• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Okay I won't deny I feel a little pissed here.

Shield ARM. ARM! ARM ARM ARM ARM! The ARM!

Not the SHIELD!

Okay I can see that the grab would very likely result in grabbing the shield. I can SEE that. I really can. But he went for the arm. Not the shield.

*steps back to calm down*

*five minute later edit*

My mind is already racing for ideas on what to do next. I just can't put anything down just yet.

it seems Nyton's fate to constantly get the short end of the stick. even when he gets a better stick, someone always one ups him.

I'm sorry you're upset about this Nyton. I do stand by those actions, though. Following what you pointed out, I made a slight edit to go along better with what you said, but I didn't change the outcome.

...and yes, circumstances are crummy. I won't disagree with that. All I can provide to you is the advice of roleplaying Nyton in such a situation. Nimura practically defeated him and he's looking at death in the eye.

As a roleplayer, I ask you to make the most of it.

Nyton has had a bad run as of late. I think a big part of that reason, though, is due to his rank and the influence it has on the plot. Maybe consequences are magnified due to this?

Maybe enemies target him first due to this. Also, Nyton has never been afraid of getting into close battles nor has he ever shied away from danger. The way Fred's plot seems to go, however, is that embracing danger ups the stakes considerably.

I would hate to be in this situation with Tom, though, and I am always surprised how well Blas can roll with the bad times. It still really sucks, though and I can sympathize with the poor man here.

I don't even know why I'm mentioning this but seriously, when would he have had a chance to remove the ammo and grenades from his person? Not like Nimura gave him a chance to lighten the load.

Is cool. Fred probably needs a time out from my pissy attitude anyways.

Unfortunately the attitude's bladder needs emptying and sometimes it hits people. Once it's all said and done its kind of a mess to clean up. >_>

Tom, I wonder if Yuzuki wouldn't have already been out of arm's reach by that time. I am under the impression that Ichigo and Nimura were almost on the other side of the room, and if Yuzuki hopped into the melee, to assist Ichigo, I don't know if she'd be in shield-bumping range.

Just throwing that out there for an official resolution before I reply.

Is Asher really that callous? I was literally shocked to read that almost flippant response in light of the horrible deathmatch/teamkill that just happened.

I say this because right now, for all intents and purposes, there's no reason to believe that there's any way to bring back anyone who dies in this mission. Miharu's gone and the ST pods were ejected into unstable space...

You underestimate Asher's level of optimism. >:D

Edit: Y'see, several times already he's show a degree of separation from the normal line of thinking. Despite what's happened, he's still keeping his mind on the mission, because frankly, he feels that it's more important right now. By giving in to the tension, you give Mel what she wants. Asher just wants to kill her.

Edit2: It could also be because I'm ready to move on, and if that's the case then I'm sorry for letting that tamper with my RP.

Y'know what Koku, you're right. I just sort of jumped that without thinking. I kinda want to rewrite that last post now and leave the whole talking to Nimura thing to Yukari and Asher.

I realized I've never explained a part of how I play with Yukari. This makes me an asshole. Allow me to rectify.

When Melisson uses telepathy, I imagine it as something like a whisper. Something you can feel inside your head, but feel it on your ears, your hair, the base of your spine. She's in you, and she's pulling on all your senses. It's organic, almost tangible.

When Yamataians use telepathy, I imagine (and described) it as "metallic." I'm not original in the idea — if you've ever seen Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, the encrypted digital communication the characters use has this strange distortion to it. That's the distortion I have in mind when Yukari uses and receives telepathic communication (because, after all, Yamataian telepathy isn't "telepathy," but something based in digital communication).

You don't have to apply this, obviously. This is just how I think of it.

Also: Do you know how hard it is to find a damn example of it? I'm finding it too difficult to bother.

Hmm that IS an interesting way to put it. So it's not true telepathy after all just a digital means of communicating but without using a phone. Your HEAD is the phone. An encrypted phone no less.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back