• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[OOC] YSS Moirai Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: YSS Moirai OOC channel

Alright. I shall take your word for it. You will pay more attention to the setting and put more stock in the story all of our characters are a part of.

As long as you heed my words, you will do fine, but if you do not, three strikes. I sincerely hope I will not have to mark you down for a single one.

Yes, I will still write like a novelist, I just will take it easy. Perhaps, I can ask but well- He is meant for both jobs Maintenance and Soldier, how would I have written it in the Wiki?

Timeline Question: has the UOC declared independence yet, as far as this plot is concerned, and if so, has news reached us yet? This event raises potential loyalty issues for some of the characters involved, not to mention calling into question whether or not we should even be collecting these SS pods, if some of them might belong to the former 5th Expeditionary Fleet...

Uh....i think everybody's just waiting patiently till the meetings over. I know Ren is. She has a non-mission related question and thats about it.

Isuzu would protest how poorly planned this mission seems if she thought it would do any good- but as the captain believes that the ship is prepared for whatever may come with a just a few Daisies, she's holding her tongue. Sassing your superiors is not a good way to start a tour of duty (Though having your ship destroyed and dying on your first mission because of ill-preparedness is, in her opinion, an even less auspicious start ^_^;...)

Regarding the UOC thing. This plot is not yet in the present time. We will happen upon that knowledge as we leave port. Thus, there will be time to think about loyalties, wherever your character's may lie.

Concerning the preparedness: Galar's superiors believe that there really is nothing out there; no intelligence has led them to believe otherwise. Also, the ship is very fast, so the higher-ups reason out that as long as we maintain awareness, we should be able to bail out if things look like they are going south. Feel free to voice Isuzu's concerns, that is what Galar will tell her. ^_^

By Yamatai standards, the ship is reasonably fast; Plumeria light gunships and even older model Sakura gunships are faster than it (of which Yamatai has oodles). This means that the Mishuu very likely had something fast enough to catch it...

And regarding Isuzu voicing her concerns... she's already used up her word allowance for the entire week in explaining to Galar that she's actually in a NH-29 body and there was just some sort of mistake o_O;. Isuzu doesn't like to mince words, and she only talks in detail for her superiors or when something needs to be explained; otherwise, you're lucky to get whole sentences out of her...

Isuzu realizes that someone, somewhere along the line reasoned that this mission was 'safe' enough for them, she just doesn't trust the decision-making skills of those who issue the orders and release the information from on high. They generally haven't made very good decisions in the past, in her experience. Therefore, she's not going to argue; just sit and stew, waiting for the next catastrophy that is inevitably right around the corner...

Just a "by the way" to Ren and Greg: it would be quite helpful to have both your characters post a "No sir we do not have any questions." post. I mean, it looks as if me and Alhaz are the only ones posting. ^_^

We will launch on sunday, unless you all have a better day for a JP. If so, post that in the JP thread.

Duno if greg and I will be able to. If we are it'll be from our hotel in Seattle on one laptop which i run adium off of so i dont know how well it does conference. We did tell you we weren't going to be available this weekend didn't we?

You could use meebo; our last JP confirmed that it works just fine for conferencing, and its a web-based application. You folks are gonna be at a con, though, so i'd wager it'd still be hard to find time for a JP in the middle of the day on Sunday...

First off, Adium works just fine for conference, it's what I use. Second: Who is not available for a JP on monday?

That depends a lot on what time it is. I can't manage anything before 6~6:30 pm, Mountain Time.

I suppose we shall just have to content ourselves with SP's until we get a chance to do a full JP. However, if I happen to catch one or two of you on YIM, we may just do a small JP thing.

We will ship out as soon as possible, and by that, I mean as soon as they approve our entry into Nep space.

Hmm... in another current thread there was a NH-29 neko carrying around an aether generator all by herself, by using gravity/inertia manipulation, so despite not being able to pilot a Daisy at the moment, Isuzu's scaled-down abilities should still allow her to do most of the other stuff she'd normally be required to do... though one hopes that Ren doesn't catch on, or she might want to find out if a neko youngling can gravity-assisted judo throw a full-grown Yamataian -_-;...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back