• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Sakura Discussion

I'd advice having them return to the Gemini Star Fortress at Hanako's Star and help the First Expeditionary Fleet defend the Sakura's Gap. It'd explain why Yui would have dared bring most of the 1st XF to the Sbuhfaba system.

Kotori said:
You made Elisa an officer?

You guys are all doomed! XD

Not quite yet - Elisa's probably going to be taking a short leave of absence; and either way, she's not going to be with the crew on the inevitable shore leave. The reason for this is some plans I have for subplots.

Just imagine it though: Elisa is a meddler whom likes to worm herself in the lives of others and pick them appart for fun. Now that she's going to be an officer, she's going to have even more power and leverage to do so.

Derran Tyler said:
*wonders what happened to the NDI squadron guarding the Sakura*
I figured they were only sticking around until Sakura was repaired.

I think Miles/Elisa's sidestory should be separated from the current mission; however, Wes, I'm leaving that to your discretion.

I think they're okay mixed. ^_^

I may not have a character active here anymore, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about this plot.

If you need any Mishhu NPCs, just call me up. I love to NPC those weapons pods tearin' up the Sakura.

All the unedited JPs that had built up (11 of them! O,o) have now been edited.

Why's Velor keep calling Hanako a liar? Hanako didn't lie about anything.

Wes said:
Why's Velor keep calling Hanako a liar? Hanako didn't lie about anything.

She was attempting to conceal the truth of what she did with Destiny. In short, Hanako made an attempt to pull the wool over Velor's eyes. He takes that as a lie.

A man like Velor would expect someone of a noble background, such as Hanako, to stand for her actions when confronted with them instead of running. From what transpired, he felt insulted by Hanako's methods.

The poor man feels trampled upon though. One event after another, and with each his hands have been tied behind his back. The only reason he has even bothered to let Hanako know that he knew, and the reason why he confronted his sister, was a hope for justice. The poor man would most likely settle for a sorry and a pat on the shoulder at this point. He'll most likely end up even more miserable when he finds out about Hanako's comment during her departure, about leaving the planet for the Mishhu.

Oh well, no rest for the wicked I suppose. :?

Meanwhile:

Miles: "Oh look, she came back because she forgot about us."

Elisa: "She wouldn't have needed to you if you just TOOK THE GIGANTIC HINT!"

Oh right, and Velor incest.

Part of the last JP seems to be missing.

edit: WOOO. Well, I guess people will be leery of respawning Miles in a new body now...

Yeah, but Miles is no more. He wasn't copied to the new body, he was transferred; the old one is just going to be dissolved in the HS tank. Besides, even if he was still alive, he'd be executed for crimes of treason, destruction of Star Army property, attacking fellow soldiers, putting the lives of the entire ship in danger, attempted murder of MEGAMI and Midori, and such. It'd be a almost guaranteed sentence of death or torture until death.

Wes said:
Yeah, but Miles is no more. He wasn't copied to the new body, he was transferred; the old one is just going to be dissolved in the HS tank. Besides, even if he was still alive, he'd be executed for crimes of treason, destruction of Star Army property, attacking fellow soldiers, putting the lives of the entire ship in danger, attempted murder of MEGAMI and Midori, and such. It'd be a almost guaranteed sentence of death or torture until death.

Mmmk. First off, he was murdered then. Next, he has three different STs, which span through his career, predating the incident. Third, if they do take him in for the crime, he has an insanity plea, and a self defense plea.

Elaboration: Pick an ST, bring him back with the DNA data he has had enclosed with the file, let him choose his fate of if he desires to become a Yamataian, instead of murdering him into it. If they try him, he'd go to court, and he'd explain himself and his situation, which is a perfectly logical standpoint for his actions, even though it was criminal. Also, if he wanted to murder anyone, he would have done it, easily. He intentionally avoided killing everyone he encountered, except for his attempted assassination of MEGAMI, whom was his murderer.

If anything, the Sakura's MEGAMI should be tried for the murder of a crew member, and wrongful deprivation of property. In short, they killed Miles, and stole his flesh and metal from him.

DocTomoe said:
Mmmk. First off, he was murdered then. Next, he has three different STs, which span through his career, predating the incident. Third, if they do take him in for the crime, he has an insanity plea, and a self defense plea.

Elaboration: Pick an ST, bring him back with the DNA data he has had enclosed with the file, let him choose his fate of if he desires to become a Yamataian, instead of murdering him into it. If they try him, he'd go to court, and he'd explain himself and his situation, which is a perfectly logical standpoint for his actions, even though it was criminal. Also, if he wanted to murder anyone, he would have done it, easily. He intentionally avoided killing everyone he encountered, except for his attempted assassination of MEGAMI, whom was his murderer.

If anything, the Sakura's MEGAMI should be tried for the murder of a crew member, and wrongful deprivation of property. In short, they killed Miles, and stole his flesh and metal from him.

This is all very well and good, but did you see the name on the fleet patch? It says Star Army of Yamatai. Sure, maybe in Nepleslia you would have a case for being murdered through the process of soul transfer, but around here, what was done was perfectly legal. No matter what Miles said, he would have died if he stayed in that body, and in the event of certain death, a soul transfer is standard. And guess what? Nepleslian bodies, under Yamataian law, are obselete!

In any case, if Miles gets revived, he's screwed...but that's unlikely.

Time to reroll, perhaps? I remember when I lost my first character...but it was his time to go.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back