Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Osaka's doodling

OsakanOne here. The better stuff of my journey to artistic enlightenment ends up here. At this point, it's mostly just experimentation...

lolipw5.png

If you'd like me to have a go at something for you, just ask here!

You want Rebeka to do more Jojo poses?

It was a running joke that prior to SARP, the character she's based on was always looking at her palm.

You want Rebeka to do more Jojo poses?

It was a running joke that prior to SARP, the character she's based on was always looking at her palm.
I wonder why? Does she like looking at her hand? Does she wonder why everyone else's hands are not as big or strange-looking as hers?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Osaka likes big girls

upload_2016-4-25_11-45-59.webp

Aiesu is displeased by the prospect of Poesu, a construct with poor impulse control caused by the Poe'tis proportion of Aiesu's Ey'tis aspectation gone wild.

She is also not a fan of bikinis, on either of them.

About the poetis breed of eytis
(Lora Lupalagus Cunyicaratacus)

A noteworthy domesticated breed is a poe'tis. Bred specifically to hunt Caua, a micilium similar to truffles known for its natural source of caramel and high concentration of opium (a common defence mechanism making many animals docile which has backfired in the case of the Lorath), poe'tis have an excellent sense of smell. They are unfortunately known for their love of sleep, physical gratification and poor impulse control. Their laziness translates into fattier bodies. There is some controversy as to whether they were bred to hunt caua or for a higher fat concentration and lazier muscle use translating into better tasting meat, with poe in some circles kept as livestock. They are often more intelligent than their ey'tis counterparts an they also tend to self groom obsessively - in some cases fur along their backs, about their faces and tails curling into ringlets. Poe'tis also produce far more of the breeding pheremones ey'tis are known to respond to, perhaps explaining the proliferation of the breed amongst populations (creating mutts) despite their poor survival instincts.

It is generally considered poor luck among l'manel who aspect after an ey'tis to be struck down with pairing up with an ey'tis with an impure blood-line (eg: a quarter poe'tis) as many pathological traits risk translating very thoroughly (laziness, addiction, a certain smugness). Those afflicted tend to be paranoid of themselves, working too hard to compensate, coming in swinging bouts of mania verses laziness akin to bipolar disorder. Those who physically mature with the aspectation also tend to have thicker bodies in many cases – and even those who cheat chemically to reduce her bodyfat often left with “sizable proportions” popular with foreigners.

Oddly enough however, ey'tis cross-breeds to make good pets: The sometimes neurotic habits of ey'tis calmed enough for them to live comfortably indoors though rendering them useless as herding or working animals. As such, those with the aspectation are viewed as having a poor work ethic.

Last edited:
ai.imgur.com_oF2L7K8.webp

Third drawing of the day. A study of @Moogle 's

Medic Merril 'Soft Touch' Ghere Lmanel
, pretty much my favorite catgirl on the whole site. She's inspired not by housecats but by those big mountain lions, or lynxes and she's got an oddly shaped mouth. She's pretty aggressive, if I remember and she's recently undergone some bizzare transformation into a half-structol-half-l'manel-monster that's about 8 feet high at her smallest and about the size of a Winter Frame (the bot I'm working on) at her biggest. She's also in passing, swallowed alive about 6 constructs of Aiesu now, which she's developed a taste for - specifically to make Aiesu avoid her: I can say with unerring truth that her attempts have been a complete success: Aiesu now fears cats more than she has in her entire life - and with good reason: When Merril comes around, you'd best be runnin'

Spent a lot of today also working on an anatomy reference for a future drawing of her we've discussed involving her brains making a sticky tarrish synthetic mess, like black paint.

I'm going to have to learn how to paint those colors. Argh.

ai.imgur.com_hIHHcIX.webp

Last edited:
upload_2016-4-26_6-16-51.webp

God she's fun to draw. I need to take a crack at Aiesu tomorrow.

Oh and finish the Merril pic, and when I've figured out Seiren's outfit, the Seiren one.​

So today, one of my favourite musicians noticed me. They'd taken down lots of their stuff due to sampling/copyright and they reuploaded it for me when I asked on the /r/vaporwave subreddit.

Yes, I got noticed by senpai. And they did me a big solid.

ascontent_lhr3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_xla1_v_t1.0_9_13094380_19ec330ffb91539ce73b9c67e79f224b9.webp

Noticed. As. Fuck.

So I made a thankyou:

ascontent_lhr3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_t31.0_8_13123045_1181583348549143_327635801122470513_o.webp

Attachments

• ascontent_lhr3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_xla1_v_t1.0_9_13094380_19ec330ffb91539ce73b9c67e79f224b9.webp
    ascontent_lhr3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_xla1_v_t1.0_9_13094380_19ec330ffb91539ce73b9c67e79f224b9.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ascontent_lhr3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_t31.0_8_13123045_1181583348549143_327635801122470513_o.webp
    ascontent_lhr3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_t31.0_8_13123045_1181583348549143_327635801122470513_o.webp
    126.4 KB · Views: 0
A question I get asked a lot is "how does a pilot even fit in that? Its too big to be power-armor and too small and compact to have a proper cockpit"

My answer: You mad cuz I'm stylin, bro?

upload_2016-5-1_2-15-35.webpupload_2016-5-1_2-21-42.webp
upload_2016-5-1_2-27-26.webp
upload_2016-5-1_2-29-37.webp

RPG-D RPGfix
Back