• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission San: Kaizen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Armor Bay

William walked into the power armor bay, following behind Amanozako. He looked around at the PAs in awe. So much power in those suits. The ability to turning one soldier into their own one man army.

However he was drawn to Amanozako's power armor. He didn't know why, but he liked it. The Reaper armor was so different the other PAs he had seen. When he was told to go grab his armor and then the NMX neko began undressing, William blushed and turned his body to give her some privacy. "Umm... Ms. Amanozako, I don't have a power armor." He said as he stared the other way. "But if I did, I would like one like yours... Your power armor is really cool." He said, letting the teenage boy he really was show for the first time since he had gotten aboard the ship.

Reactions: raz
Meissa stared at Mitsuko for a bit while she was speaking. Then, she sprang back into action.

"I need more explosives. That means missile pods, please." was all she said. Half a block of PE wasn't leaving a single dent on this. She checked the bodies for explosives, requested for missiles, and scoured the ground for a weak point, maybe even contemplating more lines to see if it would weaken hull integrity.

She took a small mental step back as she took out her Aether Beam and all her drones, and began shooting at an area on the floor big enough for the Away Team to exit. "Ideally one of the Gatlings would be helping me drill through by shooting at one location. If you think one of them isn't necessary down the propellant side, I'd gladly like that person just shooting at the floor for the next few minutes while I carve away with an Aether Beam. Acquiring a bomb from their hangars would massively speed up my efforts as well."

Mat's shields were recharged, and he stood up. His left arm was still immobile, but he could fire and fight with his right.

"If you need me to I can head back and grab a bomb."

L'Kor Albatross Engineering

Anastasia took another breath as she began to return to a somewhat stable state. She listened to her superior officers, nodding and moving quickly towards the nearest control panel as her head cleared itself from the intense pain she'd been experiencing. She gave Mitsuko a respectful salute. "Affirmative, Heisho."

Honestly, cleaning maintenance conduits sounded quite nice compared to being impaled by an aether blade at this rate. She shook her head and tried to ignore the fact she was missing a fair bit of flesh out of her right side, and instead went to work on the maintenance panel. She observed the language of the panel, paling slightly at the foreign L'Kor writing. Ignoring the still dull sensation coming from her right wing bumping the ground, Anastasia leaned down and began to work on removing some of the panels of the machine, looking for it's connection points and where they led.

"H-hai heisho." Yoshida grinned as Mitsuko took charge, but she couldn't help but wince and hiss through her teeth as the gun was pushed into her hand as she obeyed the order to focus on moving the suit instead of her body, the synthetic muscles of the mindy gauntlet forcing her hand to close around the grip of the aether gattling rifle. And damn, was that painful. But being yoshida, and a neko, she gritted her teeth, pushed through it, and shuddered as it wracked her body for a moment as she pushed it out of her mind- even as it nearly blinded her to everythign else but the pain. It almost felt worse than when she was initially shot in a way.

It took a few moments untill she straightened up, and opened her eyes. She sighed in releif as she looked about th eroom, her tail begining its rythmic swishing again, on top of that she stood tall, on the balls of her feet, tiptoeing over to a door to level her gattling gun down the hallway, back the direction thye came from. If anyone else came that way, they were going to get melted. "Allright. All good now... Lets make sure they regret picking a fight with us!"

Power Armor Bay

"Don't have your own?" Amanozako asked, pausing in her progress to squeeze herself into the Reaper, her red eyes gazing at him. "Take one of those over there" she waved indiscriminately at the last couple suits of armor across the bay. "I'm sure the captain would not have sent you get into armor and not figured you to take one of the ones left available" she added, and as she spoke seemed to take no notice to William's embarrassment caused by her nakedness.

"And I doubt you would want my armor. It's old, beat up and crude" she commented. "In comparison to those fancy Mindy's you Yamataian's use" she added with a hint of her usual disdain touching her voice.

"Now go get in an armor, or do I need to come over and help you?" she said, like one would to a child.

Power Armor Bay

William looked over the other PA then back to the Reaper. A chill ran up his spine as she told him to take one of the other PAs. "I don't believe I am allowed Ms. Amanozako... I am not part of the Star Army. I am only a Samurai in training. I have not been given any equipment but what I carry on my back." He said as he looked back to her, then blushing and looking away again. "I don't have any clearance to operate one, plus I have never used one before." He added.

"I don't know why... But I really do like your armor." He said, still avoiding looking at the naked neko. "There is something about it that I can't put my finger on."

L'Kor Albatross

If she looked closely, Anastasia would be able to notice the layout of the ship was formatted into a viewscreen on the control panel and there were several parts of the ship she could easily distinguish based on both her own knowledge of the ship from having passed through a part of it and the map Iemochi had been able to relay to them. She pressed on the core reactor room and a pop-up menu came online next to the layout of the ship. She had several options in front of her. One was a series of arrows, going towards the right, another towards the left, and the last one downwards. Whatever this meant, it wouldn't be solved by a translator. It was not in the language of K'Lor that Star Army Intelligence had deciphered, but symbology they hadn't yet dealt with.

"Let's go towards the center of the room and drop up or down," Leeta said to Meissa, touching the winged Mindy on the shoulder gently while she pointed towards the center of the multi-level room. The center of the room was taken up by the core, which extended a few floors down and up, but there was a good amount of space between the walkway and the core. They were able to see that they would be able to go to the place between the edge of the room and the core and could fly up a few levels or down a few, too, if they got off of the walkway that circled around the edge of the room.

Mitsuko was being patted on the back by Muyomi Peio, who said, "You can do this, Joto Heisho. You've got this."

"Yeeeeee!~" Reina Madoka squealed. "Ya got that right! Now that we know where to go and what to do— Oh!"

At that moment, L'Kor PA were entering from the entrances and exits as the doors opened for them. Madoka was the first to shoot one day in a matter of moments and she ducked down so that Leeta could shoot at them from behind her.

YSS Kaiyō
Bridge

"Form up as per Mitsuko's orders! Take that ship from engineering!!" Eden said to the away team as she watched on display screens what was happening on the Albatross.

To the princess she said, "You have done a fine job speaking for the Empire, your highness. Thank you." It was then that she saw the L'Kor's face disappear from the screen his image had been displayed on.

"They've cut communications," said Asuka.

"We've pulled our away teams," Catherine Ross told Eden as her face filled the display screen the L'Kor's had once been on. "Engage the remaining fighters and highly damaged carriers to ensure complete destruction."

"Good, it's time to dole out damage of our own," Eden said. "We'll take on what's left of them, Taisa!"

"Status of your away team is reading out that you should pull them quickly. The battleship's weapon systems are offline, but they can engage FTL and scamper away with their tail between their legs like the dogs they are! We don't want that to happen while you have your team inside!"

"I won't let that happen, Taisa!" Eden said, standing firmly with her feet apart and hands behind her back.

Catherine nodded and a moment later, her face ceased to fill the view screen.

Then she turned to Arbitrated, "Arbles, strike down every fighter and what's left of the carriers! Leave the battleship for our away team to take care of!"

She said to Boss, "Tell the NMX Neko not to go out there."

"Power armor teams have been pulled from engaging the fighters. Do not engage the fighters, Amanozako!" Boss told her in the power armor bay.

"Down." Meissa replied. "Down would give us the tactical advantage of vision as we blast out the bottom end. Going towards one end would make everything defensible too."

Meissa switched focus, flying down to the bottom of Engineering and began drilling a bit sideways as she hovered, parallel to the ground floor. A smart designer would have reinforced the thinner area here, so she had to compensate for that by going a bit sideways. She cut another line of propellant, too. Hopefully it sped everything up.

The little one simply responded with some arrogance, maybe a bit too much, "What fighters and carriers? I see scrap metal!" The oh-so-satisfying reverberations of the aether weaponry hummed throughout the Kaiyo, creating a fireworks show of the remnants of the enemy's fleet. If anything, the rumble of correctly-detonated explosives and discharges should be further incentive to not be close to the gunship at the time-accidentally being hit from a rotating mount's spew seems and awkward way to go.

Anastasia, noticing the map displayed on the panel, looked around the room briefly as she curiously investigated the layout of the ship. She tapped the reactor room on the map, bringing up the symbols surrounding the reactor. She hesitated for a moment, thinking about what three arrows could mean. "I've got something here... A control map, I believe. It's directional.."

She hovered her hand above the display hesitantly, unsure of the power she could unleash with just the wrong, or the right button press. She calculated the risk, before deciding to take it. Almost immediately regretting it, she pushed the arrow facing down, internally praying for the best.

The batleship lurched, sending some of those in Engineering and many that were elsewhere on the ship stumbling. The control panel's words turned from soft greens to deep reds that blinked feverishly. The battleship's core reactor's own green lights began blinking expectantly as the colors on the control panel changed and the ship had finished lurching backwards, steadying itself and beginning to rumble slightly.

Anastasia flinched as she was flung forwards by the sudden loss of velocity, landing on and hugging the side of the control panel. She began to regain her balance with her eyes clenched shut from the experience, before opening them to see the flashing lights all around the reactor. She began to panic slightly, slipping back around to the control panel to view the blinking red words onscreen. Various words including swearing on deities were heard on the comms. "I-I'm sorry, sorry! I shouldn't have done that so soon-" She was cut off by a higher authority message.

Eden comm'd in to the away team, "The battleship has slowed and stopped its FTL trajectory, away team! Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right! Make sure they can't reverse controls and get out of there!"

Anastasia stood a little taller, looking at the people in the engineering bay as she began to calm. "Yyes Taii. I- We have the FTL controls... under control." She looked around at her comrades, still feeling that threats of conduit scrubbing were about to head in her general direction. She looked back down at the control panel, searching for a way to lock the controls in to decelerate. After a few precious moments of searching without avail, Anastasia took the more direct route. Carefully cutting open the side of the panel, Anastasia forcefully ripped the wires running to the panel's screen out of their casings, rendering the enemy panel useless.

Ow. That hurt.

Meissa found herself staring into the floor of Engineering as the ship lurched and threw her into the floor.

Fuckin' hell. She got back up and continued to drill her hole as she heard Eden say they exited FTL. Well, that made everything way better.

"Nice stroke of luck there, techie. Push more buttons!" She yelled.

The Elysian, who had been in deep though, suddenly snapped at the incoming power armors that had just entered engineering. Slightly startled, Orion shot the first L'Kor that he had in sight, that is, before the battleship lurched. He was sent flying backwards and landed on his back, while letting out a yelp.
"Hopefully it has the same effect on the lkor"
Said the Elysian currently lying on the floor in a dizzy like tone.

Yoshida grinned under her helmet as she spotted the first of the incoming power armor. She was already well in position, all she had to do was brace herself, squeeze that trigger- while wincing at a new relitively minor onslaught of pain of course, and ride the lightning as she observed the status of her sheilds. With no NSBs left to support her she'd have to shoot any incoming explosives down manually, or rely on her fellow infantry to do that for her as she light the hallway up like a nightclub just before dawn, letting out a mad giggle as the aether streamed down the hallway. She certainly hoped to stop them dead in their tracks, wether by them stopping and taking cover, or just walking into her minigun fire and dying. "Supressing the enemy from this hallway!" She didn't look around to see what the others were doing- this was a job that needed to be done right at this moment, and she was in position for it.

And then there was a very suprising lurch as she was flung into the air- she certainly wasn't prepared for it but she reacted fast, using the CFS to stabilize mid air as she heard the chatter. "Hah! Well that was fun- no one here is going to lose their lunch over a bumpy ride i don't think!" Yoshida opted to remain hovering, even as she supressed a groan of pain as she was forced to readjust her arms down the hallway to aim and fire once more. "Just keep doign what you're doing!"

Mat stood guard by Meissa. He hadn't been given any instruction so...
"What do we do after we drill ou-"

Mat heard something and turned around to see a lone L'kor power armor. It pulled out an aether blade, and Mat was only just able to pull his wrist blades up in time to block its strike.

Meissa heard combat behind her. Right when Mat blocked, her Aether Beam shifted to sword mode as she stabbed straight towards the power armor.

"Nice catch there. Do it more and you might nail yourself a crowd of girls swooning over you." she replied to Mat.

L'Kor Albatross, Engineering

Mitsuko risked another nod as their reinforcements reassured her, finding the room spun less this time. She was beginning to stand up straighter, opening her mouth to tell the two Infantry Neko to get back to their assigned posts when the latest wave of L'Kor reinforcements arrived. She was in no shape to aim herself, so the Mindy's limited supply of miniature drones made their first appearance, providing covering fire as she stumbled for cover. Maybe behind the ship's core itself. Hopefully the L'Kor wouldn't fire at it...a more realistic hope was the core being heavily shielded.

As she moved, the ship decided to lurch and spin. Murakami had become used to this over the past few minutes, her personal gravity reflexively rooting her to the floor as she swayed in place for a moment. "That is a good start. Disable their engines...life support...weapons...vent the air locks and cargo bays into open space. Anything." Finally ducking into cover as her drones retreated, she considered another option. "Alternatively, if you have access to navigation, and there are any large celestial bodies within range...asteroids, moons, planets..."

"Nashira-Hei, Shinomori-Hei, how is our exit coming along? I believe we will be departing one stop before the end of the line."

Meissa was just putting the finishing touches on their 'exit' when Mitsuko asked. She placed the remainder of her explosives on the plate, as she didn't trust herself to be strong enough to provide enough force to get the little bit of hull out, like a cork stuck in a wine bottle. Or a jammed shell in a kinetic weapon. Or-whatever.

"Exit in three. Two. One."

A loud boomph echoed through Engineering as the cork was dislodged from the wine bottle of the L'Kor battleship, the hull sailing through space.

"Breach clear! Breach clear! We're ready for retreat!" Meissa shouted. "Injured first! I'm covering our exit!" Her drones were out and her Aether Beam swung towards the L'Kor closing in fast.

L'Kor Albatross

The team escaped with the medic ushering everyone out. She would have been the last to leave, but she was grabbed from behind by the L'Kor power armor hot on the away team's tail. She was in a choke hold while Leeta Aoi looked on, the last to leave the hole in the battleship.

Muyomi Peio called out, "Miya!!" Before taking several shots at the L'Kor. She struck them and Miya was able to kick off of their power armor and surged forward, through the hull breach. As she got through, she was shot by their aether rifles a couple dozen times and her suit's chest cavity was torn open. She gasped and a final shot directly at the chest piece's breakage left her body limp and lifeless.

"Get her!" Madoka yelled, too far away and unable to. Leeta grabbed the Mindy and began flying away, then yelled out.

"I can't teleport with her in my arms, she'll spaghettify!"

The team could then hear Eden's instructions to teleport away from the battleship— fast.

"Leave her! She has an ST!" Madoka called as she charge her teleportation module. "We're wasting time!"

With a heavy heart, the infantry Neko teleported away without their medic.

YSS Kaiyō
Bridge

Asuka looked to Eden, "Confirmed that the away team has all teleported a safe distance from the battleship!"

Eden asked, "What are the battleship's stats?"

"Ready to blo- Oh, Catherine Ross incoming!"

Catherine Ross' face filled the screen and she said, "We're going to all shoot on my mark. Is your weapons operator ready?"

Eden said as she looked to the pink-winged Elysian and said, "On her mark, Arbs!"

Speaking in Yamataigo, Catherine Ross said, "Ichi... Ni... San!"

Eden's golden eyes glowed as her head turned to the volumetric display of the battleship.

Nearly perfectly in sync with Ross' "San", the Kaiyo and its squadron erupter with a fireworks show that rivaled a sun. With the explosives, aether, and what-have-you being thrown into the failing battleship's hull, it took mere moments before the armor was stripped, the structure rent into pieces before finally the unstable reactor began to melt down, both from the concentrated assault and the internal lack of fluid.

As the Albatross Engineering bay was removed from reality and the ship itself became broken in two, several smaller shockwaves chained throughout the failing vessel annihilating any surviving crew and turning the once-impressive warship into a Junker's dream. The armory, after what seemed a dramatic pause, brought forth a finale through its own destruction, silently but very clearly visually atomizing almost all that remained, the shockwaves pushing scrap metal and the occasional ruined armor away in a myriad of directions; Miya could not have aske for a more glorious first way to go out, unfortunate as she was to miss it herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back