• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

By the way, now that Eve's hacking has to start all over what prevents us from just moving the ship away from the effective range of her hacking attempt (like 1 lightyear or something), rearming the guns, returning and blowing her to bits?

The fold drive got fried, but I think we have enough engine strength to move at a steady clip. :)

Considering how dangerous an NH-23 is, let alone Eve, we probably need the extra firepower.

Tom said:
I'll need a bit of time to figure out how to dramatically have Tom bleed to death. :lol:

The Daisy should be able to eventually save Tom - it's bleeding as well. Still, it's - in my memory- the worse Tom has ever been hurt.

Tom said:
By the way, now that Eve's hacking has to start all over what prevents us from just moving the ship away from the effective range of her hacking attempt (like 1 lightyear or something), rearming the guns, returning and blowing her to bits?

Eve is on Miharu, though. ^_^;

kai said:
To Fred: The information on the Daisy and Sylph are lacking. not sure who's fault this is, but it makes me have to do a lot of guessing to post. Instead of being told my post is wrong after i've posted it, I'm going to post it here so you can tell me if it's good or not.

From previously dismantling his armor and rebuilding it, as well as generally knowing his armor, Kai knew that he had to disable the capacitor system. While the suit wasn't that much protection, it was all he had, so he couldn't get rid of it out here. Instead, the Yamataian quickly went about disabling the capacitor system- perhaps not in the best way, but definitely the most effective and quickest way he could. Dropping down behind his cover as best he could, Kai shot the units in each oh is legs off, followed quickly by the capacitor in his back. Next, he shot the one from his left arm, and then switched hands for the rifle, which felt considerably heavier now, and shot the last one off. The capacitors gone, the suit could no longer self-destruct, but Kai could now feel the full 290 pounds of its bulk. He slowly retreated further into the Miharu, looking for a place to disembark the suit as safely as possible

The main capacitor/batteries are inbuilt into the backing of the Daisy's torso armor and, yeah, Kai can thankfully probably purge them since he already ditched the fusion thruster pack.

The battery pack itself when ejected is not going to be dangerous anymore - it'll have no attachment to the AIES to keep overloading. The hemosynth insert was supposed to do the rest of the job, but Kai's adlib modification prevents that, I think.

Derp. I forget the obvious things like Eve being on the hull. Maybe we can evacuate Kotori and have everyone be sacrificed when Yukari knocks us off the hull and makes the leap.

And, yes, this is Tom's worst injury. He's managed, up to this point, miraculously, to escape major harm for his entire Miharu tenure.

But arterial bleeding. That is totally rad. Really gory and dramatic.

Yeah welcome to the Miharu Massive Injury Sufferers Club. The entrance fee is free but can still cost you an arm and a leg.

Hey... Why isn't Kotori on the list? She technically hasn't died yet. I mean, she technically has died, but... I'm confused.

Considering my rate of success in killing Yukari and how she's been consitently mowing through all the opposition I sent her way, I'd say she richly deserves first place.

Though, to be honest, this wasn't a numbered list. =P

Well, some of us have come pretty close to buying the farm in this chapter. It's actually pretty nice that the list is as long as it is.

That's probably the only reason she's not on there already. Plus with our luck? That just means her next death will be incidental, rather than purposeful.

I call for a moment of respectful silence in honor of Nyton, whom has fallen in battle.

Okay, back to our scheduled destruction now. XD

RPG-D RPGfix
Back