Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

New Batch of Lexxy Artwork!

Old on the left, new on the right. Opinions?

hanako_bio.png
hanako_bio2.png

Thanks, Kotori :3 I know I can't please everyone, but I was curious to see if there were others that preferred something closer to the old style. Right now I'm still on Yui--the old sketch, as suggested, will be used for one of her daughters instead. I haven't had time to do a new one of Yui yet, but it's something I hope to get done over the weekend. So far I've been able to keep to the one drawing per week goal I've set--hopefully as I square away more RL obligations I'll be able to work a little faster.

But yeah... inking. Even though I don't use Photoshop for inking (I use openCanvas, it's much smoother), it still takes forever. It would literally add hours to my work @_@ All I can do is try to clean up the pencils as best I can and go with that.

We'll stick with the style Lexxy has been doing. Maybe once we get to the last couple works, we can do a little experimenting with extra realism (depending on how she feels), but in the meantime let's stay consistent and not cause Lexxy any unnecessary drama by switching up the art style in the middle of things.

On those links I prefer the first pic but Lex's work is still good, I'm envious of anyone who can draw. T_T

I can do is profile faces >.<

Tyler said:
On those links I prefer the first pic but Lex's work is still good, I'm envious of anyone who can draw. T_T
Hey, anyone can. It just takes imagination and lots of practice.

You could be drawing awesome charcter art in a couple years or so, if you took art clases and drew every day. Maybe you should start today?

Lexxy said:
Sorry about the lag... I had waited for a lull in the usual hullaballoo to start the project, but there was an influx of BUSY the past week and a half or so, so I've been falling behind on a lot of stuff. I SHOULD be able to get another sketch done today though :3 And once I finish my donation wallpaper (which is almost two weeks late now) I'll be able to apply color to the latest sketches.

HAY GUYS.

I'm not dead yet, I promise. Just... very harried. I'll try to get something up as soon as possible ._. So much for my one-a-week goal. Ohwells...

Wes said:
*pokes Lexxy*

*squeaks*

Man... you don't even wanna hear the list of stuff I've been doing that does NOT involve drawing. Anything. Whatsoever. Being that I've been very productive, however, may mean that I'll have another period of a few weeks in which I have a lot more free time.

It is still my goal to try to get at least half of this done before I leave for overseas.

I made a Yui version of the Katsuko portrait.

1154593942017.jpg

Nice edit! :O

And I actually have something to post! It's nothing much, and not part of the project, but I was compelled to doodle during my morning break and chose to do a young Hanako to keep me focused on the project even though I haven't had time to work on it. Work has gotten extremely busy, so I haven't been able to sketch during the day, and I've had too much going on in the evenings as of late to get in any drawing time then either.

All I can do is doodle discreetly when I take my 15 minute breaks u_u;

young_hanako.png

I thought she'd be cute in light fluffy colors. Perhaps she's mad because she doesn't agree >.>;

SO CUTE!

*donates $10 to your paypal* More lunches for Lexxy.

Loli haet roffleruffles.. 8U
Wes said:
I made a Yui version of the Katsuko portrait.

1154593942017.jpg

I still think she's leaning too far over, that drawing makes it look lik her hips aren't attached to anything but her legs. o.o

To further, her neck's too straght, since you can see the bend in the torso, and the head's not to scale with the rest of the picture.

I'd keep going, but beyond these bits it'd be general nitpicking on an otherwise wonderful Manip work.

Wes said:
SO CUTE!

*donates $10 to your paypal* More lunches for Lexxy.

Awwr, shucks n.n *adds you to the list of people to receive her next wallpaper installment*

Cora : : Thanks for the crits :3 I sort of see where you're coming from with the leaning, but seeing as though her weight is being supported by her right leg and it appears (to me, anyway) to be properly positioned to support said weight, I'm not sure if it's just a little odd looking, or if there's actually a problem with it that I just can't discern because it's my own work XD I really don't see what you're saying about the hips, though.

However I do agree with you on the neck, and the head is a little on the big side, but I think it's congruent with the first drawing I did and more or less a purposeful decision on my part.

Also, I'm lazy, and these are time consuming enough that I can't really afford to try to make sure everything is 100% correct n_n; As long as it makes Wes happy, I figure I'm good ter go. So please don't feel bad if I don't act on your (or anyone else's) critiques. Unless it's a serious problem for which adjustment is imparative, I don't think I'll be going back and fixing any of the finished pieces...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back