Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Shichi: Yugen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Armor Bay

One moment, there was a heated battle, the next, a flash of light, and everything was over. Luckily, not via a large power armor bay destroying explosion. "Nani? Over already?" Came the questioning response from the small, tailed minigun wielding infantry as she stood over her victim, still smoking from the aether burns. She did not move away from her position over the most likely dead armor, instead slightly shifting her foot, hooking it under one arm for the ability to kick the body up into the air incase the shooting started again.

At the same time, she checked the charges of both her capacitor she had already used, and the teleporter. Both still filling up. She finally, slightly relaxed her stance, pointing her minigun at the floor. With her low stance, sweeping gaze, and her tail lashing behind her, she could easily be mistaken for an uplifted predatory species. "I guess we don't want to be beating our doubles so bad they need a respawn now do we?" It didn't sound like she really thought that. More as if, she desperately wished one would make a move, just so she could smash and bash, as she had very recently taken to calling just teleporting right on top of somone like she did earlier in the fight.

Bridge

Mochi gazed down at his hands where they lay idle across his terminal, brow furrowing and face darkening. This wasn't natural, this wasn't right. Beings breaking the laws of nature on a whim.. He couldn't just sit here. As he was about to confront this 'god' about its true intentions, words almost coming forth, his dear Shan seemed to vanish before him. A moment passed and without a word, he pushed himself up from his seat, uncharacteristic fury evident on his face as he did and 'god' knows what bubbling inside. He was a storm as he paced out of the Bridge, not making eye contact for even a second with anyone else inside - there was a look about him that he would tear apart anyone that would stop him leaving this place. The doors about to slide shut behind him, he spat with venom, "I'm going to find Arbs. That thing can fuck itself and if it pulls anything else I'll kill it - god or not."

Armory

Wherever she was, he couldn't trust that entity to keep Arbs safe after it got bored with the task at hand. Before long, the thunderous raven had reached their secure weapons area. Without hesitation, he swung a SLAM launcher over his shoulder - whatever was gonna happen he would find Arbles and protect her and nothing else here that would stop a Mindy. After a moment, he pocketed one of the standard issue pistols just in case. "Boss, where is Arbitrated?" he barked, to the reply of "Engineering, Iemochi-juni." Turning to the way out, the man made his way through the Kaiyo directly to the room in question.

Bridge

Misaki leveled herself, quietly cooing to Kikyō until Eden spoke. Kikyō looked at her mother and gave a very hopeful look before looking back to Saki. Her mother gave her a smile before rubbing at her daughter's cheek with her free thumb to brush away her tears from her cheeks. After doing her best, the XO looked over to her Captain,

"I hope this works, I have faith in you, but it does still worry me." The XO's expression matched her concerned tone.

Power Armor Bay

William smirked in satisfaction as Wila flew across the bay and slammed into the opposite wall. He raised up both arms as he was about send her into oblivion, but the voice of Eden made him falter. He lowered his arms slowly and backed up with the rest of the away team.

"Yes Ma'am..." He replied softly to his orders. He thumbed the heat mod on his swords and they slowy turned from their bright yellow to the blades original colors, but he did not sheathe the blades.

The IYS mindy firmly held in Abart's grasp, fired a few more shots untill it slumped in his grip, after having it's faceplate stuffed full of his aetheric wristblade. Taking note of his shoeld percentages, he saw that they were a bit too low for his liking...... he'd been careless again.

From here on out he'd need to be more careful, so as he tossed the deceased opponent aside, he turned back to the IYS crew, ellipsoid shield held forward with the LASR at the side. As he took aim, he siddenly noticed the invaders lowering their weapons..... huh...

"Hmmmm? What is....?"
His rifle pointed back at the ground, while his shield was lowered back down, but still close to his side so he could flip it back up at a moment's notice. All thoughout this, his weapons had been fully loaded to the brim.

"Guess that worked out somehow....."

YSS Kaiyō
Engineering, lower decks

Anastasia, being the humble Elysian trained for war that she was, did not take too well to an unknown voice silently teleporting behind her. Once as the first few words came out, Anastasia's feathers ruffled out in surprise as she swung around with the fire extinguisher. She dropped to one knee as she completely unloaded the coolant extinguisher on the unknown threat, before stopping as she realized she may have just iced a Star Army Commanding Officer.

Deep down, it was his fault for doing this in a critical situation though. Anastasia looked at the man and tensed up, not saying anything as be teleported Arbitrated in. She wasn't going unconscious this time, but damn if she couldn't breathe right as the man kept talking through what would normally be instant hypothermia.

"Who are you?!", the Technician managed to ask. Almost a screech of surprise, really.

Completely override the engines, attack on officer, and now replace the sproing with the boom.

If they still had a ship when they made it back, SAINT was going to tear her apart.

Bridge

"Thank you Kiseki-hei," Eden said as she stood. "Saki, you have the bridge. Deio-hei, alert me when sensors pick up the IYS Kaiyō and their enemy ship." As she strode out, she looked back longingly at her child and wife. This may be the last time she saw them in this body. "I'm doing a boarding action on the other crew."

She sighed while she entered the hallway and once the bridge doors closed, she said, "Boss, conditions in engineering?"

"Engines are stable, but the entity known as All is there and the situation is escalating."

"Alert the crew members in engineering to work with All and keep me informed," Eden said. She made it to the entrance to the cargo bay, opened up a container and looked at her own Mindy 4. She sighed, again, and wondered why she hadn't taken it out of the box it had come in and racked it in the power armor bay. Had she hoped this situation would never arise?

Power Armor Bay

Over speakers, a familiar voice spoke.

"We have orders to stand down," Nashira Meissa said to the YSS power armor team, setting down her weapon. The rest of the team did as well. The sensors on the YSS power armor team's armor would then be able to distinguish the fact that their suits had powered down. The IYS crew's systems were offline.

"You're going to help us defeat the All?" Nashira Meissa asked.

Without warning, the blast shutter doors opened and Eden came into the power armor bay as she spoke out.

Over speakers, she was saying, "That's exactly what we're going to do. Please hold tight while I allow my crew to familiarize themselves with the situation. Forgive us for keeping our guns on our persons. We are hesitant to trust those that just attacked us."

Nashira Meissa spoke up, "Sorry about that, we thought you were in league with The All Seeing when they entered your ship."

Eden nodded, "Understandable." Then to her team's comms, she said, "There is a species, a group, of entities that call themselves the "The All Seeing". We have one aboard that says they are at war with this place's Yamatai and Eve. I talked with the IYS Kaiyō and they have verified this information. What's more, what the IYS does not know, is that they have on board their ship equipment that, when combined with some of our ship's systems, will get us back home. We need to get on board their ship.

"A supposed truce and playing at helping them fight The All Seeing will make it possible for us to let them drop their defenses for a moment to let their power armor team members back on board. That is when we will strike. William and Amanozako will stay on board the ship and remain in the power armor bay to impede those in power armor here from leaving. If you two can engage them as best you can, you can help us get aboard by teleporting into their own power armor bay. Their armor team is out of the ship currently, so it should be easy pickings, at first. Once they're on to us, it will get more difficult." Finishing, Eden asked, "Are you up to the task, Kaiyō?!"

A dark blue haired and almond-skinned Neko sprite appeared in the HUD of the away team and gave a cheery and overly sweet addition to Eden's words, "Holographic projections of Mindy will disappear momentarily. Thank you for dealing with this short battle so well and good luck leaving the ship to continue it without me..." to each member individually she finished by saying their name and ranks and then was gone.

Engineering

All laughed giddily after he was covered in the fire extinguisher's spray and he wiped the foam from his mouth and spoke through it.

"You are quite a tsundere, as the Yamataians call them. Eve in particular will like you." He snapped a finger and was cleaned from top to bottom, but now he wore red panels and the same rank pin as before. "I like you," he added. Then, looking at the surprise visitor, Mochi, his eyes went wide in astonishment.

"Are you going to try to kill me? I doubt you'll be happy when your big gun's shot goes right through me, hits the sproings! and booms! that we still need to mix and match, killing all of your crew and friends and leaving me with nobody to help stop Eve and Co. Unless you want Arbitrated and Anastasia to go poof, I'd lower your weapon."

Boss spoke out, "He is right, Captain's orders are to work with this All."

He turned to Arbitrated, "Arbs, dear, we're going to make sure you get back to your universe, but not before destroying an IYS ship or two. To do that, we need to take the main reactor and replace it with parts of your aether array and put the reactor's parts where the aether array parts should go while your captain goes and gets a few bits and pieces from Eve and Co. Are you ready for that? It's quite simple." He placed one hand over the other against his tummy while looking at the three of them one at a time.

YSS Kaiyo - Power Armor Bay

Well, Boss was one heck of a genius. Creating Mindy holograms? Meissa swore they were real when she saw them.

At least fighting on the IYS Kaiyo would be a slightly easier task. She was sure that with a few of the enemy's suits down, they could win.

"Thank you, Eden." Meissa saluted.

YSS Kaiyo - Bridge

After Eden walked out, Kyoi took a breath of relief. Finally she could stop having her body tensed up like a ball of muscle.

She slumped over her console, not falling asleep, just tired.

YSS Kaiyō
Mission Ops/Communications

Riku placed a hand on his console and let out a soft sigh, exhaling hours worth of stress, fatigue, and as he did so a headache started invading. Ignoring the throbbing pain, the Minkan looked up at his screens and turned his head towards the bridge exit, frowning again as he watched the Captain leaving - taking the helm of the mission personally. He understood it was to set an example, to show that she could do as much on the field as she could on the bridge itself; yet he could vividly recall the last time she ventured out by herself. She ended up infected, dying - her lifeblood very literally being sucked away by an abysmal horror. Riku resisted the urge to follow, to again breach the strict codes imposed upon himself by Yamatai's military doctrines and training.

She is brave. Capable. Foolish. Empress watch over the lifeblood of their ship.

It was a mixture of disbelief, masked contempt, and temporary hope as he listened to the Captain's explanation through the Infantry team member's communications, something he didn't have to do after a while as each of the IYS mirror members lowered their weapons and stood down from active combat. The headache had subsided, of which the Minkan took little notice of as it had been ignored, and with their plan of action clear; Riku tapped his console and began compiling a record of their experiences here in the alternate universe. As his mind could multitask efficiently, there was little getting in the way of his official duties as any and all incoming and out-going transmissions would be picked up. The console lit up as another HUD, compressing the other more "minor" ones down as it took precedence, took it's place next to the Away Team's.

Shosa Eden - YSS Kaiyō CO |///////////////| STABLE

Processing Image ... | Connecting to MINDYv4.998 H.U.D ...

Log//Nitô Hei//Comm. Officer Kawazoe, Riku//Archive? Y/N
Y ....

.. Begin Log

Communications Officer, Nitô Hei Kawazoe, Riku logging the events leading up to the YSS Kaiyō's subsequent disappearance and
re-appearence .. |

The Minkan paused, then exhaled and decided to go at it in his native language.

Kyou wa Go-Gatsu Muika, Toshi wa Yamatai Teikoku no Sanjyu-kyu ... [writing continues]

Bridge

"Hai."

Misaki sat down and the command chair and nestled Kikyo to lay against her left shoulder so her right hand was free. She connected to any unmanned station through SPINE and leaned back into the chair's back. The near silence of the bridge was punctuated by the occasional sniffle given by Kikyo as she curled up and sucked her thumb as she tried to sleep.

The XO looked to each person on the bridge individually, feeling the stress begin to fall to her. She tried to channel everything into some side of her to release later, trying to show her stoicism that she had been trying to train up. She gave a light sigh when she spotted the fox leaning over her console,

"I know it's stressful, and I know you are all tired, but please stay with us a little longer."

YSS Kaiyo
Engineering

Eve? I thought he was working against- The smol's thoughts were interrupted as a certain blonde scientist carrying a... Rocket launcher... Burst through the door.

"Mochi...." She stood up, no longer disoriented by the various events that had just recently taken place. "Mochi, please put it down. I'm sure it was just a bit of miscommunication..." She reached her hand out to him, slowly gesturing downwards. Her firey hair was a little bit of a mess still, but her pale face was easily visible to him.

Mat was extremely confused. "Wait, are they not the bad guys now? I'm having trouble understanding a lot of what's going on right now."

He shouldered his Aether saber rifle and cocked his head. His counterpart was slumped on the ground, and Mat walked over slowly so as to not arouse hostility. He offered his hand to his counterpart, and as the other took it Mat pulled his alternate self up and offered a hesitant apology.

"Uhhh... sorry for shooting at you?"

"Yeah, whatever." His alternate self mumbled sullenly.

YSS Kaiyo
Engineering

Mochi's expression lifted considerably the moment he realised Arbles was in fact here and safe, at least for the time being. Grunting a little, the Juni lowered the hefty weapon from his shoulder, being carefully not to impact it too hard on the floor before leaning it up against one of the many pipes around the walls. "I'm surprised you didn't see me coming, All. Relax - the rocket isn't for you, it's in case any of those IYS people decide to stop us." he spoke in a forced monotony, face still dark and uneasy. It was probably ill advised to offend a 'god' but he didn't particularly care if he did. Rubbing his hands together in preparation, Mochi stood ready to assist the two girls.

Power Armor Bay

Hanna was fuming.

None of her squad mates or even the squad leader for that matter, seemed to be concerned about the obvious danger of leaving active enemy power armors alone and poorly supervised inside of their own ship. Few of the enemy infantry seemed to be cooperating with her orders, and most were reluctant to follow her instructions. She wanted to spray them down on the spot. However, she forced herself to keep her weapon down, the expression behind her faceplate tense and contorted.

When she noticed the enemy samurai, Wila, slumped to the ground by the wall, Hanna turned on her heels and strode to her location. She picked Wila up by her neck, holding the samurai above her own head and clenching tightly with her free left hand.

"Armors off and weapons down! Now!"

Power Armor Bay

William spun around to see the Captain. He listened to the initial exchange and was baffled to say the least. "What's an All?" He thought to himself. The young Nepleslian had not seen the All that was aboard their ship, and did not know of its existence till a few seconds ago. He filed the question away for later, listening to the private communication between the crew. He remained motionless as his armor stared down the IYS crew, but answered the private communications with "You can count on me Captain..." he replied softly.

He turned and moved closer to Amanozako and opened a private channel between the two of them. "Do you think we can hold all of them here without an altercation?" He asked, a tinge of worry that he hadn't revealed to the others when he spoke earlier.

He was shaken from the conversation as Hanna grabbed his doppelganger's neck and hoisted her into the air. William was stunned and was unsure how to proceed. Should he intervene for Wila? Or should he let the superiors take care of it. He felt odd about it since it was his doppelganger, and he was the one who slammed her into the wall... He looked between Amanozako, Meissa, and Eden. "What should I do...?" he asked himself.

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyo - Bridge

"Hm?" the fox perked up, after her few seconds of rest. "Sorry about that."

Fucking Hanna.

Meissa got up from the ground, and walked her way over to Hanna, turning on her helmet's speakers.

"Put her down, Nito Hei!" she shouted, slamming the butt of her Aether Saber against Hanna's outstretched arm. "We should be counting ourselves fortunate they spared us this cease-fire, after we drew first blood and got the first kill. And if you continue this course of action, insubordination may be the least of the charges you should worry about."

PA Bay

Eden had immediately rushed forward to Hanna but it was not fast enough for her to calm down the samurai, who had called out on comms to her own team.

"Don't do it!" Wila hissed over comms that only the IYS could hear.

A few of the power armored crew of the IYS Kaiyō bent to pick up their weapons, but Nashira Meissa was speaking over the samurai's orders already.

Over speakers, the IYS' Meissa loudly proclaimed, "We have our orders! Stand down!"

Hanna looked back at the YSS Meissa, who had smacked her in the arm, seemingly unfazed by the blow on account of her armor. However, she quickly turned around when she noticed many of the IYS infantry moving to pick up their weapons. Her grip on Wila's neck tightened before she noticed Eden coming to resolve the tense situation.

Eden held up her hands and pushed them down before bringing them up and pushing them down again in a gesture of peace.

"Do what we say," Eden said over speakers, "And you won't die at our hands when we've already called a truce, got that?"

The samurai flinched while Hanna held her around the neck and Eden approached, then Nashira Meissa spoke again.

"Just do it, Wila. Please just do it."

Hanna suppressed the urge to ram the samurai's head against the wall, and instead threw her down to the ground, huffing with anger.

Wila lowered her weapons and shook her power armor's head before her armor began to open and she exited the daunting piece of equipment. She stood, defeated, in the power armor bay and, soon, the rest of the armored individuals began releasing themselves from their armors.

"Armor team, prepare for boarding action," Eden said while she looked at each of them, now. "IYS Kaiyō crew will need to be brought to the shuttle. We've got to make this look real or we have no way out of their... universe." She had said it and it hurt her to admit, but they were not where they belonged. Eden went on, "Madsen-hei and Jones-hei, stand guard while the Nashira-hei and Shinomori-hei escort them to the Raccoon while the rest of you secure their armor and weapons."

Bridge

Thirty minutes of near dead silence passed while Riku compiled his report, Asuka feverishly worked the sensors controls to make sure she wasn't missing anything, and Kyōi had languished against her console as little as possible. The mews of Kikyō could sometimes be heard by the bridge crew during the time until Asuka shouted.

"There they are!" Then, she turned to Riku, "Alert the Shôsa and armor team at one!"

Engineering

All had done the best he could at directing the three there in engineering, but more had to be done.

"Arbitrated," he said while raising his arms and waving them about. "You're too good at this! You astound me. Anastasia, too, you're doing wonderfully. Mochi..." he trailed off. "Mochi has a lot of room to improve!"

All went on, "We need to tear apart the aether generator, now. Be careful, now. Bring out the internal components and we'll bring them to the main weapon in the prow of the ship, yes? Yes."

Power Armor Bay

Thirty minutes had passed since Eden's orders and the IYS crew were all aboard the shuttle out of power armor and the YSS crew was sitting in wait.

Eden got the go-ahead from Asuka and chirped to her team, "It's go time! I'll be team lead this phase of the mission. That means I'll be leading us into the belly of the beast. Wait for my cue to teleport in!" She set her coordinates and teleported into the power armor bay of the IYS Kaiyō.

IYS Kaiyō Power Armor Bay

Eden looked around the spacious bay, shot the lone medic still standing around that started running as she saw Eden in her Mindy.

She comm'd in to her team, "It's safe." It was much bigger than their own on the YSS Kaiyō and completely empty save for the body of the medic and a dozen power armors still on their racks.

YSS Kaiyo - Power Armor Bay, Thirty Minutes Ago

As the two rather annoying subordinates put their weapons down, the two on-field commanders' eyes met.

To each, their own methods of command. Equally as effective.

"You win." Nashira Meissa stated, as she stepped out of her own suit.

YSS Kaiyo - Power Armor Bay, Now

"Instructions clear, Eden. Transferring command." Meissa said.

She made sure to orient herself correctly...

IYS Kaiyo - Power Armor Bay

...and jump complete.

Meissa floated forwards, quickly stashing the body.

"Sabotage the armors?" Meissa asked, looking around the "empty" bay.

IYS Kaiyō Power Armor Bay

"No time for all of us to do so," Eden replied cooly. "Shinomori-hei! Jones-hei! Stay behind and decimate the enemy PA any way you can! Meissa, you're with me. The rest of you, we're waiting!"

Outside through the open bay door, she could see the battle still raging on between The All Seeing's ship, a great big blocky cube of a ship with lasers streaming out of it, and the IYS Kaiyo, which was fending off a number of smaller ships and fighters with its power armor and turrets.

"Let's not alert anyone of our presence for as long as we can, though, away team," Eden said to her crew that would soon be on the enemy ship. "Remember, we're treating the IYS crew as hostiles. We need their equipment to get back home and they've treated us with nothing but disrespect. Plus, Eve is a nasty bitch from what I hear. I don't want to get tortured and I think none of you do, too."

YSS Kaiyō
Engineering

Anastasia sighed as orders came through to work with All. She worked quickly and efficiently taking apart the reactor, always keeping an eye on All from behind the glass visor of her suit. She did not trust him as far as she could extinguish him.

Every once in a while, the Elysian technician would give Arbitrated a questioning look. Not questioning her, but rather gesturing to All. Soon, the reactor-array swap was coming together with good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back