Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Re: [OOC] Acadia Dicusssion

SHIT!!!

I totally missed every freaking hint and blatant statement that those suits weren't teleoperated.

CAPTAIN OBLIVIOUS STRIKES AGAAAAAAAIN!!!

*bleep*ing shit.

Should have been there when I pointed that one out to Cy83r on IRC. It was pretty funny but you had to be there.

Henry said as he raised his HPAR again, still aiming at the enemy Hostile, "Talbain," and fired at it from from cover

Why are you shooting at Talbain?

Enemy Hostile =/= Talbain

Attachments

• Simple3.webp
    Simple3.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 136

Wasn't aiming at Talbain. I just didn't want to repeat myself.

Would it be better policy to refer to the character's by their names and not their suits, that way we know if who we're all refering to?

Also, I have loggage, PMs away!

Would it be better policy to refer to the character's by their names and not their suits, that way we know if who we're all refering to?

I prefer using synonyms occasionally to break the monotony.

Notice I sometimes call Trey 'The Sniper' and Anselm 'The Albino'. What other things do you guys prefer your character to be called by?

"The (usually) Quiet One" has a nice ring to it for Henry

When he does speak a lot, "The funny-sounding one" will do

Posting appears to be slow today so I'm gonna take a break. An update will be sure to come tomorrow regardless.

My biological clock is screwed, I can't go to bed any time before 2.00 AM. anybody has any ideas how to set it back?

heh, I don't get to sleep till nearly 7am; I got four days of normality by staying up for one night and forcing myself into bed at like 8.

It only work for about four days though, seems like once the clock's broken, you can't set it back to normal, not unless you adhere to it strictly for a good while I guess

Physical exercise/exertion throughout the day is helpful. Masturbating apparently works for some guys (so, technically speaking, sex would cover the physical exertion AND sexual release; might wanna try that if you can). Make sure you're regulating your eating habits, and try to keep your body on the same schedule during weekends as it is on weekdays. That's about all I can suggest off the top of my head.

The following shit is going to happen really quickly, 1-2 units turning the corner per posting cycle. If your weapon is not the rapid-firing type (I'm looking at you, LBRs), you cannot re-fire that weapon in the next cycle so decide who you wanna shoot and when.

And the PAL? What of that?

As for more names, if we're doing callsigns I think "Vandal" suits Harrison quite well. Anyways: I suppose they're here now?

And the PAL? What of that?

The current FIRE1 specs shows that it has a 5 second cooldown time, very fast when compared to the damage it deals if you ask me. The FIRE-R's 25 second cooldown is a lot more reasonable, but Harrison is neither in that suit nor was it approved. In compromise, your firing rate will follow the above rule (Which means you fire once per two cycles, edit your post to reflect this).

As for more names, if we're doing callsigns I think "Vandal" suits Harrison quite well.

Oddly, while there is a precedent (See 'Valkyrie' in the NSS Alliance), callsigns never caught on.

Anyways: I suppose they're here now?
Yes.

Posted. Kudos to those who can figure out what the Aggressor is doing and takes steps to counter it. Otherwise, FVS will emerge from the changing room to save the day.

Random question: You guys have been really good players. If I started a different Nepleslian plot, would you guys be interested even if it means that you'll have to make new characters?

I've got a character around, so unless it means "in order to make this new plot, I'll have to kill off your old characters" I'm good with it.

I've actually been planning on joining another plot or two elsewhere, so I'm definitely in the character-creating mood.

I'm with Cipher, here: as long as Kingston lives on, I'm good with it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back