• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[OOC] YSS Moirai Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: YSS Moirai OOC channel

WTF? Did Al get banned or something? Anyway....I'm waiting to post on my 5am wake up call. At which point i'll go find all my Infantry (you know who you are) and kick them out of bed regardless of when they set their alarms for :){ ^_^ }:) for morning PT.

No, i'm just a victim of this morning's login malfunction. I'll be done just as soon as i drop Strelgar is his bunk (assuming he's willing to go). Isuzu isn't going back to sleep; it's like 4~4:30 already -_-;...

*nodnod* right then....ya it did have a funky glitch when i logged in this morning too. I logged in but it was displaying some weard hud. So as soon as you done would that mean it's skipping to 5 or something else happening?

Zeph what say you?

Right I'll get right to it, I would have had it posted yesterday. Of course I couldn't, I was trying to contact my net provider. Lets just say I am very unhappy, and I will have it posted at least twenty minutes after this post.

Continue, he is in bed not resting. Now proceed, I had him do something completely irrational just because.

Aaaaand that's a wrap for the first day's activities (finally)! Next morning, go! <Stares expectantly at Ren...>

*was gonna wait till a sprite woke me but....goes to post* fine be that way....

My character is about to get a good beat down...oh well. That's what he gets for not checking to see who exactly is in charge of the infantry. :twisted:

Hmm... i think i should point out that running in double gravity would be a very different experience from running carrying your own body weight. When you're wearing weight, the weight is distributed over load bearing structures; when there's double gravity, it's distributed over every molecule in your body. This means that your blood itself is twice as 'heavy,' so your heart has to work at least twice as hard to pump the blood around your body, and probably even harder than that. A lowered heart rate in a high gravity environment would probably lead to blackout pretty fast, as your blood would pool in your feet...

Now it is a military training tactic, to make their soldiers run at high altitudes to make the body produce more red blood. It allows the body to get more oxygen to the muscles with less pumps the heart. It is fact and undeniable.

If you want to look into it all you have to do is Google - High altitude muscle endurance training.

Now with less oxygen the body has no choice it needs more transports for the oxygen. So it produces more red blood cells, for the lack of oxygen. Making the bodies ability to supply the body with energy easy. Less struggle few heart beets, the blood wouldn't pool.

Trained in almost every weakness of the body, Strelgar knows a limitless list of ways to kill someone. Now with all that knowledge, I wonder if you would call him a fool.

Of course we now go into the zany world of genetic manipulation. Where you can produce Yamataian bodys, which are just plain better than a regular human. A well trained body for a human (like Nazarii's character) is a sub-par for a Yamataian. A Neko is that again beyond the Yamataian. Physically a human cant compete. Heh...the tiny neko of Isuzu could twist Ren into a pretzel without trying.

PS: Nazarii could you please stop meta-gaming. He didn't hear or perceive anything about Renko's motives. So half of his thought process makes no sense.

Nazarii said:
Not true mind over matter, in fact he could choose to ignore it. Why he is pacing himself and, controlling his heart rate including breathing pattern. He feels the pull, he is using his mind to tell his body it is less than it seems. Mind over matter, I guarantee he will feel it just not what you would expect.

(It is just double his weight, heart rate could go up or he could have a abundance more red blood cells to bring his body oxygen. It equals up to less heart beats for more oxygen leading to the muscles being supplied with usable energy.

Sorry Nazarii, I am calling you on this. Even one so strong as an ox would feel quite the strain under double gravity. In fact, he would feel more so because of his greater weight and build. Thus the adverse affects of the gravity would affect him far more than the leanly built nekos and Yamataians.

Also, Mind over matter is true...to an extent. It allows your mind to overcome mental obstructions that impede your full potential. This concept, however, does not make the matter lighter or not affect him at all. I understand that Strelgar is a barbarian, but lets not overstep physics here. He would be just as affected by the gravity as the others, perhaps more.

Listen, I'm already cutting you a break. I do not know for sure if a Geshrin has strength akin to a neko's; lack of evidence makes both arguments plausible. But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and not making an issue of it.

Strelgar is a barbarian, I know. He has significant skill with a sword. He is very strong, ok.

Bottom line, lets just roleplay here, not metagame your character to a higher plane of power than the rest of us. Turn the gravity up to 2G's and anyone is going to feel it, and most certainly break a sweat while sprinting.

Even at a light run, you would have to let your body adjust to double-gravity. You may be strong as an ox, but your heart still needs to get used to pumping blood that is twice as heavy.

Great my parents throw me a surprise party, I forget the time. Oh what joys of joys. I would just feel better if my birthday wasn't celebrated, I guess not all birthday wished come true.

I'll start out by saying Happy birthday Nazarii!

Anyways, down to business.

You are really treating your character as if her were the main character in some sort of overarching story. It's okay if you want to make your character's backstory matter, and if you want to make your character a badass, and if you want to make your character be a powerful character, capable of crushing opposition. I start having a problem with it when it impedes the story that is the YSS Moirai. You have to give each character the same amount of power within the plot, or it becomes unbalanced, with one character owning everything and everyone else standing there looking confused. Please downplay your character's tragic past. It happened, great. He's angsty, alright. Play it up. He doesn't need to be Ironman to be a fun character to read about or play. He's no Ichigo Kurosaki, who is able to come out of every single fight alive, through divine providence and, of course, another ace up his sleeve. NO STAR ARMY CHARACTER IS LIKE THAT. Strelgar is simply a military man with a semi-tragic past and with little knowledge of technology.

One last thing that irks me. As GM, if I say something happened, it happened. You said that Strelgar kept pace with a Yamataian woman who was sprinting full tilt. Without so much as an "oh crap this is kinda hard IN 2 G'S."

I said that his heart couldn't keep up. WHILE GIVING YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT that he could MANUALLY control his heart rate. May I remind you that that ability is EXTREMELY rare. And for good reason: your heart rate keeps you alive.

You said that he went to sleep.

I said he fell unconscious.

He fell to unconsciousness again, his fatigue caught up with him.

He never woke in the first place thus the 'again' would never be used.

He did not let fatigue catch up with him. He dropped like a rock to the floor from what is basically brain blood loss.

Don't argue with me.

Thanks for the argument, I needed something to do all of my 4 day vacation. Also, just look at it this way. He has the ability, I have the writing ability. So lets just say Strelgars personality is something that would get on peoples nerves quickly. Just look at it this way, I needed to get him to avoid the meeting with the captain.

NO! This is how he is, he thinks a lot and I am telling it from the Narrative view. What better way to tell this chapter of his life.

1: I have revised all of them posts of recent.
2: Yes I push buttons when I know I will have nothign to do for many days.
3: I am happy you will enforce your words.
4: YATTA!

Strelgar needs time to lets say make a life changing decision, so I will modify my first posts today. Besides my best work comes from the second revision, oh yeah and I liked that nothing gets the mind working than a good argu-discussion.

MR. GM SIR! I will from now secondary revision my posts to better make sense. Including minor gramer and L-limitations, but know this I need at least a twenty minute window for single posts so I may make them better.

Yes good! Now let me think. *Ponders*

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back