• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post Mission 5] A Time for Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sune secured the medbay, after making made sure the area was ready for its next use. He went by the ship's fabrication bay to get a new rank pin. After afixing it he went back to his cabin.

Not surprising Valencia was not there. He asked Charisma about the party that was to take place shortly. This will certainly be different from any of the celebrations aboard the Bouken. he thought. Sune changed into his exercise uniform. It seemed appropriate for the moment, and was the most casual garment he had. I really must see about acquiring some additional off duty clothes. Perhaps after the party I can see about purchasing some. Now its time for something to eat.

Sune then walked back to the Wardroom and walked over to the buffet. He added a slice of tomato and lettuce to his sandwich. He put a few pickles on the plate beside his sandwich. Since this was a day of celebration, as well as his being accepted aboard the ship, he opted for the Yamataian wine. He looked around and saw Valencia, he walked over to him. "May I join your or is this seat taken?" He said with a grin.

Bowing, Imakiri picked up his duffle bag and turned to leave the wardroom via the stairs. The crew lounge and cabins were not difficult to find, being directly beneath the wardroom, Imakiri soon discovering that there was in fact stair access from the wardroom itself. Imakiri chose to leave his things in cabin 2, which appeared to be unoccupied. Leaving his bag on the desk provided, Imakiri sighed as he massaged his eyes. He was on a ship, finally, ready to go out into the field. Imakiri could not help but speculate what would happen to him during his time on the Eucharis.

Sitting on the bed, Imakiri took a moment to compose himself, his mind again wandering onto thoughts of the future. It had been about four years since he had been a part of any scientific work of any real importance, and Imakiri hoped that his skills and knowledge were still as sharp as they used to be. He also hoped he would have an oppurtunity to find out.

"Arigato Hanako Taisa!" Nika mood immediately lightened as she got off the seat, "I'll get settled down and catch the rest at the wardroom." She gave a bow and exited the room, noting another potential crew member already entering, the neko allowed her in first before exiting.

Outside, she wiped her eyes, her tension dying out. The interview didn't really go well, but Hanako was accommodating enough to allow her and Imakiri on board. Will the other girl be accepted as well? Nika wondered as she gathered her duffel bag and headed off where the bunks are.

Thanks to Charisma, Nika found a empty bunk, which she promptly unload her belongings. "Now then, I should get changed out of this to something casual." Humming to herself, she changed into a pair of jeans and T-shirt. Once done she kept her bunk area in order and headed back to the wardroom.

Hotaru received Konoka's reply as she was looking at several outfits, deciding which one to buy. Realising that she had forgotten that there was to be a party planetside this evening, Hotaru quickly replied to Konoka informing her of this and that Hotaru was going to dress casual.

Deciding upon a nice, pleated short tartan skirt and a snug fitting top, Hotaru proceeded to buy those and several other items of clothing. Noticing the time on her pda, she headed back towards the Eucharis and her quarters to offload her purchases. She decided she'd shower and freshen up before the evening's festivities after having a bite to eat in the wardroom.

Not seeing Kumiko in their quarters, Hotaru wondered what she was doing afterwards and if she was going to the party. Thinking she would find out sooner or later quickly made her way towards the wardroom and food.

Upon entering the wardroom she realised there were a few new faces. Thinking these are the new crewmembers, she thought to take a leaf out of Konoka's book and introduce herself. After getting her sandwich and salad dressing, Hotaru grabbed a glass of milk and made her way over to the newcomers.

Bowing slightly due to the food she was carrying Hotaru spoke, "Sumimasen, are you the new crewmembers? Yamamoto Hotaru, Jôtô Hei. May I sit? Will you be going planetside for the party this evening?"

"No its not taken, you can sit." He took a bite of his sandwich as he waited for Sune to sit down. He silently noted that Sune had also taken the wine. Once Sune sat down he grabbed his own glass of wine and raised it as he said, "A toast, to the new year."

Kumiko, having been lost in thought, working on another design, set down her notepad. She checked the message that had come in, then grinned. So, a party, hmm? Sounds like fun. She then saw the current time, and her smile disappeared. "Ah, lunch!" She scrambled over, and pulled out a pair of jeans, and a shirt. She looked at her sneakers, then shrugged and pulled on her boots anyway, unsure of where she would head after eating.

She found her way down to the wardroom, and found a plate quickly. She then went and got herself some food, a chicken sandwich with tomatoes and mayo, some red beans and rice, and a glass of lemonade. She then looked around, and, upon spotting Ramiro and Sune, went over to them and smiled. "Well, since you're here, I'll assume your interviews went well. May I sit with you guys?"

Ramiro saw Kumiko walk in out of the corner of his eye an grinned. After she walked over though he quickly hid his expression. "Yes our interviews did go well and yes you may sit with us." He slid over to make room for her on the seat next to him. "I was just saying he toast," he told Kumiko at which point he raised his glass again. "To the new year."

Sune raised his glass, "To the New Year and New Beginnings." He took a drink of our glass. "So Kumiko, have you attended one of these parties before?" he asked.

Kumiko toasted, then took another sip of her lemonade. "Well, I'm glad to hear that. And no, like I mentioned earlier, I joined up with the Eucharis shortly before this last mission. There wasn't time to throw one, and I doubt we would have even if there was, since I was the only new person. So, in a sense, this is a party for me too." She cocked her head to the side. "Honestly, it's a complete first. My last assignment, the former YSS Moirai, was a SS&R ship, and before that, I was at Fort Ready, so I've never really had much social time in the military." She sighed. For spending time in three different places, she sure hadn't seen much.

When she actually arrived at the wardroom. Most of the crew members were already there, having their meals and conversations being made.

Regardless, Nika made a bee-line was made to the buffet area, where she finally found the source of the sound and smell during the interview. Not asking for much, she took a sandwich, and a glass of lemonade as there will be another party later at planetside.

"Hello everyone, sorry about my lateness as my interview took a while." The neko smiled at the group, "Himeya Irenika, Santo-Hei, yoroshiku onegaishima-su." Nika introduced herself as she looked at them, "Am I interrupting?"

After ascending the stairs into the wardroom, it seemed that since his interview more people had filtered in to eat before the New Year's celebrations. Helping himself to some ramen from the buffet, still dressed in his uniform. Looking around with the bowl of noodles steaming gently in his hands, he passed Nika, the Nekovalkyrja from before. As he sat at the table, Imakiri's mind wandered as he pushed his noodles around with his chopsticks; when was the last time he had gone to an actual party? It must have been when he was still in training, as he remembered his "going away" celebration had been a low-key affair with his parents. Imakiri looked down at his green uniform with a frown, trying to remember which of his civilian clothes he had packed, if any.

Around him, people talked cheerfully as they ate and prepared, and Imakiri decided against muscling in on any conversations, content to simply listen to those beside him and talk if spoken to.

Sune smiled, "Well, its a first for me was well. The Bouken was a civilian ship, and while there were parties, they were normally to celebrate birthdays, and other events. From what Charisma told me about the type of party this is going to be. I suspect it will be a real eye-opener. What about you Valencia-san?" He then went back to enjoying his sandwich. If this is typical food aboard the Eucharis, I will be enjoying the meals here.

Hanako, still in her seat in the wardroom, waved Junko over and gestured for her to take a seat.

"I have a list of questions for you to answer," she told Junko, shrinking down a holographic display and then sliding it over the the Technician.

1. Why did you join the Star Army?

2. Why did you choose the Eucharis?

3. What role do you see yourself best fitting on the ship?

4. Are you interested in becoming a leader?

5. Would you consider yourself a sociable person?

Hotaru sat down after mentally checking who was who as she had downloaded the public dossiers of the new crewmembers earlier. Nodding to Ramiro as he proposed a toast, Hotaru was about to lift her glass when another of the new crewmembers walked up and sat down shortly before Kumiko.

After the toast Hotaru spoke, "Ohayo Kumiko-san. I wondered where you had got to. I was seeing who would be going to the party this evening." before she took bite of her sandwich.

Thinking about what she needs to do before heading dirtside as she ate, Hotaru almost missed the arrival of Himeya-Hei. Smiling in greeting, she continued to eat as the conversation continued around her while she decided what she would be wearing.

Ramiro took a swig out of his wine glass and then looked up the others to respond"I have attended parties like this before, back when I lived on Yamatai. They're fun, if you have a less than innocent mind. To me this sounds sort of like a rave and I can also imagine seeing more than a few fights while we're there." Ramiro then noticed a new girl walking up. He turned to her as she introduced herself and then he got a really confused look on his face. "Come again?"

Junko moved quickly to the Taisa, ignoring the other crewmembers, new and old alike, in the wardroom. Sitting down, she studied the questions and quickly formulated her response. It helped that she had given such topics prior consideration, as she did not trust herself to water down the more extreme of her personal opinions on the fly.

“To begin, ma’am,” she said in a quiet, light voice, “my reasons for joining the Star Army are really two-fold. For one, my mother went far out of her way attempting to secure an NH-29H body for me, working through compatriots of hers still in the Star Army. Enlistment was a necessary requirement for receiving the body, and I really could not reject her sentiments. Perhaps more importantly, I’ve always been interested in the ships and equipment of the Star Army, for as long as I can remember. It has always been a dream of mine to work in an environment like this.”

There. She was quite satisfied with her first response. Really, there was no need to mention her belief that she, being a Nekovalkyrja, had all of the intrinsic worth of an AS-7 torpedo or fire control relay and deserved to be used as such. It was something best kept to herself.

“As for my request for transfer to the Eucharis, an opening for a technician aboard one of the most technologically advanced warships in the galaxy was far too excellent an opportunity to pass up.

“But in that vein, for my role aboard ship, I hope I do have something to offer when it comes to servicing the ship. If you will excuse me, ma’am, you and the Eucharis have rather fearsome reputations, what with the importance and danger of the missions you take part in. If I can assist in maintaining the ship even in such situations, it would be most gratifying.”

Junko paused again, considering the final two questions. To her mind, they were connected. Certainly, she disliked having to deal with all of the interactions “humans” felt necessary. If people simply did their jobs without playing all of the myriad social games that inevitably occurred, she would be much happier. In that sense, she didn’t really have an answer to whether she wished to become a leader or not. On the one hand, increased rank meant greater responsibility to work with people. But on the other, it meant a certain aloofness and freedom from more casual interaction. Indecision in mind, she decided to answer honestly… to an extent.

“In all honesty, I do not have an answer about future goals for leadership. At this point, I have so little experience in the realm of military responsibility that I cannot say. Perhaps time will tell.

“As for being a sociable person, to be frank ma’am, I do not actively seek out social interaction. I am not sure what my file says, but certain circumstances at home prevented me from participating in… normal interactions. Given the choice, I would rather be working on repairs to the ship right now than sitting here with the other crew members,” she said, indicating the others eating in the wardroom. “But of course, I understand the importance of smooth functioning among the crew aboard a ship, especially a warship. I will try not to isolate myself and to attempt to participate.”

Finished, she bowed slightly, though still seated, towards the Taisa.

“I hope my answers have been satisfactory, ma’am.”

Konoka skipped into the room, and, seeing Hotaru among some new or new-ish faces, waved and skipped over.

"Hi!" Noting the one person she hadn't met, she turned and said, "I'm Konoka Miyazawa. Welcome!" Looking back at the others, she sat and said, "Are you in good health and good spirits today? Wow, isn't today wonderful?" She laughed. "Well, every day is wonderful in its own way. How happy are you?" Turning to Sune-Hei and Valencia-Hei, she said, "I see you've found your way. I just wish I could have been the first to welcome you." Looking at Hotaru, she said, "Oo, good to see you again, my friend!" She sighed. "So, is everyone having a wonderful day? What was the nicest thing that has happened to you today? For me, it was seeing so many new faces! What wonderful luck, more people to make friends with! Please, please, tell me about yourselves! I do loving hearing about people." Grabbing some food, she said, "What a nice day...so many nice people...but I'm talking too much, please tell me about you, because I'd love to hear it! Yay, new people to talk to!"

Sune chuckled to himself, Perhaps there is something that can be done to mellow her out. Or perhaps there is some sort of chemical imbalance causing her behavior. Never mind the fact that she still has not gotten my name right. "Konoka-Hei, I am glad to see you are so happy, as for myself, the nicest thing so far has been joining the Eucharis, and restoring our crewmate Pineapple to service. She is sitting over there." Sune said with a grin. He then realized something from when he was looking at the crew records. Konoka-Hei is assigned to Medical. That will be interesting to say the least.

Nika's mind was already processing the roster list in her head provided by Charisma before 'interrupting' their conversation. "We have Sune-san, Kumiko-san...They seemed to be still in conversation..." Her eyes catching Hotaru smiling back at her, "Hotaru-san should be the senior around here, other than Hanako-Taisa." She wondered, whether the captain and Junko had finished the interview.

It was then Ramiro replied her with a question, which made the neko wondered whether he understood what she was saying, or he was too caught up with other conversations with Sune and Kumiko that he missed some of her introduction, "Just please to meet everyone. It seems I might be interrupting, so... I just..."

A rather hyper neko skipped over and introduced herself before she could finish and continued to 'muscle' her way into the groups conversation, much to Nika's surprise, "Please to meet you too Konoka-san. Himeya Irenika, you can call me Nika if its easier for you."

With that, she decided not to intrude further and took a step back, taking a bite of her sandwich followed by a sip of lemonade.

Hanako wasn't 100% in agreement with Junko's answered but overall she seemed satisfied. "Congratulations, Takeda-hei; I have decided to accept you into the crew. Go claim a bunk, alright?"

With that, Hanako stood and went to the buffet line to get herself lunch--a chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, along with red beans and rice, green beans, and a large pickle.

As she quietly ate her sandwich, her eyes looked over the wardroom. She hadn't seen this place so alive in a long time, and it was kind of nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back