• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Thanks for the spelling help, though I should have spelled it right given how many times its up on this site :oops: .

My mistake, I'll remember that though!

Well, has Chig, Rys, and Ash finished their assigned tasks? I'm pretty sure the last task was the bomber craft.

Just like to throw out that I will not be here on Saturday and Sunday. I'm going snow camping. A mere popsicle of my former self will return sometime on Monday.

It seems really odd that Tom was ordered to put dishes and laundry duty over having a working fold drive. o.O

I'll wait for Tom's lead in any case, so Leutre will be chilling in his room until then.

Well, Tom's also the caretaker, so, he's also in charge of putting things back into order once people have eaten.

It's more a question of pace. Remember Tom spent most of his time workig on that dratted fold system the day before. Putting things back in order neatly is merely a prelude to the Tom vs. Fold Drive rematch!

Thanks for the heads up Yagen. I'll expect pictures from a Miharu snow sculpture when you get back ~_^

How would you guys feel about making Joint Post sessions every week - like, say, Friday nights (at least to me). Not all of them need to contribute to major plot advancement (as I know attendance can vary with the varying schedule of everyone on the Miharu), but it could help the pacing and flow of the Miharu's plot.

I could arrange trying to be free and devote a day a week to that sort of evening activity... well, as long as you guys keep single posting in the rest of the week (if I notice any slack there, I'd drop the JP option - losing SP momentum is something that happened to other plotships and I'm not letting it happen to mine if I can help it).

I'm all for it, but as I said in the order request thread, I can't commit to any one night every week. As long as I can say what nights aren't good for me about a week ahead of time, I should be good most weeks.

On the physicals

Yeah, I skipped a lot of the stuff normally associated with a physical on Miyoko's inspection of Rei. My general thoughts were that most of the things that one checks for in a normal physical aren't going to be big worries on a Yamataian: They're designed to not have genetic disorders, they're resistant to infections, and hemosynthesis should theoretically take care of most internal injuries and keep body parts from deteriorating too quickly.

As far as I can tell, that doesn't leave a whole lot, especially when the body in question is only a couple of years old and hasn't had any problems. So, the main things I had her check for were stuff that hemosynthesis probably can't take care of too well, like damage to the surface of the eyes, excess fluid or foreign objects in the abdomen (as I seem to recall that newer nekos/Yamataians' hemosynthesis ignores foreign objects inside the body), and chatting enough to make sure that the patient is generally sane-ish.

Actually... areas of the link I posted above and why I didn't include them:
Lymph Nodes: I assume that their immune systems pretty much made those obsolete.

The ear: Mostly checking for minor infections.

Mouth and throat: Same as the ears.

Heart: ... I don't even know if Yamataians have hearts, or if their pulse would be audible if they have a neko-style series of tubes. Plus, the thought of trying to describe how somebody with neko-style ears would wear a stethoscope made my head hurt.

Everything else: Is mostly negligible unless the patient is specifically having a problem with it.

If anybody wants to point out anything else I should've hit, I can always edit it in. Or, if something I did would be completely obsolete, I'll cut it. If I can get a pretty good idea of what should and shouldn't be included, I'll probably write up a wiki entry for 'em.

I'm also good for Fridays or Saturdays. Any other day of the week, I'm seriously cramming my classes so might not be able to complete a JP session 3+ hours long. ^^;

Alright I'm finally in the game. Sorry for the silence since I got back. I've just been readjusting to being HOME again. Man is it ever good to be home.

Hey about our assault party, you mentioned it would include Mara, Miyoko and Mizuho. Who else is there going to be in the raiding party? I'm guessing the new combat arms guy would be included also, and if that's the case I'll have to skirt around who exactly Black Spiral is, make them sound like just some pirate group or maybe call them a new SMX faction that uses SA ships as a disguise.

In theory, it should include pretty much everyone able to go, except for those characters whom are unwilling to go and still have some use on the ship (take Yukari, Tom and Leutre for examples). Some characters, like Masako, are important for their ability to operate the Mindy power armor - but the rest of the group will have to storm in with Daisy power armors.

The assault should probably be planned out with that in mind.

As for the newcomers, well, saying it's a rogue SAINT vessel which defected to the SMX ought to be enough. They aren't stupid after all.

Look, I can monologue with Nyton for some time, but there's already Asher, Masako and Mizuho with him. What are you guys waiting for? Talk to Nyton and try to help solidify the details for the next operation. Questions and contigencies you plan out now could save you later!

Mizuho here particularly has a chance to shine. This is her opportunity to interact with Nyton too. Go, post!

While I'm at this it doesn't just stand for the power armor people. Yagen and Kel need to me a JP, I think. After, Kel, Midknight and Yagen can all bring their characters to the armor bay to talk about the coming mission with Nyton and company.

Yukari has stuff to report or orders to ask.

Tom and Leutre can chat down in the engine room. Leutre wanted some extra time to get along with the engine room too, I recall. This would be the time to do it, along with an opportunity for Tom and Leutre to chat together.

Everyone, unless I am mistaken, has something to do right now. If one of you has a problem with posting or find something dull - by all means tell me and I'll try to adjust.

Yeah guys, I could always use a little help with putting together a plan you know. ;-p

It never hurts to hear ideas from other sources. 'Sides the fact that I totally forgot about the MEGAMI in the monitor room and all. >_>

Thanks for posting Leutre. It just occured to me, though, that Tom was already headed to the SubDeck too.

Tom, maybe you could play this as you coming him just at the end of Leutre's post?

Glad to see you around, Abwehran Commander! ^_^

Sorry for being a bit slow. Classes... And when ever I did get free computer time I would spend it doing art and spend it all up without realizing it, only when it was too late remembering to post. >.<

On the plus side, I'm currently working on Doshii's (half-done) and Kel's (just starting) character art, plus maybe a redo for my own. So all that waiting time didn't necessarily go to waste. ^^

On a similar note, I'm giving plotshippers first dibs on my drawing queue, if anyone would like a ink sketch. Maybe even CGs if I have the time. But first I'll have to see how long it'll take me these two before I try any more. Still, feel free to toss me a PM so I can have some idea how many I'll be doing.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back