Response to Wes' Survey:
1. Are you enjoying the Resurgence RP? What do you love about it?
I'm about as new to the RP as you can get, but have been watching it for almost a month now. I really like the episodic feel and the energy everyone brings to the table for the JP's. It is an excellent introduction to the Star Army community and style of doing things.
2. What are some things you'd like to see in this plot in the future? I am especially interested in plot ideas or places to visit.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Yamatai. I don't really know enough about the setting to know where the ship might visit, but I do like the idea of being able to flesh out entries in the wiki with things we have learned/developed as we roleplay at different locations. I am also really looking foreword to seeing how Okimi develops over time and what sort of connections she makes with the crew!
As for plot ideas, just the usual standard sci-fi fare really:
I am sure I'll think of more as time goes on, but that's all that immediately came to mind!
- Rescuing a crew - lost on a remote planet having abandoned ship during a battle or maybe an emergency pod containing the crew's backup's stored on a data storage device;
- Responding to a planetary emergency - medical, economic, humanitarian, geographical, etc;
- VIP aboard - either transporting somewhere or secret talks aboard etc;
- Abandoned station - in an asteroid, floating in space, etc. Old Uesuryan facilities or older, left abandoned but maybe used by smugglers, pirates etc?;
- First contact - previously unknown human/other colony is detected as Resurgence travels nearby;
3. Got any suggestions for me as a GM?
From everything I have seen, heard and experienced? Just keep on doing what you're doing!
4. What can we do to get more SPs rather than us always waiting 'til the next Tuesday? Should we start tracking points like Andrew's plot?
Um, you could bring an energetic and friendly caretaker aboard the ship - they'd be doing lots of things to try and keep everyone involved and happy! Wait, you just did? Oh my!
Other than that, I think that as we see an increase in SP's, more people will feel encouraged to join in and post themselves. Honestly, from my experience, its usually just not being able to think of something to post about that stops people from posting. I'm hoping to do lots of smaller scenes with different players and characters going forward, even if just with NPC's!