assault on the bridge."

Last edited:
Carter promptly responded to Meissa's question with "I have about... thirty Gauss rounds left, not counting the emergency magazine, and fourty LASR rounds left in this mag. I'm good to go there."

After seeing that Engineering was reasonably secure, he flew up to the control panel where the technician L'Kor had been working. "I'll see what I can do here, then join you on route to the bridge." He said to his squadmates as he started examining the controls, looking for some sort of interface where he could connect his Mindy's internal computer to the panel in order to relay information back to Boss onboard the Kaiyo.

YSS Kaiyo
Bridge

Misaki looked somewhat tiredly to Eden, sending back "I'm sorry I wasn't intimidating..." Misaki closed her eyes and tried her very best to not lean her head on the hand on her shoulder. She brushed her skirt down then ran a hand through her hair, curling a few strands of hair around her finger. He opened her eyes and was obviously trying not to have eye contact with anyone and just looked at the screens in front of her.

Without saying a word, Orion went to the unblocked path, just to stand guard. While he made his way there. After his exictment lowered down, he started thinking in all the ways he could screw up. Typical Orion. He tried to shake those thoughts out if his head as he got into a good camping position, using the scope on the rifle to scan the hallway.

Last edited by a moderator:
L'Kor Albatross Engineering

Anastasia was leaned with her side against the wall of the engineering room and noticed that Orion had arrived along with the medic. A flush grin split across her face inside the privacy of her helmet when she saw them, mentally blocking out the steady pain and tingling sensation coming from her right wing. Her breathing was still irregular as she was injected with nanobiotics from the medic, but the sensation of the nanobots going to work caused her to shiver. The sensational tingling started to fade as she regained composure.

"Thank youu, Orion... Hei."

Well, at least her mind was lucid enough to speak one of them. Her voice was stuttering slightly as she moved off the wall, listening to Meissa. She kept one eye on the comrades, and Orion, as they moved to take ground.
She spoke up after a few more moments, shuffling towards Carter now that she was feeling like she wasn't going to die a horrible feathery death. "I-I think I'm good. Do you need, help with anything? Prisoners?"

"If you think you'll be good for combat by the time your shields top off," Meissa addressed Anastasia, "we're gonna smack the bridge. Until then see if you can fix Mat's broken arm. He got hit by some propellant and the suit arm stopped working. And if you're not okay when your shields top off, hand off your Aether Beam and stay here to screw with the L'Kor consoles to give us a strategic advantage. It's not crucial for these to be manned, but someone should man them to quickly adjust them if need be."

Meissa then made sure she was also talking to the Kaiyo's bridge at the same time. "This might be a bit risky, as the more time we spend encamped in Engineering, the more time the enemy has to mount up a counterattack. But I hope that by encamping in here until Technician Carter obtains some degree of control over the enemy ship, we will have more assets to attack the enemy with, more suited to an assault against the Bridge due to more guns and more bodies. We move as soon as Carter gains control."

Last edited:
Albatros Engineering

Yoshida grunted as she supported Mitsuko, wrapping her good arm around her shoulder to make sure she wouldn't fall over, even as the medic went to do her duty. "Just a little annoyed mostly- I'm fine." It was almost amazing from a certain point of veiw, how she could say that so almost calmly despite her left arm being very nearly inoperable. On top of that nearly all her added on gear like the energy cloak projector, shoulder capacitor, and NSB backpack were all disabled from various weapons fire. She visibly sighed in releif when the injection was administered, and proceded to assure herself that ina few minutes she'd probably beable to start using her arm once more. More than anything though she looked a bit tired, seeing your companions in danger could really sap you of energy it seemed.

"Few more minutes and i'll beable to fondle the gattling gun again Meissa... maybe sooner than that really" She said as she tried to flex her hand, and winced as it barely moved. She grunted and gave mitssuko a pat as she continued supporting her, her tail swishing around slowly behind her as she, like the others around her, regained composure presumably. For the moment she relaxed, to some degree, peeking towards the door they came from while many of th eother more combat ready individuals were looking th eother way.

YSS Kaiyō
Bridge

The Princess had just been watching the battle from her place behind Taii Eden up to now, taking everything in as she'd been instructed to do before leaving the palace on Yamatai. As Yui-taisho's daughter, she'd doubtlessly been born with incredible fighting skills and knowledge of Star Army procedure, but had little in the way of practical know-how. This absence of knowledge, of course, extended to the job she'd been assigned—effectively a diplomatic liaison in a Star Army uniform—but she still stood tall and kept her eyes forward on the ship's main view screen as Eden asked her to say something.

"Hah!" Aiko scoffed as she lifted the katana balanced on its tip in front of her and then set it down again, making its scabbard click against the polished deck. A channel to the L'Kor ship was already open, the Kaiyo having just received their defiant taunt.

"When one has time to think, their plans are often difficult to defeat," the young Ketsurui princess declared to whatever birdlike alien was listening. "But we've given you no time for that, and your reactionary mistakes will serve as a lesson to your kin: The Yamatai Star Empire is always victorious! They will remember your folly in resisting us today and bow in your place,though they will forget your faces, for your heads aren't even worthy to serve as a threat!"

L'Kor Albatross, Engineering

"I'm always careful." Mitsuko grumbled after the Medic moved on from her, accepting Yoshida's support for the moment. Things were slowly clearing up, although she still felt a dull ache all over. Forcing the sensation aside, she concentrated on the powered suit around her, relying more fully on its sensors and systems. "Thank you, Kokoro-Hei." She managed to step away a moment later, moving slowly but steadily. "Ignore your own limb and focus on the Mindy's instead. Tell your suit to move, and it will. Pain is an inefficiency we have been thankfully built to ignore. When possible." To emphasize her point, she helped heft up the Aether Gatling and force it into Yoshida's hand, holding it there firmly. "...and if your resolve begins to falter, order your Mindy to lock the arm and hand in place." Once she was satisfied, she coldly turned away, setting that problem aside for now.

"Belay that, Nito Hei." She stoically advanced towards the chaotic ball of activity, the new arrivals and several other soldiers all orbiting around Meissa. "We don't have the time or resources to assault their Bridge. More troops are likely on their way to meet us right now." Murakami stood still, stance wide, obviously still suffering from the adverse effects of her short and sudden trip. "I repeat...all hands, secure the entrances. Barlow-Hei, injured or not, if your hands are not on or inside of a control panel by the time I finish speaking, I will have you cleaning the Maintenance Conduits with a toothbrush as soon as we return to the Kaiyo." Seeing her still standing around after her 'rescue' seemed to have upset the Logistics Neko.

"Dynamis-Hei, get the Santo Hei working. Imagine you were back in our Engineering room on the Kaiyo. What sort of havoc could you cause if you set your mind to it? Engines, power levels, safety systems...?" She shook her head, then immediately regretted the action, putting a hand to her helmet as the room seemed to spin around her, a sea of Mindys swirling in front of her.

"...Nashira-Hei. Exit. Explosives. Hull. All available explosives." She gestured vaguely away from the group and towards the nearest outwards-facing wall with the LASR still clutched in one hand, before remembering to reattach it to her Mindy's shoulder mount. Hopefully she would have a firm grasp on what direction was 'out' by the time they were ready to leave.

Last edited:
Power Armor Bay

Amanozako saw the rather empty state of the bay, shrugged and made for her armor, which sat segregated from the few remaining Yamataian power armors.

"Well, go get yours" she said to William without looking at him as she triggered the controls that opened up her Reaper. As the armor opened she began removing her clothing. The old NMX armor, like the older Yamataian suits, were operated without clothing.

She kicked off her boots and removed her gun-less gun belt, stuffing them into a storage space, then undid her jumpsuit and began wiggling out of it as well, paying no mind to William as she stuffed the rest of her clothing into the Reaper's storage compartment, then clambered up, slipping her feet into the legs and letting herself sink into the soft fleshy interior of the power armor.

Reactions: raz
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back